Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by genex
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Let's pick a date! (we all will not agree, but let's go with it)”

• July 24 8 votes
      21%
    • July 31 2 votes
      5%
    • August 7 7 votes
      18%
    • Does not matter 21 votes
      55%

(38 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_IMG_0141 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0143 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0118 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0140 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0134 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0110 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0104 (resized).jpg
    805A8BB1-29C7-4E56-818D-CECAB2CDBA95 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210724_222411 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0055 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0054 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0053 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0052 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0051 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0050 (resized).jpg

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 41 days ago

I'm in! Sounds awsome!!!

#52 40 days ago

Keeping this thread alive as we approach July.

Do we have a starting time yet? (Unlike fireball2, I am NOT going to camp out in the parking lot!)

#53 40 days ago

I might bring a few cocktail pin projects.

#54 40 days ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I think that I might know when you decided that...

#55 40 days ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I think that I might know when you decided that...

Strange things must have been afoot in the jbovenzi garage!

#56 34 days ago

Hey folks... We are thinking 9am start time. Load in as early as 7am. Posted time will be 9am to 10pm.

Swap meet peeps and can basically stay as long (or short) as they want. I don't expect to see many swap people selling stuff between 8-10pm. I figure mostly pinball playing and $1 games will be going on.

We are still working on the food truck. We had two back out: one took another gig and the other is potentially taking a vacation. We are actively working to solve this asap.

#57 34 days ago

Here is a current list of games that will be available to play in the arcade (coin drop).

Aerosmith-Pro (Stern, 2017)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle (Spooky Pinball, 2018)

Alien (Pinball Brothers, 2021)

Avengers Infinity Quest-Pro (Stern, 2020)

Baby Pac-Man (Bally 1980)

Big Lebowski, The (Dutch Pinball 2016)

Centaur (Bally, 1981)

Deadpool- Pro (Stern, 2018)

Doodle Bug (Williams, 1971)

Elvira's House of Horros (Stern, 2019)

Flash Gordon (Bally, 1981)

Flintstones, The (Williams, 1993)

Gladiators (Gottlieb, 1993)

Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (Williams, 1993)

Joker Poker (Gottlieb, 1978)

Last Action Hero (Data East, 1993)

Mandalorian (Stern, 2021)

Paragon (Bally, 1979)

Rick & Morty (Spooky Pinball, 2020)

Space Invaders (Bally, 1979)

Star Wars (Data East, 1992)

Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World (Gottlieb, 1992)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-PRO (Stern, 2020)

Total Nuclear Annihilation (Spooky, 2017)

Twister (Sega, 1996)

TX Sector (Gottlieb, (1988)

Waterworld (Gottlieb, 1995)

Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory (JJP, 2019)

#58 34 days ago

As of now the pins that will be in the outside tents will be (but are subject to change):

swords of fury
    Rob Zombie's Spookshow
    El Dorado City of Gold
    Escape from the Lost World
    Black Belt
    Gorgar
    Algar
    Hotdoggin
    Skakeball
    Frontier
    Future Spa
    Ice Fever
    Triple Play
    Deadly Weapon
    Title Fight
    Class of 1812
    Harlem Globetrotters

And maybe a few more +/-

#59 34 days ago

drypaint I might be ready with my Gottlieb Jacks Open retheme project: Crumb. I would be happy to bring it, but just making sure that there is enough power for the under tent/outside games.

Please let me know if there is an open space. I can provide my own Eazy-up.

#60 34 days ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

drypaint I might be ready with my Gottlieb Jacks Open retheme project: Crumb. I would be happy to bring it, but just making sure that there is enough power for the under tent/outside games.
    Please let me know if there is an open space. I can provide my own Eazy-up.

I will make sure there is open space!

#61 34 days ago

As someone who has loved pinball since I was a small child, to only having discovered Pinside in the past year, having moved back to my home state after several years, and only recently acquiring my second (and then third) machine, I am so excited about this event! Getting to see machines I've never played, and meeting new like-minded people! I can't wait!

July 24th is however the day after the fifteenth anniversary of my wife and I. I think she's going to be willing to be dragged out to the event, and once she gets there I'm sure she'll have fun. But, if you meet me, and remember, please wish my lovely bride a happy anniversary. She's a trooper.

#62 33 days ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

As someone who has loved pinball since I was a small child, to only having discovered Pinside in the past year, having moved back to my home state after several years, and only recently acquiring my second (and then third) machine, I am so excited about this event! Getting to see machines I've never played, and meeting new like-minded people! I can't wait!
    July 24th is however the day after the fifteenth anniversary of my wife and I. I think she's going to be willing to be dragged out to the event, and once she gets there I'm sure she'll have fun. But, if you meet me, and remember, please wish my lovely bride a happy anniversary. She's a trooper.

Great date event. Does she have a favorite game? Maybe it will be there.

#63 31 days ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

I will make sure there is open space!

Thank ya, thank ya very much!

elvis thanks (resized).PNG
    #64 31 days ago
    Quoted from DavidCPA:

Great date event. Does she have a favorite game? Maybe it will be there.

Not sure she has a favorite game. A while back I mentioned that there was a Rob Zombie game and she couldn’t believe that and was very intrigued. Saw that on the list above and told her it should be there. She’s stoked to try that one.

#65 31 days ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

A while back I mentioned that there was a Rob Zombie game and she couldn’t believe that and was very intrigued.

Obviously a person of good taste. I have to admit that Rob Zombie put on one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

#66 31 days ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Obviously a person of good taste.

I mean she did marry me, so obviously her taste is questionable at best.

#67 29 days ago

This sounds awesome. If anyone has one, I'm looking for a cabinet and apron for a WPC widebody (Superpin) for a Demolition Man retheme project I'm working on.

#68 28 days ago

OK Boiz, I'm coming in hawt! I'm leaning toward renting a trailer and bringing a load of shtuff. Gonna gauge interest before I make the call, so here's the list in progress. I don't have prices yet, but we can talk. I just want to see if it's worth loading everything up. DM me for deets.

Machines:
    Catacomb. Been trying to work a trade but I think I'ma just sell it outright and bank cash for a wishlist machine. Pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pyu5b4s1Gwvnami38
    Big Daddy. No back for the head. BG a little tattered at the top. Plays like a champ.
    Fireball 2. Beat. Needs a soundboard (or fixing the one that it has) and a lot o f love.

Parts (to be continued)
    -set of 5 williams displays from Space Shuttle - used but nice
    -Space shuttle back glass (CPR brand new) (72Devilz has dibs, but I haven't heard back yet.)
    -coin boxes, mostly williams em, i think (5)
    -Indy 500 manual
    -Buccaneer manual
    -fully populated old gottlieb flipperless playfield - football themed
    -lots of old Bally displays in varying states of repair
    -space shuttle coin door-complete (with free play button in the center spot)
    -genie wiring harness complete- Yep, the whole thing.
    -all kinds of bally sdb boards for parts
    -bally mpus for parts - I think one of them might actually boot

#69 27 days ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

OK Boiz, I'm coming in hawt! I'm leaning toward renting a trailer and bringing a load of shtuff. Gonna gauge interest before I make the call, so here's the list in progress. I don't have prices yet, but we can talk. I just want to see if it's worth loading everything up. DM me for deets.
    Machines:
    Catacomb. Been trying to work a trade but I think I'ma just sell it outright and bank cash for a wishlist machine. Pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pyu5b4s1Gwvnami38
    Big Daddy. No back for the head. BG a little tattered at the top. Plays like a champ.
    Fireball 2. Beat. Needs a soundboard (or fixing the one that it has) and a lot o f love.
    Parts (to be continued)
    -set of 5 williams displays from Space Shuttle - used but nice
    -Space shuttle back glass (CPR brand new) (72Devilz has dibs, but I haven't heard back yet.)
    -coin boxes, mostly williams em, i think (5)
    -Indy 500 manual
    -Buccaneer manual
    -fully populated old gottlieb flipperless playfield - football themed
    -lots of old Bally displays in varying states of repair
    -space shuttle coin door-complete (with free play button in the center spot)
    -genie wiring harness complete- Yep, the whole thing.
    -all kinds of bally sdb boards for parts
    -bally mpus for parts - I think one of them might actually boot

Message sent!

#70 25 days ago

And the Catacomb is sold... To our most gracious host! Thank you!
    Still lots of stuff!

#71 25 days ago

gonna bring (or try and give to someone attending if I end up outta town on a photo shoot) some Dirty Donnie signed Aerosmith flyers if folks would like any? have like 4-5 left I think

#72 25 days ago
    Quoted from genex:

gonna bring (or try and give to someone attending if I end up outta town on a photo shoot) some Dirty Donnie signed Aerosmith flyers if folks would like any? have like 4-5 left I think

I would gladly take one if there are any left when the time comes, but I will let others take dibs before me.

#73 21 days ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Hmmm...

#74 19 days ago

We have two more games to add to the homebrew/retheme list at the event. Chris Dana will be bringing "Hopped Up" and "Green Out". Here are some pics of Hopped Up...

received_207854184558427 (resized).jpegreceived_415694546316371 (resized).jpegreceived_545006213531231 (resized).jpeg
    #75 16 days ago

I’ll
    Be there, look forward to seeing everyone,

Alex CCPL

#76 16 days ago

Arrived today! About to start carving space for next weekend in our homebrew/re-theme room.

IMG_20210716_152950_262 (resized).jpgIMG_20210716_152950_275 (resized).jpg

#77 16 days ago

OK... We have a food update...

Ofie's Kitchen will be here from 11am to 1pm

Black Oak Hotdogs will be from 1:30pm to 4pm

B-Burger-Menu-Ofies-Kitche-no-price (resized).pngC-Sides-Menu-Ofies-Kitchen-no-price (resized).pngFB_IMG_1626483577322 (resized).jpg

#78 14 days ago
    received_4368839816564939~2 (resized).jpg
    #79 12 days ago

I would like to get an idea as to who is bringing stuff/will need space for the swap meet. Here is who I have. If you are on this list, Please confirm. if I missed you, please speak up. There is plenty of room.

Disney Art on Main/ Alexanders Main St. Gallery (has 2 tents)
    APF-The Art of Picture Framing (has tent)
    jbovenzi
    ThatOneDude
    fireball2
    Zack Ellingson (brining 'Nip It' to sell, has a tent)

#80 12 days ago

I will be there and confirming here. I have two Eazy-ups that I will be bringing.
    Will have cabinets, boxes full of parts, playfields and anything else that I can find for the swap meet. Trying to reduce my pinball parts warehouse collection!

Jacks Open/Crumb is being worked on this week and will hopefully make its first public appearance! Last minute tuning done by the wonderful Andrew Harris.

drypaint I might have to make two trips. Is there a chance I can come up Friday night to drop some stuff off ahead of time?

#81 12 days ago

Yes, I'll need space.

#82 12 days ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I will be there and confirming here. I have two Eazy-ups that I will be bringing.
    Will have cabinets, boxes full of parts, playfields and anything else that I can find for the swap meet. Trying to reduce my pinball parts warehouse collection!
    Jacks Open/Crumb is being worked on this week and will hopefully make its first public appearance! Last minute tuning done by the wonderful Andrew Harris.
    drypaint I might have to make two trips. Is there a chance I can come up Friday night to drop some stuff off ahead of time?

Absolutely. If you can, bring the Crumb pin on Friday (and whatever else). I am setting up a hombrew/retheme room inside. I can place and level it. We will be there all day Friday setting up the large tents and arranging machines. fireball2 will be dropping off a trailer on Friday night too.

#83 12 days ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Absolutely. If you can, bring the Crumb pin on Friday (and whatever else). I am setting up a hombrew/retheme room inside. I can place and level it. We will be there all day Friday setting up the large tents and arranging machines. fireball2 will be dropping off a trailer on Friday night too.

Thank you! Coordinating with Andrew on Crumb and will be there with boxes!

#84 12 days ago

News flash... Don Highley will be bringing a Hot Wheels for all to play! and he has an extra NIB one for anyone who likes it enough to take one home. We will also have flyers for the Pin-a-go-go that WILL be happening in October.

HotWheel-Pinball-Flyer-2020-pdf (resized).jpg
    #85 12 days ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

I would like to get an idea as to who is bringing stuff/will need space for the swap meet. Here is who I have. If you are on this list, Please confirm. if I missed you, please speak up. There is plenty of room.

Anyone driving from SF? I have stuff to bring but can only bring some of it via bike/BART which was how I was planning to go (but want to bring a playfield and some other larger things if i can make it) - mostly some signed Dirty Donnie Aerosmith flyers if folks want one, a BKSoR playfield signed by Steve Ritchie, some displays for Stern electronics games (three working, one wonky one) and a few boards so not much space needed

#86 12 days ago

Anyone looking for a nice original SS Joker Poker backglass? I could bring it on Saturday.

Has a tiny bit of lift on the bottom. A little rub above and below player 1 and some rub around the shoot again.

PXL_20210721_023201220 (resized).jpgPXL_20210721_023203555 (resized).jpgPXL_20210721_023228284 (resized).jpg
    #87 12 days ago

I'll be there and have some cool items to sell at swap meet. I have my own table and could bring my 10x10 EZ up if needed.

Let me know.
    Thanks
    Kerry

#88 11 days ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'll be there and have some cool items to sell at swap meet. I have my own table and could bring my 10x10 EZ up if needed.
    Let me know.
    Thanks
    Kerry

Yes! You got it. Bring it on.

#89 11 days ago

Anyone that is bringing tents and hanging out, feel fee to bring coolers with your own refreshments. Let's stick to cans, and avoid broken glass issues.

#90 11 days ago

GiddyUp Cowpokes! This is getting Hugh Jazz! I will have a 10x10 ez up for my shtuff. Our host has dibs on the Catacomb, but I still will have a Big Daddy and mebbe a FB2 project (if I can drag it out of the back hut). Lotsa other good shtuff, Maynard. (See my post up above)

I'm thinking about bringing my Trident with the Arduino mpu, new rules with modes, and killer sound. I figger it's not quite a homebrew, so it'll be outside on freeplay under the tents!

drypaint: Thanks for doing this. People are jonesing hard for something like this.

Coming in hot.

#91 10 days ago

If anyone is interested in doing some Tommy Dollar friendly wagers, I might be persuaded to bring Oh Boy, which as genex and others will attest, is the perfect 2-player gambling machine. A few years ago at the GSPF campcade, more money went over the glass than I spent on the machine.

The rule will be that the game is on free play, but you hafta gamble at least dollar stakes with somebody.

#92 10 days ago

fireball2 you know I'm game - dollar games on that and others too! everyone bring $1s! I have some $2 bills too if folks wanna do some double or nothing or what not

#93 10 days ago
    Quoted from genex:

you know I'm game - dollar games on that and others too! everyone bring $1s! I have some $2 bills too if folks wanna do some double or nothing or what not

Yesss! I think I can find at least one Monterey Flipper Pinball Sack Dollar holder too... LOL. Possible collectors' item?

#94 10 days ago

Uncle Pinball hyping things on the podcast:

https://unclepinball.buzzsprout.com/

#95 10 days ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

GiddyUp Cowpokes! This is getting Hugh Jazz! I will have a 10x10 ez up for my shtuff. Our host has dibs on the Catacomb, but I still will have a Big Daddy and mebbe a FB2 project (if I can drag it out of the back hut). Lotsa other good shtuff, Maynard. (See my post up above)
    I'm thinking about bringing my Trident with the Arduino mpu, new rules with modes, and killer sound. I figger it's not quite a homebrew, so it'll be outside on freeplay under the tents!
    drypaint: Thanks for doing this. People are jonesing hard for something like this.
    Coming in hot.

fireball2 I will take back that Big Daddy from you. Since I'm working on a Heat Wave, I might as well keep two of these "reverses" around!

Let me know what you want for it and I'm sure we can work out a deal/trade!

Thanks!

#96 10 days ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

We have two more games to add to the homebrew/retheme list at the event.

Chris Dana has asked me if I'd like to bring my retheme to the event. Is there room If I decide to bring it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-night-rider-ss-re-theme

Robert

IMG_20210722_081043243 (resized).jpg

IMG_20210722_081125135 (resized).jpg

#97 10 days ago
    PXL_20210722_151921851~2 (resized).jpg
    #98 10 days ago
    PXL_20210722_151644558~2 (resized).jpg
    #99 10 days ago
    PXL_20210722_154943569 (resized).jpg
    #100 10 days ago

I don’t think I will really have anything to bring and sell, but I’m SUPER STOKED to see friends!

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside