Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by genex
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Let's pick a date! (we all will not agree, but let's go with it)”

• July 24 8 votes
      21%
    • July 31 2 votes
      5%
    • August 7 7 votes
      18%
    • Does not matter 21 votes
      55%

(38 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_IMG_0141 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0143 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0118 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0140 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0134 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0110 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0104 (resized).jpg
    805A8BB1-29C7-4E56-818D-CECAB2CDBA95 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210724_222411 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0055 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0054 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0053 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0052 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0051 (resized).jpg
    pinball2021_0050 (resized).jpg
    There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 2 years ago

Hi everyone. This will be the place for us to shoot off ideas, plan, chat and get the ball rolling for the swap meet at The Flipper Room. In case you are not familiar with how this came about, here goes...

I have been planning a small weekend sale in the parking lot at The Flipper Room with Disney Art on Main, Alexanders Fine Art Gallery, and a local artist for July 24th. Recently jbovenzi mentioned he was interested in finding a local spot to have a pinball parts swap meet. I immediately figured we should combine this into a mini GSPF get together kind of thing (I am not affiliated with GSPF and do not speak for them, but Cheddar does and he digs the idea and will be helping "us" ). So, in a nut shell that is how this came about. I would like to work together on this. Its about the community safely getting together after the funk that just swept through our globe.

We are here to discuss things and changes may ensue based on the group (Just know I have the ultimate say because I hold the liability and resources), but here are some basics you can expect... The Flipper Room gallery and arcade will be open for your enjoyment. We have over 30 pins inside. Currently thinking I will leave inside games on coin play instead of having to charge an entry fee. Outside will have a large event tent with machines on FREE play. Not sure how many we can fit in one tent but thinking maybe 20 pins outside (+/-), even if there are multiple tents. Maybe you pay $5 to get a pinball wristband that allows you to play the outside games and helps us make a few bucks to to deal with everything that comes with this (open to ideas). The swap meet people can set up in the parking stalls. They are clearly marked and it will make it easy to delineate spaces. I will talk to the food truck people down the street about providing food during our event. Vernisious was kind enough to offer his support in this department should we need it.

We will be doing something to benefit the pinball museum. Lets support this as much as we can. Like all of us, they were hit hard and they are the glue in our Bay Area pinball world.

I am thinking of getting portable toilets for the parking lot. Maybe 2? I hate cleaning bathrooms and this would keep that simple and allow for enough people to take care of business between my facility and the outdoor restrooms.

I am going to stop here, probably forgetting plenty of stuff, but we can fill in the blanks with discussion and dialogue.

Cheers!
    Mike

#2 2 years ago

If you’re looking for a dj for the event let me know. Would depend on date/time but happy to bring my gear and add to the festivities.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsoup:

If you’re looking for a dj for the event let me know. Would depend on date/time but happy to bring my gear and add to the festivities.

uuuuugh... yeah!

#5 2 years ago

Great idea Jim came up with, and awesome for you the carry the torch!

It's kinda like old times, back in 2019. I'm in!

Kerry

#6 2 years ago

Love this idea - would try and make it and enjoy that East Bay warmth!

#7 2 years ago

Great Idea, thank you for all involved making this happen. Im sure my little crew from Napa will all be down as well.
    Harley D.

#8 2 years ago

Whats your thoughts on Date ?

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Whats your thoughts on Date ?

Mike mentioned late July or early August.

#10 2 years ago

Sounds awesome! thanks for getting this going.

#11 2 years ago

Never been to an event as I’m new, but sounds interesting. Following for details.

#12 2 years ago

I'm ok with late July or August. Just gotta watch the temperature for being outside.

Great to hear this moving forward!

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I'm ok with late July or August. Just gotta watch the temperature for being outside.
    Great to hear this moving forward!

Yeah, I know it could be hot. But I want it to be far enough away from the "post covid reopening" that is supposed to happen June 15th so thing are closer to normal, more herd immunity, and more vaccination has happened. Also 4th of July is behind us, but before school starts. Thats the logic anyway.

Tents and shade covering will be our friend!.

#15 2 years ago

We will do our best. Everyone bring a spray bottle to cool off your neighbor!

(NOT WHILE PLAYING ANY OF THE GAMES!)

#16 2 years ago

Please count me in! As a newb to the area and not knowing many people in this community I'll be super excited. I don't have a truck, so can't really help out with bringing anything. But I'm willing to get there early to help set up, and or stay late to help put things away.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

Please count me in! As a newb to the area and not knowing many people in this community I'll be super excited.

Lots of cool people in the hobby. Welcome to the addiction... I'm in Pinballhollic, I'm Kerry

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

Please count me in! As a newb to the area and not knowing many people in this community I'll be super excited. I don't have a truck, so can't really help out with bringing anything. But I'm willing to get there early to help set up, and or stay late to help put things away.

Right on! The biggest help will be showing up and having fun. Glad to have you.

#19 2 years ago

Having serious Practical Steve, Poster withdrawals!

#20 2 years ago

A poll has been posted above for three date options and a "doesn't matter" option. We will not all agree but let's just see if one of the days makes more sense.

#21 2 years ago

Hell yeah. Looking forward to it. Hopefully some people bring games to sell...

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from DavidCPA:

Hell yeah. Looking forward to it. Hopefully some people bring games to sell...

Yes to the pop-up tents we talked about.

#23 2 years ago

Cool. I'm in! Doesn't matter on the date.

#24 2 years ago

So, I'm assuming we can bring pins to sell and trade? I have a nice Centaur and Firepower. I'll be there unless I get stuck at work. I have unpredictable hours.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

So, I'm assuming we can bring pins to sell and trade? I have a nice Centaur and Firepower. I'll be there unless I get stuck at work. I have unpredictable hours.

Absolutely!

#26 2 years ago

I'll be there!

#27 2 years ago

I'm very interested too! Any date works.
    Steve

#28 2 years ago

Damn right you will! Do you want a spot to sell stuff?

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Damn right you will! Do you want a spot to sell stuff?

Don't know yet. Depends on what I might have for sale.

#30 2 years ago

Could be fun! Hopefully, it will fall on a date that is open for me.

#31 2 years ago

Wow,this is so kool!! Hawkmoon will be there!! Look forward to seeing everybody!!

#32 2 years ago

Sounds awesome and I only live 2 miles away

Since it will be warm - wonder if we can get some of the local breweries to setup a tent (am unsure of the hassle due to license/permits, etc.?)

1 wristband for free play outside, another wristband to note that you are over 21

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

Sounds awesome and I only live 2 miles away
    Since it will be warm - wonder if we can get some of the local breweries to setup a tent (am unsure of the hassle due to license/permits, etc.?)
    1 wristband for free play outside, another wristband to note that you are over 21

I plan on chatting with ale industries and epidemic ales. Would not hold your breath due to that exact issue (permits). If they get one we most likely have to get one. But we shall see.

#34 2 years ago

Off the Grid used to bring food trucks to downtown Pleasant Hill every Wednesday night (I heard they recently lost their Google contract and now hungry for revenue).

One of the food trucks only served draft beer. Just another option / idea would be to contact them see what trucks are available.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

Off the Grid used to bring food trucks to downtown Pleasant Hill every Wednesday night (I heard they recently lost their Google contract and now hungry for revenue).
    One of the food trucks only served draft beer. Just another option / idea would be to contact them see what trucks are available.

Nice! Thanks

#36 2 years ago

So in. Gotta coupla project machines and plenty of other shtuff too.
    Parking Lot Van Camp?

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

So in. Gotta coupla project machines and plenty of other shtuff too.
    Parking Lot Van Camp?

Hay,Mark,I know a place down Contra Costa Blvd thats not incorporated, by the Card club! You can park there over night! I'll B there to show you where!!

#38 2 years ago

Do we have a date set? Or are we waiting for the results of the poll to tell us?

Just curious...

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Do we have a date set? Or are we waiting for the results of the poll to tell us?
    Just curious...

The 24th has it at the time I am writing this. Shall we call it?

#40 2 years ago

July 24th... let us know how soon to arrive & set up (games to play & for sale, and swap meet / flee market)

#41 2 years ago

Waitaminnit? Are we talking about bringing games to play, like a mini show, too?

Also, should there be a separate thread for what people are bringing to sell or are looking for? And if the answer to the above question is yes, use this one to post games for play?

Sounds like a party! Is there any way to make it sort of a "slumber party" that night inside the arcade? You know, bring yer sleeping bag and camp under a machine after yer done playing and partying...? You'll prolly have some inebriated people by nightfall... LOL

#42 2 years ago

OK everybody. The TFR Swap meet will be on July 24!

fireball2 let's keep all discussion here so I don't have to bounce around. If people want to bring games to play for the outdoor tent or tents that is fine with me. We will only have room for so many. I'm Currently thinking I will have room for about 20 games, but I will work on a layout map to firm this up.

I will discuss times with my other half (Katie) and post here.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Hi everyone. This will be the place for us to shoot off ideas, plan, chat and get the ball rolling for the swap meet at The Flipper Room. In case you are not familiar with how this came about, here goes...
    I have been planning a small weekend sale in the parking lot at The Flipper Room with Disney Art on Main, Alexanders Fine Art Gallery, and a local artist for July 24th. Recently jbovenzi mentioned he was interested in finding a local spot to have a pinball parts swap meet. I immediately figured we should combine this into a mini GSPF get together kind of thing (I am not affiliated with GSPF and do not speak for them, but Cheddar does and he digs the idea and will be helping "us" ). So, in a nut shell that is how this came about. I would like to work together on this. Its about the community safely getting together after the funk that just swept through our globe.
    We are here to discuss things and changes may ensue based on the group (Just know I have the ultimate say because I hold the liability and resources), but here are some basics you can expect... The Flipper Room gallery and arcade will be open for your enjoyment. We have over 30 pins inside. Currently thinking I will leave inside games on coin play instead of having to charge an entry fee. Outside will have a large event tent with machines on FREE play. Not sure how many we can fit in one tent but thinking maybe 20 pins outside (+/-), even if there are multiple tents. Maybe you pay $5 to get a pinball wristband that allows you to play the outside games and helps us make a few bucks to to deal with everything that comes with this (open to ideas). The swap meet people can set up in the parking stalls. They are clearly marked and it will make it easy to delineate spaces. I will talk to the food truck people down the street about providing food during our event. Vernisious was kind enough to offer his support in this department should we need it.
    We will be doing something to benefit the pinball museum. I will also have cool pinball art to add. Lets support this as much as we can. Like all of us, they were hit hard and they are the glue in our Bay Area pinball world.
    I am thinking of getting portable toilets for the parking lot. Maybe 2? I hate cleaning bathrooms and this would keep that simple and allow for enough people to take care of business between my facility and the outdoor restrooms.
    I am going to stop here, probably forgetting plenty of stuff, but we can fill in the blanks with discussion and dialogue.
    Cheers!
    Mike

#44 2 years ago

Thanks again for doing this! Looking forward to seeing everyone on July 24!

I will start going through my inventory and post what projects/parts/stuff that I will be bringing. I might have a game that I can bring if the planets align correctly.

#45 2 years ago

Awesome! I'm on vacation. I'll be there. I'll also spread the word to some of my Grass Valley friends.

#46 2 years ago

Darn, can’t come that day, good luck have fun!

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Having serious Practical Steve, Poster withdrawals!

I will see what I have left!!

#48 2 years ago

This sounds awesome!

#49 2 years ago

JULY 24th!! Original artwork by our own "Practical Steve",Beer,parts swap, many pins to play,PLUS,a celebrity appearance by ,non -other than,LIVE,in Person UNCLE PINBALL!! OMG this could turn out to B SAT.And SUN.Party!!

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

JULY 24th!! Original artwork by our own "Practical Steve",Beer,parts swap, many pins to play,PLUS,a celebrity appearance by ,non -other than,LIVE,in Person UNCLE PINBALL!! OMG this could turn out to B SAT.And SUN.Party!!

Wait no I might just have some old posters laying around no promises

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tfr-swap-meet-2021/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.