(Topic ID: 14511)

TFLE does anybody like this game?

By DCfoodfreak

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #52 12 years ago

Wanting any pinball maker to close is rediculous.

#53 12 years ago

I also read that decals can actually look better as well.

#54 12 years ago

It does help to trim around the legs. They look good though.

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I like it. Not for 7 grand. But if anyone needs me to haul one away for them, I will gladly oblige

Totally agree with this. And for those that say it doesn't cost $7,000...I don't like it for $5,600 either. If the TFLE was released as the Pro version...like it should have been...for the $4,000 price point...well, now you are talking.

#56 12 years ago

I like TF !!

#59 12 years ago

I'm running v1.5 and changed the adj #9 setting to mini pf and they are better but not fixed. The only thing that got changed with that is the flippers don't lose power until the ball is confirmed in there and the starscream switch doesn't count a score being hit again without a pause but does cause Starscream to trigger over and over again still. So no not fixed. Also those are not my only complaints about it there are still many other bugs in the system another for example having to wait for ball search to find a ball in the mini playfield that the playfield sensors didn't see or that came in through the top after hitting optimus. Also most people including myself asked for the MB progression why wasn't that implemented?

#60 12 years ago
    Quoted from britrex1:

I'm running v1.5 and changed the adj #9 setting to mini pf and they are better but not fixed. The only thing that got changed with that is the flippers don't lose power until the ball is confirmed in there and the starscream switch doesn't count a score being hit again without a pause but does cause Starscream to trigger over and over again still. So no not fixed. Also those are not my only complaints about it there are still many other bugs in the system another for example having to wait for ball search to find a ball in the mini playfield that the playfield sensors didn't see or that came in through the top after hitting optimus. Also most people including myself asked for the MB progression why wasn't that implemented?

I agree about the mb progression.
    As for IH pf, just do what I did and remove the whole gate assembly and enjoy IH for once (no more tedious ball searches either)

#61 12 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Also, TF advertised certain features that just didn't make it into production\
    \ painted

That's why I backed out of my LE pre-order. No 6 balls, no "transforming" toy, no controllable cannon, etc.

2 weeks later
    #62 11 years ago

Now that two more weeks have come and gone (and AC/DC has been released) how do people feel about this pin? Is this pin a decent bet to be a "stern classic" like LOTR, TSPP, Tron, and SM or a lesser regarded pin?

#63 11 years ago

I am still getting one. I liked playing it, I like the theme and the way the table looks. It's fun!

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

ralphwiggum said:Also, TF advertised certain features that just didn't make it into production\
    \ painted
    That's why I backed out of my LE pre-order. No 6 balls, no "transforming" toy, no controllable cannon, etc.

+1 I was left hugely disappointed when alot of the features that drew me in where cut, still to this day glad I backed out of TF dodged a bullet on that one.

#65 11 years ago

Also, does anyone know if any additional code modifications are in development for this game? Finally, what does everyone think about the music on this game? I read through the reviews and they seem a bit mixed. Many thanks.

#66 11 years ago

Played LE combo at PHOF last weekend and was very disappointed. I couldn't get into the game at all because the ball kept getting stuck in various places. When I got the ball to the upper playfield I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do. The flipper buttons seemed to rock the mini playfield back and forth but the ball never moved.
    I walked away with credits left...What a disappointment

#67 11 years ago

Love the game! With new code, very fast and difficult. A keeper...

p

#68 11 years ago

I like the game. Get board as an autobot then play as a decepticon and vice versa.

I don't like the pregame release info that never got implemented....esp software QR codes.
    With that being said the game is very satisfying to play.

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I like the game. Get board as an autobot then play as a decepticon and vice versa.
    I don't like the pregame release info that never got implemented....esp software QR codes.
    With that being said the game is very satisfying to play.

I picked up a Combo and with over 700+ plays I am not slowing down, especially after I removed the gate from Iron Hide.

It's a keeper for me, however I also thought RBION was a keeper day one of release.....

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Also, does anyone know if any additional code modifications are in development for this game? Finally, what does everyone think about the music on this game? I read through the reviews and they seem a bit mixed. Many thanks.

The game is very fun to play. The IH gate removal is a must. As for the music, it's great!! The transitions of music between each mode is exceptional.

#71 11 years ago

I played one game at MPE on this and I'm not even sure if it was an LE to tell you the truth. I did play one this last weekend probably 8 games or so and have a question.

On the right ramp that leads up to a little playfield that the flippers tilt back and forth.. What a I suppose to do there? Is the ball suppose to stay up there by it's self or was this one getting stuck on the top of the ramps lip?
    Overall I liked the game.

Just curious, Bill in Indiana

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from BillinIndiana:

I played one game at MPE on this and I'm not even sure if it was an LE to tell you the truth.

At MPE there was one LE and one pro. As you looked at the two machines the LE was on your right.

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from BillinIndiana:

I played one game at MPE on this and I'm not even sure if it was an LE to tell you the truth. I did play one this last weekend probably 8 games or so and have a question.
    On the right ramp that leads up to a little playfield that the flippers tilt back and forth.. What a I suppose to do there? Is the ball suppose to stay up there by it's self or was this one getting stuck on the top of the ramps lip?

The gate locks the ball up there for a set time and you are supposed to "walk" the ball up and down the pf by rocking it back and forth. One mod that some are doing is to remove the gate which then forces you to have more control to keep the ball up there. I had the gate zip tied open at home but removed the zip tie for the tournament last weekend... Unless you 6+ft tall the gate makes it hard to see whats even going on though....

#74 11 years ago

I guess I need more practice. I tried rocking the upper playfield but the ball wasn't "walking" it was more like sitting.

#75 11 years ago

TF LE is a fun game and I'm still happy with my purchase, though I haven't yet locked the game in as a keeper (unlike Tron). Personally, I like the theme and game play. The graphics, sounds, and call outs are also great. However, I don't think it could ever be regarded as an A-list Stern like LOTR, SM, or Tron unless it receives another s/w update to take care of two major things: shot repetition and OP multi-ball progression. The biggest problem to me is the repetition. Most of the robots require 10 or 11 shots to complete their mode, but there's no reason provided why it's 10 or 11 shots. If the number of shots could be linked to something that made sense, I could understand why it takes so long to complete modes. In OP multiball there are call outs on his battles with various decepticons, "Blackout defeated," for example, so the lengthy number of shots make sense. As it stands though, I sometimes feel a bit punished because of excessive repetition. The OP multi-ball progression issue has been raised by numerous folks so I won't go into that, but suffice it to say that you can have a good game going and get stuck in a pit of despair trying to complete OP. I must be an idiot though, because I keep coming back for more.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from pindevil:

I guess I need more practice. I tried rocking the upper playfield but the ball wasn't "walking" it was more like sitting.

Check to see if your Ironhide toy is dragging on the backboard. Just a little bit of contact will completely ruin the gameplay of the mini playfield & the ball will sit. I had to bend my backboard back a bit AND trim off some of Ironhide's elbows. After that it moved fine and I could get it all the way up the playfield.

***Edit Sorry, didn't see that you played it at the PHF. They probably just set it up as is, expecting it would work correctly out of the box.

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

As for the music, it's great!! The transitions of music between each mode is exceptional.

The music is one thing the game gets completely right. I love David Thiel's work....an underrated hero of Stern pinball.

#78 11 years ago

I like the LE but not for it's current asking price.

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

BillinIndiana said:I played one game at MPE on this and I'm not even sure if it was an LE to tell you the truth. I did play one this last weekend probably 8 games or so and have a question.

The gate locks the ball up there for a set time and you are supposed to "walk" the ball up and down the pf by rocking it back and forth. One mod that some are doing is to remove the gate which then forces you to have more control to keep the ball up there. I had the gate zip tied open at home but removed the zip tie for the tournament last weekend... Unless you 6+ft tall the gate makes it hard to see whats even going on though....

You calling me Short ?? Well I guess I am on the one leg. Hah
    Thanks, I didn't know what was up, me being knew to the game. The first time I sent the ball up there I thought it was stuck. Someone behind me told me to just keep flipping the flippers and it will release. SO.. I was thinking it really was stuck and going to go through the "ball search" and then releasing it? Didn't know there was actually an Objective, Now I want to play it again !

Bill in Indiana

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tfle-does-anybody-like-this-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.