Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ronlisa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

129025989469595199.jpg
    TF-LE-01-e1322316073584.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Not looking for a debate on how great or how lame Transformers is in general as I personally love the pin. I'm considering placing an order for one of the next run TFLE's at the moment and almost have the OK from the wife.

What I'd like some honest feedback on is, has anyone owned both the pro and LE? I've only played the LE about 5 times and really enjoyed it. Their is a pro locally that I've got probally 50 games on and also really enjoy it. The only thing I really don't like about the Pro is it seems to be really bare on the playfield from an appearance stance where the LE pleases my eye more due to the extra toys. For those that have played both or owned both, is the LE worth the extra $1500 to $2K?

#2 11 years ago

I owned both. The game is decent so don't let anyone tell you it sucks

The pro ramps are slightly faster and the upper PF on the LE does not add to the fun much for me. I tie strapped the iron hide upper PF gate open which sped up the left ramp shot. I liked the orbit flowing on the LE. That feature, alone, was what made the LE more fun for me.

The pro was still fun. You can add action figures to it to make it less sparce. Put a big star scream in the back or such. Add the shaker. Add the sub (to both).

I prefer the LE. If you can pick one up for about $5000 go for it. Otherwise, I'd be in for a pro around $4000.

#3 11 years ago

I'm going to debate or great or how lame TF is despite the fact that you aren't looking for that debate: it's great!

I've never played a pro, but I love my Decepticon. I always prefer the LE over the pro edition though. With the prices being what they are, I'd go with an LE as they are a great value right now.

Buy an LE before Stern updates the code and the prices go back up!

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

The only thing I really don't like about the Pro is it seems to be really bare on the playfield from an appearance stance where the LE pleases my eye more due to the extra toys.

You just answered your own question. The bareness makes the Pro seem like a plank with some toys stapled to it. If you're gonna do TF, go LE.

#5 11 years ago

Is the next run of Transformers LE fixing the air ball issue? Anyone knows if the fix is going to be factory installed?

#6 11 years ago

They should be the same with the installed cover to prevent air balls. Not an issue anymore. I just bought a combo LE again an am stoked to get it Saturday. I should not have sold my LE to begin with.

#7 11 years ago

Pro all the way. But you could probably score a Premium for a very good price. Just zip tie the gate open on the 2nd playfield and be done with it.

#8 11 years ago

I went with LE instead of pro and I am glad I did. I also am glad I want the combo instead of autobot or decepticon.

#9 11 years ago

I played about 10 rounds on the pro and bought the LE. To me, the pro seems barren and not much on the playfield, kinda like Costco BDK. The pro ramps are faster, but I like the orbits as well on the LE, and the extra mechanical toys as well. I actually ended up liking the mini playfield, but I realize it's not for everybody.

#10 11 years ago

It's actually really simple to remove the IH playfield gate and you can see the ball better not to mention 10 times more fun to play it.

#11 11 years ago

I have been kicking around the idea as 85vett. My question is what is the dif. between an Autobot/decepticon versus THE COMBO

Quoted from coasterguy:bought a combo LE again an am stoked to get it Saturday

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I have been kicking around the idea as 85vett. My question is what is the dif. between an Autobot/decepticon versus THE COMBO

Here is a list of all the LE feataures and differences:

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/transformers-le.aspx

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Gameplay and features are the same.

Combo has red/purple split metal trim and Autobot art on one side, Decepticon on the other. Autobots & Decepticons on the translite.

Autobot has the same art on both sides, red trim only...and a metal plaque by the right outlane w/ Optimus Prime's "signature" in Cybertronian. Only Autobots on the translite.

Decepticon has same art on both sides, purple trim only.and a metal plaque by the left outlane w/ Megatron's "signature" in Cybertronian. Only Decepticons on the translite.

#14 11 years ago

Decepticon LE FTW!!

#15 11 years ago

I originally bought Autobots LE. I sold it thinking I would replace it with the pro actually. Now 5 months later I want the LE back and I am getting the combo. I like that the design all matches with the playfield.

TF-LE-01-e1322316073584.jpgTF-LE-01-e1322316073584.jpg

#16 11 years ago

Decepticon - Combo - Autobot
    All LE. All the same game. Just the look.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from chuck1972:

Is the next run of Transformers LE fixing the air ball issue? Anyone knows if the fix is going to be factory installed?

there is no "next run". LE are Limited Edition single runs.

#18 11 years ago

Got decepeticon and absolutely love it!! Great package!
    Amazing to see 2 Decepticons within 3km in my area in Melbourne considering there are only 125 WORLDWIDE!!!

#19 11 years ago

I own a pro, and i love it. I've played the LE before and I didn't like it. The pro plays faster ! and is alot cheaper
    I would take a pro over an LE even if they cost the same...

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. They CAN'T re-run the LE and even if they could -- why would they? The first ones were not hot sellers and you can still find them NIB for thousands less than used Tron LE's and AC/DC LE's.

That being said, I love my combo LE. I don't have enough experience with the Pro to comment on it. For the roughly $1200 more that the LE sells for it's a no-brainer IMO.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

They haven't made all 500 yet...so, there IS a next run.

Mark, Mark, Mark....why do I always have to prove you wrong? I almost feel bad about it.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They haven't made all 500 yet...so, there IS a next run.
    Mark, Mark, Mark....why do I always have to prove you wrong? I almost feel bad about it.

Proof?

#23 11 years ago

Proof is that TF sold so bad they didn't even finish making all of them :-X

#24 11 years ago

You have proof to the contrary?

#25 11 years ago

I'm right and you're wrong, that's my proof.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You have proof to the contrary?

Unless I work at stern, how would I have such proof? But it doesn't make sense for them to break up a limited edition into multiple smaller runs from a financial perspective. If they didn't sell enough to make all 500 then why would they even bother at this point? It's not like demand has increased. And it's highly unlikely that they'll be able to obtain parts to do it later (or even still hold the license). So yea, when something doesn't jive with common sense, proof is warranted. Since stern doesn't publish these types of production numbers publicly, I think its fair to ask for more then "because I'm right and you're wrong".

#27 11 years ago

I can't find the post but someone just did a visit to Stern and saw the playfields sitting their and a worker advised they were to be built.

My only proof is I have a reputable distributor that has advised me I could still get one from Stern drop shipped to my door for a little shy of $6K. I probally worded my post wrong and should have said, "remaining to be built" vs "next run".

All I've gotta figure out is if I should go NIB LE, Used LE or Pro. I'm leaning towards NIB LE as I'll never find one remotely close to me so I'm going to have to deal with shipping which eats into the savings of going used.

#28 11 years ago

So it's not another run but simply finishing the first run. I can accept that. They are different. Finishing the first run is just assembling and shipping the parts they have. A second run means obtaining and manufacturing more parts.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

So it's not another run but simply finishing the first run. I can accept that. They are different. Finishing the first run is just assembling and shipping the parts they have. A second run means obtaining and manufacturing more parts.

OMFG ....semantics.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Unless I work at stern, how would I have such proof? But it doesn't make sense for them to break up a limited edition into multiple smaller runs from a financial perspective. If they didn't sell enough to make all 500 then why would they even bother at this point?

They do it all the time. They did it with LOTR "LE"...250 to start, then the remaining 250 the next year.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Well thank God we got that clarified!

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

OMFG ....semantics.

It's not semantics. There's a huge difference. Often, the second run of something is actually different as original parts are often not available.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

It's not semantics. There's a huge difference. Often, the second run of something is actually different as original parts are often not available.

Yes sir, sorry things weren't worded absolutely perfectly for your liking sir. 129025989469595199.jpg129025989469595199.jpg

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I can't find the post but someone just did a visit to Stern and saw the playfields sitting their and a worker advised they were to be built.
    My only proof is I have a reputable distributor that has advised me I could still get one from Stern drop shipped to my door for a little shy of $6K. I probally worded my post wrong and should have said, "remaining to be built" vs "next run".
    All I've gotta figure out is if I should go NIB LE, Used LE or Pro. I'm leaning towards NIB LE as I'll never find one remotely close to me so I'm going to have to deal with shipping which eats into the savings of going used.

I'd shop around a lil more as I'm sure some people may be sitting on some LE's that you could grab cheaper. I just picked up a NIB Dec. LE for 5k.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

I'd shop around a lil more as I'm sure some people may be sitting on some LE's that you could grab cheaper. I just picked up a NIB Dec. LE for 5k.

I agree. I would not pay ~6K for one when you can get them cheaper. I don't know of any distribs trying to lose money, but current owners are selling them cheaper.

#36 11 years ago

Confirmed with a reputable distributor yesterday the autobot and decepticons have all been produced but they still have some combo's left to make, however it's not a lot of them like some people are making it out to be. There is also supposedly an update coming and December is the time frame. The update could just be minor bug fixes or actually some rules changes and that I doubt we will know. SM took a while to become the game it is today so hopefully they don't give up on TF yet. I know they cannot put back all the things they initially promised in the press release (sorry Greg), but hopefully they can iron out some of the kinks and make it a better game.

#37 11 years ago

I found TF pro locally, NIB and I'm going for it, I didn't play the LE but I did play the pro and I really enjoyed my time playing.

I hope a new update going to come, I think its a good pin but probably not for everyone.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from BinGhanem:

I found TF pro locally, NIB and I'm going for it, I didn't play the LE but I did play the pro and I really enjoyed my time playing.
    I hope a new update going to come, I think its a good pin but probably not for everyone.

Awesome that you found a Pin in Dubai!

#39 11 years ago

I owned a pro as I waited for my decepticon to arrive, loved the pro, once my decepticon arrived I sold the pro to a local operator, soon after I posted that the pro is the best value, I do not think you are missing much at all by going pro, however with the deals out there right now, le's for $5k seems like a no brainer. Go huo le

#40 11 years ago

I like them both, but the LE wins out IMO. (in particular, the LE Combo) The playfield on the Pro w/out all of the toys looks sparse to me. The LED lighting looks WAY better on the LE's too, but of course you can add that aftermarket.

1 week later
    #41 11 years ago

I bought a TF Decepticon last week from Michael at Flipper Fidelity that was a new but open box with about 35 plays on it for $4900 and $180 shipping. He has a NIB Decepticon and NIB Autobot for $5100 if anyone is intrested.
    First time I did any buisness with Michael but he seems like a really great guy and probably get my business from here on out. Im also getting his speaker upgrade and LED backbox light kit with the TF. I placed a video link below to You Tube if anyone wants to see what a LED backbox kit does. The machine in the video is the one I bought.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tf-pro-or-tf-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.