Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BoJo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

It will announce today and how to get it.
Remember to input your info Here.
http://sternpinball.com/Service/Warranty.aspx

#2 12 years ago

Drop target fix and power pack

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Drop target fix and power pack

What's in the "power pack"? I guess if i wait I'll find out.. but I'm impatient like that.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

mnpinball said:Drop target fix and power pack
What's in the "power pack"? I guess if i wait I'll find out.. but I'm impatient like that.

What I know is some type of flasher kit for apron, bumblebee plastic protector, purple post sleeves and maybe a few other goods.

#5 12 years ago

It's a shame it left the factory without these things given the price tag of the LE's; but a much bigger problem if they just ignored the issues all together. So a mild golf clap for Stern. Hopefully they will follow-up with 1 more major code update given the feedback from those that have played/owned the LE's for a few weeks now.

#6 12 years ago

I thought the "powerpack" was some sort of software update that was unique to each model but also was more to it than that.
The drop target fix was going to be sent out with those additional things like the kit for the apron, bumblebee plastic, post rubbers, etc.
So what I thought, these were 2 separate things.

#8 12 years ago

So what, if anything, is the difference between the "Performance Pack" and the "TECHNICAL UPDATE KIT # 502-6798-C4"?

http://www.sternpinball.com/Community/Blogs/news/19690.aspx

vs.

http://www.sternpinball.com/Service/bulletin/-179-transformers-le-technical-update-kit--502-6798-c4.aspx

Sounds like they're same thing. Why have 2 different names for it on 2 different sections of the site? Confusing.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

So what, if anything, is the difference between the "Performance Pack" and the "TECHNICAL UPDATE KIT # 502-6798-C4"?
vs.
http://www.sternpinball.com/Service/bulletin/-179-transformers-le-technical-update-kit--502-6798-c4.aspx
Sounds like they're same thing. Why have 2 different names for it on 2 different sections of the site? Confusing.

Probably just a public friendly name for the kit. Are bumblebee plastics getting cracked? Is this why a protector is being issued? Glad mine is on layaway. All the bugs will be ironed out before I even unbox it.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

All the bugs will be ironed out before I even unbox it. []

Sometimes it pays to be patient.

#11 12 years ago

Are bumblebee plastics getting cracked?

I haven't seen any cracking yet, but it's pretty clear the way the ball bounces off it that the plastic will need to be replaced at some point. Glad they're addressing that.

I'm still reserving judgement on the drop target fix. I've been playing mine with the target disabled & enjoy it just fine that way. Oh, no wait… I'm actually not playing it at all since I'm still waiting on delivery of a new driver board & flipper assembly.

#12 12 years ago

I wish they would have addressed the drop target directly instead of offering a shield. I guess I'll have to see how it works.

#13 12 years ago

I'm curious what the "shield" looks like and how you install it

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

I wish they would have addressed the drop target directly instead of offering a shield. I guess I'll have to see how it works.

Exactly. They should have sent a replacement drop target as well.

#15 12 years ago

Benaar said:So what, if anything, is the difference between the "Performance Pack" and the "TECHNICAL UPDATE KIT # 502-6798-C4"?
vs.

Are bumblebee plastics getting cracked?

Some people have complained that the car scratched the plastic during shipping underneath. So theyre just sending a replacement with the power pack.

#16 12 years ago

If I had brought an LE I'd be tempted in all honesty to check out a pro and if the playfields where the same with regards to holes for hardware and wiring I'd buy a new pro playfield and swap it over as their is no fix for the hole for that drop target in megatons face which I couldnt live with. But it's great to see these fixes coming to everyone who has brought an LE just a shame stern didnt communicate it better with buyers, they would have probably reduced the buyers backlash they got.

#18 12 years ago

What exactly is the problem with the drop target? Air balls?

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Violent air balls.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Crazy airballs, but for me the hole in the playfield (right through megatrons face in the artwork) for the drop target is horrendous, I'd defiantly have to do a playfield swap if both playfields matched up and allowed for it.

1 week later
#21 12 years ago

Has anyone installed the Megatron anti-air ball kit yet? I just received mine yesterday... one big ugly plastic sheild that looks like it extends above and beyond the drop target to deflect balls back down onto the playfield. I think I'm going to wait on installing it and just run the game like I've been with the drop target disabled... I'd be interested in seeing some pics of what it looks like installed if anyone has already done that though.

#22 12 years ago

Has anyone installed the Megatron anti-air ball kit yet? I just received mine yesterday... one big ugly plastic sheild that looks like it extends above and beyond the drop target to deflect balls back down onto the playfield. I think I'm going to wait on installing it and just run the game like I've been with the drop target disabled... I'd be interested in seeing some pics of what it looks like installed if anyone has already done that though.

#23 12 years ago

T-800,

I received and installed mine (megatron kit and bumblebee protector, etc.). I know the Megatron piece looks bulky but it's actually pretty well done with the consistent graphics and clear ball channel. Go ahead and put it on and you'll forget it's there before the first ball is done. I've been airless ever since...

On a side note, they also included rubbers sized for the mini-playfield. There were no notes about them but I thought that perhaps they were a little tighter than the initial ones (and since I've never been able to "get it up" with that little PF I threw them on). It was a bad experiment since I also sanded down just a touch of IronHide that was rubbing on the background while at it, but between those two changes the mini Pf was working WAY better after! (though still kind of stupid in my opinion)

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

T-800,
I received and installed mine (megatron kit and bumblebee protector, etc.). I know the Megatron piece looks bulky but it's actually pretty well done with the consistent graphics and clear ball channel. Go ahead and put it on and you'll forget it's there before the first ball is done. I've been airless ever since...
On a side note, they also included rubbers sized for the mini-playfield. There were no notes about them but I thought that perhaps they were a little tighter than the initial ones (and since I've never been able to "get it up" with that little PF I threw them on). It was a bad experiment since I also sanded down just a touch of IronHide that was rubbing on the background while at it, but between those two changes the mini Pf was working WAY better after! (though still kind of stupid in my opinion)

If you feel bad, you can get a new Ironhide at Meijer or Walmart for 10 bux.

#25 12 years ago

If you feel bad, you can get a new Ironhide at Meijer or Walmart for 10 bux.

Thanks - no, IronHide is fine. The 'bad experiment' part just meant that I changed two things at the same time (rubbers and sanding figure) then saw an improvement - but I can't know which of the two things caused it. Apologies - the geek academic comes out!

But, I wouldn't mind replacing all those toys for more interesting versions some day. When do the TF mods start???

#26 12 years ago

I got the fix yesterday. Works great. No more airballs. Great Game.

#27 12 years ago

Still waiting on delivery. I ordered the morning it was announced. Any other folks still waiting?

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Still waiting on delivery. I ordered the morning it was announced. Any other folks still waiting?

That's strange. I also ordered pretty much right away but got it 7-10 days ago... A big manila envelope (not a box) if that affects where you look for it...

5 months later
#29 11 years ago

Are the NIB Transformers LE being sent with the air ball fix already installed? Or if I buy a NIB today should I get it separately?

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from chuck1972:

Are the NIB Transformers LE being sent with the air ball fix already installed? Or if I buy a NIB today should I get it separately?

Yes, the later run LE's come with the fix already installed. Not sure the exact date they started installing them at the factory but my buddies came with them already on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tfle-transformers-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.