image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 101.
#601 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Nice looking machine! GLWS!

Thanks!

#602 10 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

First thing to check would be the leaf switches behind this drop target. As it drops, it should close the gap between the two leafs which tells the MPU that the target has dropped.
Check that the gap is narrow enough so that the switch closes when it drops but not too narrow that it's always making contact. You can clean the switch with a business card as well.

Mine is doing the same thing, do I need to completly remove the center drop targets to do this? I cant seem to see anything wrong with it while installed.

#603 10 years ago

Well a good place to start would be to go in the switch test and see if it actually registers when the target drops. If you see that it's always registering your problem is that the gap in the leaf switch is too narrow.
If it never registers it could be that the gap is too wide or dirty - to double check you could just jumper the two wires together and see if that does the trick. If not, the problem is upstream somewhere.

As for if you have to remove it to do these checks, I'm not sure, I don't have the machine with me. I'd think you don't but, just raise the PF and see what you can access. It's easy to remove if you do have to do it.

#604 10 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Well a good place to start would be to go in the switch test and see if it actually registers when the target drops. If you see that it's always registering your problem is that the gap in the leaf switch is too narrow.
If it never registers it could be that the gap is too wide or dirty - to double check you could just jumper the two wires together and see if that does the trick. If not, the problem is upstream somewhere.
As for if you have to remove it to do these checks, I'm not sure, I don't have the machine with me. I'd think you don't but, just raise the PF and see what you can access. It's easy to remove if you do have to do it.

Thanks for the info. Mine never registers, ill try and get a better look at that switch.

#605 10 years ago

Obviously a newb question but does anyone have a suggested method for switching out one of the lamps under the drop target? I was able to remove with crazy dexterity but going back the other way is proving nearly impossible by hand while installed. Prefer not to remove the assembly, not a professional...

#606 10 years ago

Have you tried using a long nose pliers? I find it helps in a lot of locations. Someone sells a special bulb extractor (can't remember who) pliers with paddle like blades that would work too I'll bet.

1 week later
#607 10 years ago

Finally got to Crypt Jam for my first time since owning the game, a little over a year ago. Got a good score of 501,970,350 but not enough for my top records in game without getting Crypt Jam. I believe the goal Crypt Jam bonus I got was 85,000,000. Just curious as the balls were flying around I glanced up on screen and saw cyrpt keeper saying crypt jam with score but only noticed the background sound to be very weak. Is thus correct as the song was not like the album with his lyrics. Just curious or if anyone had video so I can see what happened now that I finally done it so it's ok for me to view. Just had a feeling I was going to do something special on my first game today.

#608 10 years ago

Congrats on getting CJ, that is really hard to accomplish--still trying and have not yet gotten even close...

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Congrats on getting CJ, that is really hard to accomplish--still trying and have not yet gotten even close...

What I found...

Looser tilt will help you a lot so you can save the middle drains and kick the ball out of the side drains.

If you have a cliffy protector on the scoop, remove it. It tends to make the shot harder.

On my machine, the right orbit second switch was not working well so it made it harder to light up the Creature Feature. I replaced the switch.

#610 10 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

If you have a cliffy protector on the scoop, remove it. It tends to make the shot harder.

I was thinking this might be the case on my machine. The creature feature hole is so tight. On all my other machines I've dialed in most of the shots but can't get this one consistently for the life of me.

#611 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I was thinking this might be the case on my machine. The creature feature hole is so tight. On all my other machines I've dialed in most of the shots but can't get this one consistently for the life of me.

You and me both, and that makes the chances of getting to CJ almost impossible... Anyone have any tips on making this shot consistently?

#612 10 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You and me both, and that makes the chances of getting to CJ almost impossible... Anyone have any tips on making this shot consistently?

Try hitting it from bottom right flipper more as if worked for me when I just recently got there.

#613 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Try hitting it from bottom right flipper more as if worked for me when I just recently got there.

That's how I usually get it. Unfortunately it seem that the geometry of the table makes it impossible to hit it from a cradle on my machine. It's usually a rolling shot and it's tough to ensure consistent velocity and ends up being a flailing brickfest.

#614 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I was hoping you had a mystery shot that was easy to replicate--the bottom right flipper shot is a tough one to hit consistently. I watched the PAPA video and that is how it was done--but that guy (maybe Bowen?) is way better than I am...

#615 10 years ago

I always have luck feeding the upper right flipper and taking the shot from there. The ramp is a good backboard for that shot IMHO.

#616 10 years ago

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I've been experimenting with the best way to get the ball to the left flipper so I can try that shot more often.

#617 10 years ago

I've made it to crypt jam a number of times on three ball, and for me it's all about being able to hit the orbits at will to light the next creature feature and then the upper right flipper shot. I'll still sometimes let the ball bounce from left flipper to right if center scoop is lit and I'm feeling good with my shots but hitting it from the bottom right flipper with the cliffy is a real low percentage shot and leads to some funky bounces and drains. The PAPA tutorial was hitting it consistently, from the bottom right but that was without the cliffy and the dude was flat good, he even made it from the bottom left which is a damn near impossible shot. To me, it's better off trying to hit the center spinner with the left flipper and have it feed the upper right flipper. Also the right orbit shot will often return it to upper right flipper. The times I've made it to crypt jam I've ignored everything else except for the orbits and the center scoop and tried for that. One of the most challenging games out there to me. Making them all is far tougher for me than getting lost in the zone on TZ.

#618 10 years ago

Thanks for the advice, I'll work on it! And I agree, CJ is by far the tougher task than getting to Litz.

#619 10 years ago

If anyone is in need of a TFTC door handle for the shooter button, there appears to be a nice one in eBay at the moment--not mine. I don't know what they sell for, but at $350 obo, I am sure somebody might jump on it if it is needed to complete their game.

#620 10 years ago

Link ? Or did it go in 15 minutes?

Just would love to watch that auction.

#621 10 years ago

Regarding the door hand I think Matt over at Back Alley Creations is remaking them sometime soon.

#622 10 years ago

That went yesterday evening. It was up almost 24 hrs with 5 offers (I was one) then someone did a bin @ the $350, I believe.

#623 10 years ago

Hi All, does anybody have a scan of the apron cards they could send me? ,My cards are missing .thanks Tony

sorry if its already been asked.I didn't read through all 13 pages

#624 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Regarding the door hand I think Matt over at Back Alley Creations is remaking them sometime soon.

I surely hope so BR owes me one or banker. Either way I hope it's done for this game no matter what.

#625 10 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Link ? Or did it go in 15 minutes?
Just would love to watch that auction.

As another person mentioned, yes, it went already. It looks like the seller got the full $350 +$15 s/he that they wanted for the BIN. Hopefully it is going to a good home
Although, I imagine whoever is willing to shell out $350+ is likely going to be a "good home" for that item...lol

#626 10 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

That went yesterday evening. It was up almost 24 hrs with 5 offers (I was one) then someone did a bin @ the $350, I believe.

Yup, looks like the seller got the full $350 +$15 s/h. Glad somebody will be getting that rare part to help a machine in need!

#627 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Hi All, does anybody have a scan of the apron cards they could send me? ,My cards are missing .thanks Tony
sorry if its already been asked.I didn't read through all 13 pages

Are you looking for the ordinal TFTC cards, the cutom ones with the crypt keeper / custom artwork on it, or both versions?

#628 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Are you looking for the ordinal TFTC cards, the cutom ones with the crypt keeper / custom artwork on it, or both versions?

I didn't know there were custom ones.eather or both if someone has them thanks .Tony

#629 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I bid on it... the guy got it for 275$ + sh.
Hopefully the person who bought it paid that crazy money to mold it and do a repro... I had guys at my office to it for me in a 3D model that looks pretty good - if I ever get to it with all my other projects I might try to 3D print it, but if someone comes out with a repro for a reasonable price (275$ + sh being unreasonable IMO), I'd much rather go for that...

#630 10 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I bid on it... the guy got it for 275$ + sh.
Hopefully the person who bought it paid that crazy money to mold it and do a repro... I had guys at my office to it for me in a 3D model that looks pretty good - if I ever get to it with all my other projects I might try to 3D print it, but if someone comes out with a repro for a reasonable price (275$ + sh being unreasonable IMO), I'd much rather go for that...

If you'd be willing to send me the model, I'd let our objet30 take a stab at it. It would be printed in white, but would be a good way to see if it's a viable method. If I got really talented, I could try to match the color of mine as we'll by painting it...

#631 10 years ago

Well, I'm away from home for 6 months, so I'm kinda putting that project off until then. By that time, if nobody came out with a repro yet I'll start by triple checking the model and all the measurements on my machine at home, and then get to doing a prototype.
I'll let you know by then if you're still into it...

#632 10 years ago

I was looking for the apron cards.does anyone have, (or is willing to) scan them? and send me the files .it would be much appreciated. thanks Tony

#633 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I was looking for the apron cards.does anyone have, (or is willing to) scan them? and send me the files .it would be much appreciated.

You can download them for free from PinZach. Or better yet, have him print them for you! You can find them on his site. See this thread...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-to-print-and-mail-my-custom-cards-now

#634 10 years ago

Thanks for the link much appreciated.

#635 10 years ago

Sink hole lighting mod that I finished this weekend. Two led lights. The blue is always on, the red is synched up with the Creature Feature red insert. I added some side mirrors at the same time.

IMG_0041.JPGIMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0028.JPGIMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0037.JPGIMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0029.JPGIMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0030.JPGIMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0031.JPGIMG_0031.JPG

#636 10 years ago

looks cool...

2 weeks later
#637 10 years ago

That looks awesome!

#639 10 years ago

That door handle that was up a few weeks ago is back up, for anyone who missed it last time. ebay.com link: itm

#641 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's nice but not $350 nice.

Although, I might jump on it if I had bought a TFTC and it didn't have one...it's one of the coolest shooter handles, IMHO, and I just wouldn't be able to have a TFTC and not see the awesome handle on it if it were mine...lol

yeah, the price is a little pricey, but it's one of those items that is only made for the one game and thereof it isn't like there is a bunch of interchangeable stock for it, like there are for DMD screens, coils, Etc

All that said, I'm glad mine had/has it's handle, so I don't need to worry much about this

#642 10 years ago

And I agree, I'm surprised the TFTC handle has not been reprod yet

#643 10 years ago

Has anyone tried to make a chrome edition so far? Just set up mine yesterday again and thought it would fit quite nice with high gloss lockdownbar and siderails?

#644 10 years ago

Put some Mirrored Blades on my TFTC this weekend. It really made the playfield pop with the LED's and all, really brightened things up. I would highly recommend this mod. This pin has an awesome light show!!

#645 10 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Put some Mirrored Blades on my TFTC this weekend. It really made the playfield pop with the LED's and all, really brightened things up. I would highly recommend this mod. This pin has an awesome light show!!

Pics? I've been debating about putting some on mine, but wasn't sure how'd they look. I think doing the black mirror blades would be awesome, but it doesn't seem like they're available for DE games; unless I'm missing something somewhere.

#646 10 years ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Pics? I've been debating about putting some on mine, but wasn't sure how'd they look. I think doing the black mirror blades would be awesome, but it doesn't seem like they're available for DE games; unless I'm missing something somewhere.

I'll post some tonight. I put blades on 3 other pins over the weekend, TZ, FH and T2 but TFTC was
the most dramatic. got a great deal on blades so I did 4 pins

#647 10 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

I'll post some tonight. I put blades on 3 other pins over the weekend, TZ, FH and T2 but TFTC was
the most dramatic. got a great deal on blades so I did 4 pins

Sweet, can't wait to see them! I was thinking mirror blades + black light mod would make it really pop. I still need to get around to building my custom topper as well. I only want to do a few mods to mine and not go too overboard.

#648 10 years ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Sweet, can't wait to see them! I was thinking mirror blades + black light mod would make it really pop. I still need to get around to building my custom topper as well. I only want to do a few mods to mine and not go too overboard.

Here's the pics with the mirrors, camera really won't do it justice, blurry without the flash

crypt5.jpgcrypt5.jpg crypt2.jpgcrypt2.jpg crypt4.jpgcrypt4.jpg
#649 10 years ago

Looks very cool--where did you get these?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.