image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 101.
#1001 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Had to steal post 1000... never done that before. No idea why but so the opportunity so had to go for it.
Peace,

The DEVIL made you do it right?

#1002 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The DEVIL made you do it right?

Yeah for sure! He also makes me take a photo of my car odometer when it turns from 99,999 to 100,000

Haha

#1003 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah for sure! He also makes me take a photo of my car odometer when it turns from 99,999 to 100,000
Haha

Oh I've done that too.

#1004 9 years ago

Anyone have a picture of the coil under the playfield arch? I put in all of the ball trough switches tonight as they were all gone, and the game now has some really strange behavior that wasn't there before, and I'm hoping that is it. Here is what it is doing, in case anyone recognizes the problem:

Before when the ball trough switches were all missing or unattached, when I turned on the machine I could go through test mode and see what was going on, no problem. The tests would all work, yada yada. Everything else more or less worked, the flippers are still a bit wonky because I need to switch their EOS switch, but tey are functional enough.

Today, I swapped all new switches onto the trough (following the pics from Chad before, thanks again!) and I the game recognized the balls... but it wouldn't kick them out. The under the arch coil is consistently energized, which is bad (obviously). I finally detached it - it was not an issue before the trough switches were replaced, which I think is odd. I also think it's odd that it didn't blow a fuse - it was on for a minute before I found it.

The second thing is that it's locking on some flashers, specifically the ones behind the eyeball targets, however again it's unique - when I start the game, it works just fine, including flashing them with the light show for the ball launch, but after about four or five times, it locks them on (one on each side and one on the backbox). As far as I can tell, there are no other lock ons.

I'm thinking I need to check for transistors being there and orientated correctly tomorrow, but I don't understand why adding the trough switches properly would suddenly make all this stuff happen. I can swap boards from JP, but don't want to yet. Anything I'm missing?

I'm *so close* to getting it functional, this is annoying. Oh, and I need some good US roms for it, running the tests in whatever language it's in is weird.

#1005 9 years ago

Try changing the bridge rectifiers that hook up to the big blue capacitor (or at least test them). They cause weird things to happen when they go bad, and they go bad a lot on DE machines. The flasher and coil issue makes me think it is definitely a bridge rectifier issue!

#1006 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Anyone have a picture of the coil under the playfield arch?

IMG_6693[1].JPGIMG_6693[1].JPG

IMG_6694[1].JPGIMG_6694[1].JPG

#1007 9 years ago

can someone post a pic of your eos on your flippers or just tell me how to hook them back up, someone cut them on my machine before I bought it, I would like to hook them back up, I have the new switches , I just need to know where the colored wires get hooked up and do I need a diode on there also , thanks

#1008 9 years ago

I have always been a fan of the TFTC series and finally got a chance to play this machine at the local arcade. I think my wife approves of it because she said I could get one instead of taking her out on our anniversary this year! (might need this in writing) Needless to say I am now looking for one of these for my game room and hope to be part of the club soon.

#1009 9 years ago
Quoted from h3xd:

I have always been a fan of the TFTC series and finally got a chance to play this machine at the local arcade. I think my wife approves of it because she said I could get one instead of taking her out on our anniversary this year! (might need this in writing)...

My suggestion--do both, they never forget...

#1010 9 years ago
Quoted from h3xd:

I have always been a fan of the TFTC series and finally got a chance to play this machine at the local arcade. I think my wife approves of it because she said I could get one instead of taking her out on our anniversary this year! (might need this in writing) Needless to say I am now looking for one of these for my game room and hope to be part of the club soon.

WATCH OUT...IT'S A TRAP!!

#1011 9 years ago

75% of my balls are going SDTM after the plunge into the drop targets. The follow up ball is usually okay. Anyone else have this issue? I may need to adjust the incline... I just inboxed the game after a move.

#1012 9 years ago

I'd say something is a little off, I only get an occasional ball SDTM after hitting the drop targets.

#1013 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

75% of my balls are going SDTM after the plunge into the drop targets. The follow up ball is usually okay. Anyone else have this issue? I may need to adjust the incline... I just inboxed the game after a move.

Recheck your level and incline.

#1014 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Easy adjustment. The metal ball guide where the ball launches, remove the top most screw and then bend the guide to correct the shot. I leave my screw out and every so often need to slightly bend the guide to correct the shot. Was a major issue when I first got the game. Everyone would get annoyed at the SDTM even though the ball save is generous and one of the relaunches would be fine.

#1015 9 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I'll readjust the incline and check the guide plate.

I really enjoy this game. There is so much to do and so much to shoot for!

#1016 9 years ago

I find myself playing this one more than any of the others...not sure why!

#1017 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I find myself playing this one more than any of the others...not sure why!

It's a great game.

#1018 9 years ago

has anyone else done the eye ball mod yet? looks great when they are lit up with the led's
20140905_094158.jpg20140905_094158.jpg
20140905_094143.jpg20140905_094143.jpg

#1019 9 years ago

I'm not sure I'm loving the look of that many eyeballs. I think it would look better with a more diversified look.

I will say that I purchased the PVC toys mentioned earlier in the thread (seen here: ebay.com link: itm ), and the caldron model looks absolutely fantastic with a green LED jammed in the middle. It looks like it was designed for the pin.

Quoted from bobbyt:has anyone else done the eye ball mod yet? looks great when they are lit up with the led's

I'm not sure I'm loving the look of that many eyeballs. I think it would look better with a more diversified look.

I will say that I purchased the PVC toys mentioned earlier in the thread (seen here: ebay.com link: itm ), and the caldron model looks absolutely fantastic with a green LED jammed in the middle. It looks like it was designed for the pin.

20140905_094158.jpg 308 KB

20140905_094143.jpg 220 KB

#1020 9 years ago

Yea too many eye balls for me !
Halloween is coming so should be a chance to pick up a topper and some other bits!

#1021 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Halloween is coming so should be a chance to pick up a topper and some other bits!

My thoughts exactly, but I'm going to wait til after Halloween when stores are discounting stuff to get rid of it. Previous years I've seen some foam skulls and other good stuff that'd work well for the pin....I just didn't own the pin at that point.

#1022 9 years ago

Spirit Halloween has great stuff for this game. Wait until the day after Halloween and the entire store is 50-75% off.

#1023 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

has anyone else done the eye ball mod yet? looks great when they are lit up with the led's

20140905_094158.jpg 308 KB

20140905_094143.jpg 220 KB

Ever get the feeling that you're being watched?

#1024 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Spirit Halloween has great stuff for this game. Wait until the day after Halloween and the entire store is 50-75% off.

What's a sprit Halloween?!!

#1025 9 years ago

It is a merchandiser here in the US that sets up storefronts in vacant buildings in many cities just before Halloween and sells Halloween merchandise. It is a very cool store--but kind of pricey. http://www.spirithalloween.com/

#1026 9 years ago

Anyone overwhelmed by the flashing when multi-ball is ready (and a few other times I think)?

My TFTC is loaded with bright LEDs which are fine normally but when that steady flashing starts it's way overkill/headache inducing unless the room lights are maxed out. I changed adjustment 35/flash lamps to off and it still happens.

Any way to reduce the flashing overkill or do I just need to start pulling bulbs?

#1027 9 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

Anyone overwhelmed by the flashing when multi-ball is ready (and a few other times I think)?
My TFTC is loaded with bright LEDs which are fine normally but when that steady flashing starts it's way overkill/headache inducing unless the room lights are maxed out. I changed adjustment 35/flash lamps to off and it still happens.
Any way to reduce the flashing overkill or do I just need to start pulling bulbs?

Yes there is and I just did it a few days ago. You need to pull one of the plugs on the right side of the power supply. This will disable the relay that causes the flashing. Instead the lights will remain on. Totally fixed the issue for me! If someone knows which plug it is post here otherwise I'll double check when I get home.

#1028 9 years ago

Oh and I have the flash lamps setting to on. That flashing didn't bother me at all it was just the GI led flashing that was bothersome.

#1029 9 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

i just picked up 2 new blue plastic domes and blue flasher bulbs to dim down that flashing a bit, I still didn't install them yet but I am hoping it cuts down on that bright flashing, I will let you guys know if It works out or not

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=309

#1030 9 years ago

Here you go. Second plug from the top on the right. Unplug this and you eliminate the headaches of flashing GI.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1031 9 years ago

Huge thanks to you both, we will definitely put both of those suggestions to work. Great to know there's an easy fix and we're not the only ones driven crazy by it. Fangs for the help!

#1032 9 years ago

Did quite a few modifications on my TFTC. I put clear star posts on the sling shots with clear rubber. I took both rubber sleaves off the captive ball and put two glo balls in there. I added a couple of spotlights, blue LED strips and scoop lighting. I changed the pop bumper caps to clear with blue LED rings and outfitted all GI and spotlights to black lights. I put a couple of glo balls as well and they move fast. I took out most of the lights in the back box and disconnected some of the strobing effects shown above. I played it in total darkness and boy was it fun!IMG_20140913_034310.jpgIMG_20140913_034310.jpg

#1033 9 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

Did quite a few modifications on my TFTC. I put clear star posts on the sling shots with clear rubber. I took both rubber sleaves off the captive ball and put two glo balls in there. I added a couple of spotlights, blue LED strips and scoop lighting. I changed the pop bumper caps to clear with blue LED rings and outfitted all GI and spotlights to black lights. I put a couple of glo balls as well and they move fast. I took out most of the lights in the back box and disconnected some of the strobing effects shown above. I played it in total darkness and boy was it fun!

Nice! I was going to go with glow balls too but wasn't sure how they would affect gameplay since they are lighter than the standard ball. Do you notice a difference? Is it a good or bad difference?

#1034 9 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Here you go. Second plug from the top on the right. Unplug this and you eliminate the headaches of flashing GI.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I always thought there would be a way to trick the relay or something. I can't wait to try this out on my next DE.

#1035 9 years ago

I may join this club again soon. Any way to reduce the crypt keeper cackling? We all love him but if I remember before it drive me crazy hitting the left ramp.

#1036 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I may join this club again soon. Any way to reduce the crypt keeper cackling? We all love him but if I remember before it drive me crazy hitting the left ramp.

You can remove the wire gate or disconnect the gate switch.

#1037 9 years ago

Glo balls definitely play different. I put two in the captive ball and only two in the playable balls. I like having the difference as they play faster and put you on your toes. If you nail the left ramp, it's very satisfying as it really rips around. It's hard to describe the difference but they seem to go smoother around the ramps/habit trails. Maybe because they make a different sound on the metal.

#1038 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You can remove the wire gate or disconnect the gate switch.

I did that before but does that make hitting the ramp not register ? Or is switch just fir cackle

#1039 9 years ago

You will lose out on points by disconnecting switches. It can add up when you are in a mode awarding 1 million points per switch.

#1040 9 years ago

I've found after a while you just sorta get used to the insane cackling and live with it...

#1041 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I've found after a while you just sorta get used to the insane cackling and live with it...

Not if I have my way.

#1042 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Not if I have my way.

Oh Chad, you gonna mess with the program and make it a better game like with DE Star Wars?

#1043 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Not if I have my way.

Alright! If you do some code manipulating, I'm sure it will be well received. Some of the scoring could be more balanced, the captive ball and the right ramp made more fair, Crypt Jam more attainable. etc. Have at it!

#1044 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Alright! If you do some code manipulating, I'm sure it will be well received. Some of the scoring could be more balanced, the captive ball and the right ramp made more fair, Crypt Jam more attainable. etc. Have at it!

And combos added to game

#1045 9 years ago

Combo is a cool idea!
There is a combo for two orbits isnt there?
one for left ramp/right ramp would be nice too.

#1046 9 years ago

Has anyone ever heard the Cryptkeeper say "put a little meat on your bonus" when you increase your bonus multiplier? Or any other time in general?

#1047 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Has anyone ever heard the Cryptkeeper say "put a little meat on your bonus" when you increase your bonus multiplier? Or any other time in general?

I've had my game for a couple years now and never heard that any time. I'm on latest rom revision.

#1048 9 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

I've had my game for a couple years now and never heard that any time. I'm on latest rom revision.

ditto

#1049 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

ChadH, sounds like you are doing some serious digging around. That mean you are gonna do some new code? Don't tease us--just do it, dude!

#1050 9 years ago

And more quotes from the Cryptkeeper, his laughing does not bug me. Loved the show and game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Wanted
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.