Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rat_Tomago
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SR.JPG
    image-287.jpg
    IMAG2415.jpg
    image-237.jpg
    image-62.jpg
    image-312.jpg
    image-814.jpg
    image-477.jpg
    image-463.jpg
    photo.JPG
    image-498.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184944_112.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184948_105.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184953_707.jpg
    IMG_6916.JPG
    IMG_6917.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Im looking forward to going too! Thinking about bringing my Robocop but I havent decided yet.

I've never played Robocop.. we need to get together sometime man...been too long. And my collection is basically completely different aside from Future Spa, lol.

#20 10 years ago

Oh, and I've already started working on my games fixing minor issues for TPF. Joy of joys, let me tell you. Any word on if the classic Stern row will make a return? We haven't signed up Magic yet, I don't think, but now that I got most of the green off and only have two small display issues and a dead GI line left to fix...

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cidco:

So in summary, if you want great barbecue and local brews that's the place to go.

Maybe I should can up a bunch of quart jars of my BBQ sauce and bring it to TPF to sell.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

TPF Classic Stern guys - Time to "Buck Up"!!!!...Who are those villains ?

It's not usually me, but at least I can contribute this year. Won't look anything near as good as what's normally there, but I'm used to that.

#2012SpaceShuttleDebacle.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Anytime! Love to visit, drink a few beers, and play some pins. How are you transporting your pins to TPF?

We're going in on probably a 17ft truck with another local......you thinking about bringing something?

#58 10 years ago

Holy crap, there's a lot of Josh's in that video Ed, and I'm not one of them! SHENANIGANS!

1 week later
    #81 10 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

south from the festival about 15-20 minutes and exit Spring Valley. It is on the North West corner of 75 and Spring Valley Road.

TWO.

BLOCKS.

FROM.

MY.

HOUSE.

By the way. Just sayin'.

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Bring me your Getaway and I will put the Donut Heaven in it.

Yeah? Might just do that. I'll shoot you a pm in a little while. Barring someone falling out of the sky and wanting to buy it in the next month, it's going. I was going to work on doing the fixes to it tonight to get it ready for TPF.

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I went vegetarian last year

Man, no wonder you're so testy most of the time, lol. I dunno what MY excuse is, but it would definitely contribute further if I was veg-only. Then again, I really like tofu and Daiya "cheese", so I could probably survive.

1 month later
    #172 10 years ago

Nice color. Those must be the LE Koozies.

1 week later
    #193 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I believe I need to check out this Warlords machine. Never played one.
    Gotta see what all the madness is about with this one.

It's like 4-player pong/Rampart on steroids...... spinner controls your paddle, you push the button to catch and release the fireball, which if released at the corners of your movement will go straight across to the castle on that side, or if you fire it at an angle it can go all kinds of wierd directions. Assuming that the fireball isn't caught but just deflected off several paddles it can get going pretty stupid fast.

Warlords cocktail is also special in that the upright was black and white only, while the cocktail is in color. I'd love to own one, but I doubt I ever will given the price of them.

#200 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You can be healthy

Or....you can just have some fun and order your burger AND fries animal style, assuming you're not allergic to milk or eggs, and you don't despise something oddly akin to thousand island dressing and grilled onions that are perfect.

Their fries are...different. Fair warning. They use a different kind of potato so the texture is not what most people are used to. I love em, but I do know some locals that still swear by Whataburger over In-and-Out...I don't get it, at all, but hey.....

#204 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I too have never seen one of these and I consider myself to be a pretty good authority on these things. I grew up in Hawaii at the height of the video game madness and probably played a lot of Japanese games that never made it to the mainland in any great numbers. I will definitely be by to say hi and check it out.

Thankfully, Marc's isn't the only one around locally....I got to play the other one for the first time a few weeks ago....but I grew up on Warlords. It was one of our favorite games on the Atari 2600 when I was a kid, and being 4-player meant that everyone got to play. I'd actually argue the paddles are more fun than a spinner, but the spinner of the arcade version requires more skill.

#206 10 years ago

I don't know how the heck you guys find the time to waste going out to eat. Really. I think last year I probably took in about 600 calories all weekend. Which is okay, because I'm fat anyways, but man... no way I'm going 'offsite' to eat, more likely than not.

#225 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

I believe I saw a post from Charlie saying that it would not be there unfortunately.

grrrrrrrr....

#304 10 years ago

I'm ready to go. If you go looking for me at the show/setup, this is how to find me. My lanyard tag will also have FRAX sharpie'd in on it.

203522-i.jpg203522-i.jpg
    image-202.jpgimage-202.jpg

#328 10 years ago

Just picked up the uhaul. Loading commencing....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-4?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.