(Topic ID: 312450)

Texas Pinball Festival 2022: Post Your Pics, Experiences & Reviews!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 437 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by docquest
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9072 (resized).JPG
    8CAA95A9-FDD0-4844-A679-64C6C2FB2596 (resized).jpeg
    38BFB62C-5E53-4E09-9F63-83330501BEA1 (resized).jpeg
    20220401_104537 (resized).jpg
    20220401_104417 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101253 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101242 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101231 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101216 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101156 (resized).jpg
    5E439144-B603-4CB7-AC4C-B0C9478003E7 (resized).jpeg
    2525-SHINER-BOCK-478x1024 (resized).png
    9e9[1] (resized).png
    D773297F-59E3-466E-822E-566CD6105E21 (resized).jpeg
    A2A68E61-162B-47FB-B1B7-D06B95EBCF6D (resized).jpeg
    9C630912-324C-426C-A1C3-315C8EA0F8A4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#211 2 years ago

For the record; I brought *5* games ... and only used 3 badges.

I'm honestly curious... those "voicing concerns" about bringing machines to the show and having them not work...
    how many of you actually brought games?

If you just came for the show without bringing a game... it's my opinion; you can just shut the hell up.
    As a exhibitor who brings games to every TPF and Houston show... I can tell you that complaining about broken machines - while justified feels pretty damn empty when you spent zero effort to support the show in any meaningful way.

Sometimes stuff breaks and even with all the vendors on the show... it's impossible to keep them running as most vendors did not sell repair parts like coils or transistors or whatever.

If you brought a game and it are still complaining; then all right.
    Else; put up or shut up.

#214 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Sure, some comments may come off as ungrateful but blanket statements like yours are just dumb.

Nope.
    Support that You consume, and "buy stuff" comes off as ungrateful and empty.
    I work my ass off for this show... I don't appreciate people with your opinion bitching that "broken games" are not acceptable.
    If you can't provide games at the show; then don't come. Really.
    (I'm sure that the orgs don't feel the same... but this is my opinion and while it might be unpopular - it's my real answer. Put up or shut up)

#225 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Congratulations! You just bankrupted the show

Flaming drama much?
    I don't run the show. My opinion is my own. I didn't do anything to bankrupt anyone.
    But I get it; you love the drama and want to create more.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

TPF would be a small show indeed if only a few hundred people showed up to admire each other’s game

Again, to me .. this is much preferred to these ungrateful self indulgent arse hats that want to bitch about 40 yr old games breaking down under the stress of 100s of games by abusive competitive players doing slap saves.
    Yes... I personally witnessed this behavior

#232 2 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

Arcade Game for his Target Zero.

Played that one Saturday night.
    Nice game. well deserved.

Quoted from metallik:

Slap saves don't break games.

Never said it did.
    But my game; my rules. and it was more aggressive than a slap save... as I actually had someone point it out to my while I was standing there observing his antics.
    Respect other peoples property... not hard to do. But the show was full of people who can't do that. (RE: Happy Hour at the hotel vs thieves)

#266 2 years ago

Ok. So, you want to play machines.... But aren't willing to provide machines for the event to happen.

Let's all do that for 2023... I'm sure the event will even be better with a higher ratio of working games.

#273 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

But you want everyone to bring a game and get in for free...
    So where does the money to rent the venue, etc. come from if no one is paying anything?
    Obviously, there needs to be a mixture of both games and paying customers.

I disagree, but see your point.

I think for 2023; I'll rent a booth... erect some velvet ropes and hire a big armed guard.
    I make a sign that says, "exhibitors" only and enforce that rule.
    Didn't bring a game? no soup for you.

That way; I'm happy. Ya'll are happy. And we all get what we want.

It's honestly surprising at how many people want to "take" from the hobby you claim to love... but want to put in zero effort. Obviously there is a "balance" here... but I feel pretty unappreciated bringing games to a show when the vocal minority thinks it's ok to bitch that games broke down and they somehow felt cheated that they didn't get to spend enough time with unlimited access to every machine on the floor.
    I invite every one of you to attend Chicago Expo and report back how horrible TPF was.

#278 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

I flew down, spent $180 for two show tickets, barely played any pinball due to crowds/lines and almost couldn't stand how loud it was in the hall. MGC and Expo are no where near those volume levels.

LOL. You attend the largest pinball convention in the USA and maybe the world.
    You complain that there were lines to play machines because there wasn't enough machines because you, yourself, didn't bring one.
    And now you complain about the noise?

I've been actively bring machines since 2007 with my *first* show.
    You think this was bad; you'd have hated it when there was actually music over the pa system.

I get it; you guys want to fly in and play games... but I just won't accept your arguments that you should have had a better time when it's clear you put forth no effort.

To the argument that this is "big business"; I can't argue with that.
    TPF has grown to big. To many non-local "users" taking advantage of our hospitality and good will and bitching that they didn't have a good time because other people came to play machines but didn't bring any.

Chicago Expo is MUCH worse with people bringing non-functional craptastic machines to get in for free.

It's CLEAR from the 2 hour exhibitor-only show that the ratio of people bringing machines to people attending is way to skewed to the latter.

So; continue making arguments why the show sucked and why games were broken.
    Your doing a pretty good job of convincing me that I should just join you and just pay my ticket and play games other people bring.

#294 2 years ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

If people like you or Zitt think this should be a community supported event where shaming people if they “freeload” by attending without bringing machines is logical, then maybe organize a non commercial version.

I know I sound like a old man yelling at the clouds; but, really the event is a direct result of what you put into it.

I have no dog in the TPF race... I don't get a kickback. I don't get free hotel, gas to the show, free vouchers for food, etc. I get exactly one wristband for one game. While I consider the organizers at TPF friends; I don't have any idea what is involved in paying for the show. I also don't know what it cost them for the cancelled 2020 show.

Maybe I am trying to shame people who complain... because those complaints are utter bullshit.
    I have stated very clearly that my opinion is that people who don't bring games to the show have zero right to complain and should have no say in how it's run. You are just consuming what you don't understand.

I'm within my right to request that you not attend our show. I'm also within my right to look down upon you from my lofty exhibitor pedestal and yell "peasants" if you do. Do us all a favor... start a show in your own neck of the woods. Build that show... and leave ours alone.

Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

I guess my point is THANK YOU Zitt, and I am saddened that you feel underappreciated. This should not be the case, as you are as supportive to the hobby as they come.

Until this thread; I did not feel under appreciated. That said, I appreciate you taking the time to let me know that you understand what I and the other exhibitors do for the joy of others.

I'm sick and tired of these crybaby elitists whining that games were broken.
    There are *ALWAYS* bad apples at these shows. I agree that the shows should do a better job at policing this behavior.
    I also believe that the arsehats that do this should be burned at the community stake.

Most of my friends in the hobby continue to believe I am fuxing nuts to bring a New-Out-Of-Box Star Trek LE (back in 2014) to the show each year. At the time I dismissed this as "meh, it's pinball ... supposed to be enjoyed".

Now with a >$12k value... and showing signs of clear coat wear and problematic optos with no current solution. I'm thinking it may just be time to listen to those friends. Stern no longer appears offering warranty service for Node Boards... they are putting all of those node boards to NEW machines. They won't sell new node boards to repair old games. As a result; I think it's probably better to keep my toys at home since ...clearly... the vocal minority here wants me to do the same.

I'm convinced that other exhibitors are reading this thread ... facepalming at my "rants" but secretly nodding in agreement.

The whole situation is Just sad really.

#297 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

Star Trek LE is a SAM game and doesn’t use node boards (except for the RGB lighting). If you are having opto issues you have a bad opto or the tiny ‘my first Sony’ speaker wire the optos use is bad or failing. Replace both optos for the opto switch causing issues. They are a PITA to replace since they are buried as I have done it many times on my pro models.

Thanks for the advice... but that has already been covered and is not the issue.
    See: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-opto-amplifier-520-5239-01-schematic#post-6854327

Quoted from Vino:

No complaints from this dude from CA.

Glad you got to enjoy my Star_Trek: Mirror Universe game. Hopefully before it ran out of credits or after I figured out how to set the free credit thresholds properly. I know I had it set properly at previous shows; but I think I lost settings when I swapped in new batteries at home.

#314 2 years ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

it’s *NOT* *YOUR* show

It is my show... because I take ownership and bring *working* games to the show.

I'll continue to call you and people like mbeardsley out.
    Yes; in my book you both are free loaders who do nothing but throw money at the show. You aren't an asset to the community and are just a consumer. My opinion; and nothing you say will convince me otherwise. Stop being butt hurt that I'm calling out out specifically and move on.

I mean seriously; my opinion of you or the "paying public" shouldn't offend you or anyone you know.
    I wouldn't go to your local show and tell you how to run it... you should come here and get offended that I don't consider you to be an asset to the show.

It you want proof of how shitty the paying public is... go attend Chicago Expo with the intent of playing other peoples' machines. The community there is made up of two types:
    1) Same ratted out, non working games that are there every year for the sole purpose of getting access to the show.
    2) Same "pay to attend" people who bring nothing to the show except dollars.
    I attended ONE YEAR with my Star Trek: Mirror Universe and the free play area was garbage. Maybe 20 machines all worthless and in various states of horror.
    Each year it gets worse; to the point where no one attends because no one cares.
    I don't want this happening to MY SHOW.

That said; I wave the white flag and won't respond to any more "i resent the implication" type responses.

I agree we need people to pay for tickets. Anything else would mean the venue doesn't get paid. I agree that balance is needed. That said; bitching about the way the show is run... or what games may or may not be there is just disrespectful to the people who actually do put forth an effort. That is simply the point I was trying to make.

#318 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What if I told you there was a show that not only gave you free entry for the weekend, you had full access to the entire show one day in advance before it opens, a private VIP room with games and free food and booze all weekend. That and like 1000 thank yous. How does that sound?

9e9[1] (resized).png9e9[1] (resized).png

#368 2 years ago

I was vaccinated and boosted (boosted 2wks before Houston show last year - very few (including myself) wore masks)... :knocking on wood: I haven't had any symptoms yet from TPF.
    Hope I dodged it this time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-2022-post-your-pics-experiences-amp-reviews?tu=Zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.