image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 101.
#551 10 years ago

NICE!!! and you even got a key fob.

#552 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

Did u have it on 3 balls when u got crypt jam?

I ended up reaching a few more Crypt Jams yesterday. I do have the game on 3 balls, but I have a very loose tilt.
Still, once I get there, the Creature Features no longer registers so the only thing to for for at this point are multiballs and jackpots.

Some more technical questions.

- Has anyone had some problems lifting the playfield? On my machine, I need to lift the very back of the playfield because it does not easily slide forward. Along the same lines, I found the L-shaped hardware that's supposed to hold the playfield against where the lockbar is to be weak and easy to bend. Has anyone replaced these with something stronger?

- What's the story on backhands? I would like to be able to backhand both ramps, but neither flippers can do this. Is this not normal, in which case I should probably rebuild the flippers? Is this normal, but can be corrected with slightly stronger flippers? On multiballs, I think you could backhand the right ramp when you cradle two balls, which would make the double jackpot more easily reachable since the shot from the left flipper is pretty tough.

#553 10 years ago

Just posted a video about my faulty Jurassic Park ball trough and how to fix it... TftC often has this same issue. Thought you might like to check this out.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-ball-trough-fix-video-jplahtftctommywwfrrgnr

#554 10 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

- What's the story on backhands? I would like to be able to backhand both ramps, but neither flippers can do this

I have thought about this too.
I have back handed the right ramp a few times but it was always off an out of control ball that was comin' in hot.
I wouldn't be shocked if they only registered as trick shots that couldn't make it up and over.
The left looks impossible to me. It's a way mellower grade up a much longer ramp and the angle doesn't make sense.

Keep in mind I do have rebuilt flippers with black rubbers, my coil pulse as high as it can go to get the pops going so I have a chance at completing Horror Pops, and she's level but as steep as possible.

hope that helps

#555 10 years ago

Mine can backhand the right from a caught ball but not the left. I also have the coils up as hard as they can go

#556 10 years ago

Ok, this helps a lot. I am able to back hand the right ramp with a moving ball. I will try to see if I can adjust the coil strength. Again, the advantage of having strong flippers is that you can backhand both ramps, and with two craddled balls, from the right you can shoot the right ramp almost straight up, and from the left you can hit the captive ball. Or so I think, on my machine.

If I feel adventurous, I might rebuild the flipper with slightly stronger coils - if the adjustment does not do the trick.

Still no response on the second round of Creature Features not registering... Oh well.

#557 10 years ago

My TFTC plastics came in last night, and I started messing around with comparing the new and old, and doing some installation. I was wondering what others feel about the plastics, if anyone notices differences, likes/dislikes,etc

#558 10 years ago

Just got mine in yesterday. Will get the old one out that I promised Pinhead76 hopefully this weekend.

#559 10 years ago

well satisfied with plastics but i m wondering why they made only one red halfmoon drop target plastic but 2 top red drop target plastics... halfmoon one is often broken on most of games, top one, pretty rare!
but plastic set is very good quality and thicker than original...

#560 10 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Just got mine in yesterday. Will get the old one out that I promised Pinhead76 hopefully this weekend.

I was just about to send you a PM asking how you like the new ones. You sir, are awesome! Thanks!

#561 10 years ago

Hey Kevin, when might you ship some plastics to Marco--I'm sitting on an order waiting for them to come in. Marco has no idea when they might arrive.

#562 10 years ago

Is anyone who purchased the CPR plastics willing sell their skill shot plastic above the drop targets? I need one for my game, but was hoping to not have top buy the whole set from CPR just to get that one piece.

Thanks.

#563 10 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Is anyone who purchased the CPR plastics willing sell their skill shot plastic above the drop targets? I need one for my game, but was hoping to not have top buy the whole set from CPR just to get that one piece.Thanks.

I need one too but will probably get set eventually to be safe and use to replace when game is completely cleaned.

#564 10 years ago

Sounds like that one could use a plastic protector. Anyone have the ability to make a bunch of them? I know I'd buy one.

#565 10 years ago

Got a crypt jam for the first time. My high score so far.PC120014.JPGPC120014.JPGPC120015.JPGPC120015.JPG

#567 10 years ago

I didn't even think Crypt Jam was possible. It is so hard to start modes for me on this thing, way easier going for multiball.

#568 10 years ago

does anyone have any tips on making the gravestone trigger more sensitive so i don't have to hit it so hard to trigger it?

#569 10 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

does anyone have any tips on making the gravestone trigger more sensitive so i don't have to hit it so hard to trigger it?

Ya that’s a bitch to get at .. And needs to be adjusted manually you might even have to remove it to do it then reinstall it. try it and repeat. Till it’s right, if it’s too sensitive the shaker motor will activate it..it helps if you have a leaf switch adjuster.

#570 10 years ago

My tombstone is sensitive, most hits if direct and hard register two letters. Makes the game a bit easier for me which is good since I suck.

#571 10 years ago

So, for anybody who got the repro plastics set, have you noticed any difference in the colors, and/or the ink of the repro set be a little "thinner," which allows the light to come through a little differently?
I am not trashing the repro set, they look great overall, and I am VERY happy to have them! but I am just curious to see if anyone else noticed this! or if it is just the set I got.
--Ed

#573 10 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

I ended up reaching a few more Crypt Jams yesterday.
Still, once I get there, the Creature Features no longer registers so the only thing to for for at this point are multiballs and jackpots.

This is a known issue with early ROMs.
Update to the latest code to fix this.
Also, the Door Prize video mode is updated to be random and can award a Special.

#574 10 years ago

Thanks movingpictures. I was starting to think this was going to remain a mystery.
My Door Prize video mode already seems random though.

#575 10 years ago

I believe the early ROM has a set pattern you can figure out for the Video Mode.
Also, I can confirm the updated rom fixes the crypt jam issue.
I have updated the rom on my game and am able to restart modes after crypt jam.

#576 10 years ago

Just finished shopping my game and really enjoying it. The DMD animations are great, even in todays' standards.

Just had a drop target snap arghh!

#577 10 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Just finished shopping my game and really enjoying it. The DMD animations are great, even in todays' standards.
Just had a drop target snap arghh!

&

#578 10 years ago

My TFTC is for sale / Trade if anyone is looking for one.

#579 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My TFTC is for sale / Trade if anyone is looking for one.

Didn't you only recently get your TFTC?

#580 10 years ago

Does anyone know of a TFTC on location, so that anyone who doesn't have a TFTC in his/her home collection can go and check out and enjoy? I have yet to see one in the wild.

#581 10 years ago

For Bay Area residents, I saw one at Ghost Golf in Walnut Creek months ago.

#582 10 years ago

Yeah just didn't enjoy playing it that much so decided to try to get it to someone who would enjoy it. Love the art animations layout etc....gameplay just isn't for me though.

#583 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah just didn't enjoy playing it that much so decided to try to get it to someone who would enjoy it. Love the art animations layout etc....gameplay just isn't for me though.

Got yah! Bummer the game wasn't a hit for you, but I agree on letting a pin go, if I don't 100% love, so someone else who does love the title can enjoy it.
Do you have another title already in your sights?

#584 10 years ago

Honestly no that's the hard part. Maybe JP.

#585 10 years ago

Happy almost New Years, guys! Love me some TFTC. Had mine for over 13 years now. 1.8 billion HSTD. Play it like a fiddle. Think I'll go play now....

#586 10 years ago

Me too! Haven't ordered parts in ages. Best place these days?

#587 10 years ago

Crap! Tied to quote post about broken drop target. Best place to buy these days?

#588 10 years ago

I had a broken one I had to replace as well, I don't remember finding and original Data East one - I had to settle for a Stern which I buffed down to size (the width of the target was different but the height was the same - the rest of the part is identical).

#589 10 years ago

I just got mine fixed up by a tech. A cap needed replacing on the power supply. Worked out fine, great guy.
Now my trough is acting up and the only I can't seem to adjust the center guillotine enough to register.
It drops but the switch won't activate any scoring.
It's just a small connection behind/underneath the targets when you have the pf up right?
I'm leaving it alone until I have time to resolve it but the drop targets reset three times.
All three pop up on the first but It kicks two more times.
Now I'm assuming this is a controlled reaction so that coil doesn't blow trying to get the middle target to register?
If anyone has had a similar problem I'd love to hear about it, I'm new to this and I appreciate it.

#590 10 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

I just got mine fixed up by a tech. A cap needed replacing on the power supply. Worked out fine, great guy.
Now my trough is acting up and the only I can't seem to adjust the center guillotine enough to register.
It drops but the switch won't activate any scoring.
It's just a small connection behind/underneath the targets when you have the pf up right?
I'm leaving it alone until I have time to resolve it but the drop targets reset three times.
All three pop up on the first but It kicks two more times.
Now I'm assuming this is a controlled reaction so that coil doesn't blow trying to get the middle target to register?
If anyone has had a similar problem I'd love to hear about it, I'm new to this and I appreciate it.

First thing to check would be the leaf switches behind this drop target. As it drops, it should close the gap between the two leafs which tells the MPU that the target has dropped.
Check that the gap is narrow enough so that the switch closes when it drops but not too narrow that it's always making contact. You can clean the switch with a business card as well.

#591 10 years ago

I just picked up my TFTC yesterday. What an incredible machine.
TFTC.jpgTFTC.jpg

#592 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Welcome aboard. I have had several pins and this is one of the most fun. Relatively simple but with two hard objectives (Monster Jackpot and Crypt Jam) that force you to focus on getting key shots right. Love the theme. The best Data East for me.

#593 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

TFTC.jpg 247 KB

It's always a crowd pleaser. The pf really lights up nice with a couple of Pinballbulbs double spot lights with purple bulbs. I put one on the top post of each sling and probably one or two more other places. Now it's very playable in a dark room but could use a little more.

#594 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Does anyone know of a TFTC on location, so that anyone who doesn't have a TFTC in his/her home collection can go and check out and enjoy? I have yet to see one in the wild.

When I went to the Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH about 1.5 years ago they had a TFTC out. Their web site still shows it. Definitely worth a trip if you are in the area (an hour or so from Boston), but you might want to call to confirm opening hours and if the game is on the floor.

http://www.pinballwizardarcade.com/

#595 10 years ago

So I had a few friends over on Friday night and be played the crap out of TFTC. I pulled the glass off the next day to clean up the PF a bit and noticed a pile of metal shavings right next to the post to the left orbit. Does anyone know what would cause this or is there a mod to prevent this from happening? I pulled out the balls and examined them and none of them appear to have any chips in the metal.

#597 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So I had a few friends over on Friday night and be played the crap out of TFTC. I pulled the glass off the next day to clean up the PF a bit and noticed a pile of metal shavings right next to the post to the left orbit. Does anyone know what would cause this or is there a mod to prevent this from happening? I pulled out the balls and examined them and none of them appear to have any chips in the metal.

Some pics would help troubleshoot this.

#598 10 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Some pics would help troubleshoot this

Already cleaned up the metal. If it happens again I'll take some pics and post them.

#599 10 years ago

If anyone is looking for a TFTC I am selling mine. It is located in Tucson, AZ. The marketplace ad is here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/10243

I only have room for two pins so I am looking to change things up.

#600 10 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

If anyone is looking for a TFTC I am selling mine. It is located in Tucson, AZ. The marketplace ad is here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/10243
I only have room for two pins so I am looking to change things up.

Nice looking machine! GLWS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 18.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 18.95
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.