image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 101.
#1251 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If you guys are saying what I think you're saying, when does this thing we're saying become available so we can not talk around what we're saying

I don't have an answer for that but I know of a guy that might.

#1252 9 years ago

Something smells a little fishy about that post. Someone who REALLY knows the game has to play it. So who's going that REALLY knows the game and report back to us?

#1253 9 years ago

Someone who lives close enough had better check out the TFTC that doesn't officially exist this weekend and report back!

#1254 9 years ago

Sold my first one. Just acquired another one. Glad I'm back in.

#1255 9 years ago

Really excited about a possible update. Let's breathe some life into the old crypt keeper.

#1256 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Really excited about a possible update. Let's breathe some life into the old crypt keeper.

- Chad is my best friend.
- The TFTC is mine, but it hasn't been at my house in months.
- We brought it to Pinball Life in my truck, from a house that isn't mine, and Chad helped load it.
- I hope someone here plays it and talks about it besides me.

When exactly we all get to talk about what we're not talking about isn't entirely up to the guy doing the work we're not talking about and I'm more frustrated than all of you put together.

Chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop ..... silence, glorious silence.

#1257 9 years ago

ChadH is the Man--not worried about the lack of chatter. I know whatever he comes up with that he is not talking about due to various cosmic occurrences will ultimately be more than worth the lack of idle conversation. We are all waiting expectantly for when the restraints come off, the algorithms align and the verbosity begins...

#1258 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

- Chad is my best friend.
- The TFTC is mine, but it hasn't been at my house in months.
- We brought it to Pinball Life in my truck, from a house that isn't mine, and Chad helped load it.
- I hope someone here plays it and talks about it besides me.
When exactly we all get to talk about what we're not talking about isn't entirely up to the guy doing the work we're not talking about and I'm more frustrated than all of you put together.
Chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop ..... silence, glorious silence.

Thanks for loaning your game! I've done that too and it shows great trust all around. Chad seems like a standup guy and I'm sure we'll line up when the thing we can't talk about becomes the thing we can have at home. If you're at expo, take a video!

#1259 9 years ago

Once that thing drops I'll have no choice but to start to restore and customize my TFTC.

#1260 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Once the "%$@*" drops I'll have no choice but to start to restore and customize my TFTC.

Hmmm...I think you may have inadvertently placed a name on the thing that no one is talking about...

#1261 9 years ago

my bad, so much news floating around, I fixed it

#1262 9 years ago

Alright---now get working on that game to get it ready for that thing!

#1263 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

say that real fast 3 times.

#1264 9 years ago

Had a fantastic game on tftc last night.
First ball was 300mill!
First shot hit the scoop got mystery doors.Got a free ball out of that!
Started multi ball.
Hit the right ramp twice then hit the left for a jackpot!
hit the right ramp again for double jackpot!
Was down to two balls now and hit the crypt.3rd ball back in the game!
Then double drain
got about 10 mini games done but my 2nd and 3rd balls were poor.
Only got to 500 mill,150mill short of my best.
I think I got 4 free balls!
What a game .
Has anybody gotten the monster jackpot?so tough!

#1265 9 years ago

Installed the Cliffy replacement T-Gate I recommend it

#1266 9 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

Where did you get it?

#1267 9 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

What does that look like again?

#1268 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Had a fantastic game on tftc last night.
First ball was 300mill!
First shot hit the scoop got mystery doors.Got a free ball out of that!
Started multi ball.
Hit the right ramp twice then hit the left for a jackpot!
hit the right ramp again for double jackpot!
Was down to two balls now and hit the crypt.3rd ball back in the game!
Then double drain
got about 10 mini games done but my 2nd and 3rd balls were poor.
Only got to 500 mill,150mill short of my best.
I think I got 4 free balls!
What a game .
Has anybody gotten the monster jackpot?so tough!

Nice but 4 free balls, I must have mine set not to award them and can only get one when light task on middle of playfield. monster jackpot is great to achieve. I think I have done it 2 or 3 times. Crypt jam only once so far, keep going.

#1269 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If you are going to be at the Pinball Life Open House on Friday... check out the TFTC there.

anyone know what happened?

#1270 9 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

anyone know what happened?

Yes I want an update as well please!

#1271 9 years ago

Someone had to play it (well, hopefully someone like us who enjoy and know the game). Please report (on the progress of the thing that we are not talking about)!

#1272 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Someone had to play it (well, hopefully someone like us who enjoy and know the game). Please report (on the progress of the thing that we are not talking about)!

Were we talking about something. I forgot.

#1273 9 years ago

All this talk about not talking about it is almost as confusing as LIONMAN!

#1274 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

All this talk about not talking about it is almost as confusing as LIONMAN!

Is he talking about what were not talking about.........and who's LIONMAN.

#1275 9 years ago

Anyone check out the new code at expo?

#1276 9 years ago

Yep! I noticed some different phrases, sound effects, and the skill shot got faster the more you hit it ala T2. Hope this becomes available to purchase!

#1277 9 years ago

Any changes to the ruleset? What kind of call outs did you hear? C'mon, give us the goods!

#1278 9 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Yep! I noticed some different phrases, sound effects, and the skill shot got faster the more you hit it ala T2. Hope this becomes available to purchase!

Why must you tease me so?

#1279 9 years ago

I wonder if that of which we are not speaking of is so secretive no one who really knows the game played it enough to give useful feedback (and I wonder how many people played TFTC and had no idea anything was different about it). I did hear the thing we are not discussing is still a work in progress...

#1280 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1281 9 years ago

I was asked to post some recent pics of my TFTC:
TFTC-01.jpgTFTC-01.jpg
TFTC-02.jpgTFTC-02.jpg
TFTC-03.jpgTFTC-03.jpg
TFTC-04.jpgTFTC-04.jpg
TFTC-05.jpgTFTC-05.jpg
TFTC-06.jpgTFTC-06.jpg
TFTC-07.jpgTFTC-07.jpg
TFTC-08.jpgTFTC-08.jpg
TFTC-09.jpgTFTC-09.jpg

#1283 9 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

I was asked to post some recent pics of my TFTC:

TFTC-01.jpg 62 KB

TFTC-02.jpg 55 KB

TFTC-03.jpg 120 KB

TFTC-04.jpg 141 KB

TFTC-05.jpg 153 KB

TFTC-06.jpg 140 KB

TFTC-07.jpg 91 KB

TFTC-08.jpg 91 KB

TFTC-09.jpg 71 KB

Let's try this again. Love the green wire forms and the color dmd. The pf looks a bit dark though.

#1284 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Let's try this again. Love the green wire forms and the color dmd. The pf looks a bit dark though.

Thanks! Looks better in person. It's hard to get decent pics with just the LED lighting but it's actually quite well illuminated. The pics were taken in complete darkness other than the pin itself. The only dark spot is right in front of the flippers which I plan to alleviate with a UV LED strip in the trough entrance.

#1285 9 years ago

Last night, in my weekly dumpster dive at Pinball Life, I found this. No idea why it's redacted. There were 3 other full sheets but they were soaked in something sticky and putrid (blood?). They were illegible. Also, alarms were going off and I had to get the hell out of there. I cleaned this up best I could.

Top Secret TFTC code update documentationTop Secret TFTC code update documentation

#1286 9 years ago

Dang....that really adds to the mystery that we'er not talking about.

#1287 9 years ago

Good find.

#1288 9 years ago

That is an awesome find--has some cool ideas I hadn't thought about! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the mystery manuscript...this is gonna be epic!

#1289 9 years ago

When did I miss a color DMD come out for Tales?

#1290 9 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I was wondering the same thing.

#1291 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I was wondering the same thing.

It's a color Dmd that just has a specific pallete assigned to it. It is not truly colorized.

#1292 9 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

You didn't. I converted the DMD to a color LCD using the DMD Extender board from Dr Pinball. You can't individually colorize each frame like the ColorDMD guys do so the end result is not quite as good. Unfortunately, the ColorDMD guys will probably not get around to the pins in my collection during my lifetime so this is a good substitute. I did the same with my Wipeout and WCS94 as well.

#1293 9 years ago

Im hyped for this code!

#1294 9 years ago

So what are the costs, do they provide the code and how many colors?
thanks

#1295 9 years ago

I'm interested in adding a couple of spotlights to light up the topper. How would I go about doing this?

#1296 9 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'm interested in adding a couple of spotlights to light up the topper. How would I go about doing this?

Just hook them up to the translite lights circuit

#1297 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Just hook them up to the translite lights circuit

I don't think he knows how that's why he asked.

#1298 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I wonder if that of which we are not speaking of is so secretive no one who really knows the game played it enough to give useful feedback (and I wonder how many people played TFTC and had no idea anything was different about it). I did hear the thing we are not discussing is still a work in progress...

Maybe the changes to the thing which we shall not speak of are so minor that no one could know if they were there, unless you knew that they were there, and then you could see and hear the differences.

Of course, I didn't play the machine at Pinball Life, so I wouldn't know if it plays differently than mine.

Oh, and in other TFTC-like news, I temporarily have two TFTC machines. There seems to be code differences between the two... Of course, my first is in such a heavy project state I can't be positive. (And no, both TFTC are mine, I'm not loaning a different one. Long story, but it's already sold, so don't ask )

#1299 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't think he knows how that's why he asked.

Fair enough... the middle assembly at this link would have been perfect:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=BBA36B3FE8F71600FFF7A779F605D33B.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=spotlight
If you look at the panel behind your translite you'll see that each light is connected to two wires.
You would take the wires of the spotlight assembly and hook one to each of these two wires (whichever, doesn't matter).
Now since that assembly is not available, just buy the reflectors, buy the 555 LEDs and put them in there and just use whatever wires to hook them up.

#1300 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Fair enough... the middle assembly at this link would have been perfect:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=BBA36B3FE8F71600FFF7A779F605D33B.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=spotlight
If you look at the panel behind your translite you'll see that each light is connected to two wires.
You would take the wires of the spotlight assembly and hook one to each of these two wires (whichever, doesn't matter).
Now since that assembly is not available, just buy the reflectors, buy the 555 LEDs and put them in there and just use whatever wires to hook them up.

Yes that 3 light assembly would be perfect, to bad it's not in stock.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 16.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.