Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jforderer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

had a problem with tombstone not going up or down. finally got a tech in and we replaced corroded connector on the cpu that fires the tombstone, removed double A battery holder, soldered in a new lithium battery holder. machine worked like a dream after the repair. been a week now after the repair and we have been playing it every day with no problems. last night all of a sudden the left flipper stops working. can get the left flipper to work if i hit both flippers at the same time but intermittently. wondering where to start troubleshooting?

#2 2 years ago

Check the obvious such as broken wires on the coil lugs. DE games also are known to have fuse clips that will break, so check that board mounted inside the left side of the cabinet.

#3 2 years ago

First I’d check your EOS switch. Clean it and make sure it’s making good contact.

I bet if you start a game and squeeze the switch closed and hit the flipper button it’ll fire.

#4 2 years ago

Also check the fuse holders inside the coin door make sure they aren’t loose. Please do it with the game turned off!

#5 2 years ago

TFTC is notorious to have issues with the flipper board on the cabinet (lower left side inside of cabinet).

Make sure the Led’s are lit when flipping and reseat the connectors to that board.

Components on the board tend to fail over time.

#6 2 years ago

thanks for all the input fellow pinners. so fired the game up last night and flipper came back to life. played a couple games with no issues so obviously an intermittent problem after she runs for a certain duration. checked the flipper board and all the LEDS are firing. EOS switches looked good from what i could tell etc. taking to my tech and he thinks it is a weak bridge rectifier but didnt tell me where. told me to pick some up. im gonna run the machine hard on the weekend and see if i can duplicate and go from there.

#7 2 years ago

Replace the EOS first. Very common problem for DE games of this vintage. They can look and test good but fail during play.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8 2 years ago
Quoted from jforderer:

taking to my tech and he thinks it is a weak bridge rectifier but didnt tell me where.

There isn't one on the flipper board.

Sounds like the EOS switch to me. Need to readjust it so the longer switch blade comes back to resting position and that you can see it push the shorter blade a bit. That way, you know it is making contact.

#9 2 years ago

I had a similar problem last year on my TFTC and it turns out that a transistor went on the flipper board. The flipper started to be more intermittent as you played longer (perhaps as the transistor warmed up) and after a few months of this the flipper just locked on. I replaced the transistor and problem solved. Not saying this is where you should start but just a possibility.

#10 2 years ago

I just updated my TFTC to 4.0 rom and can’t figure out to how set to free play! Anyone care to let me know I’d appreciate it. It’s not option 32 anymore and I’m stuck. Probably easy fix I’m just over looking it.

1 month later
#11 2 years ago

so here we are again. flipper was fine for 44 days and now happened again last night. just went dead after playing for half hour. coil doesnt fire, no leds on the flipper board. checked cab flipper button switch and every time i press the switch closes - checked with ohm meter. maybe it is like pbfan said with the transistor on the flipper board. ive got a buyer coming tomorrow......ugh! im gonna play with it tonite and see what happens. any other help today would be appreciated guys!

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sounds like the EOS switch to me. Need to readjust it so the longer switch blade comes back to resting position and that you can see it push the shorter blade a bit. That way, you know it is making contact.

Hold the flipper button in as you push on the EOS switch. If it fires, there is your issue.

#13 2 years ago

Hold the flipper button in as you push on the EOS switch. If it fires, there is your issue.

trying this as soon as i get home thanx

#14 2 years ago

u nailed it bro! thanx!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-left-flipper-all-of-a-sudden-stopped-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.