image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 101.
#1351 9 years ago

Sounds like the vuk isn't getting full power or that something is causing it not to kick the ball hard enough.

Have you checked the mechanism under the playfield, like the coil sleeve and plunger? Also look at the wires to the lugs of the coil. Are they good?

#1352 9 years ago

Also make sure that the ball is getting struck in the middle. If it's not it could cause a problem like you're describing.

Test the coil to see how much power it's receiving too.

#1353 9 years ago

Is the popper hitting the ball squarely?

#1354 9 years ago

I just took a look at it and it appears to be bouncing around before making it through the playfield. So I did my best to adjust the angle of the coil and so far it has worked but I only played a couple games so it's far from conclusive.

I'd like to get in there, remove the subway ramps, and make sure the entire assembly is properly lined up. We'll see how it plays out and if this proves ineffective, I'll have to go the extra step.

#1355 9 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I just took a look at it and it appears to be bouncing around before making it through the playfield. So I did my best to adjust the angle of the coil and so far it has worked but I only played a couple games so it's far from conclusive.
I'd like to get in there, remove the subway ramps, and make sure the entire assembly is properly lined up. We'll see how it plays out and if this proves ineffective, I'll have to go the extra step.

I'll bet that was your problem. A rounded or mushroomed plunger will cause the ball to not eject straight up too. I hate to think how dirty my subway is, I don't think it's ever been cleaned.

#1356 9 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I've been trying to get my Super VUK to work more reliably but I'm not having a ton of luck. First thing I did was replace the ball popper cap, second thing I did was try and move the wire ramp to make sure it was directly over the opening (there isn't really much room to work with without running into the right ramp).
So now, the kick out will typically work for me, sometimes taking a few attempts but then it will get stuck at a point where no matter how many times it kicks the ball won't make it out. Sometimes I'm able to "fix" it by timing a hard nudge right before it kicks.
Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Or what might be causing it?

Mine was doing the same thing, so I replaced the VUK coil and,mimicking on wood, it has been performing much more reliably

#1357 9 years ago

Alright, since tweaking the angle of the coil I haven't had any problems. For now, I'm calling it a success.

On another note:
Does anyone have any ideas how to make the captive ball a more viable shot? At this point, it functions primarily as a a shiny prop and secondarily as a fluke target. I want add-a-balls during multiball dammit!

#1358 9 years ago

I never get add a ball on that thing shaub. I think it's poorly placed on the pf to make much difference. Wasted mode too...

#1359 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I never get add a ball on that thing shaub. I think it's poorly placed on the pf to make much difference. Wasted mode too...

What if that Skull Crackin' mode started as a two-ball? What if the scoring was 5M x Balls In Play? What if every time you hit the captive ball you added 5 seconds to the timer along with the add-a-ball?

I know it doesn't make that shot any easier, but at least you'd have two balls to try to hit it with at a minimum... and the rewards for hitting it would be greater.

#1360 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

What if that Skull Crackin' mode started as a two-ball? What if the scoring was 5M x Balls In Play? What if every time you hit the captive ball you added 5 seconds to the timer along with the add-a-ball?
I know it doesn't make that shot any easier, but at least you'd have two balls to try to hit it with at a minimum... and the rewards for hitting it would be greater.

I like this idea a lot.

This may be a lot to ask: but maybe the extension of time you mentioned, i.e. 5 seconds, could be adjustable?

Great idea !

#1361 9 years ago

Super idea! I also like my idea of having Mezelmods change the captive ball area with a mod of some type (bash toy, skull pile) to make it more fun.

#1362 9 years ago

Put 2 balls in the captive ball enclosure.
Works a treat

#1363 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Sounds great but who could possibly write the code for doing all that.

#1364 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

That sounds like a wonderful idea, I'd really like to try that out (hint hint).

#1365 9 years ago

Yes, put two balls in the captive ball and take off both of the post sleeves.

#1366 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Man, whoever is coming up with the ideas for this code must be a really cool guy! I wish I was him!

#1367 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Man, whoever is coming up with the ideas for this code must be a really cool guy! I wish I was him!

I just hope he's cool enough to make the multiball animation skipable and pause (or reset) the mode timer until multiball starts.

Also, does anyone know exactly how the door prize mode works? My understanding is that there are technically 6 levels but I can usually only get to the third one. I think I've gotten to the fourth a couple times, but not very many considering the number of games I've played on it. Is there always a 1/3 chance of getting the right door? Is it always possible to get through all the doors?

It would be nice to have the option to turn off the door prize "game" and just be awarded a quick 25 million or something (it would fit with the name of the mode). Or change it to an actual mode kind of like the skill shot. It could move fast between the guillotine targets and slow down as it decreases in points (werewolf style).

I also feel like the right ramp should be worth more than the left in Thunderstorm mode.

Electric chair: 2M X # of balls-in-play

Eyeball targets: it would be nice if they did something different from the guillotine targets. Clearing one side could light the cryptkicker, then lighting the second set before the cryptkicker has been used could light it for 3 crypt kicks. Although that might be a bit much. Either way, I want a reason to poke those eyeballs.

#1368 9 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I just hope he's cool enough to make the multiball animation skipable and pause (or reset) the mode timer until multiball starts.
Also, does anyone know exactly how the door prize mode works? My understanding is that there are technically 6 levels but I can usually only get to the third one. I think I've gotten to the fourth a couple times, but not very many considering the number of games I've played on it. Is there always a 1/3 chance of getting the right door? Is it always possible to get through all the doors?
It would be nice to have the option to turn off the door prize "game" and just be awarded a quick 25 million or something (it would fit with the name of the mode). Or change it to an actual mode kind of like the skill shot. It could move fast between the guillotine targets and slow down as it decreases in points (werewolf style).
I also feel like the right ramp should be worth more than the left in Thunderstorm mode.
Eyeball targets: it would be nice if they did something different from the guillotine targets. Clearing one side could light the cryptkicker, then lighting the second set before the cryptkicker has been used could light it for 3 crypt kicks. Although that might be a bit much. Either way, I want a reason to poke those eyeballs.

I agree with all that except the eye targets. I especially like the electric chair idea to give more incentive to keep as many balls as possible in play.

#1369 9 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I would assume he's suggested that, but isn't sure if it can be implemented.

Quoted from shaub:

Like seemingly all crap DE video modes, the door prize mode is totally random. It does not matter what door you pick, the game randomly decides what to give you. It's complete garbage. I believe it's four levels deep in total, but I'm positive that whomever is giving code recommendations has already asked the video mode be shut off and just award 25m as an option because it drives him nuts.

Quoted from shaub:

That entire mode is a little overpowered as it is, and you get fed the ball to the right flipper from the kick out, so shooting the left ramp is just what makes sense. I don't think it's necessary, as realistically no one is going to go for the right ramp, especially if it's evened out with more interesting ramp rules in the game in general.

Quoted from shaub:

That's interesting, although I'm not sure how well it would work with the way that the game sort of slow-loads the balls into play, even fully functional. You have a clear shot for the first ball before the second one gets fired in, and earning 12M off the bat in a mode that already has a ton of scoring opportunity seems a little unbalanced.

Quoted from shaub:

I would love to see a wholly new function added to the Eyeball Targets such as Hold Bonus. The way it currently stands, they are useless. Reworking the eyeball mode (whatever it's name is) would be a great idea too. I hope whomever is suggesting rules has some sort of great idea for that one.

#1370 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

That's interesting, although I'm not sure how well it would work with the way that the game sort of slow-loads the balls into play, even fully functional. You have a clear shot for the first ball before the second one gets fired in, and earning 12M off the bat in a mode that already has a ton of scoring opportunity seems a little unbalanced.

The clear scoop shot you take during start of Electric Chair would only be worth 2M in this instance if you made it before the second ball was launched into play. If you made the shot just after the second ball was launched then it would be worth 4M, after third ball would be 6M... and so on. As you drain and gain balls the jackpot would dynamically change between 2M and 12M depending on how good you are at juggling balls.

"Cook 'em Danno!!!"

#1371 9 years ago

My TFTC has been getting less and less play, as I am super excited about the new thing we are not talking about (and bummed I'm not able to play using all these cool ideas that have been discussed--or not discussed)--bring it on!

#1372 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

My TFTC has been getting less and less play, as I am super excited about the new thing were are not talking about (and bummed I'm not able to play using all these cool ideas that have been discussed--or not discussed)--bring it on!

Yes, this is the only thing keeping me from selling my TFTC. I can't wait to paly someting that we're not talking about.

#1373 9 years ago

After a long wait I have finally joined the fang club. Looking forward to working on my new pin if I can manage to go an evening without playing

#1374 9 years ago

I kinda like Door Prize--if you can make it to the third consecutive door you get an axe-tra ball (plus a lot of points), which makes it worthwhile. I agree this mode could be better--maybe there could be an odds-based pattern that could give the sharp player an edge, but I like the sound effects and the payoff.

Electric Chair just might be my favorite multiball mode on any game--make it happen more often!

#1375 9 years ago

I like the doors!
So do my friends.
It only takes a few seconds. (but I do agree the scoring can be silly). electric chair is shit cool but it's nice it's not overdone.

#1376 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

The clear scoop shot you take during start of Electric Chair would only be worth 2M in this instance if you made it before the second ball was launched into play. If you made the shot just after the second ball was launched then it would be worth 4M, after third ball would be 6M... and so on. As you drain and gain balls the jackpot would dynamically change between 2M and 12M depending on how good you are at juggling balls.

If that's the case, I bet it would blend so seamlessly with how the game is set up that a person who didn't know the change was made wouldn't even recognize it!

Quoted from urbanledge:

I like the doors!
So do my friends.
It only takes a few seconds. (but I do agree the scoring can be silly)

I wouldn't say to take the entire thing out, just the option to take it out. Oh, while leaving in the animation and whatnot, and awarding you points if you get it.

For leaving it in, a way to make it more even for everyone would be to make it so that the first door you go through is worth big points (since that is the one that is the most likely that you can go through anyway), and then it would be worth progressively less points for each door that you make it through. Thus, on a normal game where you make it through one door or whatever, say you get 15M, but if you make it through two you get less for the second one, like 10M for that one or something. That makes it so you don't have player one go through two doors and get 15m+15m = 30m and the second player go through two doors and get 5m + 5m = 10m and get screwed out of 20m for literally no reason.

#1377 9 years ago

The Door Prize is nothing more than a game of chance. The longer you stay in, the bigger the risk, the more you should be rewarded. You are gonna lose sooner rather than later--if you have the hair to keep going you should get bigger points (and that axe-tra ball!).

#1378 9 years ago

I've got a spare repro TFTC topper, the foam kind that was from Pinballbulbs I believe, was repainted to be a lot nicer looking by Matt McKee. Anyone is interested let me know. Price will be $150, basically what I paid for it. You pay shipping (lets just say $10 I'll cover the difference) and you get the custom painting for free.

#1379 9 years ago

Does anyone ever have their Skill Shot not register when they hit a drop target? But then the Skill Shot activates afterwards when the ball hits another switch somewhere else? I am getting this occasionally. My drop target switches test good in test mode. I am running on v.3.03.

#1380 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Does anyone ever have their Skill Shot not register when they hit a drop target? But then the Skill Shot activates afterwards when the ball hits another switch somewhere else? I am getting this occasionally. My drop target switches test good in test mode. I am running on v.3.03.

I've seen that a few times, usually after my 4 year old rapid fires the launcher. If I wait for the drop targets to go a full cycle, no issue.

#1381 9 years ago

Did you know that TFTC originally shipped with two of the flashing 455 bulbs in the back box? One in each of the two upper corners.

#1382 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Did you know that TFTC originally shipped with two of the flashing 455 bulbs in the back box? One in each of the two upper corners.

Whaddayaknow--I'll have to try that out!

#1383 9 years ago

I got to Crypt Jam for the first time last night. Ended up just shy of a billion points. After the mode ended, I relit extra ball (going for my second extra ball of the game) and drained before I could collect, right after I acknowledged that I was close to a billion.

#1384 9 years ago

Damn! Good game.

Haven't been to Jam yet.

#1385 9 years ago

It took me 7 months (I'm no good) but finally made it to Crypt Jam last wkend.. I started yelling/cussing right when I made the shot, the wife and kid ran down like something was wrong.. Ha..

In my case I made it through the 'Door Prize' for and extra, along with the extra ball.. I played Crypt Jam like garbage, but it was still rewarding! 811,506,070 - Gotta love TFTC!

#1386 9 years ago

Now I just need to hit Monster Jackpot and play through the Fast Goring mode and I'll be a TFTC Champion!

#1387 9 years ago

Ive been close ,
10 games done maybe but I feel its coming.
I got a whitewater so thats taking my attention atm.

Are we going to see a new ruleset under the tree this year?
I hope so

#1388 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I could see that being really cool! I will have to grab some now. I've been wondering, does anyone make them in LEDs?

#1391 9 years ago

Anyone else listen to the latest coast 2 coast pinball podcast?
Seems our good friend Chad H Has been talking secrets to Nate

#1392 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Anyone else listen to the latest coast 2 coast pinball podcast?
Seems our good friend Chad H Has been talking secrets to Nate

I listened to that whole podcast waiting for some small piece of news on the update, but it was just another tease. On the other hand, I enjoyed the podcast and will be listening to it from now on. So that's nice.

#1393 9 years ago

Does anyone have any suggestions to make the tombstone switch more consistent? Sometimes it won't register with a pretty decent shot to it, other times it double registers as well, there are times I've had it register when I give the machine a hard forward nudge.

Also, is there a way to manually lower the tombstone so I can't get better access to it? Or should I just shut the game off when it's in the lowered position?

#1394 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Spent some time driving around last night. I stopped in front of a house that might have been Chad's. And I might have found something that once it is in a garbage can on the street is public property and I have every right to look through it for... public safety.
I found this folded up in the recycling, which looks like a shopping / to-do list
To do list from a recycling bin in the vicinity of the end of Chad's driveway
The list seems pretty typical (cookie crisp, yum!)
What's interesting is it was torn off of and written on the back of this sheet of paper.
I'm not sure what this means
I was looking for the other half of this paper but I knocked over a large garbage can and four very angry raccoons came tumbling out of it, snarling and snapping in every direction. That's all for now, I have to go to the doctor to figure out if I have rabies.

IMG_3142.JPG 122 KB

IMG_3143.JPG 117 KB

We have not heard from you in awhile--hope one of those semi-rabid raccoons did not take you out! I know this is asking a lot, but it may just be time to go back in on another dumpster dive--way too quiet for too long--when is this gonna happen--we need more info!

#1395 9 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Also, is there a way to manually lower the tombstone so I can't get better access to it? Or should I just shut the game off when it's in the lowered position?

In the test mode you can move it up and down

#1396 9 years ago

I've noticed, and I don't know how it didn't stand out before, that on the left orbit shot there are holes for two switches, but I only seem to have a switch in one of the holes. Should there be two? and if so, what is that extra switch responsible for?

#1397 9 years ago

thought I would add some pics from my machine.

IMG_20141213_182513372.jpgIMG_20141213_182513372.jpg IMG_20141213_182543911.jpgIMG_20141213_182543911.jpg IMG_20141213_175127377.jpgIMG_20141213_175127377.jpg IMG_20141213_175136667_HDR.jpgIMG_20141213_175136667_HDR.jpg
#1398 9 years ago

Good use of the little guys. I haven't put mine on yet.

#1399 9 years ago

Like um! Well worth the $25..

Up next is the picture frame Mod.. Plays 2-5min of each episode (best parts of each obviously..), and hopefully will be mode specific in the near future.

Cheers

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG
#1400 9 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Up next is the picture frame Mod.. Plays 2-5min of each episode (best parts of each obviously..), and hopefully will be mode specific in the near future.

I like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.