Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by scooter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
    022.JPG
    021.JPG
    020.JPG
    019.JPG
    018.JPG
    017.JPG
    014.JPG
    013.JPG
    016.JPG
    015.JPG

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago

Yea I hear you guys. I think I will ask for $500 off and take the translite or I will just return the game for a full refund if they dont accept those conditions. You guys think $500 is to much to ask for or not enough? Also isn't the regular LE and the decepticon and autobot all the same play field just diffrent cabinet?

#52 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

Yea I hear you guys. I think I will ask for $500 off and take the translite or I will just return the game for a full refund if they dont accept those conditions. You guys think $500 is to much to ask for or not enough? Also isn't the regular LE and the decepticon and autobot all the same play field just diffrent cabinet?

I think $500 is about right.

#53 12 years ago

I think all 3 LE playfields are the same. I can't beleve they didn't make a couple of extras. I don't like the clear coat job on my LE. I emailed Stern and called there today. If you look at my playfield at a angle from the side with your head down by the glass you can see the out line of all the insert decals like the clear in not thick enough. Coasterguy said his clear coat is the same. I have bought 10 nib sterns and this is the worst clear coat of all of them. Wise guy I would tell them where they can stick that signed translight. I would push for a new playfield or money off.maybe Gomez should come to your house and resign it.

#54 12 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

I think all 3 LE playfields are the same. I can't beleve they didn't make a couple of extras. I don't like the clear coat job on my LE. I emailed Stern and called there today. If you look at my playfield at a angle from the side with your head down by the glass you can see the out line of all the insert decals like the clear in not thick enough. Coasterguy said his clear coat is the same. I have bought 10 nib sterns and this is the worst clear coat of all of them. Wise guy I would tell them where they can stick that signed translight. I would push for a new playfield or money off.maybe Gomez should come to your house and resign it.

Yea I feel the same and I will do that when I talk to stern tomorrow. That sux about the clear coat. I did'nt notice mine yet I will check it out more closely when I get home and see if its like that also as I did'nt inspect it super close yet. And this is my 6 nib stern also.

#55 12 years ago

How can they not have spare playfields in inventory? Makes no sense....

#56 12 years ago

I agree that the clear coat is lacking compared to TRON LE. I am little disappointed by it. Don't know what could be done though. I love the game too. I played 10 games on it tonight and it just gets better and better.

#57 12 years ago

I thought about it while lifting weights as my mind works best then. I am going to give stern 3 options.. 1 replace my playfield as requested. 2 I will return the game to the distributor and he sends me a new one and you deal with the distributor for compensation. 3 I just return the game for a full refund back to the distributor. I will let Jim Belt the VP of stern sales chose as I am fine with any of these options. The translite option is a joke for them to think it will solve this problem. On a special LE game they only made 125 its a joke that this passed QC and I am not taking that BS as I will take the game to a range and shoot it up with my 50cal Dessert eagle before leaving it in my collection.

I dont care about the money and them giving me 500 or 1,000 back means nothing to me. As every time I play the game it will bother me.

#58 12 years ago

rub the signature off with alcohol or something if it bothers you so much

#59 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

rub the signature off with alcohol or something if it bothers you so much

I think the signature is buried under the clear, so I don't think you can simply remove it.

Sorry to hear about the signature issue Wise Guy, that would drive me nuts too.

#60 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

RobT said:A NIB AFM?! Are you serious?!
    Yes I will post pics..

Looking forward to it!

#61 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I think the signature is buried under the clear, so I don't think you can simply remove it.

ah that blows as the signature would be better off removed then to see 1/2 of it under the apron

#62 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I thought about it while lifting weights as my mind works best then. I am going to give stern 3 options.. 1 replace my playfield as requested. 2 I will return the game to the distributor and he sends me a new one and you deal with the distributor for compensation. 3 I just return the game for a full refund back to the distributor. I will let Jim Belt the VP of stern sales chose as I am fine with any of these options. The translite option is a joke for them to think it will solve this problem. On a special LE game they only made 125 its a joke that this passed QC and I am not taking that BS as I will take the game to a range and shoot it up with my 50cal Dessert eagle before leaving it in my collection.
    I dont care about the money and them giving me 500 or 1,000 back means nothing to me. As every time I play the game it will bother me.

So how did it go?

#63 12 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Wise_Guy said:

So how did it go?

Good I gave Stern the 3 options and they understand and are going to call me tomorrow with a direct answer. I am either getting a new play field or getting a new game or just returning game for a full refund. Its 100% that one of these options will take place and again I am fine with any of the 3.

#64 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

Its 100% that one of these options will take place and again I am fine with any of the 3.

It's good they are going to work it out so you get an option that you can live with. Glad to hear they are doing the right thing and working with you to get this resolved. Keep us posted W_G.

#65 12 years ago

I'm curious to see how things turn out for you wise guy. I get my Decepticons tomorrow, I was excited about getting this title but now I think I'm more nervous with all the issues I'm reading about it. *cross fingers* keep us updated.

#66 12 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm curious to see how things turn out for you wise guy. I get my Decepticons tomorrow, I was excited about getting this title but now I think I'm more nervous with all the issues I'm reading about it. *cross fingers* keep us updated.

I will post a update as soon as I hear back from stern tomorrow. Congrats on getting a TF decepticon and I am sure yours will be fine. I have tooken the advise of eveyone and disabled the drop target tell they come out with a fix. I suggest you do the same tell a update is released.

#67 12 years ago

It's really sad that this crap is happening. I was going to preorder AC/DC but I think I'll pass and see it first. I holding out hope. I also thought there was suppose to be cool QR codes relating to gameplay (according to Gomez's expo speech). I hope the codes are't propaganda crap.

#68 12 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I agree that the clear coat is lacking compared to TRON LE. I am little disappointed by it. Don't know what could be done though ...

The only option would be to have it professionally re-cleared. That's pretty expensive, though, and would require completely tearing down both sides of the playfield on a brand new game. I can't imagine it would be worth it unless the clear is so bad that it literally ruins the look of the game.

#69 12 years ago

If you disable the drop target the lock does not work the same as tatman pointed out to me.

#70 12 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

If you disable the drop target the lock does not work the same as tatman pointed out to me.

Yeah I tried it and it disables the megatron lock all together. I PMed tatman and he got the same thing.

#71 12 years ago

I am getting a new decepticon machine and will be sending mine back! Just got off the phone with stern and automated services and they have agreed to send me a new machine free of charge. I will have to pack up my old machine and they will pay for the shipping of the old machine back also!

#72 12 years ago

Great news W_G!!! Glad to see that Stern and Automated stepped up to make things right. Hope you get your new machine soon.

#73 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I am getting a new decepticon machine and will be sending mine back! Just got off the phone with stern and automated services and they have agreed to send me a new machine free of charge. I will have to pack up my old machine and they will pay for the shipping of the old machine back also!

Glad they are standing behind the product. Mike at Automated is a good guy. Got my TSPP from him.

#74 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I am getting a new decepticon machine and will be sending mine back! Just got off the phone with stern and automated services and they have agreed to send me a new machine free of charge. I will have to pack up my old machine and they will pay for the shipping of the old machine back also! []

Great! I hope Stern realizes that they need to tighten up their quality control a bit!

#75 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

Good for you!

Glad Stern is taking care of you.

#76 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

Awesome news!

#77 12 years ago

That's great news!

#78 12 years ago

Thanks guys.. I am very happy with the outcome as its nice to see ppl being held accountable and living up to there side of the bargain which is only right.

#79 12 years ago

I bought Spiderman, Avatar LE & Transformers LE from Automated Services and am very happy.

I got word that my new mini playfield shipped today.

#80 12 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I bought spiderman, Avatar LE & Transformers LE from Automated Services and am very happy.
    I got word that my new mini playfield shipped today.

Was it just weak or was one side not working?

#81 12 years ago

Looks like Christopher Hutchins LE has a hidden signature too! WOWZERS!

#82 12 years ago

Nice videos Chris is putting out the last couple weeks.
    This one especially covers a bunch of quick and easy visual inspections,Plus a bunch of other pointers to buying ANY PINBALL machine,new or used and what to look for if you are going to be a pinball machine owner,enjoy the whole video and take notes if necessary.

#83 12 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

I hope Stern realizes that they need to tighten up their quality control a bit!

You would certainly hope this would be a serious wake up call for them. Gary doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that likes to throw away money, and this particular incident cost him a lot of dough to rectify.

#84 12 years ago

I'm going to go check mine over again. Decals too. What an asset we have with Christopher sharing his insight in these videos. Really awesome. I never thought about the decals being folded over the sides. Very cool. STERN should watch his video. I bet JJ is......

#85 12 years ago

That is amazing that they are taking back the whole machine W_G!
    Nice one Gary!
    So now the real question is what lucky # will be your new baby???
    Double digits this time?

#86 12 years ago

This thread is about Decepticon 35 and Chris got #36. How cool. I know it is a big detractor, but George probably just sat there and signed 285 PF's and did a few too low. It won't surprise me if a few more turn up a little low.

#87 12 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Looks like Christopher Hutchins LE has a hidden signature too! WOWZERS!

Man that guy is depressing, it seems like he hates the pin. Why buy it?

#88 12 years ago

Christopher seems to be a laid back kinda guy. He is extremely nice on the phone and very professional. Not to mention an asset to pinball restorations. Amazing work! I really appreciate these videos he is showing on a NIB experience. I am looking over my TF also and making it a little more "tighty".

#89 12 years ago

Wow his signature is worse then mine. I cant believe I am getting a new game and what if the new one is worse then the one I have already. Stern is really dropping the ball and needs to step it up. I know for a fact I will not be buying another stern without playing the game 1st. I don't like the ball flow on TF I think the ramps ruin it as there not smooth or fluid and take away from the ball flow and I am not the 1st person to say it. I might be selling my TF in a couple of months. I know my buddy Pat from endless pinball after playing mine is not going to keep his when it comes in he is going to sell it.

#90 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I cant believe I am getting a new game and what if the new one is worse then the one I have already.

interesting...i bought my tron pro based on 'nothing'. my friend bought a NIB Wizard of Oz..with no clue wtf he is going to expect.

all i can say it, bite the bullet brother. tought call, but its true. i hear now they are supposed to play every machine before it leaves the factory? still not seeing that one, cuz the NIB transformers i played game 1 on was laughable...sticking flipper, engineering design flaws. i just hope they turn this around. i'm not trying to be negative, but common, 7000 for a machine that is jacked out of the box? really?

#91 12 years ago

Maybe a small point, but from a woodworking perspective I really disagree with trimming off the laminate on the cabinet edges as he does in that video. That's the worst place for the laminate edge to be - every time someone brushes against it from the back it's going to tend to peel that way. And if it peels away a little, there's always the chance someone really catches it with something and gives it a good tear. I'm not sure if Stern was thinking this, but for the sake of durability, you're much better off leaving it with the wrap around...

#92 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

Wow his signature is worse then mine. I cant believe I am getting a new game and what if the new one is worse then the one I have already. Stern is really dropping the ball and needs to step it up. I know for a fact I will not be buying another stern without playing the game 1st. I don't like the ball flow on TF I think the ramps ruin it as there not smooth or fluid and take away from the ball flow and I am not the 1st person to say it. I might be selling my TF in a couple of months. I know my buddy Pat from endless pinball after playing mine is not going to keep his when it comes in he is going to sell it.

I couldn't disagree more. But, opinions are what they are. I think it is has amazing flow in the inner and out orbits, the ramps still have some flow even with the MPF's... I have played both versions and they are both good. I can't see how someone wouldn't like this game. To each his own.

#93 12 years ago

Stern may have squeezed them out a bit fast and had some issues pop up but, they are fixing it. Plus we all would have been bitching had we not gotten them before Christmas. I guess it's always something.

#94 12 years ago
    Quoted from BigOrange:

Maybe a small point, but from a woodworking perspective I really disagree with trimming off the laminate on the cabinet edges as he does in that video. That's the worst place for the laminate edge to be - every time someone brushes against it from the back it's going to tend to peel that way. And if it peels away a little, there's always the chance someone really catches it with something and gives it a good tear. I'm not sure if Stern was thinking this, but for the sake of durability, you're much better off leaving it with the wrap around...

I thought that too,I would rather have them wrap around.

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tf-decepticon-35/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.