By dinot

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dinot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi all,

I've got a TF Pro which had some issues which I've been working through. I've got almost everything hashed out. The reason I am asking this question is that many of the lane guides were not quite tightened down. Many of the nuts under the PF needed tightening as the lane guides were loose. This suggests to me that the lane guides were removed at some point.

The last thing that is bothering me may not even be an issue at all. It involves a ball flow question. The shot in question is the Optimus Prime loop (with the ramp down). I was somewhat expecting this shot to be super smooth. Like the center loop on ToM or the ringmaster loop on CV.

On my TF Pro, that shot is not always smooth like those examples listed above. I was convinced there was something wrong but I've watched some youtube clips of TF Pro which seem to suggest that mine may be operating correctly.

When hitting that shot, after the ball clears the Optimus ramp and then clears the ball lane guide just to the left and behind Optimus, the ball hits the lane guide in the back and then bounces forward and hits the inner lane guide (just behind Optimus) right near the ball gate switch and then continues around to the right (Once in a while it slows the ball enough the it will dribble back to the left). This slows the ball's trajectory significantly. Unless that shot is dead perfect the ball always slows down (about 1 in 3 or 4 times that ball comes around as quickly as it went going in). Again, it is not conclusive, but I've watched some Youtube videos which seem to show the same slowdown. (But again not very conclusive)

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dinot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tf-pro-ball-flow-question?tu=dinot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.