(Topic ID: 43499)

TF Code Updates Only, Post Your Thoughts Here.

By pinball_erie

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dinot
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

Like I said, it came from the factory that way, so I figured they had it set like that for a reason. Figured there would be 50 min games like LOTR has, and didn't want 2 games that do that. But even with the Rubbers on and posts in the middle, my game times are nowhere near LOTR.

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Like I said, it came from the factory that way, so I figured they had it set like that for a reason. Figured there would be 50 min games like LOTR has, and didn't want 2 games that do that. But even with the Rubbers on and posts in the middle, my game times are nowhere near LOTR.

If the game has the content, then it theoretically at some point should be as long as it takes to get through that content. Lotsa modes = long games.

#103 11 years ago

Just had another game where I was - I think anyway - within one shot of beating Optimus in one go as an Autobot. Still haven't done it! It's a freaking rush to get so close ...and then to get shut down...ahhhhhhshhhhhhhheeeeeeaaaaaattttttt!!!!

#104 11 years ago

Does anyone know if you can adjust the number of shots needed for a mode completion? I really want to set the numbers lower, rather than just upping the time. Also i'd like to be able to change the number of shots needed for mode start rather than the number of places lit.

I think settings, settings, settings is the way forward, then everyone can adjust to their hearts content

#105 11 years ago

Yes, set the mode start to easy, or whatever. I've had mine set to hard since ive had it, but I'm going to back it down to medium and see if I can get further along.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Do you guys have the gate active or no gate?

No Gate also

#107 11 years ago

Same here.

#108 11 years ago

dumb question , when you say no gate , do you physically remove the gate ?

#109 11 years ago

Yes, set the mode start to easy, or whatever. I've had mine set to hard since ive had it, but I'm going to back it down to medium and see if I can get further along.

I think I'm going mad, as no matter what I change in the settings the number of shots needed to start a mode is still 4. The only thing that changes is how many arrows are lit, ie to shoot for. Also I cannot change the shot number within the mode, just the time??? Am I missing something here?????

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Yup. Take that sucker right off.

#111 11 years ago

I did not know you could change the # of shots for a mode for completion,I wish you could

#112 11 years ago

You might be right....always 4 to start, but you have more available shots. Although making Optimus and Megatron easier cut down on the number of shots needed to qualify, I believe.

Re: gate. Some have removed the gate mech entirely. Many just zip tie it open. That's how I bought mine. Only played it "stock" at PHOF, and the timer would start without the ball I there and run down and something else didn't work...it just didn't work well with the gate for some reason.

So anyone getting to the Wiz modes now? I still haven't!

#113 11 years ago

Not yet...I am about 3 balls away from getting there. game is still damn too hard

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Yup. Take that sucker right off.

what is the benefit of taking it off?

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from luch:

what is the benefit of taking it off?

Just my opinion here (obviously) but I'd say:

1) You can actually SEE the mini playfield.
2) Make keeping the ball up there more challenging/interesting.
3) There are some interesting things you can do with mode timers & mini playfield. Since the mode timers don't count down while the mini playfield is running you can do things like start Ironhide, then let the ball roll out, take a shot to start a mode and then have 20 extra seconds before the mode counter starts counting down. In the case of Bumblebee all shots stay at FULL VALUE until after the Ironhide timer runs out. Some may think that's cheating, but I think it's strategic.

#116 11 years ago

awesome info. That's not cheating, that's a really cool aspect to the game that can be managed for optimum point scoring. Great post!

#117 11 years ago

Oh… I forgot one!

4) If the ball lands in the mini playfield after bouncing off Optimus, you don't have to wait for a ball search! It just rolls out.

#118 11 years ago

Yes under the new code, SP playing as both factions, but no Cybertron. I had also been to SP playing as both factions under the no mb progression code. The new code definitely allows for more opportunity to reach SP.

And keep at it, you'll get there!

Let us know how you like it

All Hail Megatron!

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Since the mode timers don't count down while the mini playfield is running you can do things like start Ironhide, then let the ball roll out, take a shot to start a mode and then have 20 extra seconds before the mode counter starts counting down. In the case of Bumblebee all shots stay at FULL VALUE until after the Ironhide timer runs out. Some may think that's cheating, but I think it's strategic.

I didn't realise that! I guess this means you can actually use the same strategy with the gate on when you use ramp entry as Ironhide recognition... I have the gate on, and several times, when Ironhide is ready, the ball might just trigger the ramp entry gate but not go into Ironhide. This is enough to start Ironhide rocking although the ball isn't in there... So in this state I guess I can also start a mode and not have the timers count down...?? Not tried it or looked for it... AND, what happens if you start Ironhide and the ball's not in there (either by removing the gate or by not making it up the ramp) and then you hit All Sparks before starting a mode!!?? This will extend the timer in Ironhide, which will give you even more time in the mode (and with Bumblebee at max)... Now that's a strategy worth knowing about!! When in the mode you can light and hit All Sparks again and get even more time in the mode!!

One advantage of keeping the gate on is that when you start OP, the shot to start it can go into the Ironhide p/f, so it stays there while the MB is running, which is a great help!!

That's not cheating, that's a really cool aspect to the game that can be managed for optimum point scoring. Great post!

I'm not sure that modifying the game and taking advantage of it is strictly not cheating Leaving the gate on and having a similar advantage definitely isn't cheating though

#120 10 years ago

I would have liked to have seen an option to abort animations.

#121 10 years ago

You can abort animations and voice when your locking balls in Megatron.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from luch:

I just tie strapped it open. Way easier and less permanent than removing it.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from crank:

You can abort animations and voice when your locking balls in Megatron.

I haven't noticed in that specific instance. But in general, you cannot abort animations. I have SM and BDK right next to TF and IM. SM and BDK have a menu option for aborting animations. (Under adjustments, game...one of the last options)
Strangly enough, what I consider to be Stern's fastest games, IM and TF Pro, don't have that option in the menu. Maybe they want you to catch your breath.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tf-code-updates-only-post-your-thoughts-here/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.