• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Apollyon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi all,
I've got a problem that has been bugging me on my TF.
The Bumblebee car is very "sluggish" Often it gets stuck and doesn't roll back. Most often if gets stuck on the roll over switch or higher up. And usually it is touching the left wall when it is stuck. As coils fire in the game (flippers and others), it shakes the PF enough to get the car to roll back. I just replaced the car itself but the problem still persists. Any ideas on what I can do to get it to roll back?

Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

Maybe adjust the roll over switch. Take the plastic off and see
Where its hanging up. It should roll pretty smooth. Mine does.

#3 11 years ago

The two places which make it stuck are the switch and the top 1/3 of that lane where it turns ever so slightly to the left.

#4 11 years ago

I am thinking if the car had more weight it wouldn't get stuck. Now the previous owner had replaced the car. I replaced that one with the exact same model. I wonder if that one is the correct one.

The one I bought is:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041SC4P6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

#5 11 years ago

I have the same issue. It bothered me for a while and I tried to fix it but it still does it a fair bit. Doesn't affect gameplay so I stopped letting it bother me. If you come up with a fix, let me know.

#6 11 years ago

Apollyon,
Thanks that is re-assuring to hear. (That this problem is not unique to my game)

#7 11 years ago

Mine did this. Took off the plastic; sure enough, a ball hit on the plastic of bumblebee and caused the roof to snap which lifted it. So it then snagged on the plastic causing the issue. Emailed Patrick, he was quick to send out a replacement car; replaced and hadn't had an issue since. Make sure you get the new plastic protector from Patrick to when you email him. I think the problem started before I put on the new plastic.

SKB

EDIT
[email protected]

#8 11 years ago

I'll look into it. I think my issue is that the passenger side quarter panel of the car comes into contact with the right side of the wall and causes the car to get stuck. I actually got the plastic protector from the previous owner (not installed yet). I'll put that in tonight.

Thanks.

#9 11 years ago

My TFLE had a plastic protector over Bumblebee when I got it, was there a different(better) plastic Stern was offering or did it use to not have a protector over it at all?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I'll look into it. I think my issue is that the passenger side quarter panel of the car comes into contact with the right side of the wall and causes the car to get stuck.

This is the same as what happens to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tf-bumblebee-car and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.