(Topic ID: 148683)

Texas Pinball Fest 2016 Tourney: New and Improved!

By Snailman

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 234 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mike21878
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

standings_(resized).jpg
    IMG953356_(resized).jpg
    index_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 8 years ago

I am not going to this tourney but just a few observations.
    $20 is nothing.... get over it.
    Changing the tourney rules beforehand does suck but they have averted a major screw up.
    Less entries available does benefit the lesser skilled players, so you might see some fairly random results from this format.
    My only suggestion would be to have fewer games count towards your total score. 20 entries on 10 games is pretty brutal.
    Keeping 12 games available keeps the lines moving, but with only 20 attempts it would be much better if only your best 7-8 games counted.

#136 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

"Shortest line" strategy FTW
    I love the DTM software used at Louisville. Allowed me to bail on a 4-deep line for Meteor, flush an entry down the Paragon black hole, then re-enter Meteor line in the same place 5 min later...

Yes! Having the ability to self cue at LAX was awesome! I could get in a 7 deep cue for GOT, and go get food or go play games on the floor, then just check my phone every so often to know when I needed to be back in the tourney area. It was great!

#160 8 years ago

I'm also a little confused by only taking 16 players. LAX had 132 players, of which probably about 90 were actual competitors and they took 24 plus another 16 in B division. I did read about finals being on Saturday instead of Sunday. So why the self-imposed time constraints?

#200 8 years ago

Aside from the players you already mentioned, watch out for Kevin Stone, Grant Mortenson, Steve Marsh, Shawn Lee, Ron Hallett Jr., Jason Mawson, Robert Byers.

#205 8 years ago

Of course it depends on the tourney and the score keeper. Usually what happens is they turn around after entering a score and if the next player is not standing there ready to go, they will call their name 2 or 3 times, then skip ahead in the queue. They typically will not wait more than about 30-60 seconds.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-fest-2016-tourney-new-and-improved?tu=lotr_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.