(Topic ID: 86064)

Texas Pinball Festival...Did You Buy Anything?

By derek533

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140401_061618.jpg
    4squarebg.jpg
    laserballpf.jpg
    xenonnl.jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

The HUO F-14 got a lot of compliments all weekend, I was glad I was able to bring it for everyone to play. It now has a new home in an upstairs Frisco gameroom.

That was a very nice example. I added that game to my wishlist based on the play I had on that one. Would love one in my collection one day as well.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That was a very nice example. I added that game to my wishlist based on the play I had on that one. Would love one in my collection one day as well.

If the playfields come out soon like Rick said they should, hopefully my dad will bring his restored one to TPF next year. His looks great as it stands, but a brand new playfield will be amazing. The game is brutal as it is, it will be insane with a brand new playfield

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

If the playfields come out soon like Rick said they should, hopefully my dad will bring his restored one to TPF next year. His looks great as it stands, but a brand new playfield will be amazing. The game is brutal as it is, it will be insane with a brand new playfield

Yea, the game suffers from the same problem a lot of BSD's have with inserts raising and in a couple examples depressing. New playfields would rock for this fast paced classic.

#54 10 years ago

I bought an LED kit for my Earthshaker from Coin Taker and a LED alpha-numeric from Rottendog. I was extremely pleased with the service from both vendors. I also bought a new set of play field plastics from a vendor of which I forgot the name. Anyone know the name of the vendor with all the new play fields?

#55 10 years ago
    #56 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kilowog2814:

Glad they worked out.
    It's Steve, but I don't mind. I'm also horrible with names and it was extremely loud in there.

Doh! Now I'll remember though .

#57 10 years ago

I purchased a 'seconds' Black Knight playfield from Starship Fantasy. It has off white paint in the shooter lane and under the apron area. Luckily only half of the shooter lane will be visible once installed in a game. Will be a while before this gets done.

#58 10 years ago

Anyone buy anything at the auction? Crazy prices...I hope most were buybucks. Saw a "HUO" (had some wear on one of the scoops) POC go for 5,100 or so (without the roughly 25% taxes and fees on hammer price.) There was one in decent condition in the festival with an asking price of 4k! Wanted to grab that guys bidding paddle away from him and slap some sense into him.

All together now "recently serviced by a professional pinball technician!" Personally I would let that technician anywhere near my games...more half the ones I played were jacked.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from joemamma:

The other thing I didn't like was the MASSIVELY LOUD PA SYSTEM!!!

Are you kidding me? You must be the only person in the entire building that could hear that thing clearly.

#60 10 years ago

I bought lots of Mezel Mods at TPF. They are great and what great people to deal with! In fact, I just placed another order today!

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from blackjack33:

Anyone buy anything at the auction? Crazy prices...I hope most were buybucks.

I don't know if this is true but I heard 90% were buy backs, including the Varkon that went for $9,800 or something like that (I guess its reserve was 10k). I thought those prices at the auction were pretty high (especially considering you have to pay the fees too...), but I guess they just weren't meeting the reserve...

#62 10 years ago

Food and Gas.
    I think the only thing I bought was some LEDs from Cointaker. And a PIA repair for my DE Star Trek.

#63 10 years ago

Got a damn tasty burger at that cart outside
    Free shaved ice too

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from leaffan67:

I bought lots of Mezel Mods at TPF. They are great and what great people to deal with! In fact, I just placed another order today!

That's for paying for the 30 beers I bought, glad you enjoyed the mods!

#65 10 years ago

I bought two sets of glow in the dark glo-balls for my future Predator, some PinballSwag shirts, lots of tournament tickets, some surprisingly tasty hot dogs from the hotel vendor, and three sheets of pinball glass.

Marcus

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

and three sheets of pinball glass.

That glass was RUNNING out the door. If they'd had widebody and I hadn't had a 9 hour drive...

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festivaldid-you-buy-anything/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.