Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by dlbuller
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I recently picked up a TFTC that was missing the 1-way gate at the top of the orbit. After being unable to locate one, I contacted Cliffy to see if he would be willing to make one for me. Since he doesn't know me from a hole in the wall, I was surprised to find that he was willing!

I sent him an example from my friends' machine, and a short time later I received Cliffy's reproduction. It fits like a glove, and looks great!

If there is enough interest, I believe he may willing to make a run of them.

Thank you Cliffy, you are a great guy, and invaluable asset to this hobby!

Thanks again!

#4 12 years ago

Looks original. I hate that mod, taking off the gate. they should have kept the original.

#6 12 years ago

Holy crap, awesome camera! You should take some more 15mp close-ups.

#7 12 years ago

Great job, Cliffy!

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Thank you Cliffy, you are a great guy, and invaluable asset to this hobby!

That is very cool big +1 on that!!! When I was looking for the on ramp lift for TOTAN to the fireball magnet absolutely no one had a replacement for that part except for Cliffy. It worked flawlessly and I was and still am thankful to have a guy like Cliffy in the pinball community.

#9 12 years ago

Glad to help, Gabe, and I must say that mirror finish is from you buffing it out, not the way my heavy gauge stainless comes out of laser You did an excellent job on the buff for sure!
I'd say the harder part for me was making the wire gate. I bought a butt load of .64 full hard stainless music wire and lemme tell ya one mistake on a bend and you might as well cut it there and start over. No straightening and rebending this stuff!

In any case what I really need to know is whether or not this is something I should make as a stock item. I didn't run 30 pieces through laser as I usually do now. That one is entirely hand made so it's the *only* one. If there is a need, I'll make them in bulk. If not, enjoy what you got there Gabe and thanks for the encouragement from all!

#10 12 years ago

I need the gate right after the plunger/ball launcher. Mine is bent to crap. I would probably buy this though too

#11 12 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-1-way-gate-by-cliffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.