(Topic ID: 12315)

TF Pro and IM Pro, what am I doing wrong? (poor scoring)

By 85vett

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Allibaster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I've gotta be doing something wrong on this pin. I just played 5 games on it. Longest play was probably close to 7-10 mins and 3 different sets of multiball. My highest score was 30 million. The replay was set at 100 million. Is their a trick to scoring points on this machine as I can't image they would set it to where you'd have to play 30 mins just to pop a free game.

IM Pro was the same thing. Replay was 65 million. Highest score was 40 million and on that game I beat the Monger twice, got war machine multiball twice and whiplash multiball once. I just can't figure out how to get points on this pin either.

#2 12 years ago

Iron Man Tutorial part 1

#3 12 years ago

Iron Man Tutorial part 2

#4 12 years ago

Iron Man Tutorial part 3

#5 12 years ago

I played TF for about an hour the other day (first time) and only managed 45 million. So don't feel to bad hhah

#6 12 years ago

Ha... One time (one time!) I had 53 mil on first ball and ended game at 56.3 mil. Have not come close since then. This pin kicks my ass every time...but that's why I can't get enough of it

#7 12 years ago

If you are putting up 40 million scores on IM without Jericho or Do or Die, you are doing fine. Great actually.

#8 12 years ago

Are the outlanes open?

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Are the outlanes open?

TF - Left inlane is set on hard. Right is set on med.

IM - Both were set on medium.

The pins were at a local arcade. That's crazy that nobody is hitting close to 100 million on TF but that is what the replay is set as. Most of their pins are obtainable to hit replay for example TOTAN is just 30 million.

#10 12 years ago

The high score on the TF here was 85mil...

#11 12 years ago

You really need to concentrate on your multipliers when it comes to TF. Completing anything without multipliers lit is leaps and bounds less lucrative than if there lit. You can rip a score of over 20 mil on a single mode if PF X'S are lit and 2X scoring is running.

#12 12 years ago

The replay values at the arcade you're visiting are either set pretty high or else there are some high scorers in your area and the replay is set to adjust based on average score on the machine. The TF Pro near me (http://marvins3m.com) has it's replay at around 12 million.

#13 12 years ago

On Iron Man, I like to start off by going for Drones, then War Machine. The rest of the goals seem to just happen in the process. If you can stay out of the outlanes, you'll have an opportunity for big points with Do or Die or Jericho.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tf-pro-and-im-pro-what-am-i-doing-wrong-poor-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.