(Topic ID: 312450)

Texas Pinball Festival 2022: Post Your Pics, Experiences & Reviews!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 437 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by docquest
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9072 (resized).JPG
    8CAA95A9-FDD0-4844-A679-64C6C2FB2596 (resized).jpeg
    38BFB62C-5E53-4E09-9F63-83330501BEA1 (resized).jpeg
    20220401_104537 (resized).jpg
    20220401_104417 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101253 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101242 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101231 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101216 (resized).jpg
    20220401_101156 (resized).jpg
    5E439144-B603-4CB7-AC4C-B0C9478003E7 (resized).jpeg
    2525-SHINER-BOCK-478x1024 (resized).png
    9e9[1] (resized).png
    D773297F-59E3-466E-822E-566CD6105E21 (resized).jpeg
    A2A68E61-162B-47FB-B1B7-D06B95EBCF6D (resized).jpeg
    9C630912-324C-426C-A1C3-315C8EA0F8A4 (resized).jpeg

There are 437 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

No COVID, but I had a vicious cold. First time I’ve been sick in two years. It was worth it, though.

Ditto. I thought I might have caught Covid but PCR test was negative. I’ve had a horrible sore throat since last Thursday/Friday though.

#402 1 year ago

Got into and out of TPF/Dallas with nary a sniffle, but I can definitely see how folks get the 'crud', considering all of us are there, touching the same germy bits of machines.

#403 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I believe Dennis from EGP said he got sick as well, not COVID. He called it “Con Crud”.

Yeah, throat started sore on one side (sinus drainage, pretty obvious when it's one side), nose finally stuffed up and I felt better. Itchy eyes though so my allergies seemed to also be in play. Five antigen tests each day with symptoms, all negative (I had a public health conference right after TPF and they gave us daily tests). So I'm guessing some sort of cold + allergies. I'm mostly recovered from that now.

Was a fun time at TPF. My thanks to everyone who brought games for us to enjoy!

#404 1 year ago

If post event grunge takes a week to hit, I got it. Massive runny nose and stomach bug. Two negative covid tests.

#405 1 year ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

If post event grunge takes a week to hit, I got it. Massive runny nose and stomach bug. Two negative covid tests.

Everyone's mileage may vary but I started to feel off the day after the show ended (so on Monday) and knew I had something going on as of Tuesday.

#406 1 year ago

Also, many folks don’t realize that bad food can take several days to hit. We think it is what we just ate, but not necessarily.

#407 1 year ago
    Quoted from OpSteel:

We didn't get COVID as our tests came back negative, but my family did end up with a nasty case of flu. It was worse then the bout of COVID I did have previously.

Well I guess the good old “pinball show flu” is back!!

Just like old times !

#408 1 year ago

Man. I hate to hear that so many of you guys got sick. I guess my wife and I got lucky since we didn't get sick.

#409 1 year ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Yeah, throat started sore on one side (sinus drainage, pretty obvious when it's one side), nose finally stuffed up and I felt better. Itchy eyes though so my allergies seemed to also be in play. Five antigen tests each day with symptoms, all negative (I had a public health conference right after TPF and they gave us daily tests). So I'm guessing some sort of cold + allergies. I'm mostly recovered from that now.
    Was a fun time at TPF. My thanks to everyone who brought games for us to enjoy!

Ditto to this! Thankfully negative as well. Weird when its one sided. Never had allergies, but it started with "one side" sneezing on the way home Sunday. But no worries, Id do it again!!

#410 1 year ago

I had an amazing time meeting with enthusiasts and vendors. It was great seeing everyone connect through this amazing hobby. Loved seeing the mix of new and old games. Personally, I fell in love with the game Title Fight. Can't wait for next year.

...and I didn't get sick.

#411 1 year ago

TPF still reigns as the Worlds Best Pinball Show! I’m lucky to have it in my back yard!
    Great job TPF organizers!

#412 1 year ago

I did 2 video's on TPF 2022 you can check it out here!

#413 1 year ago

I had a great time, great show.. Thank you to the organizers for putting on one of the greatest pinball events of the year. For me, its all about Allentown and Texas..... Good times with Great friends...

#414 1 year ago

At least it’s being brought to peoples attention in this thread. I went to Indisc 2020 and was sick for a week after. I didn’t have any idea until 6 months later listening to a podcast that dozens of people became sick. ( please remember this was at the beginning of all the fun we’ve had the last 2 years). Makes one wonder?

#415 1 year ago
    Quoted from ScottThePhotog:

Man. I hate to hear that so many of you guys got sick. I guess my wife and I got lucky since we didn't get sick.

Same here. I've spent two years mostly masked and WFH, so I just expected to get knocked down by TPF. Three days unmasked there (w/lots of handshakes, bear hugs, high fives, and tight crowds), followed immediately by 3 days in San Diego on business, and I'm thankful to report I've not come down with anything.

#416 1 year ago
    Quoted from Seraph:

Same here. I've spent two years mostly masked and WFH, so I just expected to get knocked down by TPF. Three days unmasked there (w/lots of handshakes, bear hugs, high fives, and tight crowds), followed immediately by 3 days in San Diego on business, and I'm thankful to report I've not come down with anything.

I think it was the Pinside party that did it.

#417 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I went to Indisc 2020 and was sick for a week after. I didn’t have any idea until 6 months later listening to a podcast that dozens of people became sick.

Getting sick after ANY event isn't unique to pinball or unusual. It's a common, mundane occurrence at every large event in every industry.

Big thanks to volunteer scorekeeper Felicia who only rolled her eyes a little bit when I said, "Bye Felisha," as she was leaving after her shift.

#418 1 year ago
    Quoted from Purdue:

My little dude got to meet his hero!!
    [quoted image]

1'
    I was right next to you guys when you took this pic. Fantastic that your son got to meet "the man, the myth, the legend!"

#419 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think it was the Pinside party that did it.

Ah, yeah, I didn't go to that Petri dish.

#420 1 year ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Big thanks to volunteer scorekeeper Felicia who only rolled her eyes a little bit when I said, "Bye Felisha," as she was leaving after her shift.

My friends named "Karen" have had a hard time of it these last few years.

#421 1 year ago
    Quoted from Seraph:

My friends named "Karen" have had a hard time of it these last few years.

My mom's name is Karan

Crazy thing is...she's the nicest person! WAYYYYYY nicer than me!!!

#422 1 year ago

Why did everyone just stop posting here?

#423 1 year ago

TPF 2022 is old news at this point

#424 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

TPF 2022 is old news at this point

Sorry ,not old news, the thread starting turning into another COVID thread is probably why, I'll get it back on track

No knock on any other show that is put on, TPF is the best by far. I hope anyone who hasn't made the trip, I highly encourage being part of the event. The effort, pride, passion and ownership participants take is truly unbelievable and second to none. For those exhibitors that made the long trek to TPF, I truly salute you! Unbelievable the machines in tow for hundreds of miles, vendors packing up their gear and bringing all the way, so many people giving their own time and effort for the passion of the hobby to make this event spectacular. I try to make the trip every year and will continue to do so in the years to come.

#425 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Why did everyone just stop posting here?

Shows been over a few weeks, what’s left to say?

The Matrix Ressurections thread is dead too.

Come on over to the Pinfest threads for some hot upcoming show discussion action!

#426 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shows been over a few weeks, what’s left to say?
    The Matrix Ressurections thread is dead too.
    Come on over to the Pinfest threads for some hot upcoming show discussion action!

Speak for yourself! I’m still basking in the post-TPF afterglow. Where’s my cigarette?

#427 1 year ago

I like seeing the pics. The other thing we can’t talk about is just part of it. People have always gotten sick after shows. There was a name for it at one point. There are so many new games out that it must have been fun to see them and get to play them, lines or no lines. I have seen the new CCr and it is gorgeous. Its tempting to sell my original game and buy a remake

#428 1 year ago

I watched a video from this event that showed a vendor booth that offered wire form mod/toy mounts.
    Does anyone know the company name?
    I can't seem to recall their name.
    Thank you!

#429 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballsbeout:

I watched a video from this event that showed a vendor booth that offered wire form mod/toy mounts.
    Does anyone know the company name?
    I can't seem to recall their name.
    Thank you!

Backalley Creations.

#430 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Backalley Creations.

Thank you!

1 week later
    #431 1 year ago

Anyone know if the seminars will go up on YouTube as they have expired from Twitch?

#432 1 year ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone know if the seminars will go up on YouTube as they have expired from Twitch?

I would love to see them busting Mirco's balls

1 month later
    #433 1 year ago

anyone know the dates for TPF 2023? .....

#434 1 year ago
    Quoted from srt-8:

Per the website: March 24-26 2023

#435 1 year ago
    Quoted from srt-8:

https://texaspinball.com/

1 month later
    #436 1 year ago

Does anyone recall who was doing signings on the Godzilla flyers?

IMG_9072 (resized).JPGIMG_9072 (resized).JPG
    #437 1 year ago

M

Quoted from TrueJedi:

Does anyone recall who was doing signings on the Godzilla flyers?
    [quoted image]

Looks like Jerry Thompson

There are 437 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-2022-post-your-pics-experiences-amp-reviews/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.