image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 101.
#2151 7 years ago

I just joined the club this week! TFTC is the 1st Data East machine I've ever played, let alone own. After tracking down a diode that came loose for the ball launch light, I've got one more concern I'm trying to correct. It's kind of weird, 99.9% of the time the flippers work great. They are very strong and snappy. However once and a while the left flipper goes sluggish. It moves slowly with not enough force to send the ball up the playfield. This condition lasts 60-90 seconds and then the flipper strength returns to normal. Any diagnostic advise would be appreciated!

Thanks!

#2152 7 years ago

Fold up a dollar bill and run it back and forth under the flipper a few times (no this is not a joke it might just be gummed up with dust and the fiber in the bill will pick it up)!

#2153 7 years ago

New translight installed , although not John's fault after Canada Post shipped it to Japan ( going on strike ... Go figure!) installed and looking spectacular !

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2154 7 years ago

Are these T-Lites available somewhere?

#2155 7 years ago

Ive experienced the same issue as Tonylo has curious if anybody else has had this issue with Flipper going weak temporary.

#2156 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Are these T-Lites available somewhere?

Pm me and I will forward his email address ....

2 weeks later
#2157 7 years ago

Does anyone happen to know what size hex spacer is supposed to hold up the guillotine plastic above the drops?

That plastic was missing when I bought the game and I just got a new set off Marco.

The one hex spacer still in place there doesn't seem high enough to allow the new plastic to sit above the pop bumper behind it when I try to screw it onto each spacer.

Here's a pic I found on the web to clarify which spacer I mean.

Thanks!

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2158 7 years ago

Mine is roughly 3/4", give or take a 1/16. I bought the standoffs that were close to this and used the one that fit best.

#2159 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Fold up a dollar bill and run it back and forth under the flipper a few times (no this is not a joke it might just be gummed up with dust and the fiber in the bill will pick it up)!

Many thanks for this forum and these posts! I just recently joined pinside - what a great community! (yes...I am a noob so bear with me) Just recently bought a TFTC. It has intermittent "sticky" bottom flippers on both sides. Seems to not be electrical as flippers stay up even when machine is off? Will have to try this tonight to see if it helps!

#2160 7 years ago
Quoted from Zombreebot:

Many thanks for this forum and these posts! I just recently joined pinside - what a great community! (yes...I am a noob so bear with me) Just recently bought a TFTC. It has intermittent "sticky" bottom flippers on both sides. Seems to not be electrical as flippers stay up even when machine is off? Will have to try this tonight to see if it helps!

Could be the coil stops are "mushroomed" or broken, replace the coil sleeves too...

And Welcome!

#2161 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Mine is roughly 3/4", give or take a 1/16. I bought the standoffs that were close to this and used the one that fit best.

Thanks man! I'm going to give that size a try.

#2162 7 years ago

Would anyone happen to have a spare eyeball target? Looking for part number #515-5935-00. Picture is attached for reference.

Please pm me if you do!

Thank you!

large_(resized).jpglarge_(resized).jpg

#2163 7 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

eyeball target? Looking for part number #515-5935-00. Picture is attached for

These are available from Bay Area Amusement... If not let me know I have7 spare ones

#2164 7 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

Would anyone happen to have a spare eyeball target? Looking for part number #515-5935-00. Picture is attached for reference.
Please pm me if you do!
Thank you!

You can also get these eyeball targets on EBAY.

Gord

ebay.com link: Data East Tales From The Crypt 1993 Original Pinball Machine NOS Eyeball Target

#2165 7 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Could be the coil stops are "mushroomed" or broken, replace the coil sleeves too...
And Welcome!

Fixed! I tried the dollar bill and it picked up quite a bit from under the flipper but it still wouldn't go on its own. Took a look inside the coin door again and this time noticed a spring dangling down. Looks like over the years the spring had worked its way through the little metal piece it is housed in to work the flipper. Used a JB Weld metal stick to repair the tear in that metal housing for now (hope that using it there is ok?) until I can get a replacement part. Thanks all!

2 weeks later
#2166 7 years ago

Incase anyone is looking, there is an eBay listing (not me) for a TFTC door handle and head. It doesn't appear to have the "tongue" level, but I know that many people would LOVE to get their hands on even just that handle. I would have grabbed it for backup, but I figured since I have a good one on my machine, that I would step aside and let someone who is missing the handle, altogether, grab it.
I do wish somebody who knows something about digital 3D printing/scanning would grab one and scan it on so that in the future, people could opt for a plastic printed version, since the handle is so hard to come by.

#2167 7 years ago

Purchased the LED DMD for my TFTC .. Install took minutes and looks very slick!

#2169 7 years ago

.com

Quoted from Sonic:Got a link for the DMD

wwwcolordmd.com

This is the new LED DMD if you chose the LCD DMD you will have to modify your speaker panel as I did in my Jurassic Park

#2170 7 years ago

I was thinking of getting that - wasn't sure if that was the Xpin version or ColorDMD's.....looks great and by the looks of things I'd imagine Tales is soon to come for colorization...so pick up the DMD now I guess and wait for the ROM....

#2171 7 years ago

Assuming this comes with a power cord could this be plugged directly in to the power supply box just inside the coin door to the right there's a little plug-in spot wasn't sure if this could be done with the game powered on and able to play the pin as well. Any thoughts might be a cheap topper possibility

s-b200x150_(resized).jpgs-b200x150_(resized).jpg

#2172 7 years ago

Neat, but I don't think you would be able to see the book he's reading if you used it as a topper.

#2173 7 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Assuming this comes with a power cord

It does come with a power cord ... Have the same toy .. His head is in the spiral of the ramp and I'm going to put the arm holding candle on the left side and the right arm on the ramp .....I have just started this mod .... You can connect to the power inside the coin door....

#2174 7 years ago

Those interested in the color DMD please order the power tap which attaches to C16 on the power board... Easier to connect the plug to supply the DMD power from this unit!

#2175 7 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Assuming this comes with a power cord could this be plugged directly in to the power supply box just inside the coin door to the right there's a little plug-in spot wasn't sure if this could be done with the game powered on and able to play the pin as well. Any thoughts might be a cheap topper possibility

Do you mean the service outlet? That has 110 power as long as the game is plugged in. You will have to turn it on and off seperatly from the game.

#2176 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do you mean the service outlet? That has 110 power as long as the game is plugged in. You will have to turn it on and off seperatly from

Mine has a 110 plug for accessories... As well as the plug in ...that's why I use the the DK DE power tap, it's an easy install with separate fuses for protection! They are available from Mezelmods! Would order one soon before they exist no more!
The picture attached shows the 2 prong 110 power plug that functions with the game

#2177 7 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Assuming this comes with a power cord could this be plugged directly

Here is a photo of the head mounted in, LED lights are inside the head attached to the GI wiring the 2 arms still to be installed

#2178 7 years ago

Last post regarding power! I also borrowed power from the printer connector to drive the LED flipper buttons !
Regards to all
Rob

#2179 7 years ago

Thanks guys for the information on the topper shown above so it sounds like it will work but I will just have to plug and unplug the power to the topper because it will always have power going to it whether the game is on or off that does help a lot thanks. Or seek other options for stealing power from other parts. Or just plug into the wall!

Lastly. I agree you wont see the book so i was going to prop it up with something under the higher arm so it can be seen! Thanks guys u r the best.

#2180 7 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

I will just have to plug and unplug

Cut the plug join to the 2 prong power plug ( shown in posts above) then your Keeper will come on/off when you power up/down

#2181 7 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. Noticed when I picked it up that mine is the version with green inserts in the backbox. My ceiling is too low for the topper, but I was wondering if anyone ever figured out how the lights/flashers were originally supposed to be wired up?

1 week later
#2182 7 years ago

hi im about to join the club can i ask for some advise on the machine im getting,what you think of it ect,the machine seems in good condition one thing that i noticed its that the lights on top of the ramps are missing along with the entry gate it does register when you hit the ramps without the gates?

#2183 7 years ago

So, how tftc two weeks and honestly just do not seem to be getting it.

The new code was a massive improvement, but all in all the modes seem pretty simple. Shoot lit orbit to qualify mode. Mode seems to consist of either hitting a single shot as many times as possible or x number of times. Am I missing some deeper strategy? I'd love to be able to stack fast goring with a multiball or mode, but the timer appears to run while waiting for the mode to start which blows through much of it.

#2184 7 years ago

Wires for the lights might be tucked away under playfield (I stuffed my skill shot one underneath since it was distracting). I think you can get both gates from Cliffy's

http://www.passionforpinball.com/tftc.htm

I'd hit the flippers 20-30 times before buying to make sure all 3 are firing well... Everything else you can trigger manually (with the glass off) before buying.

Rumor has it ColorDMD is coming (if not this year then next) so with that and the 4.0 code an already good game will get even better!

#2185 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

So, how tftc two weeks and honestly just do not seem to be getting it.
The new code was a massive improvement, but all in all the modes seem pretty simple. Shoot lit orbit to qualify mode. Mode seems to consist of either hitting a single shot as many times as possible or x number of times. Am I missing some deeper strategy? I'd love to be able to stack fast goring with a multiball or mode, but the timer appears to run while waiting for the mode to start which blows through much of it.

I guess the strategy is racking up points by going for multi-ball as much as possible, or trying to complete all the modes to get to crypt jam. CJ may be one of the hardest wizard modes ever--very difficult to get to it. Chad did a super job on the new code, the modes are much more fun now.

#2186 7 years ago

For big scoring, I go for crypt jam for the most part because I like to complete all the modes and get big multi ball points.

Multi ball does have better scoring rewards so you could theoretically beat the high score just going for that but if you get to crypt jam, you can just keep hitting the spinners to rack up big points while everything else falls into place. Plus multi ball tends to just happen rather easy on its own with out having to go for it specifically. So by all means, take advantage of multi ball and try to get more than one monster jackpot, preferably with as many balls on the table as possible for bigger points, even if it takes more than one multi ball.

Also pay attention to the outlane mystery door prize & pop chops, they're another good way to rack up big points. On any of the other modes, like mystery goring and etc, again, go for spinners or pop bumpers.

Source: Current holder of the Pinside high score for TFTC

#2187 7 years ago

Hey all, this is my first time posting in this thread. I run an craft beer arcade bar in Tampa, and I have a TFTC machine. It was the second pin I owned (back before the bar opened), and it's my favorite. I've put some work into maintaining her, and she still plays really well.

Recently, the DMD started to flicker. After diagnosing it with a knowledgeable member, we decided it needed to have a kit replacement for the high voltage PCB. I replaced all the parts, and now the DMD is very bright and nice.

However, the problem is that after being on for about 30 seconds you can smell ozone pretty strongly. I've kept it off to try and figure out what's happening. I'm going to go over it again and resolder some points, but I was wondering if anyone had an idea on this. Is this typical for a cap kit like this, and will it fade after a few minutes? I don't want to keep it on long unless I know for certain since I don't want to damage the board.

Thanks in advance.

#2188 7 years ago

Update on the above, my -96v line out on the high voltage PSU board is showing -2v. Any ideas what is causing this?

#2189 7 years ago

Can you snap a pic of where you did the work...I assume it's the PS board in the upper left hand corner right?

#2190 7 years ago

double post

#2191 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Rumor has it ColorDMD is coming (if not this year then next

Bring it on Color DMD ....

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2192 7 years ago

That Color DMD is sweet.

For mine, I ended up buying a Rottendog High Voltage PS board, and it works great.

Link: http://littleshopofgames.com/product/data-east-dmd-power-supply-dps004/

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from lowryparcade:

That Color DMD is sweet.
For mine, I ended up buying a Rottendog High Voltage PS board, and it works great.
Link: http://littleshopofgames.com/product/data-east-dmd-power-supply-dps004/

That's why I asked for a pic of your power supply board (you didn't reply) - I was going to recommend you not get the R.D. and get the superior Xpin PS board....but too late....http://xpinpinball.com/product/xp-de5047/

#2194 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

New translight installed , although not John's fault after Canada Post shipped it to Japan ( going on strike ... Go figure!) installed and looking spectacular !

Its that with color leds?

#2195 7 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Its that with color leds?

I tend to use colour LEDs to match all inserts and backboard in my games... However where the colour "bleeds" I use white(NW&WW)

#2196 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I tend to use colour LEDs to match all inserts and backboard in my games... However where the colour "bleeds" I use white(NW&WW)

oh thanks

i just joined the club *noob question alert* i cant change the lenguage its on spanish i want it in english,also i changed the user message on the screen and i want it the way it was and theres a way to set teh clock on it?

thank you guys

#2197 7 years ago

Installed the Comet fire bulbs behind the candles in the back glass , nice effect!

#2198 7 years ago

Hi guys, these 3 little guys are looking for a new home, they are in perfect shape. $40 with FREE shipping in the lower 48. PM me if your interested. Price is firm. As a gift I'll throw in 4 of my exclusive super tough clear leg bolt washers, I also include these washers with my LED Leg Light-Up kits.

Thanks,

Paul

IMGA0700[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0700[1] (resized).JPG

#2199 7 years ago

my prayers have been answered

PM sent!

#2200 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

my prayers have been answered
PM sent!

Yup I heard them that's why I posted them. Got your pm and answered it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.