• 32 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinmike
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DE_Playfield_Power_Board_520-5021-05_partial_schematic_correction2 (resized).jpg
DE_Playfield_Power_Board_520-5021-05_partial_schematic2 (resized).jpg
42772E99-96AC-4259-8115-4A4888591FB6 (resized).jpeg
2524E9C3-708B-4A34-912E-809D160EF00B (resized).jpeg
7F8E9CD5-6441-4F50-86CC-FD16C6C0AF90 (resized).png
60B71551-342E-4B6B-BDC4-DA8593052A4A (resized).png
ppb-F7.jpg
DE_Playfield_Power_Board_520-5021-05_partial_schematic_correction2 (resized).jpg
DE_Playfield_Power_Board_520-5021-05_partial_schematic2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Unfortunately, I need to resurrect this thread. I sold the game to a pinsider, he gets it home and F7 starts to blow again. The game was splaying perfectly the last three months, but once it was moved something seems to be causing the fuse to blow. He says it blows when one of the pops fires and I’m thinking it might be related to a flasher associated with the pops, since the pops aren’t on f7. The only flasher I think that goes off is the one in the center of the pops, but does anyone know if other flashers go off? Maybe something in the backbox or behind the backboard?Can he put the game in diagnostics and test each flasher and coil individually to see when the fuse blows, or will that not work?

Yes,He can put the game in diagnostics and test each flasher and coil individually.Just leave the high power on by pushing in high power tab in the coin door.

#18 6 years ago

Also it would be a good idea to replace that transistor too

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can you test a transistor using a multimeter, by for continuity between the metal tab of the transistor and the ground braid? If you get a buzz it's bad?

Yes you can and yes this is the correct way to test the transistor...Make sure the game is off when doing this

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Q42, which controls the scoop is bad.

Are you sure this is the correct transistor driving that coil?also the correct fuse in place?

#24 6 years ago

From looking at the chart Q42 also drives 1 insert and 3 flashers,A flasher can cause a fuse to blow and blow that Q42 transistor also.

#25 6 years ago

Your dealing with 4 issues here and they have to be checked,The Q42 transistor,the scoop coil(I dont think the scoop is the problem because you removed it and the fuse still blew).The 3 flashers(I suspect its one of these flashers is the problem,one of them is touching a piece of metal probably).One insert(I dont think its the insert).

#27 6 years ago

Is that the same game?The chart doesn't show flasher location.Do you a pic showing location of those flashers?

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Well, I can’t say that I understand how this was fixed or what caused it, but new owner says that while q42 was blown, fixing it didn’t resolve the problem and f7 was still blowing. The tech said q3 and F8 were also blowing and replacing them ultimately fixed the issue. I have no idea how q3, which is 50v and for the flippers, has anything to do with F7, but I’m at least glad the guy now has his game working.
I’m still also baffled how it can be working perfectly the night before I meet the guy, then he gets it home and all he’ll breaks loose, not to in any way fault the buyer. Only thing I can think of is perhaps vibration of the trip caused some issues, but otherwise I have no idea.

Weird crap happens when a pin is moved,It's trying to tell you NO i don't want to go to another home,I Love You!!! Hahaha!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 15.00
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-blowing-f7?tu=pinmike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.