Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rat_Tomago
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SR.JPG
    image-287.jpg
    IMAG2415.jpg
    image-237.jpg
    image-62.jpg
    image-312.jpg
    image-814.jpg
    image-477.jpg
    image-463.jpg
    photo.JPG
    image-498.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184944_112.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184948_105.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184953_707.jpg
    IMG_6916.JPG
    IMG_6917.JPG
    There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 10 years ago

You guys worry about food too much

#252 10 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

AGREED! I came to play pinball. If some hotel nachos or hotel BBQ pork sandwiches hit my gut, then I consider it a blessing. I have 362 1/2 other days to worry about food.

#253 10 years ago

Who comes to TPF... and thinks "sushi". I don't get it.
    But I'm biased... give me steak, bbq, burgers any day over fish.

#254 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Who comes to TPF... and thinks "sushi". I don't get it.
    But I'm biased... give me steak, bbq, burgers any day over fish.

I'm not eatin any sushi this weekend in Frisco, but I'd be ok with eating some fresh LA/TX Gulf of Mexico seafood (fish, shrimp and/or oysters).

#255 10 years ago

Will there be video/audio of the seminars posted somewhere?

#256 10 years ago

I know lots of folks who come to Texas for the steak and or BBQ... but sushi? I'm with the others. Pinball 'til I drop. Was great last year when the food trucks showed up so I didn't have to run to the Denny's for real food.

#257 10 years ago

I love sushi but I love food trucks even more! I will have to keep an eyes out.

#258 10 years ago

Pinball and beer. That is all.

#259 10 years ago

Lets hope those food trucks don't run out of food.

#260 10 years ago

Leaving tomorrow for this show! My first Pinball expo. Luckily, my brother lives nearby.

Looking into a Star Trek as my first NIB, so very excited to finally get to play this. WOZ, X-Men, AC/DC, Predator, and Addams Family top the list as ones I have never played and want to hit up quickly as well.

My brother and I will be attending the Cigar Smoke at 10:00. Anyone know if they sell stogies there, or do we bring our own?

#261 10 years ago

I am actually more excited about playing all of the old EM's and early SS's that I have never played before.

#262 10 years ago

We're leaving for the show tomorrow also. Can't wait!

#263 10 years ago

Anyone get the feeling that this is the year that TPF is making the transition from "large" to "freakin' massive"?

440+ games at last count. Man, I'm looking forward to this weekend!

#264 10 years ago

I'm on da plane at 8am left coast time and can barely stand the wait till then.......

#265 10 years ago

Hitting the road this morning.. TPF or BUST

photo (6).JPGphoto (6).JPG
    #266 10 years ago

Not leaving here until early Friday....I wish I were leaving tomorrow instead

#267 10 years ago

Leaving Thursday morning! Might hit a spot in Oklahoma city that has a bunch of pins to play. We'll see!! On the way to the show!! See you there!!

#268 10 years ago

Food, drinks, pinball, video games, women...why limit yourself to just one thing to be passionate about in this life? When I'm craving some good Tex-Mex somehow playing a little AC/DC just doesn't scratch that itch. Similarly when I'm craving a tall blonde only one thing will fill that need as well.

Lets hope those food trucks don't run out of food.

You worry about food trucks too much. See you at the show, man.

#269 10 years ago

One trailer loaded. One still to load....

IMG_00000790.jpgIMG_00000790.jpg
    #270 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

One trailer loaded. One still to load....

IMG_00000790.jpg 263 KB

Awesome!!!!

#271 10 years ago

Flying out tomorrow. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. There is so much to see, hear, play etc...

#272 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

I am actually more excited about playing all of the old EM's and early SS's that I have never played before.

Make sure you check out the Slick Chick I am bringing that will be in the tournament area along with the King of Diamonds I am bringing as well. It will be good to meet you.

Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

My brother and I will be attending the Cigar Smoke at 10:00. Anyone know if they sell stogies there, or do we bring our own?

You might want to stop somewhere and pick up a few. I am not sure if the mall across the street has a cigar shop anymore. I am sure most of the cigar smokers will have a spare or two. I am bringing a few cheapies but I hope to upgrade to something better like a Padron before TPF starts

#273 10 years ago

Dragonfist Challenge is complete. Dragonfist will be on the floor and he will be mean!

Marcus

#274 10 years ago

Going to be an epic weekend!

#275 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Make sure you check out the Slick Chick I am bringing that will be in the tournament area along with the King of Diamonds I am bringing as well. It will be good to meet you.

I will for sure. I am actually only going to compete in the classics/EM tournaments I think. I am not that good anyways, and I think it will be a lot of fun. I can get pummeled in competitions on modern games any day

#276 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cidco:

Similarly when I'm craving a tall blonde only one thing will fill that need as well.

I'll get Bill to put on a wig.

Quoted from Cidco:

You worry about food trucks too much. See you at the show, man.

Eat Me

#277 10 years ago

Captain Kirk "My brother and I will be attending the Cigar Smoke at 10:00. Anyone know if they sell stogies there, or do we bring our own?"

You can bring your own , but if you forget , I will have several boxes with me and Ed always has a few tricks ( and sticks) up his sleeve

#278 10 years ago

Number two loaded with five of the odd balls.

IMG_00000792.jpgIMG_00000792.jpg
    #279 10 years ago

I spy a Hercules pin!

#280 10 years ago

Herkalees!! Hercalees!! Hercalees!! So, how big IS the dolly for a Hercules, anyways? Standard with a width adapter?

#281 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

I spy a Hercules pin!

It's hard to miss for sure.

#282 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Herkalees!! Hercalees!! Hercalees!! So, how big IS the dolly for a Hercules, anyways? Standard with a width adapter?

Harbor Freight dolly with an adapter.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/herculesnow-one-man-can-move-it

#283 10 years ago

Hercules! Yes!

#284 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Number two loaded with five of the odd balls.

You're my hero!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#285 10 years ago

Flew in to Dallas yesterday from Philly and now in San Antonio seeing the sites. Can't wait for the TPF!

image-689.jpgimage-689.jpg

#286 10 years ago

TPF or bust baby!
    Getting the beer cooler ready now.

--Jeff

20140324_151734.jpg20140324_151734.jpg
    #287 10 years ago

Man....had to bail because work calls........many pics and updates, please.....

#288 10 years ago

Wish i could. Had a blast 2 years ago. (My first and only pin event.) Y'all have fun!!!

#289 10 years ago

Seriously contemplating the 13 hour drive. How does this show compare to Pinball Expo in Chicago? Better, Worse about the Same???

#290 10 years ago

For the Hercules, stealing a line from Pinball Expo; the pinball is a Cue Ball!!!

#291 10 years ago

I had to cancel myself. In Louisville working at the Mid-America Truck Show.

#292 10 years ago

sounds like this will be awesome. totally jealous. : P

#293 10 years ago

light rain today but sunshine the rest of the week....Yeah!

#294 10 years ago

Loaded for bear. Or TPF. Or...something. Yeah, so not as impressive as Mark's but we all start somewhere, right?

IMG_6830.JPGIMG_6830.JPG
    #295 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I had to cancel myself. In Louisville working at the Mid-America Truck Show.

It's not even a fair comparison for expo.

Nearly 4x the games...

It's ridiculous.

Anyone would be a fool to not attend TPF if they had the means to do so.

And I've been to both.

#296 10 years ago

Chicago is more of a trade show. Texas Pinball Festival is pure pinball greatness. There will be 450 pinballs and arcades set up. It is far worth the drive IMHO. If I didn't live close (5 miles down the street / lucky me) I would still drive 13 hours to this show. This will be my 5th time attending in the past 6 years. Every year it feels like Christmas when I attend. Most everyone in DFW and surrounding areas talk about this event all year long in anticipation.

#297 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

It's not even a fair comparison for expo.
    Nearly 4x the games...
    It's ridiculous.
    Anyone would be a fool to not attend TPF if they had the means to do so.
    And I've been to both.

Yes, been to both and TPF is the better show to play pinball at, no question. Seminars are better at Expo though.

#298 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

I will for sure. I am actually only going to compete in the classics/EM tournaments I think. I am not that good anyways, and I think it will be a lot of fun. I can get pummeled in competitions on modern games any day

These Stargazers will eat your lunch. She is going to spit you out like cheap tobacco...

#299 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Loaded for bear. Or TPF. Or...something. Yeah, so not as impressive as Mark's but we all start somewhere, right?

IMG_6830.JPG 213 KB

Thanks for bringing your games. You contribute and that is all that matters............

#300 10 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

You're my hero!
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Be careful Rob...

There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-4/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.