100_5023.JPG
100_5024.JPG
IMG_1636.JPG
IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_1622.JPG
tombstone_02.jpg
tombstone_01.jpg
.jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I finally got my TFTC that I have been waiting for from Game Room Guys. It arrived today, but sadly it's sitting all comfy in a stern box in my garage waiting for me to finish the house before I can get it inside.
We decided to paint the outside of the house, then it turned into the inside of the house and then it turned into lets rip out the carpets and put laminate down. So the rec room is full of stuff from the kids rooms with barely any room for me to play Gorgar.

As Tom Petty said...."The waiting is the hardest part"

Can't wait to get it up and running.

#2 11 years ago

Way to go, awesome game.

#3 11 years ago

I just got a TFTC too on Sunday! My first pin. Love it so far, I'm sure you will too

#4 11 years ago

Gratz to both you guys with the TFTC machines! Put up a pic or two when you get a chance...maybe what you paid if it does not bother you to share that info I mean. That is one great pin!

#5 11 years ago

Game Room Guys are awesome!

Grats on both Acampero and videobrain on getting their TFTC. An awesome pin for sure. Is your TFTC already LED'd out Acampero? I'm dying to see pics of one fully LED'd out.

#6 11 years ago

I think that I overpaid a bit $2800 including shipping cost to Los Angeles. It's been hard to come by decent pins in L.A. but I guess Im a noob so it's WHO you know.

The pics online looked really good and they were pre-shopped out so Im hoping that Game Room Guys do me good when I open the box and pull out the contents.

It's not LED'D...yet. But I do have my Cliffy ready to install so I can have some protected S*X with this baby! I guess that would be considered Necrophelia with this type of game though eh???

All kidding aside. I'm a super fan of the show and dying to get this setup.

On a side note, has anyone else had good exp with the Game Room Guys? Drbond?

Arn

#7 11 years ago

TFTC is easily one of the best "lower" pins out there. Bar-none, it is one of the best BFYB machines out there. Can't wait to see it! If you need any help taking things apart on it, let me know! I have some experience with it (playfield area mainly).

#8 11 years ago

Thanks NPO
I'll send pics as soon as its up.

#9 11 years ago

Congrats I really enjoyed that game and will probably buy it again someday.

#10 11 years ago

I had gameroom guys send me some custom arcade marquees about a year ago, Acampero. Even though they had sold out of a particular one, they went the extra mile to find me some new ones.

Cant wait to see pics of your Tales from the Crypt. Very good game. Maybe once people start to rediscover it, the price will unfortunately inflate. Its already hard as hell to find one to boot. Get one while you can I guess.

#11 11 years ago

I'm in the UK, I paid £950 for my machine, but that was including delivery and setup. Wouldn't have liked to try getting it in my house on my own!

Here's the only pic of mine I have to hand at the moment. No LEDs yet, still trying to decide whether I should make the switch or not.

.jpg.jpg

#12 11 years ago

I know the feeling, I bought a demo man and it's still in plastic

#13 11 years ago

Game Room Guys seem to have a great reputation.
Hurry up with the remodelling and let us know when you're set up.

#14 11 years ago

Believe me RCA1, I'm itching to get this bad boy setup.
We decided to convert the front room of the house into a rec room and get rid of the dining room table since we rarely used it. So we re-painted and ripped up the carpet to put laminate down. We also bought a couple of leather chairs and a 40" TV to go in there for the Roku and Wii. Throw in a pool table and get the pins and Neo Geo MVS setup and it should be really nice.

Videobrain, that's a good looking machine.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

TFTC is easily one of the best "lower" pins out there. Bar-none, it is one of the best BFYB machines out there. Can't wait to see it! If you need any help taking things apart on it, let me know! I have some experience with it (playfield area mainly).

At $2800, that's a mid-level pin. Much pricier than games like WPT, RS, etc.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from videobrain:

I just got a TFTC too on Sunday! My first pin. Love it so far, I'm sure you will too

I am looking for my first pin and this is the one I want. All I need to do is find one in Arizona anyone that can help I would truly appreciate. Is it good liek I remember playing from back in high school?

#17 11 years ago

I have been playing it pretty heavily this week and am not regretting purchasing it one bit. The layout is great, the rules seem like they will keep me occupied for a long time to come and the graphics and sound are really entertaining. The shaker suits the game really well too. I can see why some people would hate the sound fx and art, but you can't please everyone. I personally love both.

#18 11 years ago

Im getting it out of the box and setup on Saturday everyone! So get ready for some prelim thoughts and pics.

#19 11 years ago

If you love the theme Jack and you remember it back from high school, sounds like a no brainer. I love the show and even more so the EC books, so I'm a sucker!

Might start looking into that alt translite, since the artwork is straight up EC.

#20 11 years ago

I bet you can't wait Acampero. Hope everything goes well for you.

I am also a big fan of the show and the books. I even dug out the DVD this week with the episode on where Cryptkeeper is playing the machine at the start! Here it is on youtube

#21 11 years ago

DMD turned off when he's "playing" it. Wonder why.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from dieseldogpi:

DMD turned off when he's "playing" it. Wonder why.

Probably distracted from the emphasis of the scene.

Videobrain,
I'm really excited. But even more excited to get some room back in my house and put away the kids rooms that have been taking up all of the front room.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

If you love the theme Jack and you remember it back from high school, sounds like a no brainer. I love the show and even more so the EC books, so I'm a sucker!
Might start looking into that alt translite, since the artwork is straight up EC.

yes thanks for the info. I just want to play it again to make sure.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from videobrain:

I bet you can't wait Acampero. Hope everything goes well for you.
I am also a big fan of the show and the books. I even dug out the DVD this week with the episode on where Cryptkeeper is playing the machine at the start! Here it is on youtube
» YouTube video

I own the DVD's too and rememebr watching them on HBO but don't recall the Crypt playing the game. Wow have to check it out.

#25 11 years ago

Got it in the house. But.... The tombstone motor is not working properly, looks like it was hacked. I'll take pics this am.
Can someone please send me pics of their motor and switch assembly for their tombstone so I can see how it's supposed to look. Mine won't raise, it's permanently lowered. I took apart but I'm not sure how it's put together is proper.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 11 years ago

Oh no, that's a shame to hear! I can take some pics for you, but not until tomorrow I'm afraid. Put a picture up if you can so I know exactly what you need to see.

#27 11 years ago

video,
I appreciate it. Won't get to my pics til tomorrow evening, but its the innards of the tombstone motor assembly. The tombstone won't raise or lower appropriately.
Everything else is great, but thats a huge part of the game

#28 11 years ago

I snapped a quick pic. Please see. I want to see the inside of this, I think that mine is missing pieces. It was barely hanging on when I first got it with screws almost all the way out.

tombstone_01.jpgtombstone_01.jpg tombstone_02.jpgtombstone_02.jpg

#29 11 years ago

I'd contact Gameroom guys and let them know about it! I bet they send you a new motor or used replacement. This sucks as you been waiting to play only to find out it's not a 100%. $2800 then shipping costs which i'am sure pushes this pin over 3k. I hope it works out in your favor Acampero!

#30 11 years ago

There's not much to the assembly itself. The armature fits in a groove if I remember correctly, and I believe there is a small plastic piece (or rubber) that creates a snug fit. It's pretty obvious when you look at it. (not visible from your photos - it's on the other side of the metal bracket)

You should be able to move the motor shaft by hand. Mine was siezed up. If the shaft turns freely, check to see if you are getting voltage to the motor.

#31 11 years ago

I have the machine open now, but it's pretty hard to get a decent photo of the inside of the part. Mine looks slightly different to yours on top, looks like a cover is missing on yours or something. The insides are pretty simple though.

On my machine with working gravestone, I cannot move any of the pieces by hand. Either that or I'm not trying hard enough, but scared to do damage.

Here are a few photos - if they're not good enough then let me know and I'll try again, but all I have on hand is an iphone for pictures, and it's very hard to get a good angle on that piece..

IMG_1622.JPGIMG_1622.JPG IMG_1632.JPGIMG_1632.JPG IMG_1636.JPGIMG_1636.JPG

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

The armature fits in a groove if I remember correctly, and I believe there is a small plastic piece (or rubber) that creates a snug fit. It's pretty obvious when you look at it. (not visible from your photos

The armature does fit in the grove but super loose, like Im missing a piece to make it snug. I'll try and snap some pics of it tonight to show.

#33 11 years ago

This is all from memory, as I'm at work and it's been over a year since I've had any reason to get inside my TFTC.

But I think I ended up using a shooter tip rubber or something similar. Just pop it on the end and it snugs things up nicely. (edit - actually think I just put a small round post rubber over it and it fit perfectly)

Not gonna make a difference if the motor is shot, but I'd still do it when you fix it up. Good luck.

#34 11 years ago

videobrain, this helps quite a bit. I will take apart the assembly and snap some pics tonight.

It's getting voltage because the tombstone is trying to move but I think like I said earlier that Im missing something on the assembly.

I called Game Room Guys and they were completely helpful. They want some pics and said they will make good, so that's a relief, but I still want to look at it and see what I come up with.

BTW.... LOVE THE GAME!

#35 11 years ago

The arm should clearly move an inch or two when you engage the motor, as long as the arm is attached to the motor shaft. You are really dealing with basically a 3 piece assembly - the motor, the arm (which locks into the tombstone) and the tombstone itself. So there isn't much there to be missing.

If it's just sitting there kind of "grinding", I'd assume the motor is siezed up.

I think it took me about 15 minutes to pull and replace the motor. I'd remove the motor from the assembly, then run the tombstone test. It will give you errors because the switches aren't being made, but you should be able to look at the shaft on the motor and see if it is turning.

If it turns freely, you may be missing something or it's binding up somewhere. But if it just sits there "trying to move" - time for a new motor.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

The arm should clearly move an inch or two when you engage the motor, as long as the arm is attached to the motor shaft. You are really dealing with basically a 3 piece assembly - the motor, the arm (which locks into the tombstone) and the tombstone itself. So there isn't much there to be missing.

Hi examiner,
The arm is definitely not locking into the tombstone. If I spin the assembly then I can get the tombstone to raise and lower, but it feels like its not in correctly.

#37 11 years ago

Here you go, Acamp! Hope it helps - just took these now!

100_5024.JPG100_5024.JPG 100_5023.JPG100_5023.JPG 100_5022.JPG100_5022.JPG 100_5020.JPG100_5020.JPG

#38 11 years ago

You guys are the best!
Thank you for taking the time to do this.

NPO, if you aren't too squeamish, this is the part that I want to see the inside of the motor assembly.

See attached.

NPO_TombstoneMotor.jpgNPO_TombstoneMotor.jpg

#39 11 years ago

I ain't afraid - I dont think . I'm studying for an exam right now. Can it wait until Thursday ?

#40 11 years ago

Ha! Of course NPO. You are doing me a favor.
Study and then play pins... that is your agenda. I'm third fiddle

#41 11 years ago

OK,
I used the game's manual and did a little work on it and this is what Im coming up with.

It looks like I'm missing the nylon bearing, and had to flip the metal cam. Hoping the motor is good.

I've got a call tomorrow with the Game Room Guys to go over these, so cross your fingers. They are fully supportive to get this sorted out.

TFTC_Tombstone_schematic01.jpgTFTC_Tombstone_schematic01.jpg

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

OK,I used the game's manual and did a little work on it and this is what Im coming up with.
It looks like I'm missing the nylon bearing, and had to flip the metal cam. Hoping the motor is good.
I've got a call tomorrow with the Game Room Guys to go over these, so cross your fingers. They are fully supportive to get this sorted out.

Sounds like you are doing great in sorting this out and if Game Room Guys does the right thing that would be great! For us Pinsiders...can you do a small favor for us??? Get a flashlight and look inside the lower cabinet. I mean really look carefully for that small bushing and everything /anything else...please, pretty please If this story goes the way of the merchant saying, "It must have rattled off during shipping" it would be sad if not true. From what I remember reading, you paid top dollar for this pin. Little things are one thing but missing parts on a main game feature??? I bought a couple pins from a merchant called Barry and several forum folks were in a frenzy when I was missing a backglass lock and trim piece. All game functions were fine though Anyway, back to you...try to find evidence that this tombstone (mechanics) came apart after they shipped it Would help us all out down the road knowing if we should avoid a merchant like that!!!

Thanks and peace and best luck to you and the friendly folks here trying to help!

#43 11 years ago

Game Room Guys were very nice. Looks like it definitely rattled around during shipping. I found the motor cap deep in the cabinet. (I was looking hard to Pinballdad) but I did not find any evidence of the nylon bearing. They are sending me a new nylon bearing and some switches since it looked like the motor had some hack work to it. See pics.

Any advice on what I can use in place of the nylon bearing on the cam? As a test to make sure that's indeed what is preventing my tombstone from raising and lowering?

tombstone_03.jpgtombstone_03.jpg tombstone_04.jpgtombstone_04.jpg tombstone_05.jpgtombstone_05.jpg

#44 11 years ago

Do you still need pictures? Just let me know!

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'd love them NPO. Just to see what it's REALLY supposed to look like.

Arn

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Newpinowner...hook him up ok? I am in Alabama on a bus trip and if I asked my wife to do it I think she would get confused (not her fault, I am the mechanic. Anyway, I think...think...my Tommy mirror uses the same mechanics? Again, I think. I just got to my hotel and logged in here...pretty tired...Charlotte NC connect flights were a mess. Anway, I think I remember TFTC and Tommy using the same stuff...just can't remember where I read it. Need to search (query) this tonight before bed. If true, I would be more than happy to snap any photo you need when I get back to Michigan on Sunday.

Peace and hang in there bud! All machines have quirks...you will be so happy once sorted out. Even new machines need to be sorted out. My bud bought a nib ac/dc premium...he had a cannon motor go out, no biggie...received a new one in a day and never even had to send the bad part back to Stern. Now he has a PF blemish/flaw (nickel size black spot). He is waiting for Stern to ship a fully populated PF to him to swap out himself

Sooooo...hang in there...you will be fine You will impress many visitors with that game! Hmmmm, you already know that though

#47 11 years ago

He'll get hooked up soon. Had some issues while working on XF tonight that took longer than I expected. A 10 minute job became a 2 hour job real fast.

#48 11 years ago

<3

Love you guys! In a pinsider kind of way....

#49 11 years ago

Pinballdad you're right, Tommy seems to use the same mechanism too. See here - http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-TMY500-5742-01

I couldn't find any dismantled pics of the Tommy mirror either though unfortunately.

1 week later
#50 11 years ago

Any luck fixing it yet Acampero?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
$ 18.95
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 18.95
$ 26.50
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-in-the-house-kinda/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.