5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rat_Tomago
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SR.JPG
    image-287.jpg
    IMAG2415.jpg
    image-237.jpg
    image-62.jpg
    image-312.jpg
    image-814.jpg
    image-477.jpg
    image-463.jpg
    photo.JPG
    image-498.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184944_112.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184948_105.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184953_707.jpg
    IMG_6916.JPG
    IMG_6917.JPG

There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 5 years ago

Stopped in Oklahoma City for the night. Went to a place called Cactus Jacks Arcade. They had 40+ pins and vids and redemption equipment etc.. The pins were in good shape and played nice for the most part. Hung a 60,000,000 on Cactus Canyon!! A lot of classic titles along with new pins! Pretty nice asset to have in town. All pins were set at .75 cents. Nice place. Onward to The Big D tomorrow!! Hell yeah!!!! Whooo Hoooo!

#352 5 years ago

Coming from Houston is it best to take the Dallas North tollway the entire way up to Frisco and if so what is the approximate cost?

#353 5 years ago

I... am... so... tired.

2014 is the first year I actually brought stuff. No pins to TPF from 2005-2013... now I "brung" four along and after two nights burning to get a backglass repro/vacu-form plastic repro/rebuilding a friend's machine/racing across town...

sa ie oi 2239oh vvohv a hoool oeh a ghhaunnalapppppp

Fox News doing a TV segment tomorrow at 6am? NOT GONNA MAKE IT. lol nite & nice to meet a lot of yas in person... here we go...

#354 5 years ago

Here are some pics!

IMG_20140327_184953_707.jpg IMG_20140327_184948_105.jpg IMG_20140327_184944_112.jpg
    #355 5 years ago

dang

#356 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Coming from Houston is it best to take the Dallas North tollway the entire way up to Frisco and if so what is the approximate cost?

Yes, the Dallas North Tollway will definitely be your easiest path, by far. Will cost a few dollars. Sorry, don't have more exact figures for you. You won't have to stop and pay at all on the tollway though... they snap your plate and mail you the bill.

#357 5 years ago

I am so jealous right now of all of you who are going to TPF! Have fun!!!!!!

#358 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

What's another word for thesaurus???

Good to see a Steven Wright fan stealing his work!

#359 5 years ago

Cactus Jacks is an awesome place. Cheap pins. And the beer is also very cheap. A must stop while in OKC.

#360 5 years ago

I am here. Flew in from Omaha. Visiting my son and 6 month old grandson. Going to TPF tonight. Two birds with 1 stone. Can't wait. Hoping to get in on the record breaking attempt. Hope to meet some of you and put faces with names. Hope my fingers and wrists make it through the night. LOL.

#361 5 years ago

Flew in from Atlanta this morning, just walked the expo floor, looks great. Played a few games until I was reminded that it didn't start until 5.

#362 5 years ago

Any idea if the seminars will be aired in any way? I watched Randy Perlow's Expo seminar and really enjoyed it. I'd love to be able to see this one as well.

#363 5 years ago

Just ran into Steve Richie! Great start to TPF!!!

#364 5 years ago

At 3 Stacks bbq now!

#366 5 years ago

i'm walking around in a dark red "life is good" shirt & jeans.

#367 5 years ago

My 4 machines here on the end of this awesome little row. image-498.jpg

#368 5 years ago

First and only bad news from Texas
    It appears BBB is for looking not playing...

#369 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

First and only bad news from Texas: it appears BBB is for looking not playing.

I thought it was to be auctioned off (albeit with a reserve).
    If so, no wonder they won't let the eager horde thrash on it.

#370 5 years ago

Thank you for stopping by! See you at TPF

Quoted from BigB:

Here are some pics!

IMG_20140327_184953_707.jpg 179 KB

IMG_20140327_184948_105.jpg 138 KB

IMG_20140327_184944_112.jpg 179 KB

#371 5 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I thought it was to be auctioned off (albeit with a reserve).
    If so, no wonder they won't let the eager horde thrash on it.

Well they shouldn't have brought it then

#373 5 years ago

What a great first day! Got to play many games I've never had the chance to before, but still have a few more to hit tomorrow. Star Trek LE was everything I hoped it would be. I am 100% confident in getting a Premium this summer as my first NIB.

And I got to meet the King! What more can you say? Awesome guy!

photo.JPG
    #374 5 years ago

Had a wonderful time tonight. The venue is awesome and there are plenty of great games to play. Looking forward to spending as much time here as I physically (and mentally) can this weekend.

MMR looks awesome. Have not had a chance to play it yet but I plan to at some point.

Predator is just okay. I want to like it because of the theme, but I just like feel there's something lacking. Can't quite put my finger on it yet. Need to put in a few more games. I don't have one on order but I'm really pulling for SkitB to succeed.

#375 5 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

And I got to meet the King! What more can you say? Awesome guy!

Indeed! I met him later on the evening when he was visibly very tired. I asked if he wanted to smoke cigars with us and he said he loves cigars but he does not smoke them anymore. He then said he needed to eat dinner and he may come out for a few minutes afterwards. Unfortunately he did not make it. he was a very polite man and joked around with me by asking my name and before I could say it he took my laynard in his hand and quoted my name and kept repeating my last name. Fun times!

#376 5 years ago

Tomago, Tomago, Tomago, Tomago....

#377 5 years ago

This venue is very nice and I hope it becomes the permanent home of the TPF.

P3 is amazing as expected.

MMr looks great except for the "gold" trim. Didn't get a chance to play it yet.

I'm off in a side room for repairs and parts, so you kind of have to look to find me. Just directly across from the side entrance though.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#378 5 years ago

I saw your side room. What's up with that? They couldn't make room for ya?

Great show as always but I am a little disappointed with how many "dead" machines were on the floor. Sad. Nice to see my little 2 machine contribution chugging along and getting some love. Now if only someone would buy them! Met 3 of the 20 on my badge list and looking for the rest of yas today. TPF2012 t-shirt. The wife has a red walker. Off to b-fast then freezing my butt at the swap meet.

#379 5 years ago

Wheels up in 15. See y'all in a few.

#380 5 years ago

Wish I could've stayed more than I did last night, but the wife was at her wits end with three young boys (too young to chase around). I was wearing a Nautica t-shirt. Couldn't have asked for a better facility too.

What an awesome show and so many nice, friendly people. No lines for machines other than the WOZ's and Mustang's.

Was hoping to see the MMr but I never found it. Can't wait til next year as I'll be staying the entire weekend and bringing the kiddos with me to get them hooked.

#381 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Indeed! I met him later on the evening when he was visibly very tired. I asked if he wanted to smoke cigars with us and he said he loves cigars but he does not smoke them anymore. He then said he needed to eat dinner and he may come out for a few minutes afterwards. Unfortunately he did not make it. he was a very polite man and joked around with me by asking my name and before I could say it he took my laynard in his hand and quoted my name and kept repeating my last name. Fun times!

Yeah, he's pretty funny in person. My brother took about 3 pics with me and him. The one I posted was the one where he wasn't making funny faces! LOL!

#382 5 years ago

I saw the sign about TPF rules and I'm wondering if farting has really been that big of an issue? I think I only walked into two fart clouds last year over the three day period which is less than I expected.

#383 5 years ago

Show has been great so far. Best TPF yet! If you're not here, you should be. Great preshow and day 1 report from Pinball News:
    http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/tpf2014/index.html
    Swap meet this morning was the best yet (just a few pics attached).
    -Ed

image-477.jpg image-463.jpg image-814.jpg image-312.jpg image-62.jpg image-237.jpg
    #384 5 years ago

They have lowered the ambient lighting in here for Saturday, its got much more of an "arcade" feel to it as a result. With luck, this will also enable the full display effect of the Predator UV as well.

#385 5 years ago

Wheels down

#386 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

They have lowered the ambient lighting in here for Saturday, its got much more of an "arcade" feel to it as a result. With luck, this will also enable the full display effect of the Predator UV as well.

now lets see that predator's face.

#387 5 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

now lets see that Predator's face.

Indeed... Would be cool to see.

#388 5 years ago

Great coverage of day one, especially the world record attempt and the MMR.

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/tpf2014/index3.html

#389 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Great coverage of day one, especially the world record attempt and the MMR.
    http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/tpf2014/index3.html

Wow, I (wearing the Southern Pinball Festival T-shirt) was in the shot of us getting our stickers and tickets to re-enter the game room for the attempt and didn't even realize they were shooting pictures. This was the first time for me to bring a machine to the Texas Pinball Festival, although I have gone for years. My SWE1 was damaged in transit, but some quick repairs by Rob Anthony get me up and running in time for the world record attempt.

#390 5 years ago

Sadly, this is where I am for work....

IMAG2415.jpg
    #391 5 years ago

Louisville!

#392 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Is that the sports arena? You're a long way from Texas.

#393 5 years ago

I'm walking around in a black shirt, button down, short sleeve today.
    come say hi.

signed,
    -the idiot who just bought another pin

#394 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

IMAG2415.jpg 192 KB

Kentacohut RULES!

#395 5 years ago

Kudos on the venue - much better than the Anatole - very roomy even though there are certainly more people than last year.

Kudos to the person who recommended JinBeh for sushi - very good and even had Toro available

#396 5 years ago

The kingimage-287.jpg

#397 5 years ago

Wow, what a great show! If you see a guy wearing an Ozark Pinball Syndicate shirt, say hi..that's me!

#398 5 years ago

I got the ultimate photo bomb by Ed_in_Texas.

SR.JPG
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 209.00
    $ 39.50
    € 222.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 19.95
    $ 137.00
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside