(Topic ID: 122922)

Texas Pinball Festival review

By Bryan_Kelly

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150328_200558.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-313.jpg
    image-146.jpg
    image-89.jpg
    image-226.jpg
    image-818.jpg
    image-716.jpg
    image-360.jpg
    image-735.jpg
    image-783.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classic_stern.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

We decided Thursday afternoon to be recklessly impulsive and make the trip. Booked flights/hotel (offsite) and a car, and jumped in. Managed to pick up an unused reservation on site while driving from the airport, which was a big plus - always nice to have a room to talk back to for a break, and the onsite breakfast was better than most hotels provide.
    We'd only been to the show one other time, 2 years ago. This year was bigger and more crowded, both of which are great things in the bigger picture I suppose.
    The condition of a number of the FUN! Auction games was pretty sketchy - I hope everybody that bought ends up happy with what they got. But it was great that they were available for play during the whole show (the stuff that worked anyway).
    Whoa Nelly is really cool as an art piece and a throwback. Not something I'd want to play all the time, but it was very cool to check it out and I'm amazed that Greg & Dennis managed to get all the cabinet details through Stern production. Also, I'm really bad at playing it. Heh!
    The P3 plays great and was very fun to shoot. Managed to get a 6 ball multiball via the spaceship lock, which is a crowded confusing mess to actually try to manage. I love the rapid ball returns from the scoops/drains with save.
    Tried out two of the pinsound powered games (T2 & IJ) and thats a pretty nice upgrade, even though a lot of it was hard to hear (even with the provided headphones!) in the loud hall.
    We retreated to Rob Anthony's room pretty often to take breaks from the noise. Maybe we're just getting old.
    And I saw this Black Knight 2000 over by the snack stand that had the coolest use of light up star posts I've ever seen. Nice job, whoever that was.
    image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

This BK2K was beautiful and did win a Runner up Ribbon. Really nice example and excellent lighting enhancements. Glad you got a picture of it because I didnt

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classic_stern.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-review?tu=classic_stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.