image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 101.
#1701 8 years ago

I hope everyone donates enough to him that he thinks about fixing Tommy next.

#1702 8 years ago

Or WWFRR! Are their any extra call outs available for that game?

#1703 8 years ago

Boy this is really fun. I was hesitant when you said you were going to modify the rules on TFTC, but everything you changed is a great addition/revision to an already outstanding game. I think the added voice calls are my favorite.

Excellent job, excellent! Brilliant way to release your new code to the masses, btw!

#1704 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Boy this is really fun. I was hesitant when you said you were going to modify the rules on TFTC, but everything you changed is a great addition/revision to an already outstanding game. I think the added voice calls are my favorite.
Excellent job, excellent! Brilliant way to release your new code to the masses, btw!

That's a great compliment. Thank you.

Every change I make is in the spirit of the original game. I like to keep the soul of the original intact. In the end, you are still playing the game you know and love... but it's just better, more polished, more balanced.

#1705 8 years ago

I'll be at York on Friday and can bring a few sets of ROMs to trade for blanks/used ROMs to save time on mailing back and forth.

#1706 8 years ago

Thank you! where do i send a donation?

#1707 8 years ago

http://www.pinballcode.com/

There's a donate button on the right hand side of the screen.

#1708 8 years ago

Looking to find an original manual if anyone has one for sale....if not, best place for repro? Thanks!

#1709 8 years ago

Curious to hear more feedback from those who have patched their game to version 4.00.

#1710 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Curious to hear more feedback from those who have patched their game to version 4.00.

Getting the ROMs soon, will let you know! Rush L. says hi by the way!

#1711 8 years ago

Do you need the actual manual? The PDF file is available online. I can email it to you if you need it.

#1712 8 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Do you need the actual manual? The PDF file is available online. I can email it to you if you need it.

Yeah, thought I'd see if I can track down an original manual....I've got the pdf to thumb through - but nice to have the original...

#1713 8 years ago

The new code is amazing guys! Big thanks to Chadh for doing this!! i was lucky enough to get this a few weeks ago aswell and has made me love my TFTC even more than I did before... Callouts are wicked, being able to change the give away 3rd ball multiball is essential.

#1714 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I'm sure more feedback will be coming in a week or two. A lot of people (like myself) probably had to get the roms burned and shipped to them.

#1715 8 years ago

Holy crap, this update fixes so much it's hard to keep track of! I've been hesitant to fix the gate switch on the right ramp because of all the cackling, now with that cut down significantly and the improved "trick shot" callout looks like I have some work to do! I love the simplification of the left ramp. It used to remind me of the confusing combination of solid and blinking inserts of the Frankenstein lock. Silencing the guillotine skill shot was much needed as it gets annoying real quick if someone walks away. I appreciate the creative use of the timing as well, but ball one speed feels a bit too easy to me. That's probably my only complaint throughout the whole release. The unused callouts are by far my favorite addition.

Keep in mind that if you have important high scores or settings saved, write them down before upgrading. Not knowing this they had a tournament running on a location and didn't realize the scores would get wiped. Whoops! Fortunately the owner didn't mind this but it should be pointed out on the website.

#1716 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This is the burner I bought and it is the cheapest I've found and will serve all your burning needs.
amazon.com link »
You'll also need a UV eraser to erase your existing EPROMs if you're just re-using your existing ROMs and not buying blanks.
ebay.com link
They pay for themselves if you frequently buy or trade pins and need to upgrade ROMs since it's an average of $15-$20 to buy ROMs from someone.
I just wiped my existing ROMs and burned the new code to them, so you just need an eraser instead of buying blanks.

These are the exact things I use. Both work great. Compatibility and ease of use with the MiniPro is fantastic. I would strongly recommend it to anyone as finding a USB burner that doesn't drop out or corrupt ROMs is difficult these days. Works without problems with Windows 7 and the software automatically loads preconfigured criteria for pretty much any EPROM under the sun. Couldn't be happier!

The UV light box works, but the timer hardly moves. I suppose it runs on Chinese minutes. The chips usually blank within 10 minutes and that's all that matters really. Just be sure to scrape off any label residue or the light won't reach the window sufficiently.

#1717 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I love the simplification of the left ramp. It used to remind me of the confusing combination of solid and blinking inserts of the Frankenstein lock.

We went back and forth on this quite a bit to try to figure out something to make that ramp both more fun, but more integrated with the gameplay. Before, it was cool, but rather pointless. I think that this is my favorite tweak that we did, as it adds a great risk / reward element to the game that actually gives you a different way to play the game - you could choose to shoot for the ramp and then score points from the Fast Goring modes and not even shoot for the modes.

#1718 8 years ago

Sorry if I missed this, but is anyone selling the new ROMs? I have no problem donating to Chad, but not sure this will be usable by me if I download the file. Thanks.

#1719 8 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Sorry if I missed this, but is anyone selling the new ROMs? I have no problem donating to Chad, but not sure this will be usable by me if I download the file. Thanks.

You should contact John Wart. See the URL below:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/20#post-2722158

His pinball ROM service is top shelf as he will burn you the new TFTC ROMS, label them very professionally and he has fast shipping all for a reasonable price. I highly recommend using his ROM services.

Gord

#1720 8 years ago

Just ordered a set of the ROMs from John Wart.....cant wait!

#1721 8 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Looking to find an original manual if anyone has one for sale....if not, best place for repro? Thanks!

Got an original one this weekend from an RGP'r in Ohio....lucked out as it was in amazing shape..$20 tax, title & tags!

#1722 8 years ago

Any comments on the new code? I'm really curious on this one to see what people think!!

#1723 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Any comments on the new code? I'm really curious on this one to see what people think!!

Haven't gotten mine yet.

#1724 8 years ago

mine are in the post!

#1725 8 years ago

Very cool so far

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1726 8 years ago

I am really digging it. I like the change to the skill shot as it ramps up in challenge for each ball.....a la BSD....instead of being the same speed at the beginning of each ball. Oh and now you have to EARN crypt multi ball more as you are only awarded one letter per ball....my fav new setting

That corny call outs are juiced more into this code too....another plus! Some people hate the crypt keepers cackling which was toned down but I have always enjoyed it.

This is definitely an upgrade on an already fine pinball machine.....much kudos to Chad on this one.

#1727 8 years ago

The new call outs, chopping block sound fix, no restart...all awesome. Options for the Crypt multiball are really nice! The skill shot is cool, although even at its fastest, its still too easy.

I think the scoring is balanced better and overall the new code is a definite upgrade to the game.

The only thing I didn't care for is the reduced crypt-keeper laugh on the left ramp. The bullet sounds aren't nearly as good imo.

Thanks Chad!!

#1728 8 years ago

ChadH !
Any chance you could write a tutorial on how to modify code?
Even just explain how to get started !
What language,software etc?

I'm not a coder by any means but would love to take a nose around and see how it works!

#1729 8 years ago

Found a bizarre hack on my TFTC......what happened was the EOS switches were put in backwards such that they would go open to close, instead of close to open - which can be done simply by flipping the leaf switch over 180°. Once that was done, the prior owner/repair guy (whomever) then put the switches on the wrong side (the grey leader to the left and the violet leader to the right)...someone must have realized the switches were on the wrong side (in addition to being installed incorrectly) but they left the switches as they were (so not working mechanically) then cut the wires and simply reconnected them so that the wire leaving the switch with a grey leader would connect to the wire with the violet leader heading onwards to the board...and so on....so I had to flip the switches the right way - get everything bent back into shape on the leaf switches, then swap the left for the right, cut the wires and connect the correct way....it was nutty as hell!

P.S. The new code is fantastic Chad!!

#1730 8 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Found a bizarre hack on my TFTC......what happened was the EOS switches were put in backwards such that they would go open to close, instead of close to open - which can be done simply by flipping the leaf switch over 180°. Once that was done, the prior owner/repair guy (whomever) then put the switches on the wrong side (the grey leader to the left and the violet leader to the right)...someone must have realized the switches were on the wrong side (in addition to being installed incorrectly) but they left the switches as they were (so not working mechanically) then cut the wires and simply reconnected them so that the wire leaving the switch with a grey leader would connect to the wire with the violet leader heading onwards to the board...and so on....so I had to flip the switches the right way - get everything bent back into shape on the leaf switches, then swap the left for the right, cut the wires and connect the correct way....it was nutty as hell!

Now that's crazy.

#1731 8 years ago

Just got my ROMs in last night. I played around 5 games so far with the new code. I'll reserve my final judgment until I spend more time with it but my initial impressions are that it's awesome. All the changes make sense and the call outs are wicked. Thanks again Chad, amazing work!

#1732 8 years ago

Just curious how many new call outs have been added. That was what I wanted and suggested most when this update was getting done. The game is suppose to have around 200 per the notes I have seen on this game but never seen them all listed. And the laughing never bugged me as much like others have complained about, I mean it's a pin and suppose to make noise. Love the Cryptkeeper.

#1733 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Just curious how many new call outs have been added. That was what I wanted and suggested most when this update was getting done. The game is suppose to have around 200 per the notes I have seen on this game but never seen them all listed. And the laughing never bugged me as much like others have complained about, I mean it's a pin and suppose to make noise. Love the Cryptkeeper.

I found a bunch of voice calls that were either never played or rarely played. I tried to put them into places that made sense... for example "Cook 'em Danno!" was unused and is now played at the start of Electric Chair multiball mode and "How about a game of chops and clobbers?" was also unused and is now played at the start of Super Guillotine mode.

A lot of thought went into choreography of integrating the voice calls and rearranging some of the already existing voice calls... for example... "Who goes there?" was said EVERY time you'd hit either the left or right loop switches which was overkill. It would also play "Who goes there?" when you light Mystery Door via left return lane. So... now I removed that voice call from the left and right loop switches (and replaced them with sound effects). This means that the only time it is played is when you light Mystery Door. This is much better as now you know when Mystery Door is lit based on this voice call.

Also... don't worry... there is still plenty of laughing.

#1734 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I found a bunch of voice calls that were either never played or rarely played. I tried to put them into places that made sense... for example "Cook 'em Danno!" was unused and is now played at the start of Electric Chair multiball mode and "How about a game of chops and clobbers?" was also unused and is now played at the start of Super Guillotine mode.

Very nice, I look forward to playing it with your new ROMS.

Thanks Chad.

Gord

#1735 8 years ago

Were the pointers for these sounds present in the ROMs or did you have to map them manually? I assume yes since the sound ROMs were not updated.

#1736 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Were the pointers for these sounds present in the ROMs or did you have to map them manually? I assume yes since the sound ROMs were not updated.

I had to map many of them. You are correct that all the sounds already exist in the sound ROMs.

#1737 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

A lot of thought went into choreography of integrating the voice calls and rearranging some of the already existing voice calls... for example... "Who goes there?" was said EVERY time you'd hit either the left or right loop switches which was overkill. It would also play "Who goes there?" when you light Mystery Door via left return lane. So... now I removed that voice call from the left and right loop switches (and replaced them with sound effects). This means that the only time it is played is when you light Mystery Door. This is much better as now you know when Mystery Door is lit based on this voice call.

Very nice Chad, mine is going in tonight.

#1738 8 years ago

Would be cool if you all updated the rating of this game in the Pinside Top 100 list and added a comment that you played it with v.4.00 update.

#1739 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Would be cool if you all updated the rating of this game in the Pinside Top 100 list and added a comment that you played it with v.4.00 update.

I've never rated a game before, do I say who made it?

#1740 8 years ago

I just got my set of ROMs for the updated TFTC code. This is the first time I am installing ROM updates, can somebody show, or explain to me which place to put the new ROMs? I think I figured out one, but I'm not 100%, so if somebody could tell/explain to me -- even if it is just snapping a pic of your installed ROMs -- I would be super grateful!
I am really looking forward to trying the game out with this update!
thanks!
--ed

#1742 8 years ago

Crash...you rule...thank you!

#1743 8 years ago

WooHoo. Received and installed my ROMS yesterday. Donation Sent. Thanks Chad.

I purchased my TFTC in Allentown this year and had never made it to "Crypt Jam". (Close a few times). Unbelievably, the first game that I played with Chad's new ROMS I made it. Has nothing to do with the actual changes - I was just making my shots (and got some nice scoop bounces). I finished the game and I was surprised at how low my score was (576M) as compared to how my previous scores were. I had played worse games and had much higher scores. I quite like the new scoring balance.

Oh, and my wife can now tolerate the game. She HATED the Crypt-Keepers laugh and it travelled through the house. I miss the laughter a bit because I was a big fan of the show and the laugh is just part of it.

Ok, too much chopping; I am going to go Gore some More!

#1744 8 years ago

4.0 is a "Hole in Juan"

#1745 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Updated.

#1746 8 years ago

I had the opportunity to meet Chad this afternoon at the Pinball Life party (which was amazing) - what an intelligent and nice person you are Chad and thanks for being an asset to this hobby! Oh, and thanks for making my TFTC better than it was before, better, stronger, faster....(cue music)....

#1747 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Thanks a bunch, I hope to get and have it installed by one of my pin tech friends as I am not the best at it or would want to take a chance of messing something up. I am totally thrilled with more calls outs, always wondered how there were 200 as game always refers to but never hear them in game. Can't wait.

#1748 8 years ago

Anyone have an issue with the Fast Goring Modes (using the new v4 ROMS)? The only mode that I can start is the "Living Dead" Mode. No matter how many times I hit the Left Ramp it always starts the "Living Dead" and the playfield lamp never lights the next "Chainsaw" Mode. I thought the new code fixed that or perhaps I am missing something else to advance the mode?

Thanks guys.

#1749 8 years ago

After five successful shots to the left ramp, it advances the right ramp. Resets in between balls.

#1750 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

After five successful shots to the left ramp, it advances the right ramp. Resets in between balls.

Thanks GoatDan. Based upon what you said, I just went down and checked mine again. I think I just discovered how this actually works now.

If you start the "Living Dead" mode then it resets. If you want to start Chainsaw Mode you need to make 10 Left Ramp shots without starting the "Living Dead" Mode. If you want to start "Grave Digger then you need to make 15 Left Ramp shots before making a Right Ramp shot. If you want to make the final "Play the Organ" mode then you need to make 20 Left Ramp shots before making a Right Ramp shot.

Got it now. That's gonna be tough to make it to "Play the Organ".

Love this new code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.