Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC_Switch.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Having a problem with a missing ball issue with TFTC. After reading posts I thought I had found the problem. What I thought was my problem is not.

Here's the issue.

See the red circle around the most common problem switch that everyone ends up replacing. well it works sometimes.
When there is no 2nd ball in the trough (I circled it blue) the other switch works fine. When a ball is in 2nd position the other switch stops working(circle in red). I think this is causing my missing ball issue?
TFTC Switch.jpgTFTC Switch.jpg

Any Ideas? or is this normal?

#2 8 years ago

I'd go over all the ball trough switches first. Check if they are wired right. Especially the lone one on the end, that a wire isn't in the wrong spot.

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago

My TFTC does'nt have a plastic trough cover like your picture. Is that a stock piece?

#4 8 years ago

Everything looks good. If there is a ball in position 3,4,5 or 6 the switch works fine, only 2nd ball spot position-switch stops working. It's been playing fine. This problem just started.

#5 8 years ago

No mine dose not have a plastic cover. I just used the picture from another post to show where my problem is.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Sancarlosmike:

This problem just started.

Were you working on the game prior to this ? If so start there. If not, go to switch test, hit all the switches on the playfield - see if anything weird shows up there.

Check switches on ramps and stuff that balls could have shorted the wiring and lugs together.

#7 8 years ago

I tested every switch. Every one works. I was not working on it at the time this happened. I was in the middle of a game when it started.
I came to research it on pinside and found the most common problem. Which was the switch circled in red. I replaced it with a new one and it still was not working. it was just by trial & error I found that if a ball was in 2nd position it would not work. in fact. I hooked up my old switch that I though was bad and it works fine too, as long as there is no ball in position 2.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Sancarlosmike:

I tested every switch. Every one works.

And when you did this, did the right one report on the DMD, or a different one.

#9 8 years ago

Ok - Just went up and checked. It's not though 2 it's 5. I was counting the other way which would make it 2. My bad.

So when I hit though 5 switch it reads though 5 quickly then reads though 7.
when I hit though 7 it reads though 7 on DMD providing there is no ball in position 5.

#10 8 years ago

You have a switch matrix issue. Switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, or a short to switch wiring.

And it may not be where you are looking.

#11 8 years ago

I think I might have found it. The diode on though Ball 7 is testing open both ways.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 64.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-ball-trough-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.