Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by way2wyrd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

duff_beer_trinkhelm_big.jpg
    Oh_no_!!.gif
    #1 12 years ago

Hello everyone, many of you probably already know that the TPF 2012 is coming this March, less than 6 weeks away, and I'm considering going this year. It will be my first year going, and was hoping some of you guys could give me an opinion on past years of the festival. I'm sure it is busy, but just how busy? Is it easy to find a machine? Are other people at the event friendly? Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me more info about this event, and hopefully I will see some of you guys there!

#2 12 years ago

Large collection of machines. Usually you only have to wait to get on the New machine, so expect to wait to play AC/DC. Lots of machines for sale there but have to wait till Sunday to move them out. Very friendly crowd. I can tell you this, if you don't have a room at the Hilton where its being held you're outta luck. Heard its sold out for the weekend, but there are other hotels around. If you looking for deals on project machines, parts, backglasses then the Saturday morning parking lot sale is the place to be. We will be bringing a few machines. Hope to see ya there.
    For more info: http://www.texaspinball.com/ and click on the Previous show links to see pics of previous shows. There are some overhead shots to see how big it is.

#3 12 years ago

If there is any way I will be there with the whole family. George Gomez speaking, humongous parking lot show, lots of pins to play. wow.

#4 12 years ago

I just Reserved my room for 2 nites @ The Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center .
    A Huge room w/ 2 bed's ..
    I'm lOOk-n 4-ward to this Event .. Several member's and Friend's say it's Better than The Expo ,
    York , etc... Also , If any Pinside member's want to get 2-gether , Look 4, CoinTaker's Section
    I'll be hang-n with Chris & Melissa.. Later in the Evening @ the Bar, the 1st round is on Me ?

Should I Wear my Horned helmet ? That would be a True Give-away !!! Hey Look , There's B_R

#5 12 years ago

I'll be there all three days. It's about 30 - 40 minutes from my house. This is my first time attending and I'm really looking forward to it.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Should I Wear my Horned helmet ? That would be a True Give-away !!! Hey Look , There's B_R

If you get it through airport security and onto the plane I'd be impressed. Go for it!

#7 12 years ago

Had a great time last year. I hope you win the free pin!

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from ChadNC:

Had a great time last year. I hope you win the free pin!

Wish you were Gonna be there this Yr . I'm Gonna Enter a Tourney or 2.. Hope to Win something !!

Here's a video of The TPF last yr by: Cointaker ..

#9 12 years ago

I'll be there too.

B_R - You booked your room today? I thought they were sold out. I'll have to call in the AM as I fear I've procrastinated to long.

#10 12 years ago

Thanks for all the info everyone! I've decided to go this year, but because I am always looking to save money, I looked around and found a few hotels just about ten minutes away for around half the price, which is good for me because really I just need a bed. I'm thinking about entering a tourney as well, even though I haven't played a fully working machine in about...4 years? I can't remember. Anyway, I hope to meet some of you guys there. As for waiting for an AC/DC machine, I really have no desire to play that game at all, so I'll be good.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I'll be there too.

B_R - You booked your room today? I thought they were sold out. I'll have to call in the AM as I fear I've procrastinated to long.

In the Texas Pinball link above , I found the Link to the Hotel.. I called , Boom I have a Big Room w/ 2-bed's for Fri- & Sat- nite for $ 232.50 .. Yes I have an X-tra bed ,,
    The Flight from Greensboro to DFW ( non-stop Round trip ) $ 415.60 . Cheapest i could Find ..

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from QuackenColony:

Anyway, I hope to meet some of you guys there. As for waiting for an AC/DC machine, I really have no desire to play that game at all, so I'll be good.

Ohh that's Terrible !!! Post Yr Pict- in the member Photo's Thread.. So I can spot you out !!

#13 12 years ago

I hope to make it to TPF 2012. I've never been to an expo/fest/tournament, so lookin fwd to it. There will be some Pinsiders from Louisiana going this year. Glad to see that some other Pinsiders will be there as well. Should be fun to play some machines that I have never played before. Then I can add some more machine ratings on Pinside website. I would like to play a few games on one of the new AC/DC machines.
    Already bought & recv'd one of the new TPF 2012 t-shirts. And yes it appears they will have a Quick Draw pinball machine there (t-shirt design, see backglass for Gottlieb Fast Draw/Quick Draw).

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Ohh that's Terrible !!! Post Yr Pict- in the member Photo's Thread..

I'll have a picture up there soon, as for the reason I don't want to play AC/DC, it is pretty odd, since I was always the person who said that pinball has the crazy effect of making you love a theme you hate, but that is hard to do for music based machines. Oddly enough, I can't think of any music based machines I actually enjoy (I haven't played Rolling Stones yet).

#15 12 years ago

Booked my room so they still have some. They would only do the $104 for Friday night though. Second night was $140 At least I got a room. Serves me right for waiting...

#16 12 years ago

Im in I have a room for sat and fri night. Ill be bringing a cooler of hard to find beers to share with yall

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I just Reserved my room for 2 nites @ The Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center .
    A Huge room w/ 2 bed's ..
    I'm lOOk-n 4-ward to this Event .. Several member's and Friend's say it's Better than The Expo ,
    York , etc... Also , If any Pinside member's want to get 2-gether , Look 4, CoinTaker's Section
    I'll be hang-n with Chris & Melissa.. Later in the Evening @ the Bar, the 1st round is on Me ?

I say bring the helmet.

#18 12 years ago

I Don't think I'd have a prob- with the Helmet in my Luggage , but the Horn's are Filled w Thin-set i use for installing Tile and i have a bolt cemented in with the thread's poking out to Secure them to the helmet.. Security might think they are filled with an Explosive content.. Oh_no_!!.gifOh_no_!!.gif

I'm Not Gonna Chance it !!

#19 12 years ago

I think this will pass through TSB Security

duff_beer_trinkhelm_big.jpgduff_beer_trinkhelm_big.jpg

1 month later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-2012-2013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.