Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rat_Tomago
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SR.JPG
    image-287.jpg
    IMAG2415.jpg
    image-237.jpg
    image-62.jpg
    image-312.jpg
    image-814.jpg
    image-477.jpg
    image-463.jpg
    photo.JPG
    image-498.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184944_112.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184948_105.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184953_707.jpg
    IMG_6916.JPG
    IMG_6917.JPG
    There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #102 10 years ago

Thats me with George Gomez.

#103 10 years ago

Those are our machines at 4:12 (Space Shuttle, Tron, Doctor Who), and that's Steve Ritchie playing the High Speed next to our Doctor Who which belongs to another local collector.

I don't have the patience to find all four of us in the video, but we're there.

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Anyone that wants BBQ that is truly worth the entire trip - skip Bone Daddy's and go to Lockhart Smokehouse in the Bishop Arts District, south of Downtown Dallas. It is about 12 more miles, but will be in the top 3 BBQ experiences (if not THE top) of you entire life. Seriously.

Some of the hotel staff at the TPF hotel was saying the 3 Stacks up the road was
    real tasty?

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Some of the hotel staff at the TPF hotel was saying the 3 Stacks up the road was
    real tasty?

The scenery at any of these places are not even in the same league as Bone Daddy's. Boy you guys are really missing the point and yes they have really good food too.....

Some of the best talent in Big D.

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

The scenery at any of these places are not even in the same league as Bone Daddy's. Boy you guys are really missing the point and yes they have really good food too.....
    Some of the best talent in Big D.

So if looking at teets is the point why waste your time at Bone Daddy's. The view is much better at some of the more upscale gentleman's establishments. Ah yes, teets and clam.

#107 10 years ago

Why hasn't Redneck Heaven came up as an option?

#108 10 years ago

I want tasty BBQ. I don't want to look at girls old enough to be my daughter unless they are properly clothed. This is why I don't go to Hooters, Twin Peaks, Bone Daddy's. Like Marc said...there is much more to look at if you frequent a upscale gentlemen's club.

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

So if looking at teets is the point why waste your time at Bone Daddy's. The view is much better at some of the more upscale gentleman's establishments. Ah yes, teets and clam.

Lace in Arlington; Approved by Billy Martin!

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

real tasty?

Never had it. It is well reviewed, but not on the usual list of suspects in the "Best BBQ" debate here.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/cityofate/2013/09/the_10_best_barbecue_places_in.php?page=all

I can speak for Pecan Lodge, Lockhart's and Meshacks as all being ridiculously awesome. Meshack's is literally a little shack on the far east side, with no dine-in space. Pecan Lodge is tremendous, but it is a satellite location in the Dallas Farmer's Market and the lines are horrid. When they are out of food, they are out. Very common for people to stand in line for 45 minutes only to get to the front and be told they are out of most everything on the menu.

I went vegetarian last year, and Lockhart's brisket and sausage is the only thing that might make me fall off the wagon.

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I went vegetarian last year

Man, no wonder you're so testy most of the time, lol. I dunno what MY excuse is, but it would definitely contribute further if I was veg-only. Then again, I really like tofu and Daiya "cheese", so I could probably survive.

#112 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I went vegetarian last year

It's not a meal if something didn't die.

#113 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I want tasty BBQ. I don't want to look at girls old enough to be my daughter unless they are properly clothed. This is why I don't go to Hooters, Twin Peaks, Bone Daddy's. Like Marc said...there is much more to look at if you frequent a upscale gentlemen's club.

You obviously don't know the right people at BD's......

#114 10 years ago

The thread is degenerating a bit. but very excited about TPF.

#115 10 years ago

I like boobs, and I like TPF. Seems okay to me.

#116 10 years ago

There could be 10 naked Asian women age appropriate to me at Bone Daddy's and I wouldn't frequent there. The food is slightly better than average and I am entitled to my opinion.

There must be close to 50+ choices for food in a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Most of it will be walking distance.

I am with Nevus...I am excited about TPF.

F$%^$ this T and A / BBQ talk.

#117 10 years ago

People asked about BBQ places while here. Is it okay with you guys if we discuss things that people coming into town for TPF might want to do or go eat, in the TPF thread?

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

People asked about BBQ places while here. Is it okay with you guys if we discuss things that people coming into town for TPF might want to do or go eat, in the TPF thread?

Yeah sure. BBQ is cool. Just the discussion of T and A is kinda off track.

#119 10 years ago

Im a guy, i live in texas, love pinball, bbq and t & a. Seems on topic to me.
    Oh yeah....the TPF is just 2 months away.

#120 10 years ago

Looks like I will miss it this year. Just can't move to Texas fast enough.

You folks enjoy!

Oh well, looking forward to TPF 2015!

Ken

#121 10 years ago

Looks like I will be going this year. This will be my first TPF. Looking forward to meeting some more of you guys...

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Lace in Arlington; Approved by Billy Martin!

I follow up on this and then leave the T&A alone.

I haven't heard that club referred to as Lace in a loooong time. Last time is was there, probably 10 years ago, it was called The Fare. And man what a nasty dump, but dollar drafts from 3-7 was a good thing.

#123 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

I follow up on this and then leave the T&A alone.
    I haven't heard that club referred to as Lace in a loooong time. Last time is was there, probably 10 years ago, it was called The Fare. And man what a nasty dump, but dollar drafts from 3-7 was a good thing.

I recall Flashdancer being the dump of Arlington while Lace was pretty nice. Then again, those who frequent these establishments have a different set of standards....

#124 10 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

It's not a meal if something didn't die.

I don't know. Did he crumble any crackers in it?
    (For all you Seinfeld fans).

#125 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I recall Flashdancer being the dump of Arlington while Lace was pretty nice. Then again, those who frequent these establishments have a different set of standards....

Flashdancer, my gawd that was a shit hole. It's not even around anymore. You and I have too much in common.

#126 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Flashdancer, my gawd that was a shit hole. It's not even around anymore. You and I have too much in common.

I was in there a number of times when the cops came in for inspections. That place was a hole for sure.

--Jeff

#127 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

I probably have a few "Lace Dollars" in my pinball repair tool kit or someplace like that.

#128 10 years ago

The hotel is 87% booked. If you haven't reserved your room yet, do it now.
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/hotel/

#129 10 years ago

Nifty LED is looking forward to seeing all of you at TPF this year, watch for our show special and we Will have a brand new product to debut at the show

#130 10 years ago
    Quoted from NiftyLED:

Nifty LED is looking forward to seeing all of you at TPF this year, watch for our show special and we Will have a brand new product to debut at the show

Sounds great. Can't wait to see what it is.

#131 10 years ago

Speaking of LEDs (but not to put Nifty on the spot), for those who have been to TPF before are most prices about the same for online retailers except with no shipping and being able to browse the real product? I'm close to needing (ok, wanting) a big LED order and hoping I can hold off 2 months.

#132 10 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

Speaking of LEDs (but not to put Nifty on the spot), for those who have been to TPF before are most prices about the same for online retailers except with no shipping and being able to browse the real product? I'm close to needing (ok, wanting) a big LED order and hoping I can hold off 2 months.

If I remember right,cointakers was 20% off with no shipping of course

#133 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

The hotel is 87% booked. If you haven't reserved your room yet, do it now.
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/hotel/

Just booked our room. Can't wait. See everybody in March!

( now back to more BBQ talk )

#134 10 years ago

Mmmmmmm BBQ

bubbas-bbq-bbq-large-quantities-funny-pictures-1296503897.jpgbubbas-bbq-bbq-large-quantities-funny-pictures-1296503897.jpg
    #135 10 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

Yes, there will be a show discount!

#136 10 years ago

Cool, I just loaded my Flash with a lot of Nifty's and need some more.

#137 10 years ago

It's about a 5 minute drive from my house, so YEAH!

#138 10 years ago

Bump for a great thread!

Ken

#139 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Mmmmmmm BBQ

bubbas-bbq-bbq-large-quantities-... 62 KB

Dude,is that you in the pic?

#140 10 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Dude,is that you in the pic?

No it was a joke.

#141 10 years ago

That guy makes that bbq looks like an appetizer!!!

#142 10 years ago

just booked.
    hotel still had rooms.

#143 10 years ago

Not a pinball but I picked this Warlords four player cocktail up last night. Game is loads of fun and very competitive. I won't have all the cosmetics it needs done but I will have it working in time for TPF. Make sure you get a couple of games in on it that weekend.

warlords cocktail.jpgwarlords cocktail.jpg
    #144 10 years ago

so... how in the world do we spot other Pinsiders at this event?

"Hello, my name is __________" ??

A Pinsider meet-and-greet date/time/location?
    I can bring cigars

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Not a pinball but I picked this Warlords four player cocktail up last night. Game is loads of fun and very competitive. I won't have all the cosmetics it needs done but I will have it working in time for TPF. Make sure you get a couple of games in on it that weekend.

warlords cocktail.jpg 21 KB

Really great multiplayer game! I had one for awhile, converted it to a generic JAMMA cabinet to operate... oh to be able to go back in time.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

1 week later
    #146 10 years ago

I'm in for a cigar meet up! First time to the Lonestar state as well. Counting the days.

#148 10 years ago

Is there a list of exhibitors who will be selling stuff? The prices to ship things to Australia are almost always killer, so any money I can save while I'm there would be well worth it!

Yes, I'm flying in from Australia.

#149 10 years ago

Look at the Vendors section of the TPF site, though I am assuming that's the majors and not necessarily everyone.

#150 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Holy crap, there's a lot of Josh's in that video Ed, and I'm not one of them! SHENANIGANS!

Haha.. Josh I just watched the video and some how I made the cut.

There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-4/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.