image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 101.
#1751 8 years ago

Look what it could "sound" with a new mix with the pinsound board

Just starting to try the new code

#1752 8 years ago
Quoted from julien42:

Look what it could "sound" with a new mix with the pinsound board
Just starting to try the new code

Sounds great! Now all we need is a Color DMD!

Btw... notice at 1:55... when he finishes spelling CRPYT. You can see the video of the tombstone doing its final sinking into the ground with the clouds going past. That was previously never played in the old code. It used to just cut right to the "Come on into the crypt" with the M-BALL READY video of the Crypt Keeper.

#1753 8 years ago

Wow, I never noticed that! Did you mention it in your change log? What sound plays during this animation?

#1754 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Wow, I never noticed that! Did you mention it in your change log? What sound plays during this animation?

It's mentioned in the Miscellaneous section of the change log... "Fixed bug where the final CRYPT lowering video when collecting “T” would not play."

It plays the same sound when you hit it for the other letters... the sliding stone sound with the quick arpeggiated tune.

#1755 8 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Thanks GoatDan. Based upon what you said, I just went down and checked mine again. I think I just discovered how this actually works now.
If you start the "Living Dead" mode then it resets. If you want to start Chainsaw Mode you need to make 10 Left Ramp shots without starting the "Living Dead" Mode. If you want to start "Grave Digger then you need to make 15 Left Ramp shots before making a Right Ramp shot. If you want to make the final "Play the Organ" mode then you need to make 20 Left Ramp shots before making a Right Ramp shot.
Got it now. That's gonna be tough to make it to "Play the Organ".
Love this new code.

It is harder to get to the higher Fast Goring modes... but the reward is increased significantly. Risk vs. Reward.

Btw, you can make it to Play The Organ with 15 Left Ramp shots... just don't collect it with the Right Ramp until you do this on a single ball.

#1756 8 years ago

4.0 installed!
image1.JPGimage1.JPG

I just installed it tonight so haven't had a chance to see many features. First thing I noticed (though didn't find it in the docs so hope I'm correct that it's new) was the Crypt Jam flasher going off on a ramp shot. Very nice & subtle indicator on a rarely used flasher .

Huge thanks to Chad of course. If you're using this code, remember to donate something to the cause on his PayPal link. http://www.pinballcode.com/

Great thanks to John Wart (johnwartjr) for the ROMs. Perfect, fast and overly affordable service. I wouldn't have the update without him.

#1757 8 years ago

Hey Chad, I haven't installed yet but I just donated.

#1758 8 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Thanks GoatDan. Based upon what you said, I just went down and checked mine again. I think I just discovered how this actually works now.
If you start the "Living Dead" mode then it resets. If you want to start Chainsaw Mode you need to make 10 Left Ramp shots without starting the "Living Dead" Mode. If you want to start "Grave Digger then you need to make 15 Left Ramp shots before making a Right Ramp shot. If you want to make the final "Play the Organ" mode then you need to make 20 Left Ramp shots before making a Right Ramp shot.
Got it now. That's gonna be tough to make it to "Play the Organ".
Love this new code.

Mostly correct. The first Fast Goring mode is actually lit to begin with, so you need 15 shots to get to Play the Organ if I recall correctly. If you start that mode however, you need 20 to get it.

The idea for this was to make the game have a risk / reward on when you try starting the right ramp. Points are WAY bigger on the right ramp if you can start Play the Organ first - I forget how big we made the score, but I feel like it might be 2M / hit, because yeah - you need to keep the ball in play and not drain or accidentally hit the ramp.

I think, although obviously I'm biased, that it is a much more fun thing to do with those ramps that were otherwise basically pointless and not fun. Before, by the way, it was I think 8 shots to the left ramp before it would advance the mode (*maybe* 9), so it was either 24 or 32 shots during the game to get there. Crazy, no matter what.

The ramp rules were always a negative about the game for me, and I think that you could now play with a ramp strategy and have a decent game. I like games where multiple strategies can net big points

#1759 8 years ago

New to Crypt ownership - so excuse the basic question - but what's the background on the black or blue cabinets - I've seen both - wasn't sure if one was proto/rare - the other production or what...couldn't find anything on RGP or here about it.....thanks!

#1760 8 years ago

Just played the new Skull Crackin' mode and like the direction you went with in making it a hybrid 2-ball mode. For anyone unfamiliar when you start the mode you now get two balls up front, but it's not 2-ball play in the traditional sense of the word. Meaning if you drain one ball the mode will continue and you still have the chance to hit the captive ball within the time limit and add a ball, bringing you back to two ball, three ball, etc. However, if you manage to hit the captive ball at all, then the mode rules change. Now the timer is stopped and if you drain and are left with one, the mode will end. In a nutshell the mode turns into a proper multiball mode with no timer if you make the shot. Very creative!

#1761 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Just played the new Skull Crackin' mode and like the direction you went with in making it a hybrid 2-ball mode. For anyone unfamiliar when you start the mode you now get two balls up front, but it's not 2-ball play in the traditional sense of the word. Meaning if you drain one ball the mode will continue and you still have the chance to hit the captive ball within the time limit and add a ball, bringing you back to two ball, three ball, etc. However, if you manage to hit the captive ball at all, then the mode rules change. Now the timer is stopped and if you drain and are left with one, the mode will end. In a nutshell the mode turns into a proper multiball mode with no timer if you make the shot. Very creative!

That one was me I think, so thanks That came about because in both this and Super Mosquito (on JP) drive me nuts because you can start them - and it's not easy to start them - and still manage to not start the multiball. With the captive ball shots on both machines being so difficult, it was silly to not go into it.

This saves the spirit of the modes, but doesn't force you to have to then make dangerous shots that might potentially drain your ball as a "reward" for getting the mode... at least not right away

#1762 8 years ago

Got mine installed today and digging it. Thanks Chad.

#1763 8 years ago

Really digging this new code. I really like the scoring balance. The modes are worth going for and I love the risk/reward of the ramps now. You really have to work the modes to get a high score and not just bat the ball around.

This game was fun before but it has moved up a level now. The usage of the quotes seems more balanced, more varied and less repetitive. To me it is as if the TV show theme is even more integrated with the game.

Very well done Chad. Haven't come across a single thing that I would want changed at this point.

#1764 8 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Really digging this new code. I really like the scoring balance. The modes are worth going for and I love the risk/reward of the ramps now. You really have to work to get a high score now.

Whoo-hoo! Goal accomplished! I particularly enjoy that you like the ramps, we spent a LOT of time going back and forth with ideas on that...

#1765 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Just played the new Skull Crackin' mode and like the direction you went with in making it a hybrid 2-ball mode.

I'm loving all this feedback!

I particularly like how the new Super Keeper Targets mode turned out. We essentially "flipped" the rules on it by making it so the eyeball targets start at a higher value and decrease with each hit. This gives the player the incentive to try to hit all the targets instead of not caring and just bashing the same ones (or random ones) over and over. Also, you get a nice 25 Million bonus if you can hit them all! I like that this opens up all these shots and makes the player actually think about which one to hit. I know it's tough to hit them all... especially the lowest one on each side... but the reward is there waiting for you. Oh... also, all the targets flash during this mode and then go solid when you hit them so you can easily keep track of which ones you need to hit to try for that 25 Million bonus.

#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I particularly like how the new Super Keeper Targets mode turned out.

The combination of what we did with the Super Keeper Targets, captive ball multi-ball rules and the new ramp rules made this game go from a "I'll sell it later when I'm done helping rewrite the code" thing to a "Gotta keep it, it's awesome."

I need to talk to you about what's next... Man do I need more time in my life!!

#1767 8 years ago

I already brought up Hook as a suggestion and I think he's still trying to find one. There's so much that can be improved upon in that game. It's so shallow and unbalanced and because of that it gets a bad rap, but it's a great shooter's game!

#1768 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I already brought up Hook as a suggestion and I think he's still trying to find one. There's so much that can be improved upon in that game. It's so shallow and unbalanced and because of that it gets a bad rap, but it's a great shooter's game!

Yeah, but then I need one too. Wanna give me one or loan me one?

Hook is a good suggestion though, I give you that. Probably my third least favorite DE code right now...

#1769 8 years ago

Shouldn't be hard to find one cheap I wouldn't think. It doesn't have a lot of staying power.

#1770 8 years ago

Tis probably true, although I'd rather not be spending any more money on pinball until I get a house, so... who wants to loan me one?

#1771 8 years ago

I'm sure DreamTR of Nashville could sell his. Not sure how far he is willing to ship though.

#1772 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Whoo-hoo! Goal accomplished! I particularly enjoy that you like the ramps, we spent a LOT of time going back and forth with ideas on that...

Yes, I wasn't sure how much I was going to like it that way but I played games the last few days where I really focused on lighting "Play the Organ" and it was intense.

#1773 8 years ago

OK I said I would reserve my judgement until I had more time with the game. I was able to get another 20+ games on it, made it to crypt jam, and got to explore the new changes a bit more. My initial impressions were right, the new code is awesome. I love how much more complete the game is when all modes are worth playing and fine tuned. The call-outs are much better matched with the game now and the extras are a nice bonus too.

Skull-crackin mode is really well done, it makes so much more sense. I have to say that keeper target mode, thunderstorm mode and skull crackin are vastly improved overall. In the old code I would avoid playing thunderstorm basically by ignoring it when it was running and just continue on lighting creature features. It just simply wasn't worth the risk. Now when you light creature features via the spinner all the sudden your prize for hitting the ramp increases and makes it that much more temping to shoot for. Even if you want to bypass it greed sucks you in and makes you go for that jackpot, genious! I do still find myself avoiding the psycho pops and frightmare mode for some reason. Not sure if it's just out of habbit and it may change over time. The rest of the modes are now perfect in my eyes. All worth playing point wise, all fun, and all challenging.

As for the ramps it definitely took a few games to get used to the changes. I was so used to immediately shooting for the right ramp at the start of electric chair and skull crackin modes to get frenzies running. After I got the hang of them I can appreciate the changes that were made. The new ramp rules keep the spirit of the old rules but make them more balanced and even for the shots.

All the bug fixes are a no brainer huge improvement (think multiball).

Now since you asked for feedback then I'm assuming you want both sides and I wouldn't feel I was doing my job if I didn't add at least a couple of things which could still be improved. If there is ever a version 5.0 (please don't take this as me complaining...just a big IF) then there are still two things which would be awesome. The first one is the shoot again light flashing while the ball save is on. It's always been a big secret whether or not the ball freeze is on and you can't really "play the ball save". I know this was mentioned before the release of 4.0 so it may not be possible or it may have simply been overlooked. The other is the skill shot. I know it's been changed a bit and it's definitely better but it still isn't exciting or really that good compared to other games. It's always been a weak aspect of this game. I do have an idea though, not sure how good it is but I came up with it while playing tonight. Ball pops into the shooter lane, you launch it and most likely hit one target down and the ball falls down towards the flippers (up until now no points are scored), now the other two remaining targets alternate flashing and you have to hit the lit one down using the flippers. If on the launch you hit two targets down then there is just one flashing target to knock down with the flipper (ie making it easier).If the launch doesn't knock any down then there are 3 alternating (making it harder - basically just how it is now). Now obviously it couldn't register the first switch closure because the ball could roll through the inline after the launch so it would need something like after knocking down the launch target: knocking down the lit drop target within the first drop target hit or first 3 "other" switch hits scores a skill shot. A super skillshot could even be added by doing an orbit followed by knocking the lit target down. There may be flaws in my logic I just thought of it a few minutes ago and thought I'd share. I also have literally no clue about how hard stuff like that is to change.

Really appreciate all the effort you guys have put into this.

#1774 8 years ago

I just put my roms in and my dmd keeps freezing?
My friend said it could be the rom burner he used.
Anyone else have any issues?
I got to play skull crackin a bit before it froze, way better!.
Heard a few new call outs.
I'll get it all sorted out saturday.
Thanks again

#1775 8 years ago

I'd say you have a bad ROM, no issues with freezing at all for me.

#1776 8 years ago

Went to play a game tonight, had the glass off to test some stuff with the code last time I played, and discovered my older son found my stash of old rusty balls and added 15 more to the game. Spent 15 minutes clearing them all out.

Glass back on.

My game sucked. Oh well. Bedtime!

#1777 8 years ago

Wow Chad... I'm nearly speechless, definitely blown away. You took what was already an awesome game in so many ways and amped it several more levels! I haven't even begun to absorb all the new callouts & fixes yet, but off the top of my head, the new skull crackin', new skill shot, the keeper targets - all way better! I don't recall seeing the head getting chopped off on the guillotine during super guillotine targets before on the DMD either. I have yet to come across something in the game that you haven't improved tremendously. With Halloween right around the corner and my annual TFTC Halloween Spooktacular event, your timing with the release couldn't be better either. The first of what I hope to be several donations was made today. I can't thank you enough! And I've only gotten about 5-6 games on it since the update so I'm sure I'll be back with more updates & feedback.

#1778 8 years ago

Thanks to fellow Pinsider PBFan there is now available a nicely formatted and printer friendly version of the Tales From The Crypt (and Jurassic Park) Change Log on my web site. You can find the link at the bottom of the Guide page for Tales From The Crypt.

http://www.pinballcode.com/

#1779 8 years ago

You've updated your game with the new 4.00 code and you are loving it?... then go update your rating!

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/tales-from-the-crypt/ratings

#1780 8 years ago

Good idea--bumped up the "game rules" rating to a well deserved 'excellent'! Been playing this game a lot lately--way mo bettah with the new code!

#1781 8 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

The way I understand it, and I am not 100%, is to deal with a country with different voltages. I do not think it affects the flipper coils. At least, I never noticed a change at the flippers but a big difference at the slings and VUKs.

This was posted in another thread about coil strength adjustment, it really does energize the VUK's--give it a try (set coil strength to "hard") and no more hang-ups!

#1782 8 years ago

I just bought one of goatdan's tftc (don't worry, he still has one with the new code) and need a few parts. Here's what I think I need so far:
Apron (aka SI card holder). Any DE from the era may work.
DMD / speaker holder.
Left and right ramp entrance gates and swithes (no big deal on the switch itself).
Left and right ramps, Dan says they probs just need to be spot welded, but if someone is looking to get rid of a nice spare reasonably, I'll go that way.

If anyone has any, or all, of these , lmk.

#1783 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

I just bought one of goatdan's tftc (don't worry, he still has one with the new code) and need a few parts. Here's what I think I need so far:
Apron (aka SI card holder). Any DE from the era may work.
DMD / speaker holder.
Left and right ramp entrance gates and swithes (no big deal on the switch itself).
Left and right ramps, Dan says they probs just need to be spot welded, but if someone is looking to get rid of a nice spare reasonably, I'll go that way.
If anyone has any, or all, of these , lmk.

I have a NOS apron, it has the bubble level on the left side card holder.

#1784 8 years ago

PM sent.

#1785 8 years ago

Where can I get the roms? I need someone to burn them for me? Will pinballroms burn these?

#1786 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where can I get the roms? I need someone to burn them for me? Will pinballroms burn these?

John Wart Jr. contact him here or at [email protected]

#1787 8 years ago

How can a man with 32 pins not know where to get roms?!

#1788 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have a NOS apron, it has the bubble level on the left side card holder.

TFTC needs a DE apron with the hole on the left side for the Kickback plunger. Or make a new hole.

Just a reminder.

RussM

#1789 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Quoted from urbanledge:

Because it's not listed on his site

#1790 8 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

TFTC needs a DE apron with the hole on the left side for the Kickback plunger. Or make a new hole.
Just a reminder.
RussM

That's right, mine does have the hole.

#1791 8 years ago

Hello
I would need to make some new inserts on the playfield.
Does someone here have scans of them ?

Other problem : the tongue to launch the ball is missing. Would it be possible to have a repro somewhere ?
Thank you

#1792 8 years ago

I've been enjoying the new code. Thanks again for doing this! Real quick TFTC question for everyone, what do the majority of you use for your post sleeves? I ordered a kit off of eBay and replaced all of the rubbers throughout he playfield and hate the post sleeves now when I'm trying to hit the ramps. Does anyone use the Cliffy plastic sleeves or others and have any thoughts? Shoot me a message to keep the forum on topic if you can. Thanks in advance.

#1793 8 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

I've been enjoying the new code. Thanks again for doing this! Real quick TFTC question for everyone, what do the majority of you use for your post sleeves? I ordered a kit off of eBay and replaced all of the rubbers throughout he playfield and hate the post sleeves now when I'm trying to hit the ramps. Does anyone use the Cliffy plastic sleeves or others and have any thoughts? Shoot me a message to keep the forum on topic if you can. Thanks in advance.

I had the thin colored cliffy post sleeves when I had my game. They were really easy to wipe off, very durable, shiny and I never had a problem with them.

#1794 8 years ago

Just added Marv. Looks awsome. Crazy time consuming job!!
I also added the electric chair switch just above the right ramp. It uses the actual LED. This one was easy

Great addition!
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1795 8 years ago

Where did you buy this electric chair addon ?

#1796 8 years ago

I got mine on ebay.

#1797 8 years ago

I can't see it anymore, too bad

#1799 8 years ago

Amazon.com
There's 2 models. The less expensive one has only red led Eyes and no electric chair switch.

I suggest to invest a bit more (20$ difference)

http://www.amazon.com/McFarlane-toys-City-Death-Deluxe/dp/B000U5YFFQ

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000LTZ6JU/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_21_1

#1800 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

I just bought one of goatdan's tftc (don't worry, he still has one with the new code)

Actually, last I checked, you drove away with both of them

(One is on loan!)

If you've got parts, please help him out, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't own half of what I do, be that a good or a bad thing!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 16.00
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.