(Topic ID: 14511)

TFLE does anybody like this game?

By DCfoodfreak

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snowdale.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 12 years ago

Game is jam packed. 10 modes with with at least 10 shots per mode. That's over a hundred different audio and video clips alone. That's not even counting MB.

Working your PF and EOB bonuses is a big part of the game considering its played by rollover lanes and in/out lanes. If you pay close attention to it it's very lucritive.

If you love stacking there is plenty of this to be had. I try to work towards Bumblebee double scoring before I start any MB. The Ironhide super modes are best stacked with 2x scoring and or Fast scoring. And if your lucky or really good you can have 2X scoring, Fast scoring, Super spinner, Super pops, All PF X's, Mudflap and Skids and Optimus Prime MB running together in a DMD busting scoring Frenzy!

It's a great game!!!

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think the toys on the LE version are worth the extra price. I do not know how much the extra money is actually, but whatever it is it isn't worth it.
    The left ramp is just a big ugly looking toy that "can" move sometimes, which doesn't excite me at all.
    The right ramp mini playfield is pretty weak IMO.
    The drop target is no fun and cranks the balls all sorts of places.
    I don't know what else is extra....although I bleieve the LE has a metal guide over bumblebee to push the ball in a more coheirent way to the flippers when hitting Optimus Prime. So ytou've got that, and 2 extra "events" the pro doesn't have (mini playfield, starscream hurry up).
    EDIT: Overall, I am becoming bored with the game (I do not own it though). There are basically 5 shots in the modes that you have to hit over and over. Then you have to hit 3-4 shots to start a mode. Then like 10 shots to complete a mode. So I'm bad at math...so average 13 shots a mode, 8 modes, over 120 shots to wizard mode. That's very light estimate as it does not include megatron/optimus multiball shots you have to hit to complete...which is at least 10 a piece?.
    I understand having a hard game, that doesn't scare me, it just gets so tedious after awhile. I was really into this game and enjoying it a lot....but it wears you down & out at a certain point.
    So (5.5?) grand? Man that's a hefty hefty price. I think you could get a ton more with that cash.

You forgot about the 300 missed shots that you had. : ) My job is tedious too but damn I love pay day!

#27 12 years ago

I seem to remember a game that had three multiballs and after you got all three you had to destroy something but if you couldn't destroy it you had to play all three multiballs again. Fuck that game is tedious.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

The LE features are awesome. The Megatron drop target is great and keeps the action going nonstop during certain multiballs. The starscream is a cool addition and is very satisfying and rewarding (EB) to hit. The additional control gate for orbit shots is huge, allowing more action and better flow. That leaves us with IH...yea its pretty weak until I discovered there are settings that allow you to remove the control gate and set it up to be kick ass! Stacks with modes, doesn't stop the flow of the game, keeps you on your toes, and has a more risk/reward factor. It's great!

I'm debating doing this. I'm worried the active flippers during IH will become annoying. It's also a lot of extra flips. Rebuild will come much sooner than needed. Do you max the timer for IH scoring.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Snowdale said:I seem to remember a game that had three multiballs ...
    Ouch. Yeah hankfully TF keeps the shots you made in modes. If not it would be impossible. There's an EB on the starscream ramp? Is it at a cetain number of hurry ups or something? That would be cool.

Three hits to the target behind him awards an EB.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snowdale.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tfle-does-anybody-like-this-game?tu=snowdale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.