(Topic ID: 86064)

Texas Pinball Festival...Did You Buy Anything?

By derek533

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140401_061618.jpg
    4squarebg.jpg
    laserballpf.jpg
    xenonnl.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider derek533.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Bought my first pin there, a Batman Forever. Overall, it's definitely above a players machine and is probably much closer to being a cq machine if I would do a handful of things to it. The nice thing is, no broken plastics and the playfield is mint. Cab is probably a 8.5/10. Overall, a wonderful machine and my kids are loving it.

Big thumbs up to Big70 on here who helped me a ton and gave me lots of good information as well as helped get the machine out to my van.

What did you guys score?

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, the only thing I bought were some raffle tickets and head bolts this year...and four meals at wild pitch. What can I say, the fish and chips were awesome there.
    I was tempted with those two NBA Fast Breaks that were hard wired in. What an amazing head to head experience.

Were those Fastbreaks at the back near Cointaker's display? If so, I had my eye on one of them, but the seller said they were already spoken for (in theory). It was the same guy I bought my BF from.

I agree, hardwired together, they were a blast to play. There was also a nice RFM that was reasonably priced ($2400) as well from the same seller.

My only problem with NBAFB, is that to me, it just didn't seem like a very deep game. Maybe I'm not that familiar with the rules however.

Overall, I'd say most of the pins were reasonably priced at the show. Some were a little high, but overall, most seem to be in the realm of normal and not out of this world save the Funhouse that sold for $5k at auction.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

You'll get a chance to play those linked NBAFB on location in the Austin area soon....

LOL

#33 10 years ago

Speaking of my first pin, anyone know a good place to get new playfield glass for a widebody?

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kilowog2814:

Best thing to do is contact my brother Greg at Help (at) pinballswag.com and let him know what size you need.
    He got an account set up at a local glass dealer there in Dallas. He's the one who had the glass at the show.
    He also comes to Oklahoma a lot, or I can get it when I go down there. (I'm in Moore)

It was nice meeting you as well, Scott I believe (terrible with names)? Yeah, I'll shoot him an email as soon as I can get my kids off of it long enough to get the glass measurements.

The green leg protectors are a perfect match to the green on the cab in BF btw.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kilowog2814:

Glad they worked out.
    It's Steve, but I don't mind. I'm also horrible with names and it was extremely loud in there.

Doh! Now I'll remember though .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider derek533.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festivaldid-you-buy-anything?tu=derek533 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.