Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ChadH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

When I get to Door Prize mode and hit the right flipper it doesn't move to the right door. The left side works fine. Everything else on the game works great and I have to errors in switch test. Any ideas what could be wrong?

#2 7 years ago

Probably an improperly gapped leaf switch on the lane change on your right flipper?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Probably an improperly gapped leaf switch on the lane change on your right flipper?

Are you referring to the gap on the double leaf switch on the right flipper, or is there another leaf switch I don't know about that would control moving the door select to the right? Both the lower and upper right flippers work correctly.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from 1iblind:

double leaf switch on the right flipper

If you have double leaf switch on the flipper button, one is for flipper and one for lane change.

Easy to go into Switch Tests and close them one at a time to see which works or not. Might just need cleaning, adjusting, broken wire type of fix.

LTG : )

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you have double leaf switch on the flipper button, one is for flipper and one for lane change.
Easy to go into Switch Tests and close them one at a time to see which works or not. Might just need cleaning, adjusting, broken wire type of fix.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I thought a double leaf was for two flippers. When I partially push in the right flipper button the lower right flipper activates and when I push it all the way in both upper and lower flippers activate.

#6 7 years ago

You guys were right. It is the lane change leaf switch. When activated in switch test it fires both flippers but doesn't register the switch hit. I'll keep poking around.

#7 7 years ago

So, I've tried cleaning the contacts and making adjustments but I still get nothing from the lane change switch. Could it be wiring or something back at the boards?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from 1iblind:

So, I've tried cleaning the contacts and making adjustments but I still get nothing from the lane change switch. Could it be wiring or something back at the boards?

What does that switch do in switch test ?

#9 7 years ago

It doesn't register at all in switch test.

#10 7 years ago

Also the Right side end of stroke doesn't register.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from 1iblind:

It doesn't register at all in switch test.

Quoted from 1iblind:

Also the Right side end of stroke doesn't register.

Do they have a common color wire ? If so check that one first.

Anyway grab a meter and check each wire from switch to board in the head. The one that doesn't have continuity, follow along it and try and find the break. May be at another switch, or connector.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do they have a common color wire ? If so check that one first.
Anyway grab a meter and check each wire from switch to board in the head. The one that doesn't have continuity, follow along it and try and find the break. May be at another switch, or connector.

Yes, the EOS and the right flipper switch share a common color wire and it does have continuity.

I was trying to test continuity from the switches to their location in the backbox but I was getting confused by the colors in the cab, backbox, and what was listed in the manual.

In the cabinet the EOS on the right flipper has BRN-GRY and a BLU-GRY colored wires going to it but in the manual they are listed as GRN-GRY and WHT-GRY. When I jump the two wires (GRN-GRY and WHT-GRY) together at the CPU board I get the right EOS to register correctly in the switch test and it will select the right door during gameplay.

I'm not sure what to do from here.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from 1iblind:

Any more advice LTG?

From the CPU board to the EOS switch, you have a break. The wires aren't making a complete circuit.

And the wires may have been mixed up somewhere since the GRN-GRY and WHT-GRY work at the CPU. If you can't figure it out, I'd disconnect the wires at the EOS. and run new GRN-GRY and WHT-GRY from the CPU to the EOS.

#15 7 years ago

If it makes you feel better you aren't missing out on anything. The door prizes are predetermined and it doesn't matter which door you select the outcome will be the same

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

If it makes you feel better you aren't missing out on anything. The door prizes are predetermined and it doesn't matter which door you select the outcome will be the same

But what happens if he gets a high score?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 64.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-cant-select-right-door-in-door-prize-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.