image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 101.
#2201 7 years ago

my tftc dont start the multiball on the back scoop like it used to,any ideas?

#2202 7 years ago

Hey everyone, long time no post. My TFTC has been holding up extremely well and gets a lot of use by friends and myself. I've been able to get through Crypt Jam a few times which felt great.

The only loose ends to still tie up is the issue I'm having with my captive ball receiving phantom switch hits, my creature feature wheel can be manually moved from spot to spot by hitting both flippers while it's starting a CF mode, and my ramp side jackpot missions (i.e Living Dead) will start prematurely with sometimes just one or two shots of the left ramp. I'm using the 4.0 rom by ChadH.

A community trusted pinhead friend of mine with many years experience repairing boards and owns a TFTC feels my problems lies within my connectors and the MPU could be seeing a voltage drop, probably from bad connectors up on the power supply. The flippers pull major current and drains the voltage down and makes the MPU go crazy, which could explain why any of the problems mentioned above, apart from the left ramp starting right ramp modes, all primarily occur when I hit both flippers at once in certain moments.

I'm hoping to muster up the will to get that fixed soon. I keep waiting for that rainy day to do it, and continue wanting to play this thing over and over again and pushing off the repair.

Fingers crossed this works!

Also, I just need to replace some of the eye ball targets, since a few have worn off their blood shot eye designs and I have a new set of plastics to switch in. Otherwise the game is perfect and feels great, super tight and responsive.

Lastly, I added a cool white spotlight LED in the shooter lane, and every time it flashes and lights up the lane, it reminds me of a lightning strike or the creepy lighting of a hollywood murder scene. Kind of cool addition I wasn't expecting.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg
DSC_0076 copy 2 (resized).jpgDSC_0076 copy 2 (resized).jpgDSC_0126 (resized).jpgDSC_0126 (resized).jpgDSC_0125 (1) copy (resized).jpgDSC_0125 (1) copy (resized).jpgDSC_0137 copy (resized).jpgDSC_0137 copy (resized).jpgDSC_0131 (resized).jpgDSC_0131 (resized).jpgDSC_0149 copy (resized).jpgDSC_0149 copy (resized).jpgDSC_0082 copy (resized).jpgDSC_0082 copy (resized).jpg

#2203 7 years ago

Also, does anyone here have a Pinsound board in their TFTC? I've been watching videos of other games that use it and it sounds amazing.

There is one video of the TFTC pinsound board here: But I'm not too keen on the heavy rock music playing.

If I would get one, I'd add this as the main song to play to:

Just curious if anyone has experimented with it or has any footage of the board in use.

1 week later
#2204 7 years ago

Has anyone experimented with using a stronger coil at the rear VUK? I've rebuilt and adjusted it, but it still won't kick up on the first kick most times. Maybe a stronger coil would blow the ball up more consistently?

#2205 7 years ago

When I had mine, I had to ensure the ball was centered in the cup that is attached to the rod. If the ball is not sitting in the center of the cup, it will rattlle the sides of the wireform and lose energy. Mine operated at 100% after that.

Quoted from Billy16:

Has anyone experimented with using a stronger coil at the rear VUK? I've rebuilt and adjusted it, but it still won't kick up on the first kick most times. Maybe a stronger coil would blow the ball up more consistently?

#2206 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Has anyone experimented with using a stronger coil at the rear VUK?

My issue with the VUK was the cup itself the pin wasn't all the way through .. Sending the ball on angle when kicked up ... Pushed pin and centred cup no more issues

#2207 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep adjusting and see if I can't get this mo bettah. If I recall my cup is pretty wobbly--and this was after rebuilding it with a new kit.

#2208 7 years ago

When i got mine I noticed the bracket that holds the vuk was installed wrong from the factory and the ball was hitting the PF.
The screws were 2/3mm away original dimples.

#2209 7 years ago

Good catch, my vuk assembly also looks like it could move a little for better alignment. Sooner or later I'll get motivated to remove all the stuff in the way and move it over, as no amount of adjustment (from what little amount is available without physically moving the vuk assembly) seems to help.

1 week later
#2210 7 years ago

Summer's gone and the snows begun here! With the lack of time my summers job of restoring the cabinet has been delayed till next year ... However I had no latch on my ball shooter assembley so a new job for the fall has begun ....

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#2211 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Also, does anyone here have a Pinsound board in their TFTC?
Just curious if anyone has experimented with it or has any footage of the board in use.

Yes, I have one in my machine, along with a speaker upgrade.

It sounds amazing, but the original samples used for the voice really let it down. I did approach the agent of John Kassir to see if it would be possible to get the crypt keeper voice reworked, it would have been possible but it would have cost $10k plus commission and recording fees. So I didn't take the idea further.

I really like the heavy rock feel but it's a shame it's not instrumental. I did track down the album it was all taken from but couldn't find instrumental versions and didn't get as far as experimenting with my own choices. But it looks pretty easy to do.

Cheers

Cris

#2212 7 years ago

This game RULES. Extremely addicting pin and great show

#2213 7 years ago

Can anyone lead me to a source for the new CHADH from already burned. I dont own an burner.
Thanks
J

#2214 7 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

Can anyone lead me to a source

John wart ... That pinball place

#2215 7 years ago

Don't forget to donate on ChadH's website--he deserves our support for all the work he did on this new code.

#2216 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Don't forget to donate on ChadH's website--he deserves our support for all the work he did on this new code.

Good point!

#2217 7 years ago

After years of being annoyed that I had a door handle but no latch as a shooter mech , finally resolved the issue!
The first photo is the shooter mech replaced. The second of the fix . The last photo is how the machine came ...

#2218 7 years ago

Hmmm, I'm guessing one counts from bottom to top? Or is the fix the orange button (which I kinda like)...

#2219 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Hmmm, I'm guessing one counts from bottom to top? Or is the fix the orange button (which I kinda like)..

My bad ... Reversed order , if you want pm me the buttons yours!

#2220 7 years ago

Yeah I was looking at the order too and like "why the flip would you change that to a button?"

As our friend the Crypt Keeper would say "Glad you've restored it to its original GORY!"

#2221 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

My bad ... Reversed order , if you want pm me the buttons yours!

Thanks!--but my original is still intact. I did like that fix...

2 weeks later
#2222 7 years ago

Scgore another member for the fang club!
I have to say I am super excited to be a part of this forum and group! Since I was young, I always wanted a solid state machine. One of my first memories of pinball was playing Adam's Family at the local video store and hitting a multiball. Before my chopping spree started, I researched all of the most underrated pins so I could pick something up that would be fun at a reasonable price. TFTC popped up which began my journey.This is my first pin and I have to say its been an adventure so far.
I picked up my TFTC in September 2016 from another pinsider in Canada, which came from another pinsider before that. From my research this pin was literally brought back the dead and has seen some stuff in its day.
I wanted to take some super professional photos but never got around to it. So - alas I decided to snap a few last night so showcase "the process" and the disorganized chaos that I am kind of enjoying right now =)
The good:
-has Chad's rom
-no batteries
-great powder coating, unique style
-I love the game and I am super impressed. Now I have to convince the wife to get a second machine ( she said if I sell my motorcycle I can get another one )
-no major issues/problems
-tonnes of fun to play:
-clear coated play field (not sure if this is common)
-fun project, guests love the machine!
The not so good:
-the vertical up kicker on the back right scoop/hole has some problem sensing that the ball is there. Probably about 50% of the time. I need to play with the switch a bit but the work around is a little wiggle of the machine and it kicks it up almost every time.
-the pop bumpers seem a little weak and don't fire as often as I think they should.
-one or two LED's are no longer working.
-The double sided tape on the cliffy seemed to have loosened causing it to stick up. (see pic). I didn't think much of at the time. It caused the shots to be a bit more difficult but didn't notice too much. I ordered a new Cliffy from Cliff himself. I have to say he was awesome to communicate with and a great member on this community. I have been prepping the playfield for that, the crypt hole seems to have undergone some type of repair (See pic) If you are still reading, any ideas what was used on it?
-With the original cliffy, I believe the balls hitting the lip, the balls have quite a few nicks and scratches.
-After about a month using the machine, when the lights were on I started to notice some scratches/lines in the playfield. This is when I started the whole effort to disassemble the playfield and start some novus work. I quickly realized that the scratch problem was pretty bad after wiping with novus 1 seemed to reveal more scratches. (See pics). I have been hand polishing with various amounts of novus 2 and 3 with little results. The magic eraser and ISP alcohol took a good number on the scratches but I feel like it is too abrasive. I have read up a lot on this and I have since purchased a drill polishing kit and I plan to polish the heck out of it with Novus 2. I snapped some photos of the fine scratches. These are not normal scratches right? I have only had the machine for 2 months. Although I think its had a lot of plays (I'll check the diagnostics once its back together). I am pretty confident I can get the playfield to an acceptable level and then follow up with a good waxing.
If you have any opinions or recommendation on what you have seen, I would be happy to get some advice from some veterans. Also if you have any extra TFTC parts/accessories you are willing to ship to Canada for the right price, let me know

2016-11-21_00-14-18_104 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-14-18_104 (resized).jpeg2016-11-17_22-20-09_960 (resized).jpeg2016-11-17_22-20-09_960 (resized).jpeg2016-11-17_22-20-28_835 (resized).jpeg2016-11-17_22-20-28_835 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-15_340 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-15_340 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-19_370 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-19_370 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-32_350 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-32_350 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-46_567 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-46_567 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-56_799 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-56_799 (resized).jpeg

Added over 7 years ago: Just wanted to provide a quick update on some of the fixes:

-Fixed right super vuk with silicon lube as the plastic ball holder was sticking.
-Cleaned pop bumper switch with business card and alcohol. Work better now but could use new ones
-The area under the cliffy isn't level so the new cliffy I got is doing the same thing. Took it off and I'm using vinyl adhesive and gorilla tape to protect.
-Playfield Scratches resolves with buying a drill buffer and buffing with Novus 2, followed by Meguiars Scratch X 2.0. 2 coats of Wax

Machine plays great now!

#2223 7 years ago

My vertical up kick cherry switch has been hit and miss ... Pulled it out and it's a DA3... Looking it up its a Capcom switch . Ok to use a DB3 it the up kicker back right of playfield

#2224 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

My vertical up kick cherry switch has been hit and miss ... Pulled it out and it's a DA3... Looking it up its a Capcom switch . Ok to use a DB3 it the up kicker back right of playfield

Thanks for the detail, I haven't adventured to the very back of the underside of the playfield yet. If you want to get the PFto stand up as high as it will go, what angle should I expect it to be in relation to the box/guide rails? Should the PF stand up almost 90 degrees near the back of the PF, or is it more of a 110 angle with the back closer to the front?

#2225 7 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

If you want to get the PFto stand up as high as it will go, what angle should I expect

Full up ... The back right corner is the switch number I'm after , was a assuming a DB3 would work
Thanks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2226 7 years ago

To what part of my board and PPb does the shaker motor plug in to?
Stopped working!

#2227 7 years ago

These are available now at mezelmods. 3D printed by Joe Zenkus. Painted by Modfather. Can be used on any title.

TFTC Square (resized).jpgTFTC Square (resized).jpg

#2228 7 years ago

Hey guys just picked up a tftc and put leds in it. Came out a bit shit. A year suggestions or good examples?

20161206_125430 (resized).jpg20161206_125430 (resized).jpg

#2229 7 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Hey guys just picked up a tftc and put leds in it. Came out a bit shit. A year suggestions or good examples?

Color DMD?

#2230 7 years ago

Hey guys just picked up a tftc and put leds in it.

Just keep experimenting till you get something you like... or keep the existing purple and green color scheme and rebrand as TFTCV or "Tales from the Cirqus Voltaire"

#2231 7 years ago

Getting closer. Got some stuff on order to dial in

20161207_123105 (resized).jpg20161207_123105 (resized).jpg

#2232 7 years ago

Anyone have a remedy or similar problem with getting tales to have a 6 degree pitch withave 28 inch legs? Max stroke I'm barely 6 degrees

#2233 7 years ago

Has anyone changed out their flipper coils to a higher power for their TFTC? I feel like I need more cow bell for getting the ball to clear both the left and right ramps consistently. If I have the ball in a cradle on right flipper and try to clear the left ramp it does not have enough momentum to get to the top. I have tried rebuilding the flippers, increased the coil power in additional settings, and played around with the leaf switches. I even tried to lower the pitch of the playfield and it did not help much. I need more juice any suggestions?

#2234 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

increased the coil power in additional settings

I never even noticed that option until you mentioned it. Mine was in the middle, just increased the coil pulse strength to hard and now the ball sails up and around the left ramp no problem for me. Thanks for the tip, because I was struggling to make that shot too often. My flippers aren't rebuilt and the coils are original, but prior to adjusting that setting, I think I just tried to lower the ramp a little where it mounts in the rear of the machine. I keep it super clean and waxed and replace the balls often. Not sure what my pitch is, but it's not super steep.

#2235 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Has anyone changed out their flipper coils to a higher power for their TFTC? I feel like I need more cow bell for getting the ball to clear both the left and right ramps consistently. If I have the ball in a cradle on right flipper and try to clear the left ramp it does not have enough momentum to get to the top. I have tried rebuilding the flippers, increased the coil power in additional settings, and played around with the leaf switches. I even tried to lower the pitch of the playfield and it did not help much. I need more juice any suggestions?

Might sound silly but try super bands. Seems to give it more grip and push consistentlyrics. Also make sure your gates aren't on a bind slowing the ball down

#2236 7 years ago

Anyone know where to get green coin door quater release buttons?

#2237 7 years ago

Anyone know where to get green coin door quater release buttons?

Pinball Life has some for "most Stern coindoors." Not sure if these would work for the older DE doors, or not.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3322

Screenshot_20161210-135823 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20161210-135823 (resized).jpg

#2238 7 years ago

Bloody option?

20161210_133955 (resized).jpg20161210_133955 (resized).jpg

#2239 7 years ago

Back box lock question. I need to replace a backbox lock on TFTC. So my manual says its part number 355-5008-00. When I look on marcos site it looks more like a coin door lock to me. On marco's site it shows this http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5860-KIT which says it works for data east. Does anyone know if this is the correct part? Or is it indeed the 355-5008-00 part number?

#2240 7 years ago

Hey everyone, so I have been having the no pay'm no game reset error for the last couple of days. I tried the basic stuff in the past threads (re seating and straightening the ribbon cables, reseating other plugs). But its still happening.
What are the next steps to troubleshoot/test this further?
Also (see pics)
- Soundboard -should the w6 jumper/connected be hooked up? I noticed it wasnt connected and I dont see any solder. What is your machine like
-same question for w5 (see pic)
-on the main board, between two chips it looks like there was some type of burn. Can you help me with that? Any idea what that is.
Also, I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff but I'm learning as i go
Finally... PSA - don't leave your pin unattended with nosey cats. I left the coin door open for literally 30 seconds and I had an unexpected visitor!
IMG_5595 (resized).JPGIMG_5595 (resized).JPG
IMG_5596 (resized).JPGIMG_5596 (resized).JPG
IMG_5597 (resized).JPGIMG_5597 (resized).JPG
IMG_5576 (resized).JPGIMG_5576 (resized).JPG
IMG_5593 (resized).JPGIMG_5593 (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: NO pay'm no game reset error was resolved by re-seating all of the power cables on the power supply board. I ordered new cables but haven't had the need to replace them.

The proper wiring for the game is jumpers 1-4-7.

The picture of the fried board is likely a not-so-great trace repair. It's not affecting the game as far as I can tell.

#2241 7 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Back box lock question. I need to replace a backbox lock on TFTC. So my manual says its part number 355-5008-00. When I look on marcos site it looks more like a coin door lock to me. On marco's site it shows this http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5860-KIT which says it works for data east. Does anyone know if this is the correct part? Or is it indeed the 355-5008-00 part number?

Hi Brad,

It looks like the correct back box lock to me. Below is a photo of TFTC back box lock in my game for your reference.

Gord

P1000379 (resized).JPGP1000379 (resized).JPG

#2242 7 years ago

Just making sure everyone has seen this http://www.backalleycreations.com/tales%20from%20the%20crypt%20mods.html

I think there are many folks out there that have been waiting for this!

#2243 7 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I think there are many folks out there that have been waiting

What would be the difference between the hollow and solid? My hollow seems fine ....

#2244 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

What would be the difference between the hollow and solid? My hollow seems fine ....

Less likely to break, like sooo many have.

#2245 7 years ago

How do you break that part in a home environment?

Is alcohol involved?

#2246 7 years ago

The original is cast pot metal and that stuff breaks easily. The headlight buckets/ fender extensions and the real quarter panel extensions of my 70 Mustang are the same crap.

1 week later
#2247 7 years ago

Anyone know where to buy the 4.0 rom for tftc

20161212_205243 (resized).jpg20161212_205243 (resized).jpg

20161210_132242 (resized).jpg20161210_132242 (resized).jpg

#2248 7 years ago

See: post 2214 and 2215 in this thread.

#2249 7 years ago

Anyone know where to buy the 4.0 rom for tftc

John Wart ... That pinball place!
Nice job on the DMD... Looks great!

#2250 7 years ago

Did my own. Light scoop mod

20161223_105321 (resized).jpg20161223_105321 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.