mind blown.gif
image-171.jpg
mr-rogers-1.jpg
laughing girl.gif
images.jpeg
indi-arc-1.gif
Bullshit.jpg
SAM_1887.JPG
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 10 years ago

I am the original owner. Box has never been opened. It has been kept in a climate controlled home. I have the original paperwork. This is one of the original 183 or so. This is not expp pin. It is the standard model with black trim.

Delivery to Atlanta is an option. Plenty of experience shipping, so that is not a problem.

Price is $22,950. Prefer straight sale, but might consider possible trade plus cash. Interested in Star Trek LE, Stern IJ, or perhaps a fully restored Williams/Bally DMD pin.

Please contact me direct with questions or offers.

Thanks for looking...Rob

Post edited by the_doors: change in price and shipping options

#2 10 years ago

I got that in my pocket. Hold on...right....here.... GLWS

#3 10 years ago

Week-end bump! Some interest, but still available. Thanks.

#4 10 years ago

You should easily get that price. There's one on Ebay Germany right now with bids over $30k.

#5 10 years ago

Cool! I wonder how many NIB are left. I know a guy in Cincy who sold his recently to a collector in IL. Nice to see those unboxing pics after all those years in captivity.

#6 10 years ago

I have a feeling lots of people will be selling these soon. Ed

#7 10 years ago

I would have opened this the first week I had it.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Cool! I wonder how many NIB are left. I know a guy in Cincy who sold his recently to a collector in IL. Nice to see those unboxing pics after all those years in captivity.

Still loving it.

GLWS

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Still loving it.
GLWS

I bet! I was so happy seeing your pics. I know you wanting one for about as long as I have been on Pinside.

#10 10 years ago

Final bump before the Texas Pinball Festival! Next stop will most likely be ebay. Afterwards, I will post the link here. Many thanks...hope to see everyone at the show.

#11 10 years ago

How about a NIB Mustang, NIB WOZ standard with low numbered under 100, ACDC Luci just out if box for showroom and finally a CQ Spiderman with Backalley buildings, all LEDs, McKee topper low huo. If not Spiderman I can throw in another. WOZ or a Hobbit LE

#12 10 years ago

wow... it's on sale

2 weeks later
#13 10 years ago

Well, I finally got this listed up on ebay. I will try to attach the link. Please let me know if there are any questions. Please also note, I will deliver for free to the Allentown show in May. Thanks for looking!

ebay.com link: itm

#14 10 years ago

Hey, you have your pin listed under the wrong category on Ebay.

You have listed under Pinball>>replacement parts. It should be listed under Pinball>>machines

You should get much more visibility relisting under correct category. Good luck!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

NIB WOZ standard with low numbered under 100, ACDC Luci just out if box for showroom and finally a CQ spiderman with Backalley buildings, all LEDs, McKee topper low huo. If not spiderman I can throw in another. WOZ or a Hobbit LE

Must need cash . That would be one excellent trade .

#16 10 years ago

Toaster, thanks for the heads up. I attempted to revise the listing, but it did not appear to take. I do not have much experience selling on ebay, so it may take a while. Thanks again.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from the_doors:

Toaster, thanks for the heads up. I attempted to revise the listing, but it did not appear to take. I do not have much experience selling on ebay, so it may take a while. Thanks again.

i'll help you with your ebay stuff for a small 28k consulting fee

#18 10 years ago

You're a few months too late with the sale with Rick hinting that he's going to remake BBB.

Quoted from the_doors:

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You're a few months too late with the sale with Rick hinting that he's going to remake BBB.

Collectors don't care about remakes… this is the real deal not some cheesy remake.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Collectors don't care about remakes… this is the real deal not some cheesy remake.

was wondering where you were

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

was wondering where you were

I'm everywhere… here to save the day as usual.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

i suppose the hit on the price of used MMs is merely a coincidence, huh?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i suppose the hit on the price of used MMs is merely a coincidence, huh?

I've seen price hits on all titles… wake up!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I've seen price hits on all titles… wake up!

yes, and a certain subset (hint: likely remake candidates) hit particularly hard, with MM leading the pack by a mile.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

yes, and a certain subset (hint: likely remake candidates) hit particularly hard, with MM leading the pack by a mile.

The only real hit to MM is on the routed ones… there are no routed BBB's… wake up!

#26 10 years ago

it doesn't matter anyway, the remakes are one-and-done, right teekee?

#27 10 years ago

keep it down, some of us are trying to nap here

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it doesn't matter anyway, the remakes are one-and-done, right teekee?

ONE AND DONE! wake up!

#29 10 years ago

Can we please move the debate on remakes to another thread?
The OP is trying to sell his BBB.

Back on topic, Good luck with your sale.

Let me know if you are willing to offer a 24 month financing option with the game stored with me while I pay it off! lol *wink*

Marcus

#30 10 years ago

Listing has been revised to reflect the correct category. Thanks again for looking!

#31 10 years ago

Got a chuckle from the pictures. Eleven pics of a box and a pic of the flyer.

#32 10 years ago

It is kind of funny, I agree. Not quite sure what other photos I could provide a potential buyer. Possibly photos of the original paperwork, upon request? Thanks.

#33 10 years ago

Don't have a heart attack when I say this, but you could open one flap to reveal the contents of the box and all the pin glory contained inside.

#34 10 years ago

these kinds of threads always make me wonder how much it costs to print up a cardboard box and some shrink wrap...

#35 10 years ago

Dont open the box no matter what, let the new buyer do that. Buy today's newspaper and take a picture of the box with the paper laying on top of it showing the date.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The only real hit to MM is on the routed ones… there are no routed BBB's… wake up!

I beg to differ. There is a BBB on location at Flipper's Arcade in Grandy, NC. $.50/play too.
http://flippersarcade.com/contact.html

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Umm, you know this one is, in fact, a remake, right? He states that it was made by PMI/IPB and is one of the 190 run by them. Hence, remake.

The originals were made by Capcom.

Not saying it isn't valuable, just not a true original.

Just clarifying.

#38 10 years ago

possible to exchange with a Spiderman NIB always in a climate controlled at 20° ?. same year manufactured

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Umm, you know this one is, in fact, a remake, right? He states that it was made by PMI/IPB and is one of the 190 run by them. Hence, remake.
The originals were made by Capcom.

Capcom made no production BBB's. They made 14 proto BBB's before going under. Gene simply did what Capcom was planning on doing and put BBB's into production. 14 protos and 191 production BBB's. No remakes.

Williams made several proto MM's and then they produced over 4000 production MM's based from the protos... PPS is now remaking MM without the logos, without the 'Williams' name, different boardset, etc., etc., etc.,

Big difference here.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Dont open the box no matter what, let the new buyer do that. Buy today's newspaper and take a picture of the box with the paper laying on top of it showing the date.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

John, I will take a picture with Friday's paper and post it here. I will also attempt to add it to my ebay auction. Good suggestion, thank you!

#41 10 years ago

I knew Jim Morrison faked his death! He just went underground to collect pinball machines

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Capcom made no production BBB's. They made 14 proto BBB's before going under. Gene simply did what Capcom was planning on doing and put BBB's into production. 14 protos and 191 production BBB's. No remakes.

Those "production" models you speak of were made 11 YEARS after Capcom's prototypes by a completely different company. They are not originals.

I see NO difference between the PMI/IPB BBB's status as "continuation models"(as I'll call them), versus that of PPS's MM "continuation models" when it comes to collectibility and originality. Neither are part of the original factory's original run of the original machine.

That's a fact.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Those "production" models you speak of were made 11 YEARS after Capcom's prototypes by a completely different company. They are not originals.

I see NO difference between the PMI/IPB BBB's status as "continuation models"(as I'll call them), versus that of PPS's MM "continuation models" when it comes to collectibility and originality. Neither are part of the original factory's original run of the original machine.

That's a fact.

He's right Teekee. The BBBs from Gene are remakes. Gene had to get some parts made from scratch.

#44 10 years ago

Semantics can be whatever each person wants them to be. IPB's BBB is a 99% matching original run of Capcom's prototype game and used all original Capcom boards. Besides redesigned ramp arrows and a few other improvements, they're essentially the same BOM. MM remake is a significantly different redesign that uses a completely different boardset, different lamp and GI systems, and LCD display over plasma. Both are produced under license from original manufacturer.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Originals? So which one is the original BBB? All of the Capcom BBB protos had differences from one another so which one is the original one???

Quoted from PappyBoyington:

He's right Teekee. The BBBs from Gene are remakes. Gene had to get some parts made from scratch.

No, he's wrong… the fact that Gene had to have a few minor parts made from scratch means nothing. Capcom probably would have done the same thing since protos and production units differ and minor changes and improvements are usually made.

Now, PLEASE let the OP sell his BBB… GLWS!

#46 10 years ago

But at least Capcom's BBB's were made by Capcom.

If prototypes don't count as originals/production models, why did other companies like B/W sell them to be routed? Why are they prized more heavily than standard production models? I'll concede and call all the original BBB's prototypes and not production models, but you have to concede and call all of the BBB's made by Gene as remakes. Because that's what they are.

And not to belabor the point, but Rick making new boards and pieces for his MMR is no different than Gene making new pieces from scratch for BBB. Both people are having to make parts because the original company that made those parts is no longer involved in manufacturing for that industry.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No, he's wrong… the fact that Gene had to have a few minor parts made from scratch means nothing. Capcom probably would have done the same thing since protos and production units differ and minor changes and improvements are usually made

If Capcom remade the 190 BBBs then they would be original. Gene and his friends built them several years late so they are remakes. The 190 BBBs have always been considered remakes from day one. Why should that change now?
It's not a negative thing its just a way to separate the originals (prototypes) from the remakes (Genes game). Two versions of the same game built by two totally different companies.

#48 10 years ago

Gene was even calling them his BBB remakes when they were being built in his pole barn.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

If Capcom remade the 190 BBBs then they would be original.

Lol, look what you just said… "If Capcom REMADE the 190 BBB's they would be original." So I guess what you're saying is even though they are REMADE they are still ORIGINAL… ok By your example the only REAL original is the prototype. So I guess Williams remade MM even before PPS.

The fact is If Williams decided to make more MM's today instead of PPS having the new board set, etc. they would be considered remakes as well. It doesn't matter if they are remade by the original company or some other company they are still remakes because they were already in and out of production.

Capcom only built a few BBB prototypes. Protos don't go to market. Protos are not finished products, they are examples of what the finished product might look like. Prototypes don't get remade they either go into production or they don't. The fact that IPB put BBB into production does not make them remakes. They are still Capcom BBB's. There is nothing to indicate otherwise. It doesn't say IPB BBB anywhere on the machine It says Capcom with Capcom parts virtually identical to the proto in every way.

What PPS is doing today is definitely a remake. You definitely can't compare what happened with BBB to what's happening with MM today… not even close. PPS is more like MAME and what it did with video game market.

Quoted from sanctumwear:

Gene was even calling them his BBB remakes when they were being built in his pole barn.

Definitely not the first thing Gene said that wasn't true...

#50 10 years ago

Remake or not...why the $@&$ does it matter? How many weeks has this argument gone on? Answer: since the day MMr was announced. Nobody cared before that, why care now?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-special-fs-nib-bbb-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.