(Topic ID: 312450)

Texas Pinball Festival 2022: Post Your Pics, Experiences & Reviews!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 437 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by docquest
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9072 (resized).JPG
    8CAA95A9-FDD0-4844-A679-64C6C2FB2596 (resized).jpeg
    38BFB62C-5E53-4E09-9F63-83330501BEA1 (resized).jpeg
    20220401_104537 (resized).jpg
    20220401_104417 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101253 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101242 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101231 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101216 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101156 (resized).jpg
    5E439144-B603-4CB7-AC4C-B0C9478003E7 (resized).jpeg
    2525-SHINER-BOCK-478x1024 (resized).png
    9e9[1] (resized).png
    D773297F-59E3-466E-822E-566CD6105E21 (resized).jpeg
    A2A68E61-162B-47FB-B1B7-D06B95EBCF6D (resized).jpeg
    9C630912-324C-426C-A1C3-315C8EA0F8A4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoteldrummer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx! Is he a pinsider?

Lordofthegameroom.com

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

So how was Weird Al? Fun? Boring? Hard? Easy?

I was slightly disappointed and I really wanted to love it. It wasn’t exactly the titles fault as the P3 itself was awkward. I’m sure over time you will get used to it but my own personal impression of it was just average at best. It did however offer quite a lot of modes and cool music(Weird Al). I guess what didn’t happen after playing it was asking myself what can I sell to buy this

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the impressions. Yours is my general problem with the Multimorphic titles I've played before. Was wondering if Weird Al and neat design in the upper part could overcome it.

You’re very welcome, unfortunately I played both Weird Al and the P3 platform itself for the first time together so I didn’t have any other P3 experience to compare it to. I played Heist, Lexy Lightspeed and Cannon Lagoon afterwards and unfortunately they didn’t improve my opinion much. I don’t want to knock it too much though, it does have tremendous potential and it looks like it’s headed in the right direction. I’m sure if I had one for an extended amount of time, I would come to like it much more but it’s definitely not a love at first play kind of machine

Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the impressions. Yours is my general problem with the Multimorphic titles I've played before. Was wondering if Weird Al and neat design in the upper part could overcome it.

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

By the way, Todd Tuckey's genuine excitement over winning a TWIPY was a real highlight for me.
    [quoted image]

Even though I thoroughly enjoy the other channels nominated, I was really happy he won it

#192 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChipScott:

Sure, there were a lot of games on the fritz, and yes, there was a plethora of Sega and data East games (and some cool older EM titles) and a lack of absence of some of the more popular older Bally/Williams and Stern titles (as has been mentioned)...and sure, there were a fair amount of turned-on games that had super weak flippers, wonky orbits, bizarre drop targets panels that looked like bad teeth and games with consistent ball trough issues, and sure at times the lines seemed long, but all that said it sure was nice to see everyone out and about again at TPF, and I was happy to be a part of the festivities
    Seemed like a lot of players out there had really been honing their skills over the last couple years cuz the ball times, even on brutal games, seemed long for the person playing in front of you, haha. Sometimes (actually al lot of the time) I had to just walk away cuz the person in front of me was just absolutely killing it! ...and good for them
    I did have one thought that relates to TPF (as well as any other major event like that), but related/ unrelated...So, here was my thought that I had this year.
    So, for example, Stern will sell a floor model, with a "show discount." Looks like they take about hundred bucks +/- off MSRP (each Stern game had a sign "Buy this show game" at 6899 for pro and 8999 for premium) and that's still a crazy high price for both pro and premium these days, blah blah, but it is what it is and that's not my point).
    What I started thinking about was this...
    Man, these games are getting thrashed, and by the end of the show, Sunday, some of these games obviously needed a full shop job, if not more.
    So I started thinking, how many games are these machines taking over the weekend? 500? 600? My guess is probably more. So it got me thinking further...you have a game that essentially is now a location game, played by anyone and everyone as hard and as fast and as passionately as possible, probably racking up close to 1,000 games very quickly and being sold for $100 +/- less than MSRP.
    ...I'm a firm believer that in the home environment, if you maintain your game nicely, you can put on hundreds if not thousands of games and have the game looking and playing absolutely perfectly. But yet some people gripe and question as to how many games a machine has, and with that game number alone, justify what they think a fair price for a well maintained game should be, and while today's market is ridiculous, I'm sure everyone would agree, prior to this ridiculous bubble, people would be hesitant to pay anywhere near MSRP prices for HUO well maintained games based on gameplays #'s alone (however, these days, seems like anything goes).
    So, how does one then justify $100 less for a game at a show (especially at today's MSRP prices)? I don't know what the right answer is, well maybe I do, but I just thought I would share that thought process, because I know I would rather pay close to MSRP for a HUO well-maintained game but for myself, I would never agree to purchase a show game, at least not at that very minor discount.
    Now, I don't mean any disrespect or ill-will to anyone who did purchase a game at TPF this year, I just think, at least for me, that it highlights the value of HUO game prices for games that are well maintained, regardless of how many plays are on it... And I know this is a topic that has been discussed before, I just wanted to share this thought in the event other people were sort of thinking the same.
    Now, back to the regularly scheduled program.

Well it’s always weird to me that some people pay more for a used game than a new one but both scenarios have the same reason, the game is right there in front of them with no waiting. Personally I would rather wait to get a NIB at MSRP but these days it seems buyers don’t care about play numbers and wear of the game vs something they can take home immediately. Just my take on it

#201 2 years ago
    Quoted from tectonyc:

Looking at you, whoever set up the Black Knight 2000...

Oh man, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. That was so ridiculous. You could hear that damn thing from almost anywhere in the show SMH. I was playing the WOZ just a few games away and it sounded like it was at full blast, just starting to distort. Yikes

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoteldrummer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-2022-post-your-pics-experiences-amp-reviews?tu=hoteldrummer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.