(Topic ID: 312450)

Texas Pinball Festival 2022: Post Your Pics, Experiences & Reviews!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 437 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by docquest
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9072 (resized).JPG
    8CAA95A9-FDD0-4844-A679-64C6C2FB2596 (resized).jpeg
    38BFB62C-5E53-4E09-9F63-83330501BEA1 (resized).jpeg
    20220401_104537 (resized).jpg
    20220401_104417 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101253 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101242 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101231 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101216 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101156 (resized).jpg
    5E439144-B603-4CB7-AC4C-B0C9478003E7 (resized).jpeg
    2525-SHINER-BOCK-478x1024 (resized).png
    9e9[1] (resized).png
    D773297F-59E3-466E-822E-566CD6105E21 (resized).jpeg
    A2A68E61-162B-47FB-B1B7-D06B95EBCF6D (resized).jpeg
    9C630912-324C-426C-A1C3-315C8EA0F8A4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindoc1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#235 1 year ago

Overall, I enjoyed the show. The organizers did a great job and things went on smoothly.

But it seemed much more crowded with a line at every single working machine compared to 2019.
    Friday was bad.
    Saturday was worse, but Sunday was better.
    I would be interested to know the statistics concerning the number of machines and attendees compare to past years.

Many machines were turned up way too loud, especially the group of Guns and Roses games and the BK2K. They just drowned out everything else.

Almost everyone was friendly and helpful. The exception being the heckling of the guy from Mirco at his presentation. That was not the time or place. It was obvious after the first guy asked a polite question about the issue that he would not or could not (legally) address the issue. The subsequent hecklers were just embarrassing themselves and wasting everyone's time. He was at his booth the whole weekend. Ask him your questions there. Fortunately, Jersey Jack gave a respectful and informative answer about the same issue.

#236 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hi!
    If you start a four player game by yourself, you are an asshole.
    If you finish a one player game and immediately start another game with people waiting, you are a huge asshole.
    Sincerely,
    Non-assholes

I agree if this behavior is intentional. However, on some games that my daughter and I were trying to play a 2-player game on, it was not clear that the second push of the Start button was registered. Nothing obvious showed on the display to indicate 2 players, so I pushed Start again and ended up with 3 players. This happened on some of the P3 games and a couple others I can't remember. It was not intentional, but still happens.

#248 1 year ago
    Quoted from JRM1:

Does anyone have the free shipping code from Marco? The link expired, but the banner said the code is good until 4/4. Thanks.

I took the survey they were offering but never got a free shipping code. I would also appreciate the code.
    Thanks.

#249 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Well it seems some think it’s heckling. It wasnt heckling its was anger and frustration from poor treatment. My intent on going to TPF was to support a great show, and a great show it was.

Call it what you want but the badgering was indeed heckling and that was not the time or place. Address it with him at the booth or with a lawyer.

#264 1 year ago

As far as Mirco, I have no dog in that fight and I am in no way defending him. However:
    1. He did not state in the seminar that there was not a problem. Just that he was not going to comment.
    2. As I said in my original comment, the heckling was rude and inappropriate in that setting and the hecklers only embarrassed themselves. Bring the proof and “receipts” to him at his booth. If he has potential buyers hanging around, they might think twice if they over hear your complaints and his unwillingness/inability to respond.

Let’s try to be adults here.

#284 1 year ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Incorrect. His quote related to playfield issues was;
    "We have no issues. There is nothing to fix"
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1436568764?t=0h19m18s

My apologies. I did not hear that. The audio in room was not nearly as clear as on that Twitch feed.
    I was listening as hard as I could but could only make out out the repeated statement that he was not going to address it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindoc1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-2022-post-your-pics-experiences-amp-reviews?tu=pindoc1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.