View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
3906091642176001d7c8388f12aace0e14fbbbe7_(resized).jpg
IMAG0523_(resized).jpg
IMAG0518_(resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Does your TFTC have these? Can they be lit to shine up on Tales sign?

#2 6 years ago

From what I have read, they were intended to be lit but the lamps were left out for cost/problem reasons. I think that they are in all of the TFTC back boxes. I know that they have been in the two that I have worked with.

I am sure that you could tie sockets in to the backbox GI and illuminate them. LEDs would solve any heat/power issues that may have kept them out of the production machines.

#3 6 years ago

Very few had them. Probably some export ones did.

I had one. Had an unused harness up there too, not supported in software. I put flasher sockets under them, and wired to the flasher inserts on the backbox door. Cool effect with the topper. Looked like something coming up out of the grave.

LTG : )

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

I think that they are in all of the TFTC back boxes.

No, most don't have them.

#5 6 years ago

We just sold one that had the inserts in the head. Would have been cool to actually light up the topper like JP.

#6 6 years ago

Lloyd did you tie into the un used harness?

#7 6 years ago

"Pictured in the listing is a backbox with five green inserts on the top. There were no lamps or other special lights mounted inside to shine through these inserts. We asked designer John Borg if special lighting was intended and if any of these backboxes made it into production. He replied:

I believe I had some GI and flash in the backbox. It would cast a haze on the big molded topper. Costed out (was eliminated) before production. I had one of the early 30 or so prototypes and don’t remember if my game had these inserts added to the top of the backbox or not. I’m thinking not. [The game pictured] must have been an engineering sample they sold."

From http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2493 I also previously had one and it was nice to see them in the top, I like owning unique/oddities in pins.

#8 6 years ago

The machine I had had them.
It was a reimport.

#9 6 years ago

So it looks like this was a sample game maybe.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from john041160:

So it looks like this was a sample game maybe.

I think that there were a lot more of them with these than people think. I have worked with a couple of different ones and both had the inserts. I doubt that I was lucky enough to stumble across two engineering samples.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

I think that there were a lot more of them with these than people think.

Everyone I've seen was a reimport.

So first ones shipped most likely had them.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from john041160:

Lloyd did you tie into the un used harness?

No, I ran new wires. The unused harness didn't go anywhere, either end.

#13 6 years ago

I'm picking up a reimport TFTC tomorrow at Pinfest. I can't wait to own this machine. I'll report back this weekend what I find in the backbox.

IMAG0523_(resized).jpg
IMAG0518_(resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

I used Comet's Matrix System to light mine. It took about 10 minutes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-wiring-the-green-inserts-on-the-backbox

3906091642176001d7c8388f12aace0e14fbbbe7_(resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago

Mine did have them and I used LEDs to illuminate them upward... It was a reimport.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

I'm picking up a reimport TFTC tomorrow at Pinfest. I can't wait to own this machine. I'll report back this weekend what I find in the backbox.

If this doesn't already have the new code by ChadH--you are gonna want it.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If this doesn't already have the new code by ChadH--you are gonna want it.

Thanks man. Luckily, it's ready to rock with the new code. One thing I'm most excited about is the fact that I can adjust it to not automatically offer you multiball on the 3rd ball. I feel you gotta earn something like that. No freebies here.

#18 6 years ago

I'll have to see if mine has them since it's a reimport.

#19 6 years ago

ChadH did a great job on the new code--almost plays like a different game now.

#20 6 years ago

Poll added

#21 6 years ago

Mine has a few cool mods.

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#22 6 years ago

not sure about the spider!

#23 6 years ago

I got my TFTC home from Pinfest and I am very happy to own this title, so much fun.

My game is a reimport. It has one coin slot for what I believe is a euro, but will do more research on that. The back of the cab has a certificate that it was distributed to Englad after production and there's a big white sticker inside the coin door that reads SPAIN.

It does not have the slots on top of the cab for the lights.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

I got my TFTC home from Pinfest and I am very happy to own this title, so much fun.
My game is a reimport. It has one coin slot for what I believe is a euro, but will do more research on that. The back of the cab has a certificate that it was distributed to Englad after production and there's a big white sticker inside the coin door that reads SPAIN.
It does not have the slots on top of the cab for the lights.

If you bought the only one I saw at Pinfest this weekend, that was a nice one. Only thing I noticed was how bent up the front of that cliffy was on the scoop.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

If you bought the only one I saw at Pinfest this weekend, that was a nice one. Only thing I noticed was how bent up the front of that cliffy was on the scoop.

Yeah that's the one. I'm very happy with it. I knew the guy selling it and actually secured it before the show. He already registered it for Friday before I officially gave him the money and felt it was only right to leave it there all day for others to enjoy before I took her home.

The only wear on the PF is at the creature feature scoop and the cliffy has been there for a while, so it's bent into those worn areas. I'm going to fix the scoop ledges first with bondo, then find a new cliffy or bend this one straight so it never happens again.

I have a few other questions about it like the speaker hum issue and half of my backbox GI is out. I'm going to post about this in the TFTC pinside club for advice.

#26 6 years ago

Enjoy I've been playing the hell out of mine.

#27 6 years ago

Here's some pics of mine

2 weeks later
#28 5 years ago

I don't think mine is a reimport.

#29 5 years ago

It is either a sample or has been brought back from overseas, as by all accounts the production games did not have green inserts in the backbox.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hartland, MI
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!