(Topic ID: 312450)

Texas Pinball Festival 2022: Post Your Pics, Experiences & Reviews!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 437 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by docquest
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9072 (resized).JPG
    8CAA95A9-FDD0-4844-A679-64C6C2FB2596 (resized).jpeg
    38BFB62C-5E53-4E09-9F63-83330501BEA1 (resized).jpeg
    20220401_104537 (resized).jpg
    20220401_104417 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101253 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101242 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101231 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101216 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101156 (resized).jpg
    5E439144-B603-4CB7-AC4C-B0C9478003E7 (resized).jpeg
    2525-SHINER-BOCK-478x1024 (resized).png
    9e9[1] (resized).png
    D773297F-59E3-466E-822E-566CD6105E21 (resized).jpeg
    A2A68E61-162B-47FB-B1B7-D06B95EBCF6D (resized).jpeg
    9C630912-324C-426C-A1C3-315C8EA0F8A4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panthercitypins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

Here’s a shot of the new tournament area upstairs. [quoted image]

My little Whirlwind is in there! First time having a game in the tourney. Hope it holds up ok!

#153 2 years ago

I thought the Getaway game looked amazing, as do Cary’s other games.

It’s not really reasonable to expect a pinball machine to take the amount of abuse they get at a show (especially since that game was in the featured display right at the front doors) and not have an issue. Heck, the rethemed Addam’s family was beautiful but it had a flipper broken literally a few hours into Saturday. I shudder to think what one of my games would look like after that kind of abuse.

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

I'll just post the disappointing.. if not done in here all ready..
    a TOTAL absence of some of the best modern games..
    NO Stranger Things
    NO TWD
    NO MM
    NO LOTR
    NO AC/DC
    NO Metallica..
    There were a few weird virtual versions of some of these game but no authentic one.. probably others i'm forgetting..

I noticed this as well. I assumed it was related to supply issues. I figured Stern just doesn’t have as many machines lying around as they did in 2019 to bring to a show.

#224 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Some games break and cant be fixed at the show, its a given, but some people bring broken games to get in free or get into the after hours party. Flame me, downvote me but its the truth.

This is true, I have seen multiple examples of beater games on the floor for sale that didn't work from day 1. Unfortunately there are always going to be some people that take advantage of the free weekend pass deal if you bring a game and they seem to think the on site techs work for free. They do not.

Next year I will be bringing my Xenon and Taxi, both will be freshly restored.

#255 2 years ago

The displeasure generated by the complete lack of communication regarding the playfield issues is what generated the comments in the seminar. I wasn’t there but I did see the video and I didn’t think anyone was disrespectful. If anything Mirco handled it horribly, he didn’t even have any talking points to address issues with his own playfields.

Anyhow, if you don’t respond to customer issues for years I don’t think it’s out of bounds that you get called out during a seminar. Just my $.02.

As far as the bring a game comment, I would love to see more people bring games who are in the local area. People from out of town come to enjoy the games and spending their money is how they support TPF. It is difficult to keep a game up for the entire weekend but it’s part of the deal. There are always about 20% of the games down by Sunday. I try to bullet proof my games as much as possible prior to TPF but it’s a serious stress test for sure.

There’s really no reason for people to argue about bringing a game vs spending money, both are supporting the show. Some folks just want to argue on Pinside I guess.

See everyone next year, I’ve already started on my Xenon resto for 2023!

#390 2 years ago

Oh boy, here we go...

#399 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

No COVID, but I had a vicious cold. First time I’ve been sick in two years. It was worth it, though.

I believe Dennis from EGP said he got sick as well, not COVID. He called it “Con Crud”.

Anytime you go to a big convention with people from multiple areas in a confined space and touching pinball machines infections will happen.

#411 2 years ago

TPF still reigns as the Worlds Best Pinball Show! I’m lucky to have it in my back yard!
    Great job TPF organizers!

#426 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shows been over a few weeks, what’s left to say?
    The Matrix Ressurections thread is dead too.
    Come on over to the Pinfest threads for some hot upcoming show discussion action!

Speak for yourself! I’m still basking in the post-TPF afterglow. Where’s my cigarette?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panthercitypins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-2022-post-your-pics-experiences-amp-reviews?tu=panthercitypins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.