(Topic ID: 86064)

Texas Pinball Festival...Did You Buy Anything?

By derek533

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20140401_061618.jpg
    4squarebg.jpg
    laserballpf.jpg
    xenonnl.jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Bought my first pin there, a Batman Forever. Overall, it's definitely above a players machine and is probably much closer to being a cq machine if I would do a handful of things to it. The nice thing is, no broken plastics and the playfield is mint. Cab is probably a 8.5/10. Overall, a wonderful machine and my kids are loving it.

Big thumbs up to Big70 on here who helped me a ton and gave me lots of good information as well as helped get the machine out to my van.

What did you guys score?

#2 6 years ago

Got a giant 6' x 4' fathead of Attack From Mars, some super bands, and a new night light for my little helper at home.

#3 6 years ago

Balls, opto boards, hv repair kit, and left a driver board for repairs. After seeing some of the machines decked out with good LEDs, I really wanted to pick some up but decided to save my money. I would have sold or traded my SP for a JM, LAH, or LCA if given the option.

#4 6 years ago

Pre-purchased one of the two Metallica Pro's that were in the tournament area. This was a really light year, got some yellow cabinet protectors from PinSwag and a braided pinball keychain from Mezel.

#5 6 years ago

We considered one machine but were too slow to decide. Maybe for the best since we don't yet have the space at home or in the car since we bought 6 playfield glasses. Couldn't pass up $30 each and no shipping charge.

Also got a big bag of NiftyLEDs, a glare guard, manual, flyer and a few other small things. My wife bought some non-pinball stuff during the swap meet from a guy who later beat me out of 3rd place in the C division Texas State tourney. He got a hell of a deal.

Bought PF/backglass wall art and nightlight from the Wizard Enterprises booth:
    laserballpf.jpg
    4squarebg.jpg
    xenonnl.jpg

#6 6 years ago

An Earthshaker project from Mk1Mod0, Whitewater (color DMD rocks!) from Marc @ Elevation, 5 sheets of glass, clear TZ ramp, Earthshaker backglass & Tshirt, and finally 100 super warm retro bulbs for backglass lighting (ONLY) on EMs.

Wanted to also buy an HUO F14 from Marc, but had to draw the line somewhere. Several EMs caught my eye, but the ones I wanted weren't for sale.

#7 6 years ago

The Super Pacman at 400 dollars was very very tempting. I had to pass since I need my money desperately for other things non pinball related.

#8 6 years ago

Congrats on your first pin OP. Batman Forever is a great game.

I did not buy a game this year but I was glad to see so many for sale. Way more than last year.

#9 6 years ago

That F-14 was sweet! I also got a sheet of glass for my Banzai and some shiny pinballs for the MM. I put that stuff right in on the floor and gave away the old glass.

#10 6 years ago

I did not have time to shop or play pinball. I did buy about 30 beers.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

An Earthshaker project from Mk1Mod0, Whitewater (color DMD rocks!) from Marc @ Elevation, 5 sheets of glass, clear TZ ramp, Earthshaker backglass & Tshirt, and finally 100 super warm retro bulbs for backglass lighting (ONLY) on EMs.
    Wanted to also buy an HUO F14 from Marc, but had to draw the line somewhere. Several EMs caught my eye, but the ones I wanted weren't for sale.

I was wondering who got that WH2O, looked like a great deal. Really enjoyed playing it, now I want one too

#12 6 years ago

I almost bought that headless Space Invaders pin, but decided I just wanted to use the head I have for an interactive wall hanging instead. Bought a handful of LEDs, some rubber, a couple of NVRAMs and a LCD RAM tester kit. The Paragon plastic set I had Paul Faris sign was a great purchase. But, oddly enough, my favorite purchase was the dust covered Freefall playfield that I bought to use for spare parts for the craigslist Freefall I got a tip on during the show and just picked up tonight.

The guy I bought it from worked with my dad at the telephone company 30 years ago. Small world?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

I did not have time to shop or play pinball. I did buy about 30 beers.

With those hotel beer prices that amounts to a decent EM machine!

#14 6 years ago

I bought a TOM LED kit from Cointaker, an X-Men and TOM Shooter rod from the pinball mirror guys next to Cointaker, some AnyPin RAM chips from lockwhenlit, a MB Coffin decal from that place in the middle that had all those playfields and backglasses.

Sold my Asteroids Cocktail and Tabletop Multicade. Still have my Bubbles Cocktail for sale.

#15 6 years ago

It seemed like machines were selling well this year. I don't know if it sold, but while I was playing a couple of games on the TZ near the entrance, at least three people came up and wrote down the sellers info. A lot of sold signs on games as well.

As for me, I spent a whopping 4 bucks on a set of flipper rubbers!

#16 6 years ago

Yea, the only thing I bought were some raffle tickets and head bolts this year...and four meals at wild pitch. What can I say, the fish and chips were awesome there.

I was tempted with those two NBA Fast Breaks that were hard wired in. What an amazing head to head experience.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

It seemed like machines were selling well this year. I don't know if it sold, but while I was playing a couple of games on the TZ near the entrance, at least three people came up and wrote down the sellers info. A lot of sold signs on games as well.
    As for me, I spent a whopping 4 bucks on a set of flipper rubbers!

I still have the TZ for sale. It had audits of close ton700 plays. Just got done cleaning it and putting new rubbers and balls in it. It also won runner up for best custom. Frax beat me with his STTNG.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from marlboroa:

I still have the TZ for sale. It had audits of close ton700 plays. Just got done cleaning it and putting new rubbers and balls in it. It also won runner up for best custom. Frax beat me with his STTNG.

That was a very nice twilight zone. I only got to play two games on it but it was dialed in superbly. Thanks for bringing it.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from marlboroa:

I still have the TZ for sale.

I'm surprised by that. It was a very cool game, and like I said the interest level seemed really high. Had I not, been there done that, with TZ I'd be calling you myself.

#20 6 years ago

Sold ms pac cocktail, galaga upright and elvis.
    Bought metallica pro, led kit for tallica and superbands for all my pins from cointaker. Also bought sparky mod from pinball sidemirrors and metallica side decals from kimballs pinballs.

Would have liked to have sold Silverball Mania but it didnt happen. Had a few low ball offers. The best one was a guy that texted me and said i have $500 cash. I replied back....thats a little low. He said thats all he had. I replied back again, "well there is an atm outside of the ballroom, just sayin"

#21 6 years ago

My cousin purchased the Alien Poker for a great deal in the last 20 min. of the show.
    Fully working, new replacement CPU and crisp and bright displays.
    Drove it home and played few rounds on it before it got too late.
    I purchased some new pinball legs, lots of Cointaker LED's, a light up speaker panel for my AC/DC, lots of shiny new pinballs, some Pingulp holders for our pins in the gameroom and some bridge rectifiers in the parts booth across the hall.
    My brother won a drawing and got a Star Trek translite and a Stern Pinball shirt.
    I'm sure there is more, but that is what I remember at the moment.

#22 6 years ago

Bought TMNT... finally found one my wife liked

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Bought TMNT... finally found one my wife liked

Which is why I came home with Whitewater. And the wife played more pinball yesterday than I've seen in nearly a year.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, the only thing I bought were some raffle tickets and head bolts this year...and four meals at wild pitch. What can I say, the fish and chips were awesome there.
    I was tempted with those two NBA Fast Breaks that were hard wired in. What an amazing head to head experience.

Were those Fastbreaks at the back near Cointaker's display? If so, I had my eye on one of them, but the seller said they were already spoken for (in theory). It was the same guy I bought my BF from.

I agree, hardwired together, they were a blast to play. There was also a nice RFM that was reasonably priced ($2400) as well from the same seller.

My only problem with NBAFB, is that to me, it just didn't seem like a very deep game. Maybe I'm not that familiar with the rules however.

Overall, I'd say most of the pins were reasonably priced at the show. Some were a little high, but overall, most seem to be in the realm of normal and not out of this world save the Funhouse that sold for $5k at auction.

#25 6 years ago

You'll get a chance to play those linked NBAFB on location in the Austin area soon....

#26 6 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe, boards and a manual for my SI project and lots of raffle tickets for a great cause. ARC is a great organization and charity, but the WWP hits much closer to home. Thanks to whoever arranged that.

#27 6 years ago

I bought a Flash Gordon and a used wpc backbox warning screen for my TAF and Wh20 restore projects.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

I bought a Flash Gordon and a used wpc screen for my TAF and Wh20 restore projects.

Where in the world did you find that?! That was one of the games I was hoping to be there

The only thing I picked up was a MM and Funhouse playfield.

#29 6 years ago

It was my first TPF and I sold my street fighter 2, but didn't buy anything at the show, now last night I bought something because of the show..my first NIB game, Star Trek Premium.

#30 6 years ago

I threw an offer for F14 but didn't agree with them on price. Sucks. I really wanted that pin. I really want F14 period. I was so hopeful that TPF would be the weekend I would get one.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

Where in the world did you find that?! That was one of the games I was hoping to be there
    The only thing I picked up was a MM and Funhouse playfield.

I got it in a pre TPF deal with another pinside member along with cash for my Dirty Harry.
    It should be ready for TPF next year after I restencil the cab and touch up some playfield wear.

20140401_061618.jpg
    #32 6 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

You'll get a chance to play those linked NBAFB on location in the Austin area soon....

LOL

#33 6 years ago

Speaking of my first pin, anyone know a good place to get new playfield glass for a widebody?

#34 6 years ago

The HUO F-14 got a lot of compliments all weekend, I was glad I was able to bring it for everyone to play. It now has a new home in an upstairs Frisco gameroom.

On a personal collection note. I was finally able to purchase an Ice Cold Beer. Really stoked about it, I'll get it unloaded next weekend and we'll find out if it's a keeper or not.

#35 6 years ago

Your local glass shop can order a no logo tempered sheet from the nearest place with that capability, which might be Dallas. Check that versus the normal pinball web stores.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

The HUO F-14 got a lot of compliments all weekend, I was glad I was able to bring it for everyone to play. It now has a new home in an upstairs Frisco gameroom.
    On a personal collection note. I was finally able to purchase an Ice Cold Beer. Really stoked about it, I'll get it unloaded next weekend and we'll find out if it's a keeper or not.

Congrats - I was hoping to shuffle some things around and convince myself to buy that F14!

I still have not played an Ice cold beer, saw one but it was offline when I got to it.

#37 6 years ago

I picked up some mirror blades for my LotR, Stern LED DMD (that I thought was white and was told so by the seller, but was red when I got it home.....they refunded the money so all good), Marco t-shirt, Paragon pop caps.....and I think that is it. My mom won a ST translite in the raffle and had Steve Ritchie sign it and gave it to me yesterday to put in my machine I knew she was getting it signed, but I figured they were going to hang it up in their game room, so that was a nice surprise. Thanks mom!

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

I still have not played an Ice cold beer, saw one but it was offline when I got to it.

There were actually 3 at the show this year, crazy. I bought mine before the show during setup off one of the local DFW Pinball guys. It made it till late Saturday and one of the motors went out. Luckily as a part of the purchase I got an extra populated playfield and an extra motor.

#39 6 years ago

ICB was lot of fun and I am glad there were a few there as I had never played one.

#40 6 years ago

I picked up the Star Trek Pro from the Marco booth. Was super excited to get Steve R to sign the translight for me. He also asked if he could "play test" it for me so he could let me know if it needed any tweaks. Like he even needed to ask

He had a great game on it and even fixed a switch that wasn't registering properly on it. Got it signed and worked on by the king, so needless to say I was excited.

#41 6 years ago

I must be in the minority but I really don't like games with 100% LEDs. Just way to overpowering and hard on the eyes. It seems everyone else loves them because there were very few games without LEDs.

The other thing I didn't like was the MASSIVELY LOUD PA SYSTEM!!! WOW, that was as "over the top" as most of the led lite games. Good show but not sure I'll return.

Chris Kruger

#42 6 years ago

Thanks for the kind words Derek. It was a pleasure to meet you. Pinballz Arcade bought one of the NBAFB & I gave them the linking cable I made, so you should see 2 linked @ Pinballz pretty soon. Gregg @ Pinball Swag bought the other, so they were both spoken for. I really enjoyed them linked. I'll probably end up looking to get two more at some point. Was a great show. I bought a few parts & a few translights from PinballSwag, but no pins. I had some purchases lined up when I got back home, so I was needing to definitely sell a few titles to make room & make the buys back home easier. Did like the new Star Trek though. Was my first time to see & play it. Took 12 pins & sold 10. Came home with STTNG & X-menLE Wolverine.

All the pins held up great. Each came out with between 420 - 520 plays. Had a few stuck balls, 2 coils had a winding break, & 1 flasher holder broke under the playfield on NASCAR, and the ground wire touched something, which knocked out a switch column transistor. Got it all fixed pretty quick. All in all a successful & fun show.

#43 6 years ago

That Xmen LE was beautiful. I wish I had the funds to pick that up.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from derek533:

Big thumbs up to Big70 on here who helped me a ton and gave me lots of good information as well as helped get the machine out to my van.

I'll give another big thumbs up to Big70. I took the TOM and the WCS94 off his hands. Great guy to deal with, easily the best purchasing experience I've ever had in this hobby.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from derek533:

Speaking of my first pin, anyone know a good place to get new playfield glass for a widebody?

Best thing to do is contact my brother Greg at Help (at) pinballswag.com and let him know what size you need.
    He got an account set up at a local glass dealer there in Dallas. He's the one who had the glass at the show.
    He also comes to Oklahoma a lot, or I can get it when I go down there. (I'm in Moore)

#46 6 years ago

Thanks Mr_Freshie. Was a pleasure to meet & deal with you too. I hope the surprise you planned was a big hit!

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kilowog2814:

He's the one who had the glass at the show.

May have been the best deal of the festival (other than the festival itself ). I bought 6 to replace my beat up (and 1 non-tempered) glass and my pins looks lots better now.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Big70:

I hope the surprise you planned was a big hit!

It was. I crumbled and had to let them break the 'homework first' rule so they could get in a few games on the WCS94. Then they started planning what friends they were going to invite over for a pinball party...

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kilowog2814:

Best thing to do is contact my brother Greg at Help (at) pinballswag.com and let him know what size you need.
    He got an account set up at a local glass dealer there in Dallas. He's the one who had the glass at the show.
    He also comes to Oklahoma a lot, or I can get it when I go down there. (I'm in Moore)

It was nice meeting you as well, Scott I believe (terrible with names)? Yeah, I'll shoot him an email as soon as I can get my kids off of it long enough to get the glass measurements.

The green leg protectors are a perfect match to the green on the cab in BF btw.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from derek533:

It was nice meeting you as well, Scott I believe (terrible with names)? Yeah, I'll shoot him an email as soon as I can get my kids off of it long enough to get the glass measurements.
    The green leg protectors are a perfect match to the green on the cab in BF btw.

Glad they worked out.
    It's Steve, but I don't mind. I'm also horrible with names and it was extremely loud in there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 65.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 67.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 750.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 32.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 0.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinJewels
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 9.00
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.50
    Magazines/books
    Pinball Magazine
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside