View topic image gallery

TFTC.jpg
TFTC_plastics_fab_007.jpg
TFTC_plastics_fab_010.jpg
TFTC_plastics_fab_012.jpg
T.F.T.C_054.JPG
TFTC_Topper.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hello everybody, I just brought my T.F.T.C home yesterday. It needs 3 new pop up targets for the skill shot. It didn't come with a book so will have some re-search for what type of targets it will need. Also, does this machine have different kinds of topper for it? Just thought I would ask, and see what kinda price they would be..Thanks for your time.....

#2 11 years ago

These were the cheapest I had found http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=572. And as far as I know only one topper was made though there are several you could use instead. Here one on eBay http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=330902462643&index=8&nav=WATCHING&nid=09057269585. A bit pricey but they're becoming harder to find. Be sure you have the head room for it.

oh and congratz on the new game, you'll love it.

#3 11 years ago

heres a topper i made for my TFTC TFTC_Topper.jpgTFTC_Topper.jpg

#4 11 years ago

250 dollars for that topper...that's robbery...

Laseriffic guy on here is working on an aftermarket topper...hopefully it turns out good..

#5 11 years ago

I miss my TFTC! Still a great game, and still affordable! Congratulations on a good pin! You should have no problem getting replacement parts. As for a topper, check ebay?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

250 dollars for that topper...that's robbery...
Laseriffic guy on here is working on an aftermarket topper...hopefully it turns out good..

lol ya it is but saw one go for that a couple of months ago. Hell at that price I should dig out the one I got with my game and sell it. Where it's at now I don't have the head room.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

lol ya it is but saw one go for that a couple of months ago. Hell at that price I should dig out the one I got with my game and sell it. Where it's at now I don't have the head room.

I'll give you 50 for it haha...250 is stupid, although there are some crazy people in this hobby, maybe it will sell...

#8 11 years ago

I just bought bone flippers for mine yesterday at Little shop of Games' open house, happy happy joy joy.

#9 11 years ago

haha in your dreams. But really that's about all it's worth. I love how you did yous up Turboderf

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from adanac:

Hello everybody, I just brought my T.F.T.C home yesterday. It needs 3 new pop up targets for the skill shot. It didn't come with a book so will have some re-search for what type of targets it will need. Also, does this machine have different kinds of topper for it? Just thought I would ask, and see what kinda price they would be..Thanks for your time.....

Get 3 of these:
Stern/Sega/Data East White Drop Target
Price: $1.50
Product ID : 545-5048-01
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=572

and 3 of these:
Data East/Sega/Stern Drop Target Spring
Price: $0.75
Product ID : 265-5003-00
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1457

They are easy to replace.

You'll need to buy (or make) drop target decals.

RussMyers

#11 11 years ago

Can you also post a few pics of your TFTC at the drop target skill shot area? This generally gets pounded to death on TFTC and parts are often broken or missing.

RM

#12 11 years ago

I've got a file for the all TftC decals.
Please send me an e-mail and you get a copy too.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

#13 11 years ago

Hi all, thanks for all your replies........Sorry I haven't been on for a bit been busy cleaning the machine....RussMyers, I will post some pics soon of the area, all 3 targets are gone right at the same spot..Just order some new ones today, should have them tomorrow....Bone fingers flippers sounds cool, would like to see them..Up here in Canada..Ontario not many places to get the cool stuff...Talk soon and some pics coming soon..

#14 11 years ago

RussMyers, Hope this works..lol....But here is a photo of the area that we were talking about..The targets for the skill shot....The only thing I have to fix on the machine..besides new rubbers, and batteries...Not to bad for 1400 I don't think.

T.F.T.C_054.JPGT.F.T.C_054.JPG

#15 11 years ago

That's good - can you take a pic of a bit wider shot? I'd like to see more of the stuff above and around the drop targets.

Yup, they're broken alright

I know some guys replace the short sleeve and ring rubbers with one or two flipper rubbers behind those targets to reduce the chance of them breaking again.

Here's my TFTC:

RussMyers

TFTC_plastics_fab_012.jpgTFTC_plastics_fab_012.jpg TFTC_plastics_fab_010.jpgTFTC_plastics_fab_010.jpg TFTC_plastics_fab_007.jpgTFTC_plastics_fab_007.jpg

#16 11 years ago

RussyMyers, that is one sweet looking machine...Makes mine look like I found it in the dump..Your machine nice shine, lights everywhere then my pic...Dull....I will take some more this weekend and post for you to see..Have all new rubbers, and targets coming tomorrow...Then it might look something like yours .I will take different pics of it for you to see..maybe you could give me some ideas or tips on other things you did to your....Talk soon...

#17 11 years ago

Any way to make that plastic piece with the details on it for 2 mil scoring above targets as mi d does not gave it.

#18 11 years ago

I was going to ask the same question. My plastic piece under the 2 mil scoring is broken as well. I think someone was making a replacement awhile ago. I sent a pm but never got a reply. I think someone somewhere has a drawing of what is needed to cut a piece of plastic.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from jyfly:

I was going to ask the same question. My plastic piece under the 2 mil scoring is broken as well. I think someone was making a replacement awhile ago. I sent a pm but never got a reply. I think someone somewhere has a drawing of what is needed to cut a piece of plastic.

Yes someone on here did make it but I actually need the detailed plastic piece with art work on it as well. He does them in sets of ten and waits to fill orders I believe.

#20 11 years ago

I pm'ed him but never received a reply. I figure if I have a drawing of the measurements, I can make my own.

#21 11 years ago

Luckily my plastic above that have survived but several of my insert decals are rubbage. Does anyone know if there is anybody who makes those?

#22 11 years ago

Paging Robertmee.

RM

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from adanac:

RussyMyers, that is one sweet looking machine...Makes mine look like I found it in the dump..Your machine nice shine, lights everywhere then my pic...Dull....I will take some more this weekend and post for you to see..Have all new rubbers, and targets coming tomorrow...Then it might look something like yours .I will take different pics of it for you to see..maybe you could give me some ideas or tips on other things you did to your....Talk soon...

After lots of cleaning, polishing, and work, yours will look nice too.

RM

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from UCSBrandon:

Luckily my plastic above that have survived but several of my insert decals are rubbage. Does anyone know if there is anybody who makes those?

Let's see some pics of the damage.

Keep in mind, the original art was not decals. The text on the inserts was screen printed onto the playfield just like all of the rest of the art.

Decals can replace this, but it takes a lot of work.

Let's see what you've got.

RM

#25 11 years ago

Here's one of the wear spots. In addition to the wear on the letters I thought the two tone was due to insert `decals that were peeling off, but maybe that's the mylar wearing through?

TFTC.jpgTFTC.jpg

#26 11 years ago

UCSBrandon - that is wear through the clearcoat, and then on through the screened-on art.

Are those inserts dead flat level with the playfield or is there some lifting?

RM

#27 11 years ago

Thanks for the info RM. There are several spots with the two tone thing going on. All of them are dead flat level. Was hoping to wet sand them down and find some insert decals, but since its all just screen printed, guess it won't be so easy. The last owner did a few touch ups it looks like with a sharpie marker so while the game plays great its inserts are hard on the eyes!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from UCSBrandon:

Thanks for the info RM. There are several spots with the two tone thing going on. All of them are dead flat level. Was hoping to wet sand them down and find some insert decals, but since its all just screen printed, guess it won't be so easy. The last owner did a few touch ups it looks like with a sharpie marker so while the game plays great its inserts are hard on the eyes!

If you are feeling really ambitious you may want to swap in a new playfield. Currently on EBAY is the following TFTC playfield.

ebay.com link: TALES FROM THE CRYPT PINBALL PLAYFIELD NEW OLD STOCK A RARE OPPORTUNITY

Gord

#29 11 years ago

Thanks for the link gord. I saw that PF a month or two back on ebay and was tempted, but only paid $1,200 for the game (before the recent pinflation) so dumping a grand with shipping into a new PF while tempting probably won't happen. I'm more of a player than collector and don't mind a little wear, it's just some of those sharpied looking inserts are pretty embarrassing. I was hoping there would be a not too difficult fix but not looking promising.

#30 11 years ago

Scraping/sanding the inserts clean, applying a wet-slide decal, and then clear-coating over the repair is possible, with variants on technique.

Do a search for "insert decals" and similar and there have been threads on it. It can be done and look good and last.

I am not an expert in that class of playfield repair.

LMK if you need scans of inserts on my TFTC playfield, though yours looks intact enough to scan well.

RussMyers

#31 11 years ago

Thanks for the info Russ and the offer for the scans. Did a quick search for making them myself and it looks a little daunting seeing how i have zero experience at this but I think I'm going to try to give it a shot. (it couldn't possibly be as bad as a sharpied free-form T on the crypt, right?) Seems like there could be a market for someone who is good at doing this and selling them to newbs like me. Materials seem pretty cheap and i'd think the process would be easy after awhile if you got good and it and knew what you were doing.

Anyway, I'll PM you for the scans of the few inserts I need when I get home and take a look at which ones will need replaced. Very much appreciate the assist and info!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.