Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by genex
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Let's pick a date! (we all will not agree, but let's go with it)”

• July 24 8 votes
      21%
    • July 31 2 votes
      5%
    • August 7 7 votes
      18%
    • Does not matter 21 votes
      55%

(38 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_IMG_0141 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0143 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0118 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0140 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0134 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0110 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0104 (resized).jpg
    805A8BB1-29C7-4E56-818D-CECAB2CDBA95 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210724_222411 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0055 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0054 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0053 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0052 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0051 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0050 (resized).jpg
    There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 2 years ago

Everybody had a great time!! C U all at Dixon in Oct.!!

#152 2 years ago

Good times, thanks for making it happen!

#153 2 years ago

Had a great time. Loved Alien, Hot Wheels and having the opportunity to hang with folks, play new games and check out the venue. Thanks for putting this together. Hope to see you at PAGG.

#154 2 years ago

This was awesome! A big thank you for organizing the first pinball show of the year

I especially enjoyed all the home brew machines. Great themes and so much creativity!

#155 2 years ago

that was really fun - thanks again @drypaint! Forgot how hot it can get when you leave San Francisco! Here's a few snaps I took though I spent more time flipping and hanging out than anything!

pinball2021_0041 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0041 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0042 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0042 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0043 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0043 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0044 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0044 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0045 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0045 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0046 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0046 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0047 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0047 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0048 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0048 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0049 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0049 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0050 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0050 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0051 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0051 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0052 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0052 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0053 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0053 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0054 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0054 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0055 (resized).jpgpinball2021_0055 (resized).jpg
    #156 2 years ago

Thanks drypaint for hosting this. I had a great time. It was great to be able to spend some time with my pinball family

#157 2 years ago

Thanks Mike to you and your family putting on such a long awaited for, 1st pinball gig, in well over a year!

Nice to see many of my good pin-buddies... and sorry to have I missed a few as well.

Looking forward to the Dixon show in Oct. and many more to come.

Happy flippin!

Kerry

#158 2 years ago

I also want to thank The Flipper Room for putting on this event! Mike, his family and all the volunteers really worked hard to make this happen.

I was really pleased how complete the event/show went off. Everything was great!

Crumb made his debut here, so thanks for letting me show off all that COVID sequester work that was done. Many folks contributed to that project. He hopes to make Pin-A-Go-Go his second public showing!

#159 2 years ago

I had so much fun:
    So many killer games
    So many kewl homebrew games
    So many kewl pinheads.
    I got a beauty Star Trip from That One Mike (of like 10 Mikes there LOL -- Thanks for the deal Mang)
    I sold all the machines I wanted to sell.
    My friends from Santa Cruz bought their first machine and I delivered it after the gig. The wife almost peed her pants when I got it set up in their house on my way home.
    Mike's 8(?) year old daughter showed mad negotiating skillz and bought her first machine (Nip It) after talking the guy down from 800 to 650.
    I now finally understand the meaning of the phrase "grail game." It always kinda annoyed me because grail has a THE attached to it. Not to mention the word HOLY. However, I have discovered that the one true pinball machine does exist, and it's name is Escape from the Lost World. I have played and I have played and it has been determined. This is the Holy One.

Anyway, look/listen for a podcast (two!) coming soon from Uncle Pinball on the experience.
    I was gonna post pics, but Gene's are better!

This weekend was what pinball is all about for me. Thanks Mike and Kate!

It was a beautiful thing, but i really need a nap.

#160 2 years ago

Hi all! Just finished packing up and returning the parking lot to normal. I am glad everyone had a great time. Thank you everyone that helped make this happen and to all that made the trip to Concord in the heat. And to everyone who took pictures and have shared them. Kate and I were so busy we didnt take many pictures. I will post what I have soon. See you regulars on Tuesday night for league and the rest of you in Dixon in October. We will have a big booth there.

Cheers!
    Mike

#161 2 years ago

@fireball2... Phinley (10yrs) wanted that Nip It so bad. She made hats, pompoms, and jewelry while at home in Quarantine. She had sold tons of hats out of The Flipper Room during the winter and did very well at the swap meet. she used just about all that money to get that pin. It was an amazing ending to an amazing weekend.

IMG_20210724_222411 (resized).jpgIMG_20210724_222411 (resized).jpg
    #162 2 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

I had so much fun:
    So many killer games
    So many kewl homebrew games
    So many kewl pinheads.
    I got a beauty Star Trip from That One Mike (of like 10 Mikes there LOL -- Thanks for the deal Mang)
    I sold all the machines I wanted to sell.
    My friends from Santa Cruz bought their first machine and I delivered it after the gig. The wife almost peed her pants when I got it set up in their house on my way home.
    Mike's 8(?) year old daughter showed mad negotiating skillz and bought her first machine (Nip It) after talking the guy down from 800 to 650.
    I now finally understand the meaning of the phrase "grail game." It always kinda annoyed me because grail has a THE attached to it. Not to mention the word HOLY. However, I have discovered that the one true pinball machine does exist, and it's name is Escape from the Lost World. I have played and I have played and it has been determined. This is the Holy One.
    Anyway, look/listen for a podcast (two!) coming soon from Uncle Pinball on the experience.
    I was gonna post pics, but Gene's are better!
    This weekend was what pinball is all about for me. Thanks Mike and Kate!
    It was a beautiful thing, but i really need a nap.

Oh man. I’d never played Escape From The Lost World and I totally agree, great game! Of the two I played for the first time it was that one and Gladiators that are now on my radar.

The wife and I also loved Rick and Morty and Total Nuclear Annihilation, would love to get our hands on either of those!

#163 2 years ago

As always, the best part of the weekend is seeing friends, I’m fortunate enough that there are too many to all try and mention by name at this point, but if I was excited to see you yesterday know that you mean the world to me.

805A8BB1-29C7-4E56-818D-CECAB2CDBA95 (resized).jpeg805A8BB1-29C7-4E56-818D-CECAB2CDBA95 (resized).jpeg

#164 2 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

As always, the best part of the weekend is seeing friends, I’m fortunate enough that there are too many to all try and mention by name at this point, but if I was excited to see you yesterday know that you mean the world to me.
    [quoted image]

I love this picture!

#165 2 years ago

Thanks again drypaint for letting me come out and play some tunes! Hope everyone had a great time. I'm fairly new to the community so it was great meeting so many wonderful people to talk music and pinball with. Thanks to everyone who came by and bought a cd and shirt from me! Looking forward to seeing you all again at the next one! LIONMAN!

thumbnail_IMG_0104 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0104 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0108 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0108 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0110 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0110 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0118 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0118 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0134 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0134 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0140 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0140 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0141 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0141 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0143 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0143 (resized).jpg
    #166 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

Of the two I played for the first time it was that one and Gladiators that are now on my radar.

oh man, me and EJW had fun on Gladiators and Eric put up a massive score on that PAPA machine!

Quoted from jbovenzi:

Crumb made his debut here, so thanks for letting me show off all that COVID sequester work that was done. Many folks contributed to that project. He hopes to make Pin-A-Go-Go his second public showing!

Loved that as it was the first pin I saw at the event - thanks for sharing it with everyone!

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tfr-swap-meet-2021/page/4?hl=codhollandaise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.