(Topic ID: 60415)

Texas Pinball Festival - March 28-30 2014

By Jared

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tpf_final_flyer_1.jpg
    tpf_final_flyer_1.jpg
    DSCF1717.JPG
    DSCF1703.JPG
    TPF_MAP.jpg
    1266771_10151806879724116_2000750686_o.jpg
    WB.jpg
    1941259.jpg
    EmbassyFriscoAerial.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

// Error: Image 136878 not found //
    The 2014 Texas Pinball Festival will be held March 28th-30th at the Embassy Suites Dallas – Frisco Hotel & Convention Center in Frisco, TX.

1941259.jpg1941259.jpgEmbassyFriscoAerial.jpgEmbassyFriscoAerial.jpg

Changing dates and locations is never an easy decision. Several scheduling conflicts (such as the NCAA Final Four Basketball Tournament being hosted in Dallas/Ft Worth the first weekend in April) and limited or unavailable March dates forced us to seek a new location for 2014.

We are very excited to be moving to the Embassy Suites. It is a beautiful hotel with more than 40,000 sq ft of available show space! In addition, the hotel is directly across the street from Stonebriar Mall offering an abundance of food options and free parking.

More information and special hotel room rates will be announced soon along with our 2014 TPF logo and website updates.

Jared Guynes
    Marketing
    Texas Pinball Festival
    http://www.texaspinball.com/tpf/

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

I'm excited about the new venue. The Anatole had its fair share of issues last year. Hopefully this new location is the NEW Home for TPF for years to come.

The location is beautiful. Load in is far better than last year, the hotel is better arranged and less walking, there is a ton of parking and plenty of food. Its a drastic upgrade from the 2013 show in my opinion.

1 week later
    #16 10 years ago

For those of you who do facebook, please RSVP and SHARE this event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/493624624057444/

#17 10 years ago

How far will you drive to the Texas Pinball Festival? With 3 days of events and over 350 games on free play it's worth the trip from anywhere!

DISTANCE FROM:

Dallas: 27 Miles - 30 Minutes
    Fort Worth: 50 Miles - 50 Minutes
    Oklahoma City: 192 Miles - 2.75 Hours
    Austin: 222 Miles - 3.3 Hours
    Houston: 267 Miles - 4 Hours
    Little Rock: 317 Miles - 5 Hours
    New Orleans: 542 Miles - 7.5 Hours
    Albuquerque: 632 Miles - 9 Hours

TPF_MAP.jpgTPF_MAP.jpg

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from GaryMartin:

Heh, you left off the Kansas City area! There's a half dozen of us driving down from up here.

Whoops!

We know people are coming from all over the nation, and thats one of the things that makes the TPF so awesome. Actually the only reason I wanted to mention those specific cities is because it matched the little graphic that I made, haha.

#42 10 years ago

There are no longer toll booths. It's all digital. They bill you in the mail automatically.

It IS possible to drive there 100% off the tollway. It would take 2-3x as long.

1 week later
    #43 10 years ago

Rooms are filling up in Frisco for the Texas Pinball Festival in March 2014! Book your room now while they are available!

We’ve worked out a great rate for our guests this year, just like we have every year. Rooms for guests of the 2014 Texas Pinball Festival start at $119.00 per night. Reservations can be made online, or over the phone at 972-712-7600 using the code TPF or requesting the Texas Pinball Festival block.

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/hotel/

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Can you reserve a room for just Saturday night and still get the rate?

Yes you can.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

A little bird told me that out of state plates don't get toll tickets in the mail. Anyone know?

In the past this was true, but now they will send you a bill in the mail.

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

They billed my temporary tag and sent the charges on the same bill as my fees with my new tag.

Yikes. Thats hardcore.

#71 10 years ago

You guys grabbing those hotels?

1 week later
    #72 10 years ago

The official flyer was just released. Thousands of flyers going to print later this afternoon. tpf_final_flyer_1.jpgtpf_final_flyer_1.jpg

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

According to Pinball News: 304 pins, 53 vids, 3 skill games. Total of 360. I actually thought I had heard 380 ish that weekend.

In the heat of the show you can imagine it's very difficult to be totally precise. Ed confirmed the Pinball News Quote of 360, but also said internally their company count was just over 380.

The other thing to bring up is that it depends on the day and time. One quick example I say is there was a CV coming into the show on Thursday... it got bought on the loading dock. Never even made it into the show. There was a MB that was bought by the end of the first night and left with the paid penalty before the main day of the show...

So anyways, there is no great way to know how many machines come to the place totally. But here is one thing I can say...

Everything is bigger in Texas. See you in Frisco 2014.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from BarrySanders:

We'll see......
    If the show doesn't get to 400 pins as promised there's no need for gtown's class action lawsuit .
    Bakushan and I will have a Sumo Wrestling Match in the parking lot .
    Then you will see "Everything is bigger in Texas"

Ahem. 400 "Games". Not pins. Pins are awesome... and maybe there will be 400+ pins (and we will try!!!) but the sticker says 400 Games. So that includes any vids and arcades that show up too.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kelly1978:

There will be fat suit wrestling? For real?

Suit?

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Well I can sleep now that Ed has put his stamp on it. It's not like I got it off the website of anything, just a lucky guess with a perfectly actuate number...

It was not really a reply you do, but rather a general statement brought about by thoughts your post unlocked in my brain.

#86 10 years ago

Thanks, it was a team effort.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-march-28-30-2014?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.