image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 101.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ok that's good, just was wondering if I had a glitch or problem somehow related to that.

I'm a restarter as well. My TFTC does the ball search, but it only kicks out one ball. Once it gets back into the trough I can start up another game. I've never had it kick out all six. I find the one kick out annoying. All six would drive me nuts. Maybe I'm just lucky.

#52 10 years ago

would someone post a pic of the shaker motor control board.mine is unhooked and I would like to know which wires go where. Also, adjustment 48 says proprietary adjustment....not shaker motor like the manual says...is it the same thing? does it just need to be on?

thanks alot

#53 10 years ago

I got a TFTC 3+ months ago and could not be happier. Great game. I love the hard shots, the balanced scoring, the sound, art etc... hard too. I have not hit the Monster Jackpot yet, or the Crypt Jam on standard 3 balls.

I probably should try some leds.

A reasonably hard hit to the crypt often leads to the ball bouncing back out. I was thinking about adding a foam pad in the back to help reduce this. Has anyone tried this?

I have a Cliffy protector in the Creature Feature sink hole. It seems to slightly reduce the success rate on hitting this shot. Has anyone noticed this as well?

#54 10 years ago

I fully LEDed my TFTC and couldn't be happier.

Haven't needed any foam in the crypt, but no reason that wouldn't work.

The cliffy protector can make the scoop shot slightly tighter, but the real issue is that the position of the scoop hole was off by 1/16" in the CAD file, as said by the designer, so it's a harder shot than intended. It's easiest from the upper right flipper which you feed from a left orbit or shot into the VUKs.

RM

Quoted from lb1:

I got a TFTC 3+ months ago and could not be happier. Great game. I love the hard shots, the balanced scoring, the sound, art etc... hard too. I have not hit the Monster Jackpot yet, or the Crypt Jam on standard 3 balls.
A reasonably hard hit to the crypt often leads to the ball bouncing back out. I was thinking about adding a foam pad in the back to help reduce this. Has anyone tried this?
I have a Cliffy protector in the Creature Feature sink hole. It seems to slightly reduce the success rate on hitting this shot. Has anyone noticed this as well?

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Definitely a great game bias as I am. LEDs make a big difference. There are kits but you're sometimes better figuring your own color scheme and a bit cheaper too.
Oh and welcome to pinside.

#56 10 years ago

I am looking to buy used shaker motor for my TFTC. does anyone have one here? I also was hoping someone could tell me where the shaker motor power comes from before the shaker motor board...trying to get mine to work and have had little luck. The fuses and traces are fine on the board...so the only thing left is the motor or the connector at another point.

I am sure this motor could come from another machine as well....

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Yes but makes it challenging at times. It happens on Metallica when hitting snake whole as well. If you like TFTC like I do wait to you try what I call the updated version aka Metallica.

#58 10 years ago

I recently found this pair I'm going to use as my topper(s). The left one (Trendmasters) activates with noise or a bump to shake, light up and produce rattle and crypt keeper laugh sounds. It should work well as nudging and the sound of the game play should activate it. The other is more static with the eyes and candle (with a flame bulb) lit up. I'll likely just place the comic book for this one somewhere on the pf or apron as it won't be seen on top. The chair runs off batteries (4 AA), and the candle one is plug-in, so I want to find a way to hardwire them to appropriate switched power from the game itself.

IMG_0624.JPGIMG_0624.JPG

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

I recently found this pair I'm going to use as my topper(s). The left one (Trendmasters) activates with noise or a bump to shake, light up and produce rattle and crypt keeper laugh sounds. It should work well as nudging and the sound of the game play should activate it. The other is more static with the eyes and candle (with a flame bulb) lit up. I'll likely just place the comic book for this one somewhere on the pf or apron as it won't be seen on top. The chair runs off batteries (4 AA), and the candle one is plug-in, so I want to find a way to hardwire them to appropriate switched power from the game itself.

I have the one on the left and bring it out for Halloween every year. Got it brand new back in the day at Spencer's in the mall. Always wanted the one on the right as well.

#60 10 years ago

Recently found this link on another thread, the website has several of hard to match colors, and come from mfg paint specs. Best of all, they have the blue/purple for the TFTC cab. I ordered it immediately and tried it as soon as it arrived. After doing a test spot, and then moving on to larger stuff, I am happy to report the color match is amazing...IMHO....if I didn't know the areas I touched up, I don't think I could pick them out.
Here is the link: http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm

--Ed

I got the small 1oz size and it will be enough for all my random touch up needs on TFTC. If you are repainting all of the blue/purple on your entire game, the bigger one would likely be the way to go.

1 week later
#61 10 years ago

Anybody do any work on their TFTC this week?

#62 10 years ago

^^ The color on the website says purple, but I'm assuming its blue...?

Picking up a TFTC next month! I already purchased the alt translite and red DMD filter. Anyone try mirror blades? It seems like a tight fit, but I'm curious if anyone has successfully installed them.

#63 10 years ago

Yeah, I put the pinball side mirrors in, and it looks great. No problem with fit, but it is a little tighter now. I'd post pics if I wasn't on my phone...

#64 10 years ago

The paint is blue and matches nicely. I've got black mirrored blades and mines a tight fit.

Quoted from E_N_3:

Anybody do any work on their TFTC this week?

I'm working on mine and was close to being finished until I got the tracking # for my Pig][. So now I'm scrambling to get things together to use with it.

#65 10 years ago

I am thinking of taking my cliffy out on the hole, since I put it in I would say it is 50% harder to get a ball to drop, SO hard to make them in right now. I hate to not have it protected but since that is the centerpiece of the game with every mode it just isn't as fun not being able to hit it more regularly.

#66 10 years ago

I have one but haven't play with it installed yet and have heard that also. I was thinking of filing down the edge to see if that improves play.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Yeah, I put the pinball side mirrors in, and it looks great. No problem with fit, but it is a little tighter now. I'd post pics if I wasn't on my phone...

Pics when you can!! I'd love to see.

#68 10 years ago

I have had my TFTC for 4 months now and after having it totally overhauled by a tech the shaker motor has just stopped working. Any suggestons as to what has gone wrong. All fuses ok and power to CN12 P9. Help please, game nowhere the same without shaker!
Also purchased a prop replica head for topper which arrives in 2 weeks. Looks fantastic.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#69 10 years ago

Prop Replica bust is $299 at kreationx.com

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from BigJuz:

Prop Replica bust is $299 at kreationx.com

If I had that topper, my kids would never be in the basement again.

#71 10 years ago

my shaker got working again by me replacing the female pin connect in the back box...it is at the bottom of the board. 5 minutes and bam...shaking again

#72 10 years ago

Glad you got it running with little problem

#73 10 years ago

Sorry about the crappy phone camera pic, but here they are.

photo-2.JPGphoto-2.JPG photo-3.JPGphoto-3.JPG

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Sorry about the crappy phone camera pic, but here they are.

Are these from pinballsidemirrors? Was this a tight fit? Any problems installing?

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

^^ The color on the website says purple, but I'm assuming its blue...?
Picking up a TFTC next month! I already purchased the alt translite and red DMD filter. Anyone try mirror blades? It seems like a tight fit, but I'm curious if anyone has successfully installed them.

Yeah, it is blue, but the blue of the game does look to have a hint of purple in it. Either way, it's the right one!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 10 years ago

Speaker cover / grill MOD.

IMG_20130606_201140.jpgIMG_20130606_201140.jpg IMG_20130606_201027.jpgIMG_20130606_201027.jpg

#77 10 years ago

Couple more MODS.

100_1954.JPG100_1954.JPG 100_1980.JPG100_1980.JPG

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Are these from pinballsidemirrors? Was this a tight fit? Any problems installing?

Yeah, they're from pinball side mirrors. No problem with the install, other than I forgot to center the playfield back up before I lowered it and put a tiny scratch on the one side. It's not very deep and should buff out okay.

I really like the way they look, and they make the game even brighter (if that's even possible)

#79 10 years ago

Was looking to tighten the posts and plastics around the drop targets. Because they were loose I was getting a number of air balls bouncing back. In taking it apart I found the lower plastic (below the light) was apparent fabricated, and not very well. I'm likely going to have to make a new once since the upper (screened) plastic doesn't fit well over the bumper cap when lined up with the drilled holes and standoffs in the lower.

Anyone know of a source for a template, drawing, or dimensions for this plastic? Barring that, could someone take a pic of an original with some rough dimensions (including hole placement)

I also need to confirm the proper length of the standoffs between the lower and upper plastics

tia

1 week later
#80 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

Was looking to tighten the posts and plastics around the drop targets. Because they were loose I was getting a number of air balls bouncing back. In taking it apart I found the lower plastic (below the light) was apparent fabricated, and not very well. I'm likely going to have to make a new once since the upper (screened) plastic doesn't fit well over the bumper cap when lined up with the drilled holes and standoffs in the lower.
Anyone know of a source for a template, drawing, or dimensions for this plastic? Barring that, could someone take a pic of an original with some rough dimensions (including hole placement)
I also need to confirm the proper length of the standoffs between the lower and upper plastics
tia

Are you looking for the red plastic that hugs the pop bumper by the drop targets? If so, there is a member on the board who reproduced a small run of them for TFTC, which you can easily search/find. I got one from him and it loos great!

--Ed LI NY

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

I'm working on mine and was close to being finished until I got the tracking # for my Pig][. So now I'm scrambling to get things together to use with it.

What type of stuff are you going to use with it?

#82 10 years ago

Well I was planning on a few servos, one to do Mike's crypt keeper pointer and I got a guillotine I'm trying to incorporate with the drop targets. A few lights, but I was going to run digital LEDs under and behind the cabinet till I learned the Pig doesn't handle that sort of thing. So I'm going to end up purchasing an Arduino just to run the digital cabinet lighting. image.jpgimage.jpg

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

Well I was planning on a few servos, one to do Mike's crypt keeper pointer and I got a guillotine I'm trying to incorporate with the drop targets. A few lights, but I was going to run digital LEDs under and behind the cabinet till I learned the Pig doesn't handle that sort of thing. So I'm going to end up purchasing an Arduino just to run the digital cabinet lighting.

What's the crypt keeper pointer?

#84 10 years ago

Here is a video. The Crypt Keeper points at the next place to shoot in order to start a mode

This next video is for red under-cabinet lighting tied into the GI

Last one - I found a skull picture on the web, printed it on regular paper, cut holes out for the eyes, and stuck it to the back of the playfield where the red light "eyes" are. Then I used the PIG 2 to tie the lights in with the pop bumpers to make the skull "wake up" when the pops fire.

#85 10 years ago

You've got another ball!
TFTC-tales-from-the-crypt-229457_638_4.jpgTFTC-tales-from-the-crypt-229457_638_4.jpg

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

Well I was planning on a few servos, one to do Mike's crypt keeper pointer and I got a guillotine I'm trying to incorporate with the drop targets. A few lights, but I was going to run digital LEDs under and behind the cabinet till I learned the Pig doesn't handle that sort of thing. So I'm going to end up purchasing an Arduino just to run the digital cabinet lighting.

This looks like a crude circumcision device! With this, you could make 10 skins a day, with a chance to get ahead!!!

#87 10 years ago

Damn iPhone doesn't play well with pinside with the sideways pic.

Thanks for the vids Mike.

Circumciser not so much, Eunuch maker more likely.

#88 10 years ago

Holy cow, that mod with the moving crypt keeper is AMAZING!
Is it a hard thing to do?

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Holy cow, that mod with the moving crypt keeper is AMAZING!
Is it a hard thing to do?

Agreed! I like watching the crypt Keeper in full pose pop around like that pointing to the next mode.....WANT.

1 week later
#90 10 years ago

+1 new member of the fang club!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#91 10 years ago

Mine is going up for sale shortly, just out of room and unfortunately this is the one to go. Anyone interested in advance let me know. Awesome shape with a "unique" topper, one decal that tore up just slightly but otherwise really great shape overall.

Couple pictures:

http://sdrv.ms/12yhKFj

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Congratz on the new addition.

Quoted from bemmett:

Mine is going up for sale shortly, just out of room and unfortunately this is the one to go. Anyone interested in advance let me know. Awesome shape with a "unique" topper, one decal that tore up just slightly but otherwise really great shape overall.
Couple pictures:
http://sdrv.ms/12yhKFj

I may know someone PM me your asking price.

#93 10 years ago

The pointing crypt keeper is powered with a PIG 2 and it's mounted on a micro servo. "Hard to do" is kind of relative. I did have to cut the production plastic. I also had to make custom servo mounts using some thin sheet metal.

I'm sure there are other ways to accomplish this. This was really meant as a one off mod and I'm not sure how I'd make it a kit. I'll happily answer any questions if you want to take this on yourself.

The clearances are VERY tight. If it's too far forward you start having to worry about the glass and the ramp. If it's too far back, you can snag a foot on the tombstone when it raises. I actually made that mistake and had to pull it all apart (after these pictures) cut the plastic more and move the servo forward about 1/4 inch.

I normally opt for fully reversible mods, but it just wasn't possible here. And, why would you ever reverse such a cool mod?

Also, that servo is not visible from the front of the game. It's pretty hard to see from the sides.

IMG_1746_(Large).JPGIMG_1746_(Large).JPG IMG_1745_(Large).JPGIMG_1745_(Large).JPG

#94 10 years ago

I've had my game for years now. I'd consider a trade for another game, PIG 2 and mods included.

I've wanted an RBION or Road Show for a long time now. I know it might not be 1 to 1 trade.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

The pointing crypt keeper is powered with a PIG 2 and it's mounted on a micro servo. "Hard to do" is kind of relative. I did have to cut the production plastic. I also had to make custom servo mounts using some thin sheet metal.
I'm sure there are other ways to accomplish this. This was really meant as a one off mod and I'm not sure how I'd make it a kit. I'll happily answer any questions if you want to take this on yourself.
The clearances are VERY tight. If it's too far forward you start having to worry about the glass and the ramp. If it's too far back, you can snag a foot on the tombstone when it raises. I actually made that mistake and had to pull it all apart (after these pictures) cut the plastic more and move the servo forward about 1/4 inch.
I normally opt for fully reversible mods, but it just wasn't possible here. And, why would you ever reverse such a cool mod?
Also, that servo is not visible from the front of the game. It's pretty hard to see from the sides.

I'll be hitting you with some questions here soon. Thx.

Will you be getting your help forum up anytime soon?

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Nice line up of three different pins. I am trying to figure out my other two. I always wanted a TZ next to my TFTC. Don't know what the other would be and always switch my mind from time to time regarding the next one either way.

#97 10 years ago

Just got one in this weekend very excited !!!!Mine needs a good bit of work to get it up and running.In need of a deep cleaning as well none the less very excited!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Just got one in this weekend very excited !!!!Mine needs a good bit of work to get it up and running.In need of a deep cleaning as well none the less very excited!!
Inline image display is disabled. Click here to view this image, or you can re-enable inline image displaying.

Congratz also. I know mine did but there are other far far worse http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/filthy-dirty-tftc-restore-project?ti=0

#99 10 years ago

I posted a little while back that I ordered the special paint for TFTC, which is mixed to be exactly to the DE specifics for the game. I thought I would show a fast pic pic of it, so others can see it is pretty spot on, especially for touch up. It's just the first coat, but I think you will get the idea. The "after" pic has some glare on it, but again, I figured it would be helpful.
--ed

Here is the link to the website that has the game specific paint: http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm#

image.jpgimage.jpg

#100 10 years ago

Seems like it took forever to get one but I'm finally in the club!!! Needs to be cleaned up a bit and had to replace a couple of lamp sockets but otherwise in nice condition and plays great.

tftc.jpgtftc.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.