(Topic ID: 42302)

TPF --> Texas Pinball Festival - What are you selling?

By Beez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00225.JPG
    DSC00224.JPG
    DSC00223.JPG
    DSC01440.JPG
    mk-shirt.jpg
    100_0321.JPG
    100_0320.JPG
    2013-03-13_11.27.44.jpg
    IMG_4528.JPG
    100_0305.JPG
    100_0303.JPG
    iphone_216.JPG
    iphone_215.JPG
    iphone_213.JPG
    iphone_212.JPG
    IMG_1390.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Brentslane:

I did list the price on the DFW pinball group Facebook page.
    Price is $8000 or best offer.
    I paid $6500 + 425 shipping and added the upgrades.
    LED Lightning Backbox kit was $325 + shipping
    BAC Mods - Buildings $150 + shipping
    BAC building / Subway / Venom / Sandman / Goblin flasher kit - $150 I think + shipping
    Topper - $135 + shipping
    Customer spiderman red shooter - $100 + shipping
    Green Goblin w/ LED pumpkin bombs - $110 + shipping (I think)
    Custom paint work on legs, rails, door, shooter, hinges (paint price + labor) ?
    Sandman with lighted hammer - $60 + trade in of my sandman
    New set of red flipper bats - $70
    Includes many more...

Is it a Black Spider Man?

#29 11 years ago

I'm really hoping to see some 10/10 collector quality upgraded early solid state machines. A HEP Centaur or HEP Gorgar (if any exist) with LEDs and shining playfields and clear coated box artwork would be hard for me not to leave with if priced fairly. I can't wait to check out all these games.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

Not HEP, but Keith Holbrook restored some Solid State games for me.
    Atari Superman
    Williams Cosmic Gunfight
    Also bringing my Keith Holbrook restored 1972 Bally Fireball EM as well as my mint Bally Medusa and my restored Wedgheads, Gottlieb Team One & Gottlieb Spin-A-Card.
    I will also have a very nice Williams BlackOut at the show.
    And be sure to visit Stern Row for some restored Classic Sterns.
    There will also be some restored Gottlieb Wedgeheads like King of Diamonds, Flip-A-Card, Buckaroo and some others.
    The TPF will be flush with restored Classic Solid State and Gottlieb Wedgehead games!
    Marcus

Man, this show is going rock, as Nevus said. I think I may need to rent a van. The funny thing is, I have to fly out of Dallas on Sunday so if I rent a van and buy some 10/10 restored early SS games, my wife is going to have to drive them back for me while I fly off to work for the week. I don't know why I find that amusing but I do . . . she occasionally checks on me on this site so I hope she doesn't log on to this chain. LOL.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

Not HEP, but Keith Holbrook restored some Solid State games for me.

Does Keith have a webpage showing his work? Thanks in advance!

#51 11 years ago
    Quoted from Speed:

Love to see it... This was supposed to be my first Stern purchase years ago, but sadly I had my priorities way out of whack - busy with work and family

LOL, I think I was trying to push you to LOTR's . . . at the time you were looking years ago SM's code was a mess and I thought they were done improving it. A Black Spider Man sure would have been a good investment though; I still can't believe how much those sell for.

Quoted from Big70:

Bringing Addams Family, Star Trek 25th, Lord of the Rings, Twilight Zone, Creature from Black Lagoon, Revenge From Mars, and maybe Star Wars Episode 1 & Tales of Arabian Nights. Will also be bringing my NOS Creature playfield with the naked lady if anyone has interest in it.

That Creature playfield is NOS? Meaning it was originally made by the B/W at the time the machine was made? I have never seen one before...how many did they make? Looks cool to me; I'd put that in mine if I had one for sure.

#60 11 years ago

Alright, Speed and I have booked our rooms at the show's hotel and we are bringing our spouses. This is going to be my first show; I'm pumped!

The funny thing is my wife actually "walked in on me" at my office while I was also trying to book a cargo van . . . so I'm officially busted. I tried the whole "nah, we are just going to ride up there in style, view it as a large limo", she didn't buy it . . . she knows I plan to come back with a new pin or two if there are some breath takers that I'm interested in (I really want an early SS CQ 10/10 show piece work of art for my office).

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from Speed:

Same here bro. Seems you have created a monster b/c she plays everyday after the kids go to bed and considers every sub GC score game a losing effort - what a peach!
    I too would love to pick up a few more - hoping to see some great machines and mods.

Is my score on AC/DC still holding up? K stopped me from completing my search for the cargo van yesterday. I'm going to give it another shot today. LMAO

#73 11 years ago

I am actually now considering bringing my Party Zone to sell at the show. Think there would be any interest in the title or should I just trade it in for store credit with local distributor?

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

My .02
    1. Bring it and put it I'm the show for people to enjoy (lots of room in the club booth). There's. no Party Zone on the list.
    2. Sell it at the show. Distributor needs to buy low and sell high.
    3. If you're bringing one... Might as well bring 2.

Hmm, think I may just bring it. I'll need to change out the DMD (gassing out) and mess around with the coin door some. If it sells great if it doesn't I'll just trade it in to the distro.

Don't think I'll bring any of the others though. Two six hour drives seems like it would be too jarring on them.

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from Beez:

Texas Pinball Festival WEEK has arrived !!!!

I am pumped. Got a nice room at the hotel too. Looks like they still have plenty of room for late bookers as well...they had a surprising amount of availability and some really good rates.

#89 11 years ago

If someone has a really nice example of a BSD and are on the fence about selling it and bringing it to the show, PM me. I'm on the hunt for one and wouldn't mind making a deal before the show; only interested in a really good conditioned one with a nice and shiny playfield, no project - will pay handsomely for CQ if one is available in such a condition. Thanks!

#125 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Selling or possible trading Dr. Dude.
    Clearcoated playfield
    LEDs in playfield (seems pretty obvious)
    new legs
    will be installing a new set of Xpin green LED displays at the show.

I think I put about five games on that Dr. Dude tonight. Great looking and dash playing game. Easily the nicest Dr. Dude I have ever seen. Nice work.

My thoughts of walking out of here with a BSD do not look good. Only two here. The nicer of the two is not for sale and the other is up for 3k. They sure do have a lot of nice machines here though. What a cool show.

#130 11 years ago

Yea, I'm just blown away. Been playing since 10am. Finally taking a brief break. This show is amazing!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-whats-everyone-bringing-to-sell?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.