image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 101.
#1101 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I think if at least you had to get the double jackpot to move on to the CRYPT stage that would make more sense, instead of just having to hit the left ramp twice.

As it sits now to get the monster jackpot you have to start multiball, hit left ramp for jackpot, hit right ramp for double, then spell out crypt and shoot inside.

If you are spelling out crypt after hitting the left twice without hitting the right then maybe there is a switch issue.

#1102 9 years ago

Really!
That's weird, I'm not sure how it would confuse the left switch with the right one, but I'll try to walk through it manually and see what happens.
Multiball definitely too easy to get though.

#1103 9 years ago

Without looking at it there is something that happens with the right ramp going into the left because of the trick shot where it goes part way up the right ramp and then falls down into what would normally be for the left ramp. I would just check all the switches on both ramps. I suppose it's possible too that in multiball if one ball is going out the left ramp and another ball hits the start of the right ramp the machine may think a trick shot was made and activate the double jackpot? If that is the case then maybe that is something else that could be rewritten to only allow double jackpots on full right ramp shots?

#1104 9 years ago

I have definitely got the double by hitting the left ramp (at least twice!)
It must be something to do with the trick shot as said above.
You wouldn't change it to a full ramp for double tho.

#1105 9 years ago

I was thinking about this more and maybe it's possible that the left ramp has made enough shots to advance the right ramp that it would award a double? Hmm will have to do some testing sometime.

#1106 9 years ago

Received my new set of flipper fingers so I can replace my broken left finger. Had to make a few other adjustments while I had the glass off, so I figured I'd take some updated pics. Of course after I take the pics I noticed the organ player's temporary tape loosened. Need to mount it permanently now that I know I'm keeping him over the right ramp entrance.

The skull pile over Skull Crackin' has a red flickering LED inside and the hanging skulls shake when the shaker motor is on.

20140922_185028.jpg20140922_185028.jpg
20140922_185038.jpg20140922_185038.jpg
20140922_185143.jpg20140922_185143.jpg
20140922_185258.jpg20140922_185258.jpg
20140922_185340.jpg20140922_185340.jpg
20140922_185432.jpg20140922_185432.jpg
20140922_185411.jpg20140922_185411.jpg
20140922_185458.jpg20140922_185458.jpg

20140922_184900-725.jpg20140922_184900-725.jpg
20140922_184818-185.jpg20140922_184818-185.jpg

#1107 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I have definitely got the double by hitting the left ramp (at least twice!)
It must be something to do with the trick shot as said above.
You wouldn't change it to a full ramp for double tho.

Can't get the dub jackpot from 2 shots to the left on my machine.hmmmmmmmm

#1108 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Received my new set of flipper fingers so I can replace my broken left finger. Had to make a few other adjustments while I had the glass off, so I figured I'd take some updated pics. Of course after I take the pics I noticed the organ player's temporary tape loosened. Need to mount it permanently now that I know I'm keeping him over the right ramp entrance.
The skull pile over Skull Crackin' has a red flickering LED inside and the hanging skulls shake when the shaker motor is on.

Absolutely beautiful!!!

#1109 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

20140922_185028.jpg 247 KB

20140922_185038.jpg 215 KB

20140922_185143.jpg 301 KB

20140922_185258.jpg 243 KB

20140922_185340.jpg 258 KB

20140922_185432.jpg 192 KB

20140922_185411.jpg 298 KB

20140922_185458.jpg 308 KB

20140922_184900-725.jpg 248 KB

20140922_184818-185.jpg 365 KB

Great job.

#1110 9 years ago

Guys: someone talk about shopping the top of the pf. I.e steps involved In the tear down

About to get into mine. Wondering about the order of taking ramps off etx.

#1111 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys: someone talk about shopping the top of the pf. I.e steps involved In the tear down

Wish I could help, but the prior owner of mine did a great shop job before I bought it. This is the only pin I've owned that I haven't done a tear down shop job.

#1112 9 years ago

But that said, I've just done my other tear downs by taking lots of before pics and then plenty of during pics when removing every piece. I didn't have a guide to follow when tearing down Baywatch, which is a beast of wire and plastic ramps.

I just start with the basics that can be removed without having to remove something else, like slings. Then if a wire ramp is connected to a sling, you've already got the bottom ready to remove. Usually I'll then remove any ramps that can be removed by themselves, like wire ramps because they block a lot of playfield parts. You'll figure it out as you go. No real wrong way to do it as long as you're not busting stuff.

#1113 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I haven't done mine either, sorry.

#1114 9 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

I can agree with that to a certain point. If someone is already reworking the code though then I say we try and get as tight and balanced as possible. The more balanced the game the more fun it is.

Some games are amazingly balanced, and some aren't. In the games that aren't balanced, if you know that up front, you know what you must do to play well. If you are playing a game that is really well balanced, you just need to keep the ball in play as long as possible hitting things to score the biggest points.

When I started collecting and had just a few machines, I would have agreed. But the more games that I have gotten, the more that I am completely okay walking up to a game like JP and knowing that if I get the Super Jackpot I just had one HECK of a game. In fact, my JP is set up so hard that the SJ has been hit twice now in my about 8 years of ownership, and I've had a handful of top 25 players in the world play it like that.

If you are consistently hitting the TFTC MJ, it means that your game must not be set up too difficult. The MJ needs to have one shot to both the left and right ramps, and then you must hit the tombstone 5 times. Both the right ramp and the tombstone are difficult shots when you're not in multi, and the multi adds to the difficulty. MJ is a difficult task, and you know that if you want to score big, you need to pull it off...

(Sorry I'm not blockquoting everything, need to run and do some other stuff momentarily...)

You said: "Like I said tftc isn't terrible but there is no way in my eyes that the monster jackpot is more challenging than say getting to play the organ and hitting a minimum of 100 switches in 15 seconds, yet that is how much the monster jackpot is worth. So at that point your option is to only focus on getting the multiball and disregarding the rest of the modes of the game."

But that's not true - if you played twice, and one time you did everything in multi perfectly but got through no modes, your score would definitely be less than if you did everything in multi and completed 6 of the modes. All DE modes seem to be worth about 30M apiece, so that means that you're adding 150M to whatever you have, not an inconsequential number.

You said, "For that matter getting to the crypt jam you are only likely to score somewhere between 75-125 million. Monster jackpot is much easier to get than going through all the modes for the same amount of points. I'm not saying I get the monster jackpot that much but when I do it definitely doesn't feel like I earned 100 million points compared to how the rest of the game scores. I especially don't feel like I've earned it with the multiball essentially being given to me. If I earned the multiball legitimately then it might seem more appropriate."

Again though, you know when you hit the start button that your biggest goal is to play the multiball exactly right and get the points. Then, if you can string that together with a game where you get to Crypt Jam, you've really had an excellent game. For me, and this is true of at least three of my DE machines (not sure about WWFRR, need more time, but considering they all seem to steal the same programming, I bet it's true there too)... I can get to the wizard mode more consistently than the crazy big jackpots. Like I said, with JP, I have gotten a SJ twice, I manage to get to the Wizard mode maybe once every 15 times - if you focus on getting there, it isn't that tough.

The challenge again is you know when you hit start you need to nail that multi - now, can you?

Dang, I think I need to go play JP (since TFTC is sitting not in the same room as me right now) for a bit...

#1115 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Really no set way to do it. Spend 10 minutes studying the pf and taking pictures. Start from the bottom and work your way up. The ramps aren't bad to remove. I'd rebuild the VUK while you're shopping the game. May want to look at your flippers also.

#1116 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I kinda like trying to outguess the hanging dude in Door Prize. I just hope to hang in there long enough to get an Axe-tra ball before I see him...

Wait you can get an extra ball in door prize mode? I thought the only way to get an extra ball was by lighting in up in the middle as one of the 12 tasks. Always curious to all the ways to achieve an extra ball on TFTC

#1117 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Wait you can get an extra ball in door prize mode? I thought the only way to get an extra ball was by lighting in up in the middle as one of the 12 tasks. Always curious to all the ways to achieve an extra ball on TFTC

If you make it past the 3rd door you get an extra ball. There is also an extra ball available in the captive ball with enough hits (never personally got this one but have tested it manually to see).

#1118 9 years ago

Question regarding the shaker: do your motors seems too violent? Like the whole floor shaking?

I'd like to tone down the shaking. Anyone tinker with the motor itself and have success toning down the shake?

#1119 9 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

If you make it past the 3rd door you get an extra ball. There is also an extra ball available in the captive ball with enough hits (never personally got this one but have tested it manually to see).

Thanks must be in my settings menu maybe bec I have made it through at least 5 doors to my memory and only get points.

#1120 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Thanks must be in my settings menu maybe bec I have made it through at least 5 doors to my memory and only get points.

Sorry I should add too that it doesn't actually award the extra ball until the mode is over. So if you make it to 5 doors and then lose the mode it's at that time it'll show you the extra ball animation. You should get it once you've cleared at least 3 doors though.

#1121 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Question regarding the shaker: do your motors seems too violent? Like the whole floor shaking?
I'd like to tone down the shaking. Anyone tinker with the motor itself and have success toning down the shake?

Nope. The shaking in mine is reasonable, not too violent.

#1122 9 years ago

It's gotta be the motor.

I wish someone had an idea of how to adjust/dampen it. I'd love to incorporate it into the game, but for now it's too intense

#1123 9 years ago

Just shift the weight on the motor!
I haven't done this myself because mine is fine.
You only get extra ball on the latest rom.
The rom with the random door awards.

#1124 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Just shift the weight on the motor!.

I appreciate the help, but this does nothing for me.

How do I "shift the weight on the motor"? A little more guidance would speak volumes

#1125 9 years ago

Hi all I have owned my tftc for 8 years now and have only recently joined pinside.I haven't posted or commented until now.But i have to give all of you other "Fright Fans" alot of credit,Some of the playfield mods and information on this thread is very cool.Cheers

#1126 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

It's gotta be the motor.
I wish someone had an idea of how to adjust/dampen it. I'd love to incorporate it into the game, but for now it's too intense

It looks like the settings only provide on/off. Didn't games like ES provide different levels of intensity? DE doesn't provide that same adjustment?

Is everything tightened down properly? The cover? The shaker to the cab? The weights? I think the weights tighten with a small allen wrench.

#1127 9 years ago

Older rom versions don't even allow you to turn it off. You have to manually unplug the connector on the board. No intensity settings.

I wish someone would explain how to adjust the weights.

#1129 9 years ago
Quoted from alpha70:

Hi all I have owned my tftc for 8 years now and have only recently joined pinside.I haven't posted or commented until now.But i have to give all of you other "Fright Fans" alot of credit,Some of the playfield mods and information on this thread is very cool.Cheers

Nice to see you here. You should have joined Pinside 8 years ago. Where are you located and how many games do you have?

#1130 9 years ago

I just added glow in the dark tape in the shooter lane, out lanes, orbit, left ramp and top of the scoop. I'm interested in how it will hold up. It seems quite sturdy. Time will tell.
IMG_20140923_213748.jpgIMG_20140923_213748.jpg

#1131 9 years ago

I hadn't gotten to crypt jam in a couple months. Very first game with the glow in the dark tape, I got there. Very pleased. Here's a shot with the game off in total darkness.

IMG_20140923_222350.jpgIMG_20140923_222350.jpg

#1132 9 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

I just added glow in the dark tape in the shooter lane, out lanes, orbit, left ramp and top of the scoop. I'm interested in how it will hold up. It seems quite sturdy. Time will tell.

IMG_20140923_213748.jpg 233 KB

Very interesting. Keep us informed.

#1133 9 years ago

Anyone else hate the end of ball organ music? It's too racing for me. Hopefully a new code addresses it.

#1134 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anyone else hate the end of ball organ music? It's too racing for me. Hopefully a new code addresses it.

The only thing I didn't like about the sound was the constant cackle by the cryptkeeper. Once in a while would be fine, but it started to get under my skin (when I owned the game). Now that I no longer own the game, it's nice to play once in a while, and the cackle doesn't bother me in moderation

#1135 9 years ago

SO after owning this pin for a week, here's what I'd redo in a revision.

1. CRYPT spelling--> no gimmes here. One ball hit equals one letter lit. Whether lit letters stay lit for next ball should be an adjustment. No bonus letters spotted either. HATE that.
2. Right ramp frenzies--->progression needs to stay lit after each ball like it does on the left ramp's BATS.
3. Skill shot needs some sort of work. Speed of lit drops increases? How about random patterned lighting? Instead of drop 1, drop 2, and then drop 3 being lit, what about drop 2, drop 1, drop 3 or some random pattern? needs rewritten.

All in all this is my first DE pin and I'm really blown away with the ruleset. Very fun and at the same time challenging. I love the interaction with the door handle lock-ins too. And of course the door bell going off. LOVE the metal ramps. No cloudy plastic ramps to deal with.

GREAT pin. Getting the overhaul shortly with LEDS, rubs, cleaning, etc.

#1136 9 years ago

I'd be happy if just the gimme multiball was fixed. Of course, I would welcome other "enhancements" to the rule set as well. How feasible is it to fix a glitch in a rom?

#1137 9 years ago

The only software fix I need is:

Stop the goddamn guillotine chopping sounds after 10 seconds or so. Fucking annoying to hear CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP while waiting for the other play to start their ball....or if you just walk away after a ball to refill a drink or whatever.

#1138 9 years ago

You guys are thinking like I am thinking.

Did anyone pay close attention to the TftC that was in the hallway at the DK Pinball booth at MGC this past spring?

#1139 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The only software fix I need is:
annoying to hear CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP while waiting for the other play to start their ball....or if you just walk away after a ball to refill a drink or whatever.

AGREED!! worse part of the game imo

#1140 9 years ago

Dumb question: batteries have the zip tie around them. How do I replace them>?

If I cut zip tie, will battery pack come loose?

#1141 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Did anyone pay close attention to the TftC that was in the hallway at the DK Pinball booth at MGC this past spring?

You gotta stop teasing us Chad! When's the code gonna drop?

#1142 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Dumb question: batteries have the zip tie around them. How do I replace them>?
If I cut zip tie, will battery pack come loose?

Cut the zip tie and remove the batteries. Remote mount a battery pack in the backbox and solder it where the old battery pack was located on the board. When batteries leak (not if but when) then they cause a lot of damage to the boards. There are lots of instructions online with pictures if you want lots of details.

#1143 9 years ago

Won't have time to do the relocation just yet.

But Want to change batteries now as precaution.

WIll i have to redo a zip tie in there ... in which I'd have to remove board? Or will holder stay in place with cut zip tie?

#1144 9 years ago

WIll i have to redo a zip tie in there ... in which I'd have to remove board? Or will holder stay in place with cut zip tie?

#1145 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

ChadH said:

Shut-up-and-take-my-money[1].jpgShut-up-and-take-my-money[1].jpg

#1146 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ahh, yes....I've heard of this Chad....man of mystery!

#1147 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You can cut the zip tie. It's just there to really securely hold the batteries in place. I don't use a zip on any of my holders, the batteries stay in place just fine. So you remove that zip and you'll still have to pry the batteries out.

#1148 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Seriously, I will buy a custom ROM with the only change being the guillotine sounds removed or timed out. That's worth $50 to me right now.

#1149 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Seriously, I will buy a custom ROM with the only change being the guillotine sounds removed or timed out. That's worth $50 to me right now.

Me too.

#1150 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I haven't been bothered by or really noticed the guillotine sounds yet, but if I do now I will have you to blame!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 64.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.