Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rat_Tomago
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SR.JPG
    image-287.jpg
    IMAG2415.jpg
    image-237.jpg
    image-62.jpg
    image-312.jpg
    image-814.jpg
    image-477.jpg
    image-463.jpg
    photo.JPG
    image-498.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184944_112.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184948_105.jpg
    IMG_20140327_184953_707.jpg
    IMG_6916.JPG
    IMG_6917.JPG
    There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 10 years ago

Really looking forward to over 400 pins to play.Who else is going and
    what are you looking to see or buy?Has anyone here ever had briscut
    and beer at the 3 Stacks BBQ and Tap House?See ya there

#3 10 years ago

Im looking forward to going too! Thinking about bringing my Robocop but I havent decided yet.

#4 10 years ago

I'll be there as a rookie. Might bring a machine, not quite sure about that yet.

#5 10 years ago

Working on some site updates & announcements now. Show is coming together nicely. 400+ games is the goal but it relies heavily on the collectors and vendors bring games. We have some great guests lined up including John Borg, Roger Sharpe, Steve Ritchie, Dirty Donny Gillies, and more to come

#6 10 years ago

Wow! Nice lineup.

All I asked for for Christmas this year was a trip to the Texas Pinball Fest.
    REEALLY looking forward to it.

#7 10 years ago

I would like to go if things work out for me.
    Have not signed up yet, but I will bring a machine if I am able to go.
    Edit: I signed up to bring a pin.

2012 TPF was my rookie year. It was great fun.

For 2013 TPF, I brought a machine, and a lady friend also came along. We both enjoyed it.
    She had never seen that many pinball machines before at one place. Actually, neither had I.

#8 10 years ago

I'll be there! AGAIN!!!

#9 10 years ago

We would like to try and make it down.... How close is the IN and OUT Burger. ???

#10 10 years ago

I'll come with my son, It'll be our first time. Really looking forward to it, with 400+ machines it's twice as big as NW pinball and gameroom show that we've attended a few times (

)

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

We would like to try and make it down.... How close is the IN and OUT Burger. ???

One is within a min of the new TPF location.

#12 10 years ago

Will be my 3rd year in a row for TPF. Great show.

#14 10 years ago

Ordered some parts from PR and there was the little flyer in the box with the order. Our 9yr old daughter saw it and has been begging to go.

#15 10 years ago

I'm going as I always have.
    I'm bringing 5 Star Trek pins and 1 Star Trek Video.

#16 10 years ago

I will be there see you all in Texas.

Joe(acejedi)

#17 10 years ago

Moved to Pinball Events Sub Forum. Oh, and I will be there!

#18 10 years ago

By the way, for newer Pinsiders, if you click on the calendar that is by some Pinsider's machine ratings and collection right by their post, you can see the list of events they are going to.

We also have a sign up list under the events heading at the top of your page. You can get a full list there of people who have listed it as an event they are going to.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Im looking forward to going too! Thinking about bringing my Robocop but I havent decided yet.

I've never played Robocop.. we need to get together sometime man...been too long. And my collection is basically completely different aside from Future Spa, lol.

#20 10 years ago

Oh, and I've already started working on my games fixing minor issues for TPF. Joy of joys, let me tell you. Any word on if the classic Stern row will make a return? We haven't signed up Magic yet, I don't think, but now that I got most of the green off and only have two small display issues and a dead GI line left to fix...

#21 10 years ago

I'm thinking about bringing my Sharkey's Shootout. Need to do some cleaning and new rubber but it's an unusual game that doesn't pop up too often. Just need to confirm that I'll have room in the truck to haul.

#22 10 years ago

I'll be there with a few games myself!!! Good Times.......

#23 10 years ago

I hope to make it again this year. Last year was my first and I really enjoyed it.
    The event is later this year which may keep me from attending.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Has anyone here ever had briscut
    and beer at the 3 Stacks BBQ and Tap House?See ya there

IMHO, 3 Stacks is one of the top five barbecue places in DFW right now. It's definitely the best one that's close to the TPF. In addition to regular barbecue they also do barbecue pizzas and have a great beer selection with lots of local beers on tap. Some of the prior TPF's were next door to crappy barbecue restaurants. I felt really bad when I found out visitors from out of state ended up at these places. I wanted to apologize and explain that what they had eaten was subpar Texas barbecue so please don't judge all Texas barbecue on that one meal. So in summary, if you want great barbecue and local brews that's the place to go.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cidco:

So in summary, if you want great barbecue and local brews that's the place to go.

Maybe I should can up a bunch of quart jars of my BBQ sauce and bring it to TPF to sell.

#26 10 years ago

Finally got around to registering.

So far I'm down for bringing one pinball, Gottlieb Mustang

I may bring a few others as we get closer to the show. Looking into renting a truck with a few others so that I can bring more. Others I may potentially bring: Slick Chick, Silverball Mania and maybe a couple of multicades for sale.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cidco:

IMHO, 3 Stacks is one of the top five barbecue places in DFW right now. It's definitely the best one that's close to the TPF. In addition to regular barbecue they also do barbecue pizzas and have a great beer selection with lots of local beers on tap. Some of the prior TPF's were next door to crappy barbecue restaurants. I felt really bad when I found out visitors from out of state ended up at these places. I wanted to apologize and explain that what they had eaten was subpar Texas barbecue so please don't judge all Texas barbecue on that one meal. So in summary, if you want great barbecue and local brews that's the place to go.

Thank You,are there other close places you would recommend?
    I;m in Indiana and we think we can grill ha ha I keep it simple with
    my Weber Gold grill (charcoal of course) and Kingsford coals.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I've never played Robocop.. we need to get together sometime man...been too long. And my collection is basically completely different aside from Future Spa, lol.

Anytime! Love to visit, drink a few beers, and play some pins. How are you transporting your pins to TPF?

#29 10 years ago

I'm in for sure. I plan to have a booth for the local pinball club. I'm bringing MM and Whirlwind. Probably the Stark IM if it hasn't sold. Everything is negotiable.

#30 10 years ago

I wish I could bring a game but I think South West airlines
    might charge me extra.

#31 10 years ago

I will be going. Missed last year because I started a new job. Thinking about bringing a machine.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cidco:

The best BBQ in North Dallas is Bone Daddy's. Has excellent food and great looking ladies. Straight down HWY75 south from the festival about 15-20 minutes and exit Spring Valley. It is on the North West corner of 75 and Spring Valley Road.

#33 10 years ago

Joker Poker and a ton of rare beer in tow
    Ill be there
    -Jeff

#34 10 years ago

TPF Classic Stern guys - Time to "Buck Up"!!!!...Who are those villains ?

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

TPF Classic Stern guys - Time to "Buck Up"!!!!...Who are those villains ?

It's not usually me, but at least I can contribute this year. Won't look anything near as good as what's normally there, but I'm used to that.

#2012SpaceShuttleDebacle.

#36 10 years ago

Bill, there is a Bone Daddy's at the Tollway and Windhaven just 5 miles miles south of the Embassy Suites location. Although I don't think the scenery is as good as the one on 75.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Anytime! Love to visit, drink a few beers, and play some pins. How are you transporting your pins to TPF?

We're going in on probably a 17ft truck with another local......you thinking about bringing something?

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

One is within a min of the new TPF location.

Ballykid & I were at the Frisco In-N-Out Burger for the grand Opening in June, 2011. Cars wrapped around the buildingand a solid crowd packing the restaurant.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

We're going in on probably a 17ft truck with another local......you thinking about bringing something?

Correction: Jennifer just reserved a 17ft truck.

#40 10 years ago

I will be bringing 10-14 games this year hopefully. This will be the 6th TPF I have attended and will be the 5th that I have brought games.

Looking at bringing the following games: Atari Video Pinball, Williams Arctic Gun EM rifle game, Gottlieb Diamond Lady, Gottlieb Hi-Score, Chicago Coin Hi-Score Pool, Williams Rancho, Gottlieb Spin-A-Card, Stern Star Gazer, Data East Torpedo Alley, Zacarria Combat, Gottlieb MIBS, Stern Lectronamo, Gottlieb Abra-Ca-Dabra, Bally Joust, Bally Space Invaders, Merit Megatouch 2009.5 LCD bartop, Atari Blasteroids, and maybe Gottlieb Slick Chick if the restoration gets done in time...

There will probably be 3-4 out of that list that will not be working well enough to go or some substitutions but I should still be able to fill at good sized truck with games to bring...

Yup, I am crazy for attempting to bring this many games...

And if anyone has any arcade or pinball parts or projects they want to sell, please bring them to the swap meet Saturday morning. We are hoping to have a larger turnout of games and parts available in the swap meet this year as well.

-- Shawn

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Thinking about bringing and selling the Robocop. I'll PM for details...

#42 10 years ago

First year for me for the TPF. Excited is an understatement.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Finally got around to registering.
    So far I'm down for bringing one pinball, Gottlieb Mustang
    I may bring a few others as we get closer to the show. Looking into renting a truck with a few others so that I can bring more. Others I may potentially bring: Slick Chick, Silverball Mania and maybe a couple of multicades for sale.

I vote for Slick Chick.
    Lot of talk about this one in the EM section lately. Would love to play one.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

First year for me for the TPF. Excited is an understatement.

All the way down from Seattle eh? You will not be dissapointed at all.

#45 10 years ago

I'm in! Wife and kids are excited, too.

In the two years I've attended, TPF is a friendly environment and safe for kids, imho. Fantastic quantity and variety of pins and vids.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

I'm in! Wife and kids are excited, too.
    In the two years I've attended, TPF is a friendly environment and safe for kids, imho. Fantastic quantity and variety of pins and vids.

Trying to talk my wife (and kids) into coming as well.

#47 10 years ago

You know they sell bottled beer right in the gameroom and the machines
    stay a lot longer then the Chicago expo.Just saying...

#49 10 years ago

I'll be there for my third consecutive year.

#50 10 years ago

I will only go if I can find some folks to drink some beers with me.

There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.